Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,003 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Youths Plan Protest Against Mark - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Plan Protest Against Mark (14920 Views)

ABU Zaria On Lock Down As Shiite Muslims Plan Protest During Jumaat Prayers / Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift / Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by omonla555: 1:33pm On Oct 26, 2013
Othe tribes aside YORUBA are too mumu, see something in Idoma, the like of LAWAN in Hausa, Idoma Egba in Delta, Nzeribe and so forth.

Name any one in YORUBA Land?
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by pjosh1(m): 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
omonla555: Othe tribes aside YORUBA are too mumu, see something in Idoma, the like of LAWAN in Hausa, Idoma Egba in Delta, Nzeribe and so forth.

Name any one in YORUBA Land?
What do u plan to achieve from what you have just said. I sometimes wish Nigerian like you don't exist. One thing you don't seem to realize is that whether you are yoruba, tiv, idoma,hausa, igbo you are still a NIGERIAN,so if you are insulting a particular tribe you are equally insulting yourself. It's people like you who keeps blaming the government for the problems Nigeria is facing,yet you still practice tribalism. Is there any developed country where they still practice tribalism? Grow up

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by LivingSoul34: 2:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
senator2k9: This is indeed a big fat lie, we the idoma youths are strongly behind david mark ! This is the work of his opponents frm the other side of idoma (names witheld) . Even though Dmark has nt affected me directly, I stil appreciate what he has done for my other idoma brothers from the inside! Long live okpokpowulu !!!

You are the one that lying here... With all his money, David Mark cannot win election in Idoma Land in a free and fair election... The category of Idoma youths that are into thuggery and sycophancy may be strongly behind D. Mark but certainly not the ones that are looking for quality education, good road, improve health delivery system, equality before the law etc... It is true that the average Idoma man may appreciate the fact that his brother is occupying the no 3 seat in the country (which is just sentimental) but talking about Idoma strongly supporting D. Mark on any other ground is not true... And in case you not know many of the youths don't care whether somebody is a senate president or not, all the need is somebody that can deliver the devidents of democracy to the over 1 million people who have no voice in their own state and also very unlucky to have one of the most greedy and selfish creatures of our time representing them in the senate.

4 Likes

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by brighter: 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
Can't believe this news, so people exist in that place even youths? I thought it's only Mark family that made up Idoma tribe

1 Like

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
jamace: I feel the pain of Idoma youths. I travelled from Enugu to Makurdi by road in August 2013, my God, the federal road between Otukpa and Oturkpo has cut into two at Ugbokolo town. The diversion through Ugbokolo town had ditches that swallowed my car. In fact, it came to a point that I was frustrated and had to ask myself why I even made the journey. The road was terrible. Why is the road between Otukpa and Oturkpo not repaired for a long while now? and I learnt the contract was awarded to -----

Very true.. You will hate that road more when driving during/after heavy rainfall..... but eke - otukpo road is looking good now. I pray they fix the otukpa-otukpo soonest.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Swaburu: 4:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
Na wawoo! 4 nija leader. Is them and their family members want to cont. Rulling. Mark u can go since u can't fit to fulfil d promise to people. IDOMA VOTE 4 APC TO SEE CHANGES.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by linpok: 4:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
senator2k9: This is indeed a big fat lie, we the idoma youths are strongly behind david mark ! This is the work of his opponents frm the other side of idoma (names witheld) . Even though Dmark has nt affected me directly, I stil appreciate what he has done for my other idoma brothers from the inside! Long live okpokpowulu !!!

[size=20pt]wat is this one saying...am sure u r probably high on something trust me.

PROUDLY REPIN *APA-AGILA* IN ADO LOCAL GOVERNMENTwinkgrin[/size]
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Jeffy1206(m): 7:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
israel007: If he's there and doesn't bring positive change, people can overlook it. But his f0olish brothers and the rest of his thugs keep going around and forcefully collecting people's properties and killing them. That man lost my respect the day he over people"s land in asa, shot 3 persons there and three them behind bars in gboko. Including 6 year old and 9 year old. In prison. Who does that!

Those of u saying he'll give money and he'd seal their mouths; haha you are joking. He won't part with one kobo.

And the guy who said he can't make his son a law maker, I'd say u don't know idoma people. Once they eat meat they're ok. Same thing david told them

Efulefu
this will never happen to an Igede man...you chop witnch? Anyways is so unfortunate that we are not the majority in zone c otherwise... angry sad
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Soloter(m): 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2013
its disheartening for people to be this ungrateful. these are people who are virtual majority in a state where they have only 9 lgs out of 23 courtesy of the man they are presently criticising. David Mark has placed these people in various ministries and parastatals of the fg. what else do they want?
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by terenzo: 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2013
Suswam promises to hand over government to the idomas in 2015.
Government gabriel suswam has promised to hand over the benue no 1 seat to the idoma speaking tribe in zone C. This was uncovered in a deal that was signed between the governor and the idomas during the 2011 gubernatorial election in benue. The idomas who played their part during the 2011 election are now demanding the governor to fulfil his own part of the agreement by planting an idoma man as governor before leaving office in 2015. It will be recalled that suswam won all the 8 local government of zone c which gave him victory in the election. It will also be recalled that since the creation of benue and democracy, the state has never had a non TIV governor.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by ebucha: 8:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
Soloter: its disheartening for people to be this ungrateful. these are people who are virtual majority in a state where they have only 9 lgs out of 23 courtesy of the man they are presently criticising. David Mark has placed these people in various ministries and parastatals of the fg. what else do they want?
sorry for you.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by nwauwa(m): 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
I thought they love him undecided
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Socratez20(m): 10:57pm On Oct 26, 2013
Solota or whatever you call your name pls check your history books or ask your elders questions b4 rushing into conclusion.
D. Mark is the worst nightmare plaging the Idoma nation, truth is a bitter pill but let it be told, I am not oblivious of the fact that Nigeria is under developed but otukpo(with its popularity) and idoma land in general deserves more than what we see in the present, not forgetting that idoma has occupied virtually all leadership position in this country except the office of the President and his vice...nevertheless in general Nigeria needs better leaders.
#R4C!#
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by viviane: 11:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
I cannot categorically tell you this, and my Oga at the top will come and say another thing..... But all will be made known by him.

Its quite pathetic how people reason... David Mark is not a Military Head of States that would stand up and give a state to the Idomas... Off course i don't blame David Mark, i only pity those who believed that Mark had all the power to just "decree a thing and it would just come to pass" in the first place... I for one have never been a fan of D. Mark (though i appreciate his maturity in leading the upper chamber of the National Assembly)... From day one i didn't see Mark as the kind of leader that would represent the interest of the Idomas well. He may be good in leading the national Assembly and making some input in national issues may be because of his experience as a military governor, minister, member of armed force ruling council etc but certainly not a grass-root politician hence Idoma should not expect much from him...But on a second thought you cannot blame Idoma youths because they didn't vote Mark into power... All the time that Mark contested against Usman Abubakar (AKA Young Alhaji) he didn't win any of the elections but INEC kept on announcing him as the winner a situation that left Idoma youth helpless...OBJ, INEC, Nigerian judiciary should be blamed for all that because D. Mark rode on their backs to senate and not on the backs of majority of Idoma people, especially the youth. As for Mark making his Son (Tunde or whatever they call his name) a senator is the joke of the century because it cannot happen.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by concacid: 3:12am On Oct 27, 2013
OTONDO.

1 Like

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by tallmann: 6:20am On Oct 27, 2013
David Mark is a failure by birth. He once said handset is not for d poor. If Idoma pple knw wot is gud for dem dey shld send him packing com 2015.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by IdomaLikita: 6:58am On Oct 27, 2013
When Upright Men Seal Their Lips, Evil Prevails in the Land!
David Mark is a Nemesis plaguing Idomaland for their inability to Organize themselves Politically!
Ranging from the Idoma Professor to the Local Farmer in the Village, We all have one thing in Common-Inability to Organize Ourselves!
-Few Idoma Towns have viable TRADE UNIONS, VIGILANTES,YOUTH BODIES,TOWN UNION etc that Serve to Organize People at the Basic Level..
Our Diaspora Meetings are Worse!!! Drink! Drink and Drink!!! That's All!!!
And the Good Old Military Man has Exploited this Weakness and will continue to do so until my people wake up!
My People going about this Rally are Probably Aware that there are Processes Enshrined in the Constitution detailing the RECALL OF A SENATOR! But instead of doing that, they prefer to Organize Stupid Rallies that would fetch them nothing but Teargas,Bullets and more Hatred from David!
Arthur Nzeribe once Declared that Orlu Senatorial Zone was His till Death! He was Recalled by his people a Year Later!
I wouldn't blame the Poor Folks in the Village because they lack the Political Awareness to effect Changes. However Idoma Elites MUST be ashamed of themselves for being content with Few Federal Govt appointments bestowed upon them by Sen Mark to win their Consciences!

Apa State is as much a Mirage as Adada, Orashi, Lagoon, etc! It would Not Materialize anytime soon! But my deluded tribesmen hold on to it even at their Peril!
An Idoma man becoming a Gov in a State where 2/3 of d Indigenes are Tivs Is yet another Laughable Hallucination! Politics is a Game of Numbers, and so long as Democracy persists, so shall the Status Quo remain!

I have always advocated for Idoma people to tow the lines of their Southerly Neighbours whom have been denied the Presidency for Decades yet dominate every sphere of the country's daily existence..Leave the Political Landscape for the Tivs and Develop an Long-Term Agressive Economic Plan focusing on Industralization,Trade and Education! "Whoever Has the Gold Makes The Rules"!!!
I have submitted Proposals to as many Idoma Top politicians as I know yet non seems to be bothered their present situation!
Hence, I have decided to limit my Visions and Goals to my Immediate Community where our Elders have opened their Eyes and We have started implementing some Realistic Projects!!!
Truth is Bitter But It must be Told! 90% Idoma Elites are Not Serious!

4 Likes

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Kelechi5(m): 8:19am On Oct 27, 2013
israel007: If he's there and doesn't bring positive change, people can overlook it. But his f0olish brothers and the rest of his thugs keep going around and forcefully collecting people's properties and killing them. That man lost my respect the day he over people"s land in asa, shot 3 persons there and three them behind bars in gboko. Including 6 year old and 9 year old. In prison. Who does that!

Those of u saying he'll give money and he'd seal their mouths; haha you are joking. He won't part with one kobo.

And the guy who said he can't make his son a law maker, I'd say u don't know idoma people. Once they eat meat they're ok. Same thing david told them

Efulefu
Lol, so meat is enoui to capture your mind (Idomas) Abole.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Raddie(m): 9:59am On Oct 27, 2013
charitybabe: PDP ?? WE ARE TIRED OF PDP. WE NEED ANOTHER PARTY BIKO
Which of the parties do you have in mind, less one gets registered today - same peeps, same story!
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by linpok: 2:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
Vote me for governor come 2015 and Benue(Idoma land) go change for the better forever.gringrinwink
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Joshcoli(m): 7:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
Thank you ma people

1 Like

Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by SenatorJames(m): 10:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
The Senatorial district of David Mark in Benue state is so bad. The road around Ogbadigbo, Ugbokolo Otukpa, Otukpo Wanunne, Guma are full of red sand and dust. No infrastruture, no development. If not for Dangote Cement plant helping the residents overthere. The Lord will help you as you fight for your right.

But why are Idoma Youths creating unneccesary awareness before staging just a protest? Hope the 2 months (Oct-Dec) is not to create room for monetary negotiation.

I'm waiting for when the Igala youth will also wake up from their sleeping and demand for their right. They keep on voting on ethnic bases everytime. What can they show for their donkey years of leadership? Apart from Lokoja (capital), go from Idah (Igala headquarters) to Dekina, Anyingba, Igalamela-odolu, Ajaokuta, Ibaji, Ofu, Olamaboro, Adaka, Omala.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by itodoho(m): 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2013
Oyi Idoma....Abaole? I was among the july 2012 Batch B corpers ...I passed out june 2013.... While I was there, I discovered one thing, Idoma people are not really United... If you guys really want things to workout well, you guys have to come together....
yeah in a way you're right. however, i dont think the strings holding us apart are that strong to begin with. its just that politics in the region has for long been dominated by a select group of semi-illiterates and very few intellectuals. the average Idoma intellectual is remotely un-intrested in politics and i think untill this group of persons begin to get actively involved, things will remain as they are. where did you serve(PPA)? i think i might know you.
Re: Youths Plan Protest Against Mark by Akande2012: 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
This is not until when you are shooting that you are tired of PDP, they know that there time has already expired. May be in two century to this time PDP can still come on board. There will be absolute changes in the next election.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Demonstration In Kakuri Part Of Kaduna Over Alleged Postponement Of Elections / We Are Yet To Confirm Anambra’s Oil Producing Status – Deputy Gov / 2023: We May Reach Consensus Soon — Osinbajo Tells Osun Delegates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.