Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,699 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (354485 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by Leorichy: 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
Me4bas:

How much?

2008 ES350

3.8m

Tin can cleared.

Buy and drive condition.

Richy Autos!

*Edited

1 Share

Re: Club-Lexus by Leorichy: 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2020
We have Lexus RX 330, 350, ES330, 350 at Richy Autos.

Re: Club-Lexus by chukel(m): 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2020
FiddyEn:
Hello guys.. So I noticed the ac of my 2010 es350 wasn't chilling as it used to and went to an ac repairer and it was established that there was leakage. I asked him to fix. He used an electronic sniffer across my components and concluded my condenser was the culprit. I asked him to change it. He did and recharged the system. Everything seemed normal again until after about 3 weeks when I noticed a drop again in the chill level. I took to him. He changed the expansion valve and recharged again. For a few hours it seemed ok. When the sun was high, it dropped. Zero chill. But if I switch off the ac for a few seconds and switch back on, it would chill for like five minutes and then drop again. I took it back to him immediately. He then hit me news that I've been finding difficulty grasping: bro your compressor no good, we suppose change am! Please guys could this be possible? A car barely 2 yrs, never had issues and then this. Also if true, pls what's the cost of a replacement compressor?
Cc kingreign, GAZZUZZ, Lexusgs430

go and vacuum that system and say thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by chukel(m): 7:50pm On Jul 10, 2020
FiddyEn:

Thanks bros. I just got back from evacuating all the gas and then freshly recharge. It was chill for say 30mins before it started blowing normal air again
there is air in that system.
Re: Club-Lexus by BarrSly: 1:35am On Jul 11, 2020
First of all did you buy the car Toks or used
Samtobh:

The constant disappearance of the coolant is a pointer the engine or components had a major issue.

I Refill the coolant container every 2 days

The only day I forgot to top up the coolant (was the day the issue started.

New Radiator cap now, new radiator, fans run directly now...I pray if should fix it all.
Re: Club-Lexus by Samtobh(m): 7:35am On Jul 11, 2020
BarrSly:
First of all did you buy the car Toks or used

Clean toks , won't ever do naija used angry

Ran vin ,98k miles original, complete details of service history

2019 Michelin tires

Super neat interior

From VIN check, it had a front collision, so bumper was replaced plus headlamps.

Fan now direct and no overheating for 3 days now

I am taking it back to the workshop so they return it to factory settings and then find what exactly the issue might be. I am guessing a weak thermostat or coolant temperature switch sensor. A device that's suppose to trigger the fan to roll and cool the engine is not doing its work properly.

After changing the radiator and radiator cap,It's until the temp almost reaches the red line on the dash gauge before the fan blows and the temp reduces back to the middle point, then same cycle again and again. When this happens, the coolant container overflows and is boiling.

Now that the fans are direct, temp is stabilized and no overheating

Next steps
1. Undo direct connection of fan
2. Change thermostat
3. Replace fan switch
4. Replace coolant temperature sensor

This should fix the issue once and for all.

What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by FiddyEn: 11:42am On Jul 11, 2020
chukel:
go and vacuum that system and say thanks.
Thanks boss
Re: Club-Lexus by josephsm823(m): 8:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
can a person with 200k monthly salary maintain a Lexus es350 2009?
advise voluntarily needed.
Re: Club-Lexus by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:46pm On Jul 14, 2020
josephsm823:
can a person with 200k monthly salary maintain a Lexus es350 2009?

advise voluntarily needed.

Yes, assuming it's a single person.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by josephsm823(m): 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

OK.. thanks

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by toba1909(m): 10:28pm On Jul 17, 2020
Good Evening House.
I noticed that my 2007 ES350 front tyres shakes immediately I move the car, it stabilises after a while. I checked with my mechanic who confirmed and I saw that the shaft rubber on the left side is torn and few grease left, he changed the rubber and out grease; but told me if same persist it means my shaft is bent. The problem persists after that. Pls has anyone experienced this before?
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 11:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
toba1909:
Good Evening House.
I noticed that my 2007 ES350 front tyres shakes immediately I move the car, it stabilises after a while. I checked with my mechanic who confirmed and I saw that the shaft rubber on the left side is torn and few grease left, he changed the rubber and out grease; but told me if same persist it means my shaft is bent. The problem persists after that. Pls has anyone experienced this before?

When you drive at highway speed, do you feel any vibrations upon acceleration or deceleration?........

Possible play in joints....... Get vehicle ramped and check for play.........
Re: Club-Lexus by toba1909(m): 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2020
Lexusgs430:

When you drive at highway speed, do you feel any vibrations upon acceleration or deceleration?........

Possible play in joints....... Get vehicle ramped and check for play.........

I only feel vibration when I accelerate, and it is immediately I move the car, cos it stops when in motion.

The mechanic is talking of bent shaft or something.
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
toba1909:

I only feel vibration when I accelerate, and it is immediately I move the car, cos it stops when in motion.

The mechanic is talking of bent shaft or something.

Did you do a vin check on vehicle?.....
Re: Club-Lexus by toba1909(m): 10:51pm On Jul 18, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Did you do a vin check on vehicle?.....

Yeah, at the time I bought it in May 2019.
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 11:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
toba1909:

Yeah, at the time I bought it in May 2019.

No historic damage noted on this present faulty side?......
Re: Club-Lexus by toba1909(m): 1:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
Lexusgs430:

No historic damage noted on this present faulty side?......

Not at all!
Car just started this last week Friday.
Re: Club-Lexus by asamwababy: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
Samtobh:

Clean toks , won't ever do naija used angry

Ran vin ,98k miles original, complete details of service history

2019 Michelin tires

Super neat interior

From VIN check, it had a front collision, so bumper was replaced plus headlamps.

Fan now direct and no overheating for 3 days now

I am taking it back to the workshop so they return it to factory settings and then find what exactly the issue might be. I am guessing a weak thermostat or coolant temperature switch sensor. A device that's suppose to trigger the fan to roll and cool the engine is not doing its work properly.

After changing the radiator and radiator cap,It's until the temp almost reaches the red line on the dash gauge before the fan blows and the temp reduces back to the middle point, then same cycle again and again. When this happens, the coolant container overflows and is boiling.

Now that the fans are direct, temp is stabilized and no overheating

Next steps
1. Undo direct connection of fan
2. Change thermostat
3. Replace fan switch
4. Replace coolant temperature sensor

This should fix the issue once and for all.

What do you think?

No offence sir.

You fail to realise that some naija used re better than toks.

You clearly bought a faulty vehicle simple.

As you mentioned water rushing behind your dash,your gasket made up of two layers has separated and allowed water into your engine block.

If you like change everything and leave the gasket you re just buying time for the katakata that will eventually happen.

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by oride: 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
asamwababy:

No offence sir.

You fail to realise that some naija used re better than toks.

You clearly bought a faulty vehicle simple.

As you mentioned water rushing behind your dash,your gasket made up of two layers has separated and allowed water into your engine block.

If you like change everything and leave the gasket you re just buying time for the katakata that will eventually happen.

I mentioned earlier that the gaskets be replaced but....
Re: Club-Lexus by Joeeasy(m): 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Wow... and someone is making me scared of getting the ES330 on nairaland(They said it's not for chewing gum boys grin)
Damn shocked shocked
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 5:01am On Jul 20, 2020
toba1909:

Not at all!
Car just started this last week Friday.

Check for play on wheel, take wheel off and physically inspect all components........

You could have entered a pothole or series of potholes, and over time weakened components.......
Re: Club-Lexus by abrahym(m): 9:29am On Jul 20, 2020
Does 2005/2006 rx 330 keyless start?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 9:59am On Jul 20, 2020
abrahym:
Does 2005/2006 rx 330 keyless start?

No
Re: Club-Lexus by sadewodu(m): 11:26am On Jul 21, 2020
Good day people.

I just bought an ES330 Toks less than 3weeks ago. When i got possession i realized the engine light was on and decided to go for a scan, the scan displayed a "catalyst error code, bank one and bank two (if my memory serves me right) ", i was told by my mechanic that all the catalyst as been removed and the result would be higher fuel consumption.

This is my first car, I dont have any funds to replace the catalyst as nah my home and abroad savings i take buy the car lol, also i am scared of high fuel consumption (street is not smiling).

Who has experienced such and what can you advise i do?
Thank you as you respond.
Re: Club-Lexus by josephsm823(m): 12:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
Lexus RX 330 2005 model. I need help with using Bluetooth or mp3 on it.
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 6:13pm On Jul 21, 2020
josephsm823:
Lexus RX 330 2005 model. I need help with using Bluetooth or mp3 on it.

Buy a parrot kit.........
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
sadewodu:
Good day people.

I just bought an ES330 Toks less than 3weeks ago. When i got possession i realized the engine light was on and decided to go for a scan, the scan displayed a "catalyst error code, bank one and bank two (if my memory serves me right) ", i was told by my mechanic that all the catalyst as been removed and the result would be higher fuel consumption.

This is my first car, I dont have any funds to replace the catalyst as nah my home and abroad savings i take buy the car lol, also i am scared of high fuel consumption (street is not smiling).

Have you ramped car to check the cat?

Kúkú just park the car, till such a time when funds are available to replace cat.......

If you had done a scan prior to payments, you would have made a better informed decision.......

Hope you did a vin check?.....

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by adewex(m): 8:03pm On Jul 21, 2020
I need android screen for Lexus ES350 2008. can anyone help with contacts to call for sales and installation in Lagos.

Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by theoilguy: 6:53am On Jul 22, 2020
USA Mobil and Castrol extended performance motor oils in stock..

Limited quantities available!
Re: Club-Lexus by apach4ever(m): 9:04am On Jul 22, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Have you ramped car to check the cat?

Kúkú just park the car, till such a time when funds are available to replace cat.......

If you had done a scan prior to payments, you would have made a better informed decision.......

Hope you did a vin check?.....

Hi, I have the same issue on my 2010 IS250 and get an average MPG reading of 21.7 mostly city driving. I’ve driven it like that with no adverse i.e excessive fuel consumption (apart from the environmental damage obviously) so I was wondering why you recommend parking the car till new catalytic converters can be installed? Kindly enlighten me please.
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 9:06am On Jul 22, 2020
apach4ever:

Hi, I have the same issue on my 2010 IS250 and get an average MPG reading of 21.7 mostly city driving. I’ve driven it like that with no adverse i.e excessive fuel consumption (apart from the environmental damage obviously) so I was wondering why you recommend parking the car till new catalytic converters can be installed? Kindly enlighten me please.

OP was complaining about excessive fuel consumption....... Hence my advice......

Don't feel guilty about the environment, loads of generators too, killing us slowly......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by ksmart027(m): 9:57am On Jul 22, 2020
sadewodu:
Good day people.

install spacer in your 02 sensor and you are good to go.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.