Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? (20464 Views)

Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story / Why I Should Take A Second Wife! / Can I Do This For My Wife If She Likes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Lilimax(f): 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
This question is directed to guys alone undecided
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
Lilimax: This question is directed to guys alone undecided
if you have a third leg you can answer it too undecided
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by maninmood(m): 1:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
I will actually not. That is like creating more problems. Having a wife is a problem already, why creating more by having additional woman?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by MrAboki: 1:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
Lilimax: This question is directed to guys alone undecided

Yarinya!!

How much are you?! I need a Igbo girl in my Harem.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by bukatyne(f): 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
nene1: Salams everyone,

I had a discussion with my mom and cousin about polygamy. I feel that EVERY man would practice polygamy if they could even including non muslims who criticize our system. So I just wanted to ask the muslim men here if they would marry more women if they were wealthy or if they would still stick to one wife. I think that in theory polygamy, is a good idea for women (not just men). If people did it right it would be of great benefit to women, but many men cannot be fair. Also women don't respect each other. They try to give each other hell. This is why I prefer to avoid polygamy. I am really afraid of my future husband cheating on me or marrying another wife. I really hope I find one who is fine with one wife and set of kids. I would be devastated if it happened to me. I don't think I have the patience or strength to endure it. Are there men out there that can actually control their desires and be faithful to one woman. My cousin's mother is a 3rd wife so she has no problem with polygamy and was almost ready to be a 2nd wife of an older rich guy. However he has been married to his one wife for many years. He's one of the few rich men with 1 wife. My cousin thinks it's selfish to want a man all to yourself. I disagree, if you are in love with your husband, why would you want to share him with another woman? Polygamy only needs to be practiced by a few men in order for every woman to find a husband. It doesn't have to be mine. Some women are ok with it and some are not. It is not fard in Islam so everyone doesn't have to do it. Well that's my feeling on polygamy. [b]Maybe I am wrong, but we do have a choice on what type of marriage we want[b].

@bolded, interesting!

The only aggrieved party is the first wife

At second bolded, you are kidding right? undecided
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Lilimax(f): 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
obadiah777: if you have a third leg you can answer it too undecided
huh
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Lilimax(f): 1:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Yarinya!!

How much are you?! I need a Igbo girl in my Harem.
Your personal text have said it all: Aboki na bastard! embarassed
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
Lilimax: huh
wink nothing do you grin
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by MrAboki: 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
Lilimax:
Your personal text have said it all: Aboki na bastard! embarassed

That statement is not complete..

Aboki na Bastard Billionaire.. Marry me and take away suffer from your life till you die..
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Orikinla(m): 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
An ex-girlfriend wants to be my second wife and I may welcome her, because I want to take care of her and no man can take care of her more than me.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
wait lemme ask ifa undecided
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by shamson: 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
I will for Allah sake if I can.
Some people prefer to commit adultery instead of taking in women as wife(s)
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by chucky234(m): 1:22pm On Oct 31, 2013
Not even a girlfriend let alone a second wife, my wife is more than enough for me rich or poor.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by trolling(m): 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
If I marry one, who go marry the rest, abi when Bible talk say 7 women to one, you know think say Bible no Wetin him dey talk...

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Edunwa302(m): 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
nene1: Salams everyone,

I had a discussion with my mom and cousin about polygamy. I feel that EVERY man would practice polygamy if they could even including non muslims who criticize our system. So I just wanted to ask the muslim men here if they would marry more women if they were wealthy or if they would still stick to one wife. I think that in theory polygamy, is a good idea for women (not just men). If people did it right it would be of great benefit to women, but many men cannot be fair. Also women don't respect each other. They try to give each other hell. This is why I prefer to avoid polygamy. I am really afraid of my future husband cheating on me or marrying another wife. I really hope I find one who is fine with one wife and set of kids. I would be devastated if it happened to me. I don't think I have the patience or strength to endure it. Are there men out there that can actually control their desires and be faithful to one woman. My cousin's mother is a 3rd wife so she has no problem with polygamy and was almost ready to be a 2nd wife of an older rich guy. However he has been married to his one wife for many years. He's one of the few rich men with 1 wife. My cousin thinks it's selfish to want a man all to yourself. I disagree, if you are in love with your husband, why would you want to share him with another woman? Polygamy only needs to be practiced by a few men in order for every woman to find a husband. It doesn't have to be mine. Some women are ok with it and some are not. It is not fard in Islam so everyone doesn't have to do it. Well that's my feeling on polygamy. Maybe I am wrong, but we do have a choice on what type of marriage we want.
i can only do dt if i wana go broke sharply or die quick
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Plutarch: 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
I cant think of marrying another wife cool. However, if i marry any of these fake "Made in Nigeria" feminist undecideds then i can think of marrying another wife grin so to encourage her career in "feminism". grin grin grin
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by warrikid(m): 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
Deen4me: This one na banger ooo grin

On a more serious note, Lets look at the facts

Polygamy : a system of marriage whereby one person has more than one spouse

Polygyny : where a man marries more than one woman (Allowed in Islam)

Polyandry : where a woman marries more than one man (Not Allowed in Islam)

1 Islam did not introduce polygyny

Moses 2 wives (Exodus 2:21 , Numbers 12:1)
Abraham at least three wives (Genesis 16:3 ,Genesis 25: 1-5)
David -12 Wives , 3 Concubines (1 Samuel 18:27 ,1 Chronicles 3 1-5)
Solomon 700 wives and 300 concubines (1 kings 11:3 ,Songs 6:8 2 Kings 10:1)

2 : The Qur'an is the only religious scripture in the world that says, 'marry only one'

"Then marry those that please you of women
two or three or four.
but if you fear you will not be just, then (marry only) one " Q 4:3

3. Polygyny protects the interests of women and children in society. It requires men to spend on their additional wives and their offspring.

The Prophet(PBUH) says,
“When a man has two wives and he is inclined to one of them, he will come on the Day of resurrection with a side hanging down (paralyzed) Abu Dawud

4.Only a minority (10-15 %) of Muslims practice polygyny because of additional financial and psychological burdens of handling more than one family.

Great points man.
@Topic
BTW-can someone show me where in the bible it says of a man not marrying more than one wife.
(I'm not talking about a deacon or church leader pls).
Thanks.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by sholie: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
Moses-2wives,,! alfa get ur facts right.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by gbengaobaye: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
i want marry dame patience as second wife.i know put jona because i love madam umbrella wella.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by drnoel: 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
Na wah 4 u OP. Have u not heard 1 wife 1 trouble, double wives double wahala.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by kennykool4u: 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
Deen4me: Islams aims to solve societal problems by practical means

Not everybody likes polygamy, but my opinion is it should be encouraged.

.........And live with them in kindness. For if you dislike them - perhaps you dislike a thing and Allah makes therein much good. (Q 4:19)

When I see what a lot of ladies go through either willingly or unwillingly under the guise of trying to get married.

Dignity and honour is thrown under the trailer.

Pressure from home, society, Biological clocks , a lot of wrong decisions are made.

I can only pray that my sisters never have to go through such.

Why do people love putting religion here. where is Moses and Abraham now? where are you. Better be realistic and face your life.

And lets not forget the widows, chances of them getting remarried is slim and God bless you if you have kids in tow. cry

I believe a lot of the negativity stems from what society exposes one to, i.e Africa magic Yoruba etc wink

How our fathers practiced it without adhering the Islamic rules etc

@ OP

I don't think it is proper for a believer to connote negativity on what Allah has given approval for.

My advise to you is pray to Allah to give you what is best for you.

He may decide to test you with anything. Our prayer as believers is we pass those tests in flying colours.

We have a lot of sisters in their late 30's and 40's who are yet to get married, If reverse was the case would you still stand on your opinion

The point is explained by the Hadith of the Rasul (PBUH)

Anas relates that the Prophet (PBUH) said: “None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.

Bukhari & Muslim

Let me leave you with this article letting you know its not only local to Nigeria but a global phenomenon

The sooner we start addressing the problem the better for us

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentid=20131026184706

Salam Alaikum

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by badmeat(m): 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
I marry one!phook the rest,grin
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by kennykool4u: 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2013
warrikid:

Great points man.
@Topic
BTW-can someone show me where in the bible it says of a man not marrying more than one wife.
(I'm not talking about a deacon or church leader pls).
Thanks.

Talk for yourself and stop being on the fence.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by kennykool4u: 1:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
Mr Aboki: YES!!!

ALLAH DEMANDS IT OF ALL MUSLIMS..

A man is allowed to marry up to four women for many reasons, benefiting both the man and the women.

•Firstly, it may help the women as in the case of the Prophet where he often married poor women or women whose husbands died in battle. This was to help and protect them.

•Secondly, as the prophet Abraham (as) married, they may bear the man a child when the first wife cannot. Instead of abandoning a women for her inability to conceive, he marries another and *treats them both with justice)

•And lastly, in the case of a man tempted to commit adultery with another women. Instead of this man committing a grave sin, adultury, Allah has given man an ease within his law and allowed man to marry another women. The aim of this is to prevent man and the women from committing a grave sin. Many people look at this law as a selfish addition to men but in fact it is meant as an ease on both men and women; it's not an excuse to 'have fun' with many wives but in fact it is meant to help ease men and women with their way of life.

ALLAHU AKBAR!!!
ALLAHU AKBAR
ALLAHU AKBAR

[b][/b]Religious people are around. Tell me when they leave
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by vizboy(m): 1:37pm On Oct 31, 2013
1 wife with plenty girlfriends. And am ok
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Polio: 1:37pm On Oct 31, 2013
Insha Allah, NO!
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
Never gonna be a party of or in support of that as most problems in black african got a thing or two to do widda 2nd woman..n am talkin frm my late grandman's experience n what hav seen elsewhere...a hole is enough for a wise-kicd....just my 50...
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by crusufixo(m): 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
Big No !!!!!!!!!.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by nerodenero: 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2013
Joystick is the bone of contention here. Will it be wrong to say it has done more harm than good!!! To an extent 'yes' and to another extent 'no'. For me, I prefer a one man-one woman system but if your joystick can't be curtailed/control/tamed/guided etc, then, marry another. Is that a guarantee that the dude wont cheat on them? It is yes and no. He could be satisfied after two women at home and at the same time, he could be another "Oliver twist", always asking for more. It is a complex thing called 'joystick'. Love it, hate it and whichever way, it is probably the best possession a man has!
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2013
For the sake of my children, I won't.. But meeenn, I would love to...
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Seriousbusiness: 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
This question should be directed to matured men not boys.When I was younger,I hate polygamy with passion but now that Ve grown up,I think I can support polygamy.If you ve ever been heart broken b4 as a man,nobody will tell you to go for polygamy.
Moreover,why is it that polygamous men always live longer than monogamous men?
So I go for polygamy 100% so far you are capable.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by eightsin(m): 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
I wont like to marry more than one woman bt i'd keep at least one concubine especially whn my wife is pregnant jst to keep conji away from the body.
Cos Conji is very dangerous.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims / Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World / Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.