Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,391 members, 7,954,569 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:44 PM

Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? (14719 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Girl From A Broken Home? / Valentine Special For A Broken Hearted Female Romancelander. / How Does Height Affect Your Dating Decision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by notica(m): 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2008
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Speechless!!!
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 9:18pm On Aug 02, 2008

What?

Is ur home broken?

is that why you are preying on an innocent?
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by notica(m): 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2008
of course not!nothing of that such.AND FOR THE RECORD, I'm IN LOVE NOT. . . . .DOING THAT KIND OF BAD THING.I AM A MAN OF INTEGRITY.Pls
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 9:23pm On Aug 02, 2008
In love

You better go and buying something to wash your eyes undecided
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by notica(m): 9:31pm On Aug 02, 2008
, with whatacid??
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 9:37pm On Aug 02, 2008
preferably
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by notica(m): 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2008
Ahh.i'm sorry that you are offended but dont you you think that you are taking it more personal? undecided
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by ufemia(f): 8:08am On Aug 03, 2008
Some people's narrow mindedness just baffles me sometimes. Why in the world should people from broken homes or however u want to define the situation be judged, labeled and stereotyped for a situation that was so out of their control. I guess Michelle Obama should have overlooked Obama because of his family background right!!!. Those who are so quick to provide any negative statistic about the future of children from broken homes should also take the time to find the positive statistics on the other side of coin.
I have friends who have seriously been through situations that kids blessed to have been spoiled by mom and dad like myself could never comprehend but have made the best out their experience. I noticed that most of my male friends with character and responsibility had grown up with either one of their parent missing from their lives. I am so lucky that my friendship cycle is very expansive enough that I could meet people from genuine backgrounds which has helped me not to be as narrow minded. I don't care how f-upped one's family is so long as their head is right. The actions of one's family should not be the sole factor Angry by which we seek to define one's personality or their ability to be successful in one sector or the other in life.
Soon some of u NARROW MINDED, TUNNEL VISION, people will say poor kids will always or most likely to be poor, children with uneducated parents are most likely to fail should they decide to seek education and other stupid and ridiculous generalizations.

I vehemently want to make it clear that, one's situation can either make or break them down. At the end of the day there are positives and negatives underlining circumstances that go into shaping different people's level of success in an area such as marriage. Some rascals that come from two parent homes will live u dumbfounded. It takes two to make a relationship work so I do not understand why the blame for a failed marriage ought be carried by a particular group just because their parents could did not work.

Some of us have been handed our lemonade for the most part of lives, served quite chill and ready to gulp that we we take for granted the ability of others who have to squeeze hard lemons to reach the same end.

To each his own, but I find it ridiculous to undermine one particular group of people because of an A,B, and C situation totally beyond their control. Family back ground or not, if u chose to get into a relationship with someone, be man or woman enough to handle your own part of the deal or don't get into it in the first place, period!! angry
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by does(f): 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2008
Am enjoying this site, pls teach me more.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2008
What happened to you?
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by topup: 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2008
Only if the person lets their past affect their future. There are so many trials in life if we let them get in the way will control us.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by begood1: 9:05am On Aug 07, 2008
when one comes from a broken home, he or she becomes cautious of what happened in the past and then decide how the present one goes.
So its left for the person to decide what will be good for him or her.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by funmeme(f): 10:01am On Aug 07, 2008
everything depends on you as a person!

you either learn from people's mistake or live on it.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by t12(m): 10:02pm On Aug 07, 2008
Actually it doesn't, but it helps face challenges as well as turn the folks mistakes and ignorance into a weapon for a better tomorrow, but to me its not an avenue for self destruct and excuses of doing the right things with the right state of mind shocked.[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by origina9ja(f): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2008
undecided

kinda think it a choice
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by OpeLovely(f): 3:31pm On Aug 08, 2008
People who come from broken homes go through emotional/psychological turmoil and usually, it affects their relationships with people generally. They have a lot of anger, resentment, bitterness, e.t.c. Even people who do not come from broken homes could experience something that could be a turning point in their lives either positively or negatively.

You are the one that should determine not to be a statistic and be a better person. Something good can still come out of you.

You shouldn't let your past rule you.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2008
Know your past, but dont let it rule YOU smiley
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by vemon: 12:05pm On Aug 09, 2008
one problem i've come to realise concerning broken homes is that, most times this pictures sticks into your head, and people even start thinking that its a normal way to live, that once you are tired,just throw in the towel and walk away.

dreamworks4real@yahoo.com
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by syren: 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2008
vemon:

one problem i've come to realise concerning broken homes is that, most times this pictures sticks into your head, and people even start thinking that its a normal way to live, that once you are tired,just throw in the towel and walk away.

I think it can be the other way round, they've seen what it's like as a child and don't want their children to experience the same so it's not easy to just give up like that.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 10:23am On Aug 11, 2008
And walk away to more wahala. embarassed
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by strexfree(m): 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2008
my guy, i really understand you. not that i see anything negative about it, is just i couldn't imaging the monthly airtime they say there are going to be giving out for free, to all registered number. sincerely speaking i think is a welcome developement to our country. And i love it. soo, tomp's up brother.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 4:50pm On Sep 29, 2008
chei

From whence

Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by JJYOU: 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2009
if there is a spiritual problem some where along the line it will definately affect.   most broken homes are not ordinary
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 04, 2009
ufemia, you could not have explained it any better.
Its all generalisations, a broken home does not necessarily equal a broken marriage.
What would you then say is the cause for broken marriages when both partners do not come from broken homes?
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by ReDL3m0n: 5:10am On Dec 07, 2009
I am the one come form broken home.
Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? The answer is yes,it will.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by C2H5OH(f): 9:06am On Dec 07, 2009
OpeLovely:

People who come from broken homes go through emotional/psychological turmoil and usually, it affects their relationships with people generally. They have a lot of anger, resentment, bitterness, e.t.c. Even people who do not come from broken homes could experience something that could be a turning point in their lives either positively or negatively.

You are the one that should determine not to be a statistic and be a better person. Something good can still come out of you.

You shouldn't let your past rule you.

I like this.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by tayotoyin(f): 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2011
Broken homes,most times,affect future relationships. There are some exceptional cases though where individuals aren't affected by such situations. I know of a guy that has made up his mind not to get married cos of what he experienced when his parents got divorced. He's a graduate now,but the experience he had 11 years ago stuck to him like glue.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Sagamite(m): 10:11am On Jun 16, 2011
tayotoyin:

Broken homes,most times,affect future relationships. There are some exceptional cases though where individuals aren't affected by such situations. I know of a guy that has made up his mind not to get married cos of what he experienced when his parents got divorced. He's a graduate now,but the experience he had 11 years ago stuck to him like glue.

True!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: The Coward's Guide To Getting A GF / Ladies, Camel-toe Is A Beautiful Thing, Flaunt It. / See The Small Boy You Are Now Dating Fans Attack Ini Edo After Sharing A Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.