Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? (14544 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Girl From A Broken Home? / Valentine Special For A Broken Hearted Female Romancelander. / How Does Height Affect Your Dating Decision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Kashogi23: 5:26am On Jul 22, 2008
Hi Guys,
Generally, it is very easy to say that coming froma broken home could affect the psyche of the individual, but then i also believe that it is our duty to "re-educate" them and show them approach to live can be different.Having said that, it can be very trying being in close relationships with them, but the ones who are willing to change or give a go at live must be given a chance.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by albridge(m): 11:05am On Jul 22, 2008
By default? yes! but since your asking this question on this forum it means that you have been thinking. when smart people think they go out and look for answers. when they get answers they get solutions and stay out of trouble. my point is that by being aware of the potentially destructive effects of broken home and taking steps to ensure that you are not left vulnerable to these effects (by making up your mind to have a healthy and successful relationship irrespective of what happened to your parents, reading good books that counsel in this area, seeing a therapist if there is a need to do so) you can neutralize these potentially negative effects and have a happy relationship, marriage and life

Meet Nigerian singles here http://something4singles.com, make friends and connect!
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Ohenry(m): 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2008
Coming from a broken does have an impact on future romance.

I've noticed from personal observation that women from broken homes tend to be less trusting of their male partners. This is especially so if they view their father as the cause of the break up.

This does not apply in all cases however.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by newdeal(m): 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2008
my submission on the issue is that there are no hard and fast rules about it. it could go either ways, depending on the individual
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by doe82: 7:36am On Jul 24, 2008
@ SYREN
How are u today?long time
@ topic

Why are we still on this issue!
No doubt some broken homes are the product of the wrong choices and mistakes of parents!This condition cannot and never be blaimed on the child (girl or boy)
But whether it sure affects romance and futher 'family orientation" of a potential mother of father-------The answer is YES(90%)
There is no hard and fast rule about the behavior of humans given our different complexities dispositions but for sure F[b]AMILY PLAYS A ROLE IN MOLDING THE BEHAVIOUR OF EVERY CHILD.[/b]
E[b].G[/b]

1) You hard an emotional accident(broken heart) and refuse to ever love again.
Reason:u never really believed in love,it was an experiment from the beginning--could b that u never really felt love from the home

2) same scenerio in 1 above!----u learn t your lessons and still believe that there is love for u somewhere because your parents really taught u it exists!!!!
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by acidrop(f): 7:37am On Jul 24, 2008
YES OFCOURSE
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 9:04am On Jul 24, 2008
Yes of course?

with no explanation
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Ambber(f): 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2008
I will say 'yes' it does affect.

What you don't have its natural you cant give,
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by syren: 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2008
Ambber:

with benefit of hindsight I will say 'yes' it does affect.

What you don't have its natural you can't give,

What don't you have? 

@ doe82

Long time indeed, I'm fine and you?
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by doe82: 6:06pm On Jul 24, 2008
@ Syren
where ve u been?
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by syren: 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2008
I've been very busy sha, even now I'm just waking up from my nap, I'm exhausted.  undecided
Always nice to hear from you tho, hope all is well  grin

@ topic
Come to think of it, the term "broken home" can be very disheartening for children to hear. It has a very nagative stigma and they know they're looked down on at times and automatically seen as dysfunctional and problematic, so they feel ashamed and negative emotions arise from that so I'd say it's both internal and external factors from the home and outside world.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by doe82: 7:49am On Jul 25, 2008
syren:

I've been very busy sha, even now I'm just waking up from my nap, I'm exhausted. undecided
Always nice to hear from you tho, hope all is well grin

I can understand!just take it cool and slow down sometimes to take care of urself.Feels good meeting u again!!

syren:

@ topic
Come to think of it, the term "broken home" can be very disheartening for children to hear. It has a very nagative stigma and they know they're looked down on at times and automatically seen as dysfunctional and problematic, so they feel ashamed and negative emotions arise from that so I'd say it's both internal and external factors from the home and outside world.

THATS WHY EVERY SINGLE ONE OWE IT A DUTY TO THEIR CHILDREN UNBORN TO MAKE THE RIGHT MARRIAGE DECISIONS TO SAVE THE INNOCENT KIDS THE STIGMA AND THE MENTAL TORTURE THAT GOES WITH THIS KIND OF SITUATION
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by syren: 8:01am On Jul 25, 2008
doe82:

I can understand!just take it cool and slow down sometimes to take care of yourself.Feels good meeting u again!!

I really wish I could undecided I'm not even feeling well, but I just have to keep going. Nice meeting u too grin

doe82:

THATS WHY EVERY SINGLE ONE OWE IT A DUTY TO THEIR CHILDREN UNBORN TO MAKE THE RIGHT MARRIAGE DECISIONS TO SAVE THE INNOCENT KIDS THE STIGMA AND THE MENTAL TORTURE THAT GOES WITH THIS KIND OF SITUATION

Very true, a lot of parents don't think about that, don't even care at times all they think about is how much they can't stand their partners and how to get as far away from them as possible. undecided Not only in marriage but outside of it too.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by doe82: 8:19am On Jul 25, 2008
syren:

I really wish I could undecided I'm not even feeling well, but I just have to keep going.

Baby take care of urself as health is paramount in all we do.If u breakdown whatever u were doing another will take up so whats is the essence of going tru all these stress.

syren:

Very true, a lot of parents don't think about that, don't even care at times all they think about is how much they can't stand their partners and how to get as far away from them as possible. undecided Not only in marriage but outside of it too.

got some personal questions but i dont think nairaland is the best forum for that
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by doe82: 8:21am On Jul 25, 2008
syren:

I really wish I could undecided I'm not even feeling well, but I just have to keep going.

Baby take care of urself as health is paramount in all we do.If u breakdown whatever u were doing another will take up so whats is the essence of going tru all these stress.

syren:

got some personal questions but i dont think nairaland is the best forum for them lipsrsealed
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by syren: 8:25am On Jul 25, 2008
doe82:

Baby take care of yourself as health is paramount in all we do.If u breakdown whatever u were doing another will take up so whats is the essence of going tru all these stress.

got some personal questions but i don't think nairaland is the best forum for that

OK I'll try, I need a holiday LOL  grin

You could email them to me if possible? I'll put the address on my profile
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by doe82: 8:27am On Jul 25, 2008
ok,that ll b nice wink
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by syren: 8:33am On Jul 25, 2008
sorry, I write it wrong, it ends with .com not .co.uk, the correct one should be on there now  smiley

Anyway I must dash, I have another long day ahead take care doe82 talk to you again soon grin
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by habiolah(m): 9:56am On Jul 25, 2008
@ topic
Looking straight at the question, the answer should be an emphatic YES
but sometimes there are exceptionsdepends on the individual
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 10:26am On Jul 25, 2008
I was talking about this issue with a friend yesterday

My mum was from a broken home and i believe she tried her best not to go that path
she did all she could and we all saw her struggle.

Anyways, a friend of mine left her house with her mum when her dad took a new wife.

her mum thankfully had a well-paying job and she was able to sustain her children.

Now, my friend wants to hear nothing about marriage, she is ready to go in for name and children

but she'd rather be lesbian than to marry a man for love. undecided
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by 2bfrank: 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2008
i think so cos i have experienced it my girl friend finds it difficult to trust her boy friend.cos of dat she didn'nt want to give every thing to the relationship.
thinking dat d guy wil do ike her father,but i met this guy and found out this guy. is the best guy for her cos dis guy.is too loving and cearing smiley

Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2008
werrin be dis
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by habiolah(m): 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2008
Help me ask am
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Pataki: 6:37pm On Jul 28, 2008
@ Topic,

No it does not.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2008
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Pataki: 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2008
Whats with the emoticons after my posts? Are you now beyond comprehension? undecided
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by MissyB1(m): 6:54pm On Jul 28, 2008
Yhu go fear pic naw.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 8:59am On Jul 29, 2008
lol
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by origina9ja(f): 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2008
undecided
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by strexfree(m): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2008
All depends in the way you view it. if you really want it to work it will. that is it
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by akinolagre: 6:11pm On Aug 02, 2008
It really affect them especially those that involved court case the children are placed in the middle and there are even some cases that ask the children to desire which of their parent they want to live with hence the emotional stress affect their performance in live.It also affect their love relationship later in the future they can't really trust the other person because event would always be replaying in their mind.
Re: Does A Broken Home Affect Future Romance? by Gamine(f): 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2008
hmm.

But their should be a stop button somewhere undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can You Carry Your Wife's Or Girlfriend's Hand Bag / Big Breasts! Heavy Backside! This Photos Will Make Your Monday Morning / New Guy Always Talks About His Ex Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.