Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (356626 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 10:29am On Apr 09, 2020
Fingalin:

Thanks @ Niyoni..it's actually H. Which leads me to this pictures attached...I noticed that place is greasy. It's not dropping oil yet, just greasy. I guess it's the differential. Please advise on what to do or I should ignore it. The roaring noise is still there when I drive the car. Please see attached pictures.

Your differential seal is bad. Have a competent mechanic remove and fix the seal, and then use a Toyota Hypoid gear oil API GL-5 oil. If it's noise is still persistent, replace the differential.
Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 10:31am On Apr 09, 2020
austino677:
Anyone used this dent remover before?

Yes I have. You need to use hot water to pour on the body of the car first, then put that puller suction cup on the dent ensuring no gap exist. Then pull it out, the suction force will bring out the dent.
Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 10:33am On Apr 09, 2020
Dear Lexus enthusiasts, my lovely well maintained Lexus is still up for sale. DM if interested. https://www.nairaland.com/5755222/fairly-used-lexus-rx330-2005
Re: Club-Lexus by Saxman225: 10:47am On Apr 09, 2020
Please lexus brothers, My GS 300 jerks when coming to stop or red light on traffic. kindly help with ideas?
Re: Club-Lexus by Saxman225: 10:56am On Apr 09, 2020
Please any good lexus auto mech in Abuja?. thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 11:02am On Apr 09, 2020
Saxman225:
Please any good lexus auto mech in Abuja?. thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 11:15am On Apr 09, 2020
KINGreignn:

Yes I have. You need to use hot water to pour on the body of the car first, then put that puller suction cup on the dent ensuring no gap exist. Then pull it out, the suction force will bring out the dent.
thanks, I really need one. Where can i buy it
Re: Club-Lexus by Saxman225: 11:22am On Apr 09, 2020
KINGreignn:
Shop and where in Abuja?
Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 11:25am On Apr 09, 2020
Saxman225:

Shop and where in Abuja?

Not opened for now, but in Kubwa. Call to book appointment
Re: Club-Lexus by Saxman225: 11:29am On Apr 09, 2020
Saxman225:
Please lexus brothers, My GS 300 jerks when coming to stop or red light on traffic. kindly help with ideas?
please house, any ideas on this?
Re: Club-Lexus by oluwaseunla(m): 11:40am On Apr 09, 2020
Saxman225:
please house, any ideas on this?

What is your rpm like when it jerks?
Re: Club-Lexus by Saxman225: 11:44am On Apr 09, 2020
oluwaseunla:

What is your rpm like when it jerks?
move btw 1000 and 200! back and forth
Re: Club-Lexus by oluwaseunla(m): 11:49am On Apr 09, 2020
Saxman225:

move btw 1000 and 200! back and forth

You mean between 1000 - 1200?, or 1,000 - 200?
Re: Club-Lexus by Saxman225: 11:54am On Apr 09, 2020
oluwaseunla:

You mean between 1000 - 1200?, or 1,000 - 200?
1000 down to 200 and goes back and forth like that, but when on highway its drive normally.
when braking or about to stop the car jerks and sometimes goes off and will have to restart.

thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by Saxman225: 11:57am On Apr 09, 2020
Saxman225:

1000 down to 200 and goes back and forth like that, but when on highway its drive normally.
when braking or about to stop the car jerks and sometimes goes off and will have to restart.

thanks
I mean from 1 to 0 on the RPM.
Re: Club-Lexus by Deoboss(m): 12:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
niyoni:

@Fingalin. Check the 4th character of your VIN(number) by the door of your driver side. If its G, it's front wheel drive. If it's H, it's all wheel drive.

Ok if letter H on the Vin meams all wheel drive & G means front will drive.

If the fourth character is then letter B what does this stand for?

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by oluwaseunla(m): 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
Saxman225:

thanks

Issue is likely from around your throttle body area. Locally called the injector mouth. You can start with cleaning it and see if that solves it. You may eventually end up replacing the entire throttle body if you are unlucky.

Have someone clean it first, then physically inspect. Run a scan and have all the values checked on a live data scan. Be sure the issue is from there before replacing any part.
Re: Club-Lexus by Saxman225: 1:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
oluwaseunla:

Issue is likely from around your throttle body area. Locally called the injector mouth. You can start with cleaning it and see if that solves it. You may eventually end up replacing the entire throttle body if you are unlucky.

Have someone clean it first, then physically inspect. Run a scan and have all the values checked on a live data scan. Be sure the issue is from there before replacing any part.
Thanks. Appreciate
Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 1:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
KINGreignn:

Your differential seal is bad. Have a competent mechanic remove and fix the seal, and then use a Toyota Hypoid gear oil API GL-5 oil. If it's noise is still persistent, replace the differential.

Alright thanks. Will do
Re: Club-Lexus by niyoni: 1:57pm On Apr 09, 2020
Deoboss:

Ok if letter H on the Vin meams all wheel drive & G means front will drive.

If the fourth character is then letter B what does this stand for?

Hi @Deoboss. If the fourth character on your VIN is:

B- it's an AWD.

Z- it's a FWD.

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by niyoni: 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
Fingalin:

Thanks @ Niyoni..it's actually H. Which leads me to this pictures attached...I noticed that place is greasy. It's not dropping oil yet, just greasy. I guess it's the differential. Please advise on what to do or I should ignore it. The roaring noise is still there when I drive the car. Please see attached pictures.

Hi @Fingalin. Kindly follow @KINGreignn advice. Have a COMPETENT auto mechanic diagnose the problem and proffer the right solution. The rear differential is a vital component of the AWD system. Pls do not ignore.

Regards.
Re: Club-Lexus by Deoboss(m): 2:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
niyoni:

Hi @Deoboss. If the fourth character on your VIN is:

B- it's an AWD.

Z- it's a FWD.

Thanks, mine is B
Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 9:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
niyoni:

Hi @Fingalin. Kindly follow @KINGreignn advice. Have a COMPETENT auto mechanic diagnose the problem and proffer the right solution. The rear differential is a vital component of the AWD system. Pls do not ignore.

Regards.

Alright thanks much.
Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 6:53pm On Apr 10, 2020
KINGreignn:

Please what does the Toyota Hypoid gear oil API GL-5 look like and the cost. What quantity do I need to buy for the differential because the mech suggested that I change the whole differential instead of fixing it. Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 7:38pm On Apr 10, 2020
Fingalin:

Please what does the Toyota Hypoid gear oil API GL-5 look like and the cost. What quantity do I need to buy for the differential because the mech suggested that I change the whole differential instead of fixing it. Thanks

The rear differential needs no more than 1½ litres to fill the differential till it spills.

Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 8:14am On Apr 11, 2020
KINGreignn:

The rear differential needs no more than 1½ litres to fill the differential till it spills.

Appreciate it boss

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by computerboy: 10:03am On Apr 11, 2020
KINGreignn:

The Lexus thread and club lexus on whatsapp is boring cos the cars are too reliable.
Heck, it's so reliable that we even diverged into other discussions. grin

grin

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Deoboss(m): 10:48am On Apr 11, 2020
computerboy:

grin

If it is some other un-reliable auto brands we will be at logger heads by now
Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 10:56am On Apr 11, 2020
Deoboss:

If it is some other un-reliable auto brands we will be at logger heads by now
My hand no dey where you dey carry your mouth go if them respond to attack you o grin

Just passing by with my Lexus RX330 up for sale. cool

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Deoboss(m): 10:57am On Apr 11, 2020
KINGreignn:

My hand no dey where you dey carry your mouth go if them respond to attack you o grin

Just passing by with my Lexus RX330 up for sale. cool
I no lie joor
Re: Club-Lexus by banky3w(m): 11:21am On Apr 11, 2020
KINGreignn:

It's locked. Insert your key in and turn it either counterclockwise or clockwise to unlock.
@ Fingalin,did you try this and did it work?
Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 1:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
KINGreignn:

Please need urgent assistance, I didn't see the Toyota Hypoid gear oil API GL-5 oil but I was advised to take CAM2 Synavex 75w 90. The Toyota Hypoid gear oil API GL-5 oil is 75w 85. Please can I use the CAM 2? See pictures for more information.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (141) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.