Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge (40871 Views)

Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! / Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? / Pills Without Husband Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Reptyle(m): 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2013
Yoruba_Jesus: Be thankful the guy on the other end is a priest. At least you are sure he didnt do IT with your wifey.

Are you saying that because you still have some faith in mankind...or simply because he is a "reverend father"
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Mavor: 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
You might wanna report this priest to the Bishop or Archbishop.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Abbey2sam(m): 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
Nashville: My brother, my advice is that you forgive her. Sounds silly but forgive her. From your story, you have alot to thank God for, a beautiful family, good health, properties all over and you have been a great husband. If your wife decides to betray you, it is not your fault but hers alone. As hard as it is, look around you and thank God. Sit her down and tell her you know she has built the house. Tell her how disappointed you are but let her know you have already forgiven her.

Life is too short. I know you are disappointed but please let it go. I can bet you she may have serious background issues or she is moving with the wrong friends. That is the only thing that can explain her behaviour. Her background is outta whack (broken or polygamous home) or her advisers are just plain stupid. But I will tell you to change churches fast. You cannot be confessing to that traitor of a priest amd please make sure nothing more than the ordinary is going on between the two. God bless you.

I never knew there still people like this on NL.
I thought NL is now full of children........

Just like @Nashville has rightly said, just forgive her, I tell you this is a minor issue compare to what's happening in some family..

I don't pray for any of such for you..............
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Chatters(f): 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
normaljenny: My brother, I have seen lots of advices here some are good and some are not good. Kneeling down and begging for forgiveness is no big deal. I can do it too with like 20 mins crying added to it. My candid advice is:

1. Don't hate her and don't send her away.

2. Request for the documents as it should be in your possession.

3. If she refuses to give u the documents.

4. Stop sleeping in same room with her.

5. Change your phone number and keep her off ur contacts whatever. Facebook, twitter. Etc

6. Don't you ever, ever eat her food. because if she finds out through the advise of her friends,mother, or pastor that you are becoming a pain in the ass, then she can be compelled to act rashly and if u should die, she would get another hubby in a year, and as she is getting so ambitious now, she has the automatic ownership to all your stuffs.

7. Threat her like a stranger in the house.

8. Don't ever have family discussions with her.

9. Behave as if your life depends on it.

10. Let it stretch for like two to three months.

11. When she comes for begging,don't give in immediately.

12. There shall not be a third party in the reconciliation scene. It should just you and her.

13. Trying to knw if the pastor is screwing her is a past thing. Just keep the past off from it.

14. But meet the foolish pastor and tell him bluntly that if you ever see him 250 meters close to any member of your household, that you will "kill" him.

15. Get a court injuction on him calling your wife or getting close to your family.

16. Withdraw the matter from your family and her family meddling in to solve. Keep them out of it. And your friends too. Only you and your wife can save your marriage.

17. Tell her you want a divorce and see how she would react to it. If she is shocked at and scared at it, then know she wants her marriage to stay, but if she is not, then know that can be the last option (deutoronomy. 24:1-4).

18. As you start it, dedicate a week fasting & prayer to God, for the purpose of keeping the family imtact and ask God to reveal hidden things to you, as I to know if the pastor has voodoo on her, because I don't trust most of all these pastors with their wack powers.

19. Lastly, don't joke with your life. E no get duplicate.

All your points are moot! Why shouldn't e woman keep the documents to her own house? You should also tell her to hand over her salary every month to her husband. Its people like you that destroy marriages with all your bad advice. Simply tell the man to forgive and move on with his life.
@ OP, pls don't listen to this clown. Find a place in your heart to forgive her. Try and rekindle the love you guys felt forbeah other that prompted you to get married. You will be surprised at the change that will take place in your marriage as a result.

2 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by gbanikiti(m): 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
normaljenny: My brother, I have seen lots of advices here some are good and some are not good. Kneeling down and begging for forgiveness is no big deal. I can do it too with like 20 mins crying added to it. My candid advice is:

5. Change your phone number and keep her off ur contacts whatever. Facebook, twitter. Etc

6. Don't you ever, ever eat her food. because if she finds out through the advise of her friends,mother, or pastor that you are becoming a pain in the ass, then she can be compelled to act rashly and if u should die, she would get another hubby in a year, and as she is getting so ambitious now, she has the automatic ownership to all your stuffs.

12. There shall not be a third party in the reconciliation scene. It should just you and her.

13. Trying to knw if the pastor is screwing her is a past thing. Just keep the past off from it.

14. But meet the foolish pastor and tell him bluntly that if you ever see him 250 meters close to any member of your household, that you will "kill" him.

15. Get a court injuction on him calling your wife or getting close to your family.

16. Withdraw the matter from your family and her family meddling in to solve. Keep them out of it. And your friends too. Only you and your wife can save your marriage.

17. Tell her you want a divorce and see how she would react to it. If she is shocked at and scared at it, then know she wants her marriage to stay, but if she is not, then know that can be the last option (deutoronomy. 24:1-4).

18. As you start it, dedicate a week fasting & prayer to God, for the purpose of keeping the family imtact and ask God to reveal hidden things to you, as I to know if the pastor has voodoo on her, because I don't trust most of all these pastors with their wack powers.

are you for real? You are very wicked for giving such advice! Why should he be in possession of the document and for what reason,because he is the man of the house? You dey craze o! angry

3 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by king100(m): 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ujujoan:

I also don't agree with her PoV . . . but I didn't rain insults on her or curse her future . . . undecided
Thanks you for you warm response. Deep down in me, I was not raining curses on her. I have discovered in life. some vital things we cannot push aside when it comes the issue of marriage.One of the things is the issue of trust which is the pillar holds any marriage together. Transparency should be the watch-word,not hidden from each other.In marriage when there is concrete agreement of how things should work out in a marriage,there would peace.There is no way peace can reign if both are having secrect here and there.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by poppop: 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2013

Such a sissy angry

2 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
Thank you for the clarity exactly my point!

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by xyuche: 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
my brother the Lord is your strength. Just take it easy, don't just change your attitude to your wife .Don't think you have the worst woman on earth. Please forgive her and try to be the best husband you could be. Just give her one more chance but always be by her side to guide her.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ujujoan:

Actually, it goes both ways . . .

I've seen a man behave calmly because his wife was the major breadwinner. Immediately things got better for him, but became a totally different person.

Wanted to go and come as he pleases, just because he no longer asks his wife for money.

That's why I always advocate for both parties to be financially stable before marriage. That way, nobody is pretending to be what h/she is not because the other has financial advantage!

*Winks. You no try at all at all. cool
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by gbanikiti(m): 2:32pm On Oct 29, 2013
smartchoice: Thank you for the clarity exactly my point!

smh at your comments so far! angry
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by NoobSaibot1: 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
Chatters:

You must be out of your mind to think the way you do. How can you offer such a useless advice. We have only heard from the OP. We must need to hear from the wife too. For all I know there's no smoke without fire.

There's no point hearing the wife's side as long as she has admitted to have built the house. Whatever her husband must have done doesn't warrant this. Why should a wife keep such thing away from her husband...even with the connivance of their pastor? Sending her away isn't the best solution though. But I see no need probing beyond necessary in this case.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Reptyle(m): 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
@ OP

From your story, it seems to me that your wife is a good woman who has made a few misguided decisions in life. At least she was contrite enough to apologize and ask for forgiveness when you confronted her. I know a number of women that will tell you to go to hell!!!

Don't mind all these people here telling you to drive her away. There is absolutely no guarantee that the one you replace her with will be any better.

God brought y'all together for a reason. Humble yourself and ask God for wisdom and guidance to help you deal with this issue. Forgive your wife and move on.

As for your shock at finding out that the priest who joined you both is part of your wife's scheming, do not be shocked! He is but a man.

1 Like

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2013
When I get married, I would live far; I mean very far away from my family, and my wife must do the same thing too. We can always talk on phone, visit once in a while; that's how far it could get.

As with the priest, there shall be no unnecessary visitation to my house, any donation from my household would be anonymously given.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by dasparrow: 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
2ndChance: I have seen similar threads on this topic before but never imagined it could happen in my marriage.
My wife and I have been married for about 10 years now and we have been blessed with both male and female children. For the first 7yrs of the marriage, I earned about 8x my wife's salary and everything was sweet and rosy. We were the envy of most families with houses and landed properties both in the village and the city where we live. But about 4yrs ago, my wife got a better job which made her salary slightly higher than mine. But more importantly, the new job gave her access to bulk money by way of loans, grants, etc and ever since, my family has never been the same again. My wife suddenly became unruly, she doesn't consult me on any issue concerning the family again. I have sat her down on countless occasions to know what the problem is but she refused to say what is responsible for her sudden change in attitude. Even when I seek her opinion on projects concerning the family, she shows indifference most times. I then resolved to continue to engage her and be as open as I can hoping that things would improve and indeed I really noticed some slight improvement. But when I was about to settle down and relax, I got the shocker of my life -my wife had built and completed a building without my knowledge! As if that was not shocking enough, I later found out that the man who has been fronting for her on the said project is the same Priest (Reverend Father) that joined us in holy matrimony!!!
I am really confused right now, having mood swings between laughing and angry at the same time. I just don't know how to handle this.

Honestly, here is my take on this. Was your wife wrong to have not informed you of her building project? Perhaps. But here is the thing, a lot of Nigerian-bred men become intimidated when their wife decides to build a house. They feel that she will no longer be submissive to them as before. The same train of thought occurs when an average Nigerian-bred male finds out that his wife earns more money than he does. All of a sudden, their ego feels bruised and katakata starts in the home. So, your wife probably felt that if she told you she wanted to build a house, you might not have agreed and would have used the excuse that you people already have properties scattered all over and there is no need to start acquiring or building another house. In addition, building a house someday might have been your wife's childhood dream and she does not want anyone getting in the way of her fulfilling that dream.

Next, I am going to look at this scenario from a different point of view. Nigeria is a country that sadly does not protect women. In the western world, should a man pass away, the wife by default inherits any property the couple shared except the couple had agreed otherwise before the spouse's demise. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard true life stories of Nigerian women who stood and struggled with their husbands till he became rich. But as soon as the man died, his family - both immediate and extended - came along and threw the woman and her kids out on the street leaving her with nothing. Sometimes, the family of the man will come up with outrageous theories that insist that the wife killed their son and hence she cannot retain any part of the properties the man ever had. This is even though both husband and wife worked very hard side by side to acquire all they had gotten. That is the reality of things in Nigeria.

Nigeria's judicial system is equally nothing to write home about because they don't protect the widows of this society. In fact, Nigerian society is against the woman and women are against their fellow women as well. When a woman get's thrown out of her matrimonial home or becomes a widow, she generally has nowhere to turn to. So, I cannot blame your wife for coming up with a plan B. This is Nigeria and not America where in the event of a divorce, properties are split equally between the couple - as long as no prenuptial was signed - or in the event of spousal death, the woman and her children keep the property. So any Nigerian woman married to a Nigerian-bred man and living in Nigeria will do well to protect herself from any eventualities.

You may think your wife is being evil but the truth of the matter is that Nigerian society is wicked to women and do not protect them. If I was a Nigerian woman married to a Nigerian-bred man and raising a family in Nigeria, you best believe I will pull a similar stunt. No woman wants to build a home with a man and then when he dies, the man's greedy family relations who never contributed anything will come from the village and start talking crap about how the culture says that the properties of their late brother is now theirs. This is Africa and African women should wake up and do whatever is necessary for their survival and the survival of their offspring. My 2 cents.

7 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by funkybaby(f): 2:43pm On Oct 29, 2013
king100: Deep down in me, I was not raining curses on her . I have discovered in life. some vital things we cannot push aside when it comes the issue of marriage.One of the things is the issue of trust which is the pillar holds any marriage together. Transparency should be the watch-word,not hidden from each other.In marriage when there is concrete agreement of how things should work out in a marriage,there would peace.There is no way peace can reign if both are having secrect here and there.

raining curses on me ke? grin

dude, seriously, STFU and do not make me go all out on your a$$

the words you spoke didnt go past your screen. they bounced back to you, your future and your wife as well as her future in double fold sef with added optional extras wink wink

in life, people will always have opinions that differ from yours. learn to accept, counter and deal with it and not resort to insults smiley

3 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Reptyle(m): 2:48pm On Oct 29, 2013

18. As you start it, dedicate a week fasting & prayer to God, for the purpose of keeping the family intact and ask God to reveal hidden things to you, as I to know if the pastor has voodoo on her, because I don't trust most of all these pastors with their wack powers.

You are a bunch of contradiction my friend.

You advise the man to do things exactly the way God says not to, and then proceed on a fast afterwards so that the same God will keep his family intact
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by GoodFaith: 2:48pm On Oct 29, 2013
normaljenny: gave you the best advice
If the woman is not guilty she would not have asked for forgiveness
There are lot of bad mother in-laws out there
Call your parents tell them to stay away from the problem with your wife
That all you need from they are prayers ( that God should direct you to make the best decision for your family)
Go on your kneels ask God to direct your decision and take one day at a time
Don't bring your parents, your sisters to your family problem because you might
forgive your wife but your mother and sisters will not forgive her and that will became an issue for you
She must be from Edo state
I know of a woman that secretly build a house and some of this women end up becoming single mama
The husband found out people came to ask the husband for forgiveness, dude forgave her
She did it the second time
The dude was very patience
Sold their house told her that they are going to buy other big house
The dude took the check
All the people that said the wife did a good thing by not informing her husband
May your husband , wife and your brother's wife treat your sister and brothers the same wat AMEN
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Urine: 2:51pm On Oct 29, 2013
funkybaby: why do i need my man's permission before i build a house

of course i will inform him before i start but that does not constitute seeking his permission.

its my hard earned money and i can spend it however it pleases me angry angry as long as I do not put my finances or the family in jeopardy
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Urine: 2:51pm On Oct 29, 2013
funkybaby: why do i need my man's permission before i build a house

of course i will inform him before i start but that does not constitute seeking his permission.

its my hard earned money and i can spend it however it pleases me angry angry as long as I do not put my finances or the family in jeopardy

Really? Rich people no dey make noise, when you eventually get that "hard earned money" you will understand. For now, dream on darling.

3 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by GoodFaith: 2:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
funkybaby Please go read all the comments
Go on your kneels and pray
That God should direct your in all your doing and decision in your marriage
Based on your comments you MIGHT NOT HAVE A HAPPY MARRIED

2 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by gbanikiti(m): 2:57pm On Oct 29, 2013
Reptyle:

You are a bunch of contradiction my friend.

You advise the man to do things exactly the way God says not to, and then proceed on a fast afterwards so that the same God will keep his family intact

don't mind the confused brat! He thinks he has made sense with his useless post. Its better he kept quiet than writing crappy post. Smh
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by funkybaby(f): 2:59pm On Oct 29, 2013
Urine:

Really? Rich people no dey make noise, when you eventually get that "hard earned money" you will understand. For now, dream on darling.

who is talking about riches or making noise about wealth

are you on high dosage of stupidity or are you a dimwit

what has my comment got to do with what you are ranting on?

2 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by texaco1: 3:02pm On Oct 29, 2013
GoodFaith: funkybaby Please go read all the comments
i think she made a big mistake by posting a comment like that , i just hope that is not her true nature or character

1 Like

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by GoodFaith: 3:02pm On Oct 29, 2013
After marriage both individuals become one
Nobody is against a woman have her own house
Secretly doing it that will be a major problem for any person man or woman
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by meine: 3:02pm On Oct 29, 2013
Don't know what to say but this is a clear case of betrayal. This woman was actually planning for life without you. Your wife doesn't respect or fear you anymore,and you gave room for somethings you shouldn't have allowed. Let that priest feel the heat at the minimum and be watchful henceforth.........I have a very bad feeling about this something doesn't sound right.
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by funkybaby(f): 3:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
texaco1: i think she made a big mistake by posting a comment like that , i just hope that is not her true nature or character

which yeye mistake? STFU and speak for yourself.

do i look like wunmi allen? who made you my PA
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Urine: 3:04pm On Oct 29, 2013
funkybaby:

whose talking about riches or making noise about wealth

are you on high dosage of stupidity or are you retarded

what has my comment got to do what you are ranting on?

I thought as much...you won't be smart enough to get my analogy. Read Goodfaith's comment above, he has made it easier for you. Enjoy the rest of your day ma'am.

3 Likes

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by phineas: 3:05pm On Oct 29, 2013
I have a big smile on my face as I write this,I'll usually read amused and move on but I feel compelled to write this for the sake of any unfortunate people pleasing Nigerian woman out there reading this.....

Have your own assests completely seperate from your husbands.Either you do it with his permission or not is completely @ ur discretion but be sure it happens.If he's the bullying type hide it well beneath layers of legal paperwork and shadow names and procedures

Its the same Nigeria that the properties that's supposed to belong to the mans family in his absence gets shared by the inlaws,or the happens a lot scenario where he can kicks his wife out for the most flimsy reasons,or when she's 50 for a younger option,and my personal favourite where the guy can marry a 2nd or 3rd wife to..... Share or simply take over all you've saved,sacrificed and suffered so hard to aquire.

if you're not working,use his money,if you're working,use yours.If you agree to what's mine is yours and what is yours is mine,then make sure the legal papers do not bear mr and mrs xyz but mr george and mrs rose xyz.anybody can be mrs xyz only u can be mrs rose xyz u get?.Take a cue from the supposedly rich and powerful bianca still having to fight inlaws despite a will and all, aderinokun of gtb with the wife putting up the fight with "the others"a word for the wise

Lastly If we all stopped been hypocrites and stand to address the ills in our soceity,then no one should really begrudge a woman having her own assets,if she hides it from an unapproving husband and gets "caught" all the shouts of send her out butresses the very need for their seperating investments.

My point,a true man should know in truth,his wifes money is her money and what she does with, her bussiness so long as the family is safe and fed which is his duty.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by funkybaby(f): 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2013
GoodFaith: funkybaby Please go read all the comments

****farts****

oloshi buruku, you are blabbing nonsense. scroll up and read my other comments on this thread.

i am entitled to my own opinion. why is that too hard for you to grasp without you fool resorting to insults.

Urine:

I thought as much...you won't be smart enough to get my analogy. Read Goodfaith's comment above, he has made it easier for you. Enjoy the rest of your day ma'am.

****middle finger ****

=============================================================================

unfollows thread

time to return back to my baby making duties cool

1 Like

Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by InvertedHammer: 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2013
/
The ground is set.

The next target will be your life.

It is more serious than you think. No prayers needed here.

Be preemptive!

Let me guess...Is she from Imo State?

//
Re: Priest Aids Wife To Build Without Husband's Knowledge by Orikinla(m): 3:08pm On Oct 29, 2013
She stopped being your wife the day she started building the house without your knowledge and that so called reverend or whatever should be queried.
I know a married woman that was seeing a similar reverend for counseling on her troubled marriage, but ended up as his wife.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

RRS Operatives Rescue Stranded Girl On Third Mainland Bridge (Photo) / I See My Wife As Another Man's Wife. / 13 Pictures That Describe Your Saturday Mornings Growing Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.