Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? (20466 Views)

Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story / Why I Should Take A Second Wife! / Can I Do This For My Wife If She Likes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tintingz(m): 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
deols:

Not everyone can be like your mother. Try to understand that. It does not make them bad.
I understand it is a matter of choice and a tough moment for many muslim women. But you cant stop what Allah as destined.

There is wisdom behind everything, as for me I don't "think" I can marry two wives cuz me I no want women palava grin

5 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 7:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: Brotha, shebi this ones are muslim sisters by birth if I tell you about by mum ehn, you will give her salutation. I grew up in a polygamous home

My mum was an ex-anglican christian her father was an elder in church she got married to my dadd a muslim and she converted to Islam went for hajj read english Quran, she also was not expecting a second wife from my dadd thou I was still very young when my dadd married the second wife but she told us everything. She was not happy the first time my dadd discussed it with her but do you believe that she didn't fight nor went for divorce she accepted her but we don't live under same roof.

They are like sisters thou there we be some jealousy thing between them which is normal but have never seen my mum and my step mum fighting she didn't brainwash us to hate the second wife, the sweetest thing about her was that she was the one that raised/took care of the two sons of my step mum they both love my mum like kilode grin but now am missing her she's late and my step mum is the one taken care of us and I love her as a mother. smiley

I can't continue telling you more.

May Allah(swt) continue blessing her, she's indeed a true mother and a true muslimah who understand what Allah has revealed in Quran smiley
Ameeeen thumma Ameeen!!! Interesting and touching.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 8:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: I understand it is a matter of choice and a tough moment for many muslim women. But you cant stop what Allah as destined.

There is wisdom behind everything, as for me I don't "think" I can marry two wives cuz me I no want women palava grin
''women palava'' hahahaha.lol. May Allah make it easy for us. Ameeen!!!
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tintingz(m): 8:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
khattab02: Ameeeen thumma Ameeen!!! Interesting and touching.
''women palava'' hahahaha.lol. May Allah make it easy for us. Ameeen!!!
Ameen oo! smiley Lol
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Fulaman198(m): 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: Brotha, shebi this ones are muslim sisters by birth if I tell you about by mum ehn, you will give her salutation. I grew up in a polygamous home

My mum was an ex-anglican christian her father was an elder in church she got married to my dadd a muslim and she converted to Islam went for hajj read english Quran, she also was not expecting a second wife from my dadd thou I was still very young when my dadd married the second wife but she told us everything. She was not happy the first time my dadd discussed it with her but do you believe that she didn't fight nor went for divorce she accepted her but we don't live under same roof.

They are like sisters thou there we be some jealousy thing between them which is normal but have never seen my mum and my step mum fighting she didn't brainwash us to hate the second wife, the sweetest thing about her was that she was the one that raised/took care of the two sons of my step mum they both love my mum like kilode grin but now am missing her she's late and my step mum is the one taken care of us and I love her as a mother. smiley

I can't continue telling you more.

May Allah(swt) continue blessing her, she's indeed a true mother and a true muslimah who understand what Allah has revealed in Quran smiley

No 2 people are the same Alhamdullah
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: And this is coming from a muslim sister. undecided
tongue embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided All these icons for you too. We are allowed to ask for what we want abi?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
deols:

Lol.

I can never be attracted to someone who is with somebody else. I can never be the second fiddle.

I can never fight over a man. It is just the way I am. When I like something and it suddenly becomes someone else's, I lose interest. It thus makes it hard for me to understand how some people agree to being the second wife.

I just never see myself in such situations. It shall not be my portion!! AmEN.

My dear sister, i can't and don't even want to imagine it. Will i still love him as much? Can i bear sharing? Can the lady abide by my rules? (yes, my rules, because it's my territory). May Allah just help us anyway.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
Rukemi291:

My dear sister, i can't and don't even want to imagine it. Will i still love him as much? Can i bear sharing? Can the lady abide by my rules? (yes, my rules, because it's my territory). May Allah just help us anyway.
Ameeen!.hahahaha..lol. My rules and my territory.lol.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tintingz(m): 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
Rukemi291: tongue embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided All these icons for you too. We are allowed to ask for what we want abi?
siddon there, when your man look at other women finish then bring one home then you will know that this is reality not disney land grin cheesy
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: siddon there, when your man look at other women finish then bring one home then you will know that this is reality not disney land grin cheesy

Hahahaa..lol. These poeple eh!
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tintingz(m): 9:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
Rukemi291:

siddon there again you think say he will bring the second wife inside the same house with you? He will just rent one flat for her at lekki or ikoyi GRA grin cheesy
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tintingz(m): 9:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
khattab02: Hahahaa..lol. These poeple eh!
she think say na lala land we dey grin
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: she think say na lala land we dey grin
Haahahaha. U funny eh. Take it easy with her. Na weytin she tink and want but she has to seriously work hard. It not that easy. You know they say 'easier said than done'.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by deols(f): 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
What woman allows herself to be the 'hidden' wife.

Inferiority too much!

Over rukemie and I and Sissie's dead body grin
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tintingz(m): 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2013
khattab02: Haahahaha. U funny eh. Take it easy with her. Na weytin she tink and want but she has to seriously work hard. It not that easy. You know they say 'easier said than done'.
not easy o my brother smiley
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tintingz(m): 9:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
deols: What woman allows herself to be the 'hidden' wife.

Inferiority too much!

Over rukemie and I and Sissie's dead body grin
Boya lomo! grin sha don't dull yourself cheesy
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Sissie(f): 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2013
Divorce is an option.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
Deols. Don't mind those guys. They don't know it's because we love them that we are jealous and can't share.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tintingz(m): 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2013
Rukemi291: Deols. Don't mind those guys. They don't know it's because we love them that we are jealous and can't share.
Just be a good wife wink
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Sissie(f): 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2013
Rukemi291: Deols. Don't mind those guys. They don't know it's because we love them that we are jealous and can't share.

LOL, making it seem like you don't have a choice, and if he marries another one, the wife don't have a choice but to accept it LOL.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tintingz(m): 10:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
Sissie: Divorce is an option.
Exactly...not like most women that will poison or jazz their husband smiley
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 10:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
Hmmmmmmm...interesting!
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 10:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: Exactly...not like most women that will poison or jazz their husband smiley
hahaha..lol u funny eh! But true.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 03, 2013
khattab02: Hmmmmmmm...interesting!
grin.

Sissie, i just pray it doesn't happen.

Tintingz. Will try to be.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by kayword(m): 11:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
Sissie: Divorce is an option.

Just wondering, can you really take it to that level if your man decides to marry a 2nd wife?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tpia5: 11:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
deols:

When did I say that I am against it.

And what staunch support of Aisha have I shown?

Stop reading meanings that I did not imply. I have supported polygyny in some instances and I have said the concerns I have with those who practice it.

i just do not see how your stand against polygamy does not contradict most of your teachings here. You are sending mixed messages.

on what basis exactly are you against it?

your personal preference or a religious one?

do you think a man who shares your level of commitment to your deen, would not also include polygamy as a requirement of his own deen?

3 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Fulaman198(m): 11:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
tpia@:

i just do not see how your stand against polygamy does not contradict most of your teachings here. You are sending mixed messages.

do you think a man who shares your level of commitment to your deen, would not also include polygamy as a requirement of his own deen?

Not every man wants to marry more than one woman

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tpia5: 11:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
i think you meant to quote someone else.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Logicbwoy: 3:55am On Nov 04, 2013
Why not marry an atheist, Deols?

That way, you will be sure that your husband wont marry a second wife kiss kiss kiss

lol....even some few sects of christianity advocate polygamy!

On a serious note, this thread is making me laugh......the "hot" men are afraid of challenge...they feel that some sisters will not bow down to their lust for multiple women... grin grin
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Fulaman198(m): 4:03am On Nov 04, 2013
Logicbwoy: Why not marry an atheist, Deols?

That way, you will be sure that your husband wont marry a second wife kiss kiss kiss

lol....even some few sects of christianity advocate polygamy!

On a serious note, this thread is making me laugh......the "hot" men are afraid of challenge...they feel that some sisters will not bow down to their lust for multiple women... grin grin

Lusting is wrong in Islam, I for one as a Muslim man will not marry more than 1 woman. I have listened to songs by Oumou Sangare in Fulfulde (Fulani language) of Mali and she grew up having to deal with it her mother did not receive the same attention as the other wife.

It is impossible for a man to love 2 or more women equally the same. One will always be your favourite.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by deols(f): 6:17am On Nov 04, 2013
kayword:

Just wondering, can you really take it to that level if your man decides to marry a 2nd wife?

Yes. I Can
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by deols(f): 6:18am On Nov 04, 2013
tpia@:

I answered all that in my previous posts. You can read them.again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims / Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World / Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.