Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (355724 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
Fingalin:

Please need urgent assistance, I didn't see the Toyota Hypoid gear oil API GL-5 oil but I was advised to take CAM2 Synavex 75w 90. The Toyota Hypoid gear oil API GL-5 oil is 75w 85. Please can I use the CAM 2? See pictures for more information.

You can. Hope they have oil pump to pump it in though so as to prevent wastage?
How much is it?

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
banky3w:

@ Fingalin,did you try this and did it work?

Yea I did. Its still stuck.
Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 1:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
Fingalin:

Yea I did. Its still stuck.

Snap your key let's see. I feel your key blade was cut and not the direct factory keyblade.
Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
KINGreignn:

You can. Hope they have oil pump to pump it in though so as to prevent wastage?
How much is it?

I doubt he has pump, will ask for it. Bought it for N3500
Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 1:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
Fingalin:

I doubt he has pump, will ask for it. Bought it for N3500

It's a simple tool, it's also inexpensive.

That's the tool below.

Re: Club-Lexus by computerboy: 7:34pm On Apr 11, 2020
niyoni:

Hi @Deoboss. If the fourth character on your VIN is:

B- it's an AWD.

Z- it's a FWD.

my 4th is C but AWD

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by computerboy: 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2020
Iamsimple:
Hi everyone here, I have read many comments and I'm really inspired to join the club pretty soon. Strongly considering a GS 300 2006 edition largely because the dealer is convincing me it's one of the best cars. I will appreciate if someone can share with me a detailed and objective review of the car. Please note this will be my first car. The car I'm considering buying is a foreign used with about 120k mileage.

It's actually one of the best affordable and reliable sedans. I own one and never regretted anything about it. If you seek more power then go for the GS350, same ride but with more powerful engine. Some of the luxury it has are still being introduced to some 2015 cars. Make sure you buy one with Mark Levinson audio cos you'll regret if you don't

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by niyoni: 8:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
computerboy:

my 4th is C but AWD
Hi @ Computerboy. Those characters apply to the Lexus RX models.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
Fingalin:

Thanks @ Niyoni..it's actually H. Which leads me to this pictures attached...I noticed that place is greasy. It's not dropping oil yet, just greasy. I guess it's the differential. Please advise on what to do or I should ignore it. The roaring noise is still there when I drive the car. Please see attached pictures.

Hey folks, the roaring noise turned out to be the rear bearing afterall, differential is still working fine. Just bought new seals and installed them to stop the leak. So no leaks anymore and noise is gone, though i hear alot of road noise when I hit say 70 to 80 mph. Mech says its the tires. Or maybe it's just me expecting a dead silent ride. All the same lesson learnt.
Re: Club-Lexus by niyoni: 9:59pm On Apr 11, 2020
Fingalin:

Hey folks, the roaring noise turned out to be the rear bearing afterall, differential is still working fine. Just bought new seals and installed them to stop the leak. So no leaks anymore and noise is gone, though i hear alot of road noise when I hit say 70 to 80 mph. Mech says its the tires. Or maybe it's just me expecting a dead silent ride. All the same lesson learnt.

Good news! Enjoy your ride.
Re: Club-Lexus by Deoboss(m): 10:44pm On Apr 11, 2020
computerboy:

my 4th is C but AWD

Ok
Re: Club-Lexus by Deoboss(m): 10:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
niyoni:

Hi @ Computerboy. Those characters apply to the Lexus RX models.

Regards.
Yes of-course
Re: Club-Lexus by jaz(m): 4:56am On Apr 12, 2020
My gx460 height control doesnt lift or lower the car. What could be wrong
Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 5:51am On Apr 12, 2020
jaz:
My gx460 height control doesnt lift or lower the car. What could be wrong
Was any work done in the vehicle suspension?
Re: Club-Lexus by jaz(m): 1:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
I took a second look at the height control and found out it works. The height adjustment was very subtle which was why I didnt notice it initially
KINGreignn:

Was any work done in the vehicle suspension?

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by spartanian(m): 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2020
Please what's the average price difference between 2009 IS250 and 2009 Corolla spare parts.
Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 12:44pm On Apr 14, 2020
spartanian:
Please what's the average price difference between 2009 IS250 and 2009 Corolla spare parts.
Here we go again!

undecided
Re: Club-Lexus by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2020
spartanian:

The IS and Corolla aren't even remotely related.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by 9icetoo(m): 4:59pm On Apr 14, 2020
KINGreignn:

Here we go again!

undecided
Let me answer. grin
Bros, you are comparing agbalumo (3 for N20) to apple (1 for N50). You get the drift?

3 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by spartanian(m): 7:18pm On Apr 14, 2020
KINGreignn:

Here we go again!

undecided
Bros, I know they are not mates. I just want to get the idea of their price difference... simple.
I know IS250 engine is about around 100k while Corolla engine is more expensive.
I still expect Lexus parts to be more expensive.
Re: Club-Lexus by spartanian(m): 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2020
spartanian:
I just want to know the average price difference for some of the parts, please I know they are not mates.
Re: Club-Lexus by Iamsimple: 12:35am On Apr 16, 2020
computerboy:

It's actually one of the best affordable and reliable sedans. I own one and never regretted anything about it. If you seek more power then go for the GS350, same ride but with more powerful engine. Some of the luxury it has are still being introduced to some 2015 cars. Make sure you buy one with Mark Levinson audio cos you'll regret if you don't

Thans. You comment is very helpful and your recommendation is well noted. I'm buying the car soonest.
Re: Club-Lexus by Iamsimple: 12:35am On Apr 16, 2020
computerboy:

Thanks. You comment is very helpful and your recommendation is well noted. I'm buying the car soonest.
Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 7:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
Please guys ..is anyone experienced or knows about car paint? I want to paint my car (oven baked) but I need to know the best paint in the market to buy. Is there actually any paint in the market that will look like the manufacturer s paint after using it? Wanna know. Thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by chrizdave: 10:52pm On Apr 17, 2020
Hello house. Wonderful job out here. I'm considering getting either an Rx 330 or Rx 400h. The 400h beats the 330 in engine speed and other little areas..but my uttermost concerns about getting the 400h is the probability of the hybrid battery dying or the inverter getting bad. Please I need your personals views about which would be ideal for our naija use( all factors considered) I heard to change the hybrid battery runs into almost 1 million....
Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 6:35am On Apr 18, 2020
chrizdave:
Hello house. Wonderful job out here. I'm considering getting either an Rx 330 or Rx 400h. The 400h beats the 330 in engine speed and other little areas..but my uttermost concerns about getting the 400h is the probability of the hybrid battery dying or the inverter getting bad. Please I need your personals views about which would be ideal for our naija use( all factors considered) I heard to change the hybrid battery runs into almost 1 million....

For now, except you're close to Gazzuzz and few others, do not go near RX400h or else you may not find things easy when the hybrid inverter or battery pack goes bad. The hybrid battery packs and inverter cost some good money though.

I'd advice you stick with the normal ICE variants RX330. That said, I have a registered RX330 for sale which I used personally, if it's okay by you you can check it out.

https://www.nairaland.com/5744694/registered-2005-lexus-rx330-sale
Re: Club-Lexus by chrizdave: 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2020
KINGreignn:

For now, except you're close to Gazzuzz and few others, do not go near RX400h or else you may not find things easy when the hybrid inverter or battery pack goes bad. The hybrid battery packs and inverter cost some good money though.

I'd advice you stick with the normal ICE variants RX330. That said, I have a registered RX330 for sale which I used personally, if it's okay by you you can check it out.

https://www.nairaland.com/5744694/registered-2005-lexus-rx330-sale

I'm close to Lagos...what about a situation where either the hybrid battery or the inverter has been changed before it comes into Nigeria? I'm talking about a toks.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Deoboss(m): 1:58pm On Apr 18, 2020
chrizdave:

I'm close to Lagos...what about a situation where either the hybrid battery or the inverter has been changed before it comes into Nigeria? I'm talking about a toks.

Leave the RX400h. Buy the Toks Lexus RX330 or better still RX350 (2007-2008). Whether full option or basic. Thank me later grin

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by chrizdave: 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2020
Deoboss:

Leave the RX400h. Buy the Toks Lexus RX330 or better still RX350 (2007-2008). Whether full option or basic. Thank me later grin

Thanks I get...

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2020
chrizdave:

Generally it's advisable to avoid any hybrid car with high mileage, due to high cost of batteries and generally poor quality of replacement batteries. So if the current actual mileage of the car is over 150k chances are the battery cells re in its last days so better to get a regular engine and have some peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by naivasha: 10:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
Hello everyone. I am considering purchasing a GX 470 (2006/2007) soon. Please can anyone give me an idea of their experience with this vehicle? How reliable is it? What issues to expect or look out for? Positives? Negatives?

Also, please recommend anyone who can provide good car inspection services. Thank you very much.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nonnyman45: 12:03am On Apr 20, 2020
Pls house my es 350 2010 model is giving me small problems, the car will always jerk and will not select gear properly when ever i use it to go far place. Like from lagos to shagamu it will start jerking and it will not accelerate well, unless i off the engine and start it , it will start working well after a long distance it will start again. Pls what might be the cause. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (141) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.