Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,271 members, 7,829,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (355659 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by Iamsimple: 8:52am On Apr 26, 2020
Hi house, can anyone recommend where I can reliably be servicing my GS300 Lexus. I stay in Lagos. Thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by Adeoyem: 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2020
Jagermeister:
This is my first topic here and I very well hope to enjoy a lot of patronage... I'd like to know of and about your experience(s) with ur Lexus/Toyota models! I currently drive a Lexus ES...

Hello

Please I'd like to find out the following about a Lexus ride

Cost of a naija used GS 300 or GS 350

Availability and Affordability of parts

is 2006 GS 300 worth and 2007 IS 250 buying (niaja used)?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by eaglepraxis: 12:59pm On Apr 26, 2020
naivasha:
Hello everyone. I am considering purchasing a GX 470 (2006/2007) soon. Please can anyone give me an idea of their experience with this vehicle? How reliable is it? What issues to expect or look out for? Positives? Negatives?

Also, please recommend anyone who can provide good car inspection services. Thank you very much.

GX470 is a very reliable and sturdy vehicle to drive. Its smooth and very responsive. I have one and no problems with it.
If you're buying a naija pre-owned, then you need a honest and good professional to help with the inspection.
The parts are a bit expensive, but a good mechanic can easily swap some prado parts.
You can get one of the experts in here to help with the inspection, of course at a fee.
Re: Club-Lexus by sixoath(m): 11:31am On Apr 27, 2020
9icetoo:

Let me answer. grin
Bros, you are comparing agbalumo (3 for N20) to apple (1 for N50). You get the drift?
Savage grin grin grin
Re: Club-Lexus by Malcolmx12: 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Iamsimple:
Hi house, can anyone recommend where I can reliably be servicing my GS300 Lexus. I stay in Lagos. Thanks.
@radautoworks
https://www.nairaland.com/4501821/milex-carquest-2nd-largest-usa

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by Strictlyecoin: 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hello everyone,
My RX330 rev high while driving especially when the gear tries to engage to the next one. The vehicle rev high without increasing speed unless I let go of the pedal and press again before it engage properly.
When diagnosed it comes with speed sensor with code p0500.
I have changed the sensor but the code and issues still remain. Engine check light and vsc sign on dash board.
What i don't understand is that when ever I climb bumps or rough road the driving becomes perfect, there after if I park after that the engine check and vsc light will go off and the driving will be smooth till I hit another rough road or bump and immediately the engine check and vsc returns and driving becomes erratic with the subsequent high reving while driving.

Pls help concerning this...my oga in the house. gazzuzz
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 12:59pm On Apr 28, 2020
Strictlyecoin:
Hello everyone,
My RX330 rev high while driving especially when the gear tries to engage to the next one. The vehicle rev high without increasing speed unless I let go of the pedal and press again before it engage properly.
When diagnosed it comes with speed sensor with code p0500.
I have changed the sensor but the code and issues still remain. Engine check light and vsc sign on dash board.
What i don't understand is that when ever I climb bumps or rough road the driving becomes perfect, there after if I park after that the engine check and vsc light will go off and the driving will be smooth till I hit another rough road or bump and immediately the engine check and vsc returns and driving becomes erratic with the subsequent high reving while driving.

Pls help concerning this...my oga in the house. gazzuzz

Your car needs physical inspection and thorough diagnosis to understand what is happening to it

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Strictlyecoin: 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
kingreign:

Your car needs physical inspection and thorough diagnosis to understand what is happening to it
I'm in Ibadan at the moment. I wish to get this sorted in time
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 4:58pm On Apr 28, 2020
brownviki:
Hello! If you are not sure yet, you can rent this car and try for a few days. I live in Georgia and did the same with car rental Batumi service, you may find the same like this https://localcarhires.com/en/georgia/place/batumi/ in your city.

Fellowship Lexusians, please ignore this.
Re: Club-Lexus by chrisobi1: 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
Please I want advice... betwen camry 09 se, Lexus RX330 2006 and Lexus es350 2008..which is preferable and better in terms od general assessment ...please advice

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
chrisobi1:
Please I want advice... betwen camry 09 se, Lexus RX330 2006 and Lexus es350 2008..which is preferable and better in terms od general assessment ...please advice

RX330 from personal experience is a more rugged vehicle. The ES is more modern.

That said, I have a registered RX330 for sale, if it's okay by you, you can go thru this link

https://www.nairaland.com/5755222/fairly-used-lexus-rx330-2005
Re: Club-Lexus by austino677(m): 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2020
Oil maintenance reset

Re: Club-Lexus by naivasha: 6:33pm On Apr 29, 2020
eaglepraxis:

GX470 is a very reliable and sturdy vehicle to drive. Its smooth and very responsive. I have one and no problems with it.
If you're buying a naija pre-owned, then you need a honest and good professional to help with the inspection.
The parts are a bit expensive, but a good mechanic can easily swap some prado parts.
You can get one of the experts in here to help with the inspection, of course at a fee.

Thank you very much for the info!

I am happy to pay for the inspection from any reliable person. Anybody that can do this please let me know. Thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2020
naivasha:

Thank you very much for the info!

I am happy to pay for the inspection from any reliable person. Anybody that can do this please let me know. Thanks.
Your location and the location of the vehicle matters.
Re: Club-Lexus by naivasha: 12:21am On Apr 30, 2020
kingreign:

Your location and the location of the vehicle matters.

My apologies for not stating this before. I am in Lagos and will be looking at options within the area. Thanks a lot for your advice and support.
Re: Club-Lexus by anyibig: 1:07am On May 03, 2020
Hi guys, please I really need your advice. I have the option of Nigerian used lexus rx330 2005 or hyundai sonata 2013 from USA. Please which do you think is more reliable and durable?? I really don't want a car that will give me headache in near future. Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 1:29am On May 03, 2020
anyibig:
Hi guys, please I really need your advice. I have the option of Nigerian used lexus rx330 2005 or hyundai sonata 2013 from USA. Please which do you think is more reliable and durable?? I really don't want a car that will give me headache in near future. Thanks
A Lexus RX330 is more reliable and more durable.
I have one for sale. If you're interested, do let me know https://www.nairaland.com/5755222/fairly-used-lexus-rx330-2005
Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 4:09pm On May 03, 2020
chrisobi1:

"General assessment" sounds a bit plenty. Because they are all good cars actually and will last forever if well maintained. So it really depends on what you want and how much you are willing to spend. The RX 330 is an amazing SUV loaded with a decent amount of luxury, but it's a bit dated, not very sporty with handling. It has more ground clearance and gives a bit of safety when driving in rough terrain. The ES350 08 has a powerful engine, more modern, has plenty of toys. It's a very classy vehicle. The Camry 09 SE looks great and sporty but it's a Camry and will always deliver. In terms of cost of vehicle and maintenance I think an 09 Camry SE will be slightly cheaper than the rest. There are plentiful things to consider but this is just my personal analysis.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Club-Lexus by Jagermeister(m): 9:38pm On May 19, 2020
Adeoyem:

Hello

Please I'd like to find out the following about a Lexus ride

Cost of a naija used GS 300 or GS 350

Availability and Affordability of parts

is 2006 GS 300 worth and 2007 IS 250 buying (niaja used)?

Thanks

You couldn't possibly go wrong with a Lexus.

Parts are certainly pricey (than a Toyota, that is).. U'll be paying premium for the extra luxury...

Prices differ with grade (and mileage).

Parts are very available... everyone drives a Lexus these days!

Most Lexus brands are indestructible mechanically, but if you buy a Nigerian used one that's being abused electronically, u're on your own! Cheers.
Re: Club-Lexus by Ayobami0899: 12:44pm On May 20, 2020
Please add me to the Lexus WhatsApp group
Re: Club-Lexus by donshegzy: 11:15am On May 22, 2020
Hello house.

Please, can anyone recommend a good and affordable car scanner for RX330.

Thank you.
Re: Club-Lexus by chrisobi1: 5:32pm On May 26, 2020
Thank u very much, ur advice is quite helpful and I sincerly appreciate ...

"General assessment" sounds a bit plenty. Because they are all good cars actually and will last forever if well maintained. So it really depends on what you want and how much you are willing to spend. The RX 330 is an amazing SUV loaded with a decent amount of luxury, but it's a bit dated, not very sporty with handling. It has more ground clearance and gives a bit of safety when driving in rough terrain. The ES350 08 has a powerful engine, more modern, has plenty of toys. It's a very classy vehicle. The Camry 09 SE looks great and sporty but it's a Camry and will always deliver. In terms of cost of vehicle and maintenance I think an 09 Camry SE will be slightly cheaper than the rest. There are plentiful things to consider but this is just my personal analysis. [/quote]
Re: Club-Lexus by BarrSly: 9:56am On May 30, 2020
Hi guys, I intend getting the 2007/2008 Is 250 is there any issues I should be looking out for? Can I get Decent Fuel mileage (it’s a v6 so I am not expecting good but decent fuel save) .

Is there a better year that’s advisable to get between the 2006-2008?
Re: Club-Lexus by bmarketing: 10:00pm On May 30, 2020
Please house, I'm looking to get a Lexus es 03 or camry 06. Which one do you think its best overall in terms of luxury, fuel, handling. Coming from an Honda baby boy. Thanks bosses

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Conductor261: 10:02pm On May 30, 2020
bmarketing:
Please house, I'm looking to get a Lexus es 03 or camry 06. Which one do you think its best overall in terms of luxury, fuel, handling. Coming from an Honda baby boy. Thanks bosses

Why not Honda evil spirit or anaconda? Which beats both of them combined together in interiors luxury and looks!

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Conductor261: 10:04pm On May 30, 2020
anyibig:
Sonata...direct toks. Beautiful car.

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by Conductor261: 10:04pm On May 30, 2020
donshegzy:
Hello house.

Please, can anyone recommend a good and affordable car scanner for RX330.

Thank you.
Launch CRP.
Re: Club-Lexus by Conductor261: 10:06pm On May 30, 2020
Iamsimple:

With gazzuzz Haruna bus stop ..... check his profile or radautoworks lekki besides 2nd toll plaza.
Re: Club-Lexus by bmarketing: 10:29pm On May 30, 2020
Conductor261:

Why not Honda evil spirit or anaconda? Which beats both of them combined together in interiors luxury and looks!

Interesting... The evil spirit is great too. I don't know maybe I just want to try other brands hence the switch.
Re: Club-Lexus by Conductor261: 10:31pm On May 30, 2020
bmarketing:

Interesting... The evil spirit is great too. I don't know maybe I just want to try other brands hence the switch.

Your choice. But remember that you already have enough knowledge of the brand. Mechs and part dealers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (141) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.