Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,083 members, 7,835,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (356572 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by yesloaded: 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2021
alejandro72:
I would appreciate it if someone can recommend a good Lexus mechanic in Ibadan.
Cos my eye don see!!

If you r still in need of auto mechanic I can recommend for you the one I normally use here in Ibadan. He's good at what he does (based on personal experience) & will scan your car first before anything.

Let me know if I should drop his number for you as I don't wanna sound like forcing him on you but he's good & run well organized auto mechanic workshop
Re: Club-Lexus by alphabbey1(m): 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2021
homeboy205:

I am in Ibadan and I just started driving Lexus,

It depends on the problem you are having with your Lexus. For me, I have a pocket scanning device which I use to scan for engine troubles and most time it’s always something I can fix myself.

But I have reliable boys at the back of the prison yard who help me with the legs…

I have been using them for years because any mechanic you took your car to in Ibadan is still coming to gate to buy the part. That is why I love the prison yard right beside the market
kindly drop there number for future purpose
Re: Club-Lexus by abioduncrypto20: 4:18pm On Nov 08, 2021
My lexus rx 300 consume fuel. And the check engine light is always on. Aside that, there is no catalyst. Could it be it's because there is not catalyst that is why it is consuming fuel so much
Re: Club-Lexus by toba1909(m): 10:25am On Nov 12, 2021
Good Morning All.

My 2008 Lexus ES 350 suddenly starts overheating on a trip to Ilaro last week. All checks by my mechanics didn't detect any hose damage or leakages.

Again it overheats on my way to Ogbomoso 2 days ago, I pulled over to let it cool down and when I checked the radiator, the water was intact.

Vehicles was driven back to Ibadan, and taken to mechanic workshop for another thorough check. Mechanic said I need to change the radiator to double cell.

Pls is that correct?

Help a brother o
Re: Club-Lexus by Elboki109: 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2021
Just got a Lexus Rx330 2006(Full option).. This is my first car actually. I'll like to customize the car. At least to change somethings to more fashionable one's( Majorly the interior).

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by homeboy205: 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
toba1909:
Good Morning All.

My 2008 Lexus ES 350 suddenly starts overheating on a trip to Ilaro last week. All checks by my mechanics didn't detect any hose damage or leakages.

Again it overheats on my way to Ogbomoso 2 days ago, I pulled over to let it cool down and when I checked the radiator, the water was intact.

Vehicles was driven back to Ibadan, and taken to mechanic workshop for another thorough check. Mechanic said I need to change the radiator to double cell.

Pls is that correct?

Help a brother o

You sure say fan Dey blow ??
Re: Club-Lexus by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
Elboki109:
Just got a Lexus Rx330 2006(Full option).. This is my first car actually. I'll like to customize the car. At least to change somethings to more fashionable one's( Majorly the interior).
bros e no get wetin dey dey love-vendor for inside dat car,only if u wan get dash over and seat cover
Re: Club-Lexus by toba1909(m): 10:57am On Nov 14, 2021
homeboy205:

You sure say fan Dey blow ??

Yes, both fans are blowing.
Radiator already changed to double cell, so still observing the car.
Re: Club-Lexus by KolaShangOne(m): 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2021
toba1909:
Good Morning All.

Pls is that correct?

Help a brother o

I think you should get original coolant. Drain the water.

Also test if your thermostat is okay.
Re: Club-Lexus by KolaShangOne(m): 8:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
Elboki109:

You can change it from key to Push to start.
Dashboard cover.
You can buy the skylight thing.
Re: Club-Lexus by zill(f): 6:38am On Nov 15, 2021
Lexusgs430:

5W30........

Good morning. Please do you sell or know how I can get wheel key for IS250? The one in my car was stolen at the port. Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 7:05am On Nov 15, 2021
zill:

Good morning. Please do you sell or know how I can get wheel key for IS250? The one in my car was stolen at the port. Thanks

You would have to get a wheel technician that got the tools, to knock the lock nut out ..........

Best to do it ASAP, not when in an emergency situation........
Re: Club-Lexus by zill(f): 10:11am On Nov 15, 2021
Lexusgs430:

You would have to get a wheel technician that got the tools, to knock the lock nut out ..........

Best to do it ASAP, not when in an emergency situation........

Okay, thanks so much.
Re: Club-Lexus by Cokahot: 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
Check the hose close to passengers side,it must have cut out or worn out. There must be a leaking hose.
toba1909:
Good Morning All.

Pls is that correct?

Help a brother o
Re: Club-Lexus by shegonchy(m): 2:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
I scanned the car and I have P0155. Pls how do I go about it. Thanks in anticipation
kingreign:

Your skid control or yaw rate sensor is out of sync or bad... Have the car scanned and post codes.
Re: Club-Lexus by olumzzz(m): 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2021
toba1909:
Good Morning All.

Pls is that correct?

Help a brother o
Not correct.
Vehicle wasn't overheating initially with the single cell radiator, so you should 1st sack that mechanic.
Do a leak test, check radiator cap, check thermostat, etc.
Re: Club-Lexus by Marcmyom: 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2021
Error Code on is250. LH speed sensor replaced. Problem went away for 2 hours and returned again.. please advice. VSC and Slip Indicator back on

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 4:25pm On Nov 28, 2021
Marcmyom:
Error Code on is250. LH speed sensor replaced. Problem went away for 2 hours and returned again.. please advice. VSC and Slip Indicator back on

Replace driver side front wheel speed sensor. Get brand new sensor. Most tokunbo sensors are stretched and are damaged.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by autologic: 7:20am On Nov 29, 2021
toba1909:
Good Morning All.

Pls is that correct?

Help a brother o
Don't change any part until u have gone for cooling system pressure test .

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by MrBuzy: 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2021
Good day. Please what can I do to Navigation system of RX330 2005 saying "please insert correct map disc".

Re: Club-Lexus by toba1909(m): 10:26pm On Nov 29, 2021
autologic:

Don't change any part until u have gone for cooling system pressure test .

Radiator changed already and overheating not experienced in the few trips I have made with it so far.

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by Ochiske(m): 1:07am On Dec 01, 2021
Marcmyom:

Change your front Left drive hub. Had this same issue until hub was changed.
Taking out the speed sensor alone most times destroy the part connecting it to the hub.

Inspect your speed sensor cables too

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by modupemomo: 8:59am On Dec 01, 2021
Hello Everyone, Please can anyone recommend a good Lexus Mechanic in these areas? Surulere or Yaba or its environs.
Re: Club-Lexus by autologic: 9:29am On Dec 01, 2021
toba1909:

Radiator changed already and overheating not experienced in the few trips I have made with it so far.
Nice one.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 10:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
MrBuzy:
Good day. Please what can I do to Navigation system of RX330 2005 saying "please insert correct map disc".

There's a navigation DVD disc which is needed in the navigation drive which is located in the boot right off the wheel removal tools. You need that DVD disc to stop this message.
Re: Club-Lexus by KolaShangOne(m): 10:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
The green light indicator on my AC button on my Rx 330 blinks.
Then the battery indicator shows up too.

After putting it on and off about twice, it works.

What could be the issue?
Re: Club-Lexus by AwesomeGod10(m): 7:12am On Dec 08, 2021
Hi Guys, sorry to disturb you dis early morning.
While driving yesterday, hot weather in the afternoon.
I noticed my car ac stops cooling when the car is idle and when I zoom off it starts cooling again. Its an ES330 05, what could be the cause of this, because it wasn't working this way before.

cc kingreign
cc gazuzz
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:25am On Dec 08, 2021
AwesomeGod10:
Hi Guys, sorry to disturb you dis early morning.
While driving yesterday, hot weather in the afternoon.
I noticed my car ac stops cooling when the car is idle and when I zoom off it starts cooling again. Its an ES330 05, what could be the cause of this, because it wasn't working this way before.

cc kingreign
cc gazuzz
Fan belt may be slack, AC compressor may be experiencing what is called 'low pumping' in local parlance, Fan may be slow to engage or not engaging at all.

Check these.
Re: Club-Lexus by AwesomeGod10(m): 8:24am On Dec 08, 2021
Thank you very much, I appreciate your swift response. But this morning I discovered its now chilling while on idle. Should I still go for these checks?

kingreign:

Fan belt may be slack, AC compressor may be experiencing what is called 'low pumping' in local parlance, Fan may be slow to engage or not engaging at all.

Check these.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:38am On Dec 08, 2021
AwesomeGod10:
Thank you very much, I appreciate your swift response. But this morning I discovered its now chilling while on idle. Should I still go for these checks?

Yes.
Re: Club-Lexus by AwesomeGod10(m): 9:10am On Dec 08, 2021
Thank you.

kingreign:

Yes.
Re: Club-Lexus by Raphael007(m): 6:52am On Dec 12, 2021
Good morning gurus in the house, please I want to know what could be wrong with my ES350, when I accelerate to 80mph i get this vibrations from my steering and also when I apply brakes I feel the vibration too and I just did my wheel balancing and alignment also just recently changed my brakes , I don’t know if it not done properly and I also just changed my front tires and the vehicle when I accelerate I get a feeling like it’s forcing itself to move I sense a kind of hesitation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (141) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.