Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs (13268 Views)

Beware Not All Change Is Positive / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by SamIkenna: 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
I will begin by saying this is just a preamble to what I intend to pen down on the ongoing Oduah issue. I have watched with utter disgust on how Princess Oduah has endlessly endured unspeakable vicious attack from all corners of Lagos media, spearheaded by punch Newspaper. It seems they have concluded she must go, guilty or innocent - makes no difference.

As a human with firm belief in justice, my first action when I read the news was to wait and hear her own side, wait to see what facts she brings and then make my own personal conclusions. However, this simple action seems to be lacking on the part of Lagos media cartel and their consumers. So the question is why? Why are we currently seeing over 90% of punchng.com headlines devoted to Oduah's departure as opposed to other printed news outlets in Nigeria? Why are we seeing about 70% of Vanguard's lead stories mapped on Princess' destruction?

Like I said earlier, this is just a prelude to what I'm going to say on Oduah so based on that lets take a quick peak into why Oduah story must be blown out of proportion, why other objective voices must be muffled before they gain traction, why Princess' case must recieve a kitchen-sink strategy to avoid allowing her regain any footing, and why the public must be overwhelmed by all means using sensational headlines like "New scandal on Oduah," "Oduah's kinsmen are shocked!" "GEJ has finally moved against Oduah," "Hired hoodlums tried to stop Dino Maleye and thousands who protested against Oduah's excesses," "Oduah's BMW more expensive than Obama's Limo," "Oduah bought 3 more limos," "Odua's ex-husband speaks," "Three women more powerful than GEJ," "Airport workers protest against Oduah."

In fact just as I'm writing this, punch newspaper has three headlines and they are thus: (1) Jonathan places Oduah on ‘tactical suspension,’ (2) Oduah in another car scandal, faces Reps panel today, (3) Anger as Oduah takes credit for BASA. Folks, something is seriously amiss here and, to buttress it, I will show a sneak-peak genesis of Oduah's travails and, perhaps later today, will pair it up with other Aviation ministers' actions, sins, virtues, and whatnot.

Vanguard Newspaper, February 24, 2013 Dele Sobowale wrote: Minister of Aviation have specialized in sacking the Yoruba from agencies under their control and replacing them with favourites from their preferred ethnic groups. She is the first Minister to ever attract my attention in this regard because of mounting evidence of her deliberate tribal hostility. She has started the war; she will not determine when it will end and how.

He continues: Of all the Ministries in the Federal Government, one, above all others, is headed by a Minister who has virtually declared war on Yoruba people in every area of her Ministry. That is the Minister for Aviation. The reason for singling her out of the several MDAs in the Federal Government is again simple. It is strategic to focus our energies on the worst offender, fight her to a standstill as an example to others that Yoruba people will not be pushed around by any transient holder of power. And she will not be the last holder of the Ministry. She will go, sooner or later. But, the war will continue.

As an aside, let me point out to the Minister that the Yoruba can defend themselves in this war. She might be the Minister of Aviation or anything; she might even be waging an ethnic war – for reasons known to herself. But, one thing she must know is this. The Southwest is host to every other ethnic group in Nigeria – far more than any other zone. Even the airports and other Aviation Ministry agencies are surrounded by Yoruba territory. We hold the nation’s assets.

He finally lands: That, however, is small potatoes compared to the main issue; the one that has left no doubt in my mind that, ethnic cleansing and persecution of Yoruba is a deliberate policy, is in connection with the problems of Dr Wale Babalakin, SAN, who I never met. This issue, in my view, should demonstrate the resolve of all Yoruba people to fight a battle declared against one of us by someone else for fairly clear motives.

And, it is a struggle that must be non-partisan. This is no PDP versus ACN affair. It is Yoruba versus the Minister of Aviation. Incidentally, the Minister of Aviation, I now believe has an ally in the Asset Management Corporation, AMCON, Mr Mustapha Chike Obi. Together, they want to reduce Babalakin to zero. Let me present the case as documented.

Lets look at what Fani Kayode did during his tenure as Aviation minister. In one of his usual diatribe he said this:
[b]More importantly I gave more sons and daughters of Ife and indeed Osun state indigenees more jobs in the various parastatals of Aviation and Culture and Tourism when I was Minister in both than ANY other Minister in the history of our country. If you doubt that go and ask the people and the families from Osun that benefitted or the Ooni of Ife himself and the local and political leaders of that ancient community who were all fully aware. I gave those young men amd women those senior managerial jobs only because they were encouraged to apply for them and they were well qualified for them and I have no regrets about doing so. As a matter of fact I was very proud of doing so because some of them had not worked for years or since they left university. I made so many efforts for those from my ''home region'' that in 2008 the Senator Anyim Ude-led Senate Aviation Commitee on Aviation wanted to ban me from public office for 5 years simply because I put ''too many yoruba people in the aviation parastatals''[/b]

For people who may not know, Fani Kayode didnt stay as aviation minister for too long, but even in his short duration we can vividly see from above who he hired and who Oduah fired. It seems Oduah overstepped her boundaries when she made changes and from that moment she was put on their crosshairs. It also seems to me that it wont take long before Mustafa Chike Obi feels the wrath of Lagos media and their sponsors.

I will let this 'my preamble' stop here for now as I'm compiling a list of what's going on under our noses and why tears should dry in Nigeria. However, before I put on the brakes, its important to let us know that Oduah is not charged yet, she is only been crucified based on what sahara reporters wrote, and last time I checked no one killed Obama because of wiki leaks. But in Nigeria, faceless online gossip sites' news are enough to hang a minister before she even gets a chance to answer her case, unbelievably shocking isn't it?

From militants to emirs and obas and obis to rep members all the way to senators, they all have 2 to 4 security fortified autos. Its no longer a secrect in Nigeria today cause people see those autos on the roads. Where did they get the money to buy those and while you're pondering on it tell me if those NCAA cars belong to Oduah.

To show you how adept these head-hunters are, they recently decided to line up women who they consider more powerful than GEJ. Guess who they put up? 3 Igbo women. Now show me a president that enjoys that kind of mischievous comparison. Its all game to make GEJ feel insecure and hopefully change those women.

In the History of Nigeria I have never seen a time when Easterners were massively out in one voice to get rid of someone from another ethnic group. Check history, it has never happened. I know some folks will say its because they're "sophisticated," but that's BS because many groups in Nigeria know it has absolutely nothing to do with sophistication but rather ethnicism. And if you doubt me look at all the reasons military struck in Nigeria. You can bet your life it was rooted in the endless clamour for some sort of intervention by Lagos media.

Concorde Newspaper we all know was why Buhari took out shagari because the owner was told presidency is not for sale. Its the same concorde that pushed IBB to topple Buhari because he would not play ball. In the end both the trumpet and the blower perished in the whole tiger and the rider dance of death. The same axis called for conference and jettisoned it when it came. The same axis still makes references of some kind of intervention every now and then, and woe betide any adventurous group in the military that takes it up to correct the 'assumed' ill in the Nigerian space cause that same axis will turn on them so swiftly you would think you saw just a new breed of UFO.

I will close it for now by saying this: Oduah is one person, she may or may not be relieved of her duty and in the event GEJ shows her the door, no one knows who will replace her. The new person might turn out to be a witch-hunter himself and then turn around to do a real house cleaning. In the end there's a lesson for Igbos and that is - remain on course and hit who hits you. We've been both at the top and bottom of the Nigerian mountain and we survived it all, so this destroy-them-at-all-cost syndrome is a relatively new addition and therefore we need to adjust and return the favor.

I will be back.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/minister-of-aviation-declares-war-on-yoruba-1/

34 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by talktimi(m): 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
Quite revealing but it seems an obvious truth... FFK did utter those words
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2013
God bless you. May you live long, walk and never stumble, the Gods are with you.

I have always said it, that the greatest enemy of the easterners be it Igbo or Niger delta is the YORUBAS. The Igbos shouldnt forget the wicked role againt them by the Yorubas during biafra.

The Enugu international airport has been a problem to the Yoruba man. Greedy and unproductive people. Imagine what they are to Igbos bussinesses in Lagos now. I know that very soon they will plead with the Igbos to remain with them in Nigeria.
Their is a serious gang up between the Hausas and Yorubas againts the old eastern region. Just watch and see, very soon their will be up.
On Aburi we stand.
FRESH AIR TILL 2019

10 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by russellino: 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
Nice one OP. I'm bookmarking this
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
wtf? Thiz iz 2 long.. I read small outta it sha
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by redsun(m): 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
Every participating nigerian politician is fundamentally corrupt.Corruption is the rule of the game in nigerian politics and society as a whole,therefore it is unavoidable for any player not to be corrupt.Except maybe Bakare,who is a pastor that gets his money relatively easy too.
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
We will pay them with their own coins when the time reach.
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
grin
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by gurnam: 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
All these conspiracies theories you guys are spewing would not help a Minister accused of mountainous corruption hanging her neck to be left off...

Let her answer the charges with the authorities concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by gurnam: 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
gboss4sure: We will pay them with their own coins when the time reach.

Please do with all pleasure and all the arsenal in your armory

1 Like

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by russellino: 5:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
gurnam: All these conspiracies theories you guys are spewing would not help a Minister accused of mountainous corruption hanging her neck to be left off...

As far as I am concerned nobody has been able to clearly say what oduah's crime actually is
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by SamIkenna: 5:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
gurnam: All these conspiracies theories you guys are spewing would not help a Minister accused of mountainous corruption hanging her neck to be left off...

Is she getting that now? Be honest. If you were treated as a guilty criminal by a section of the nation even when you're on an international engagement would you not be offended? Would you not be shocked if your kinsmen didnt speak on your behalf?

I would be a fool to think any person in govt was a saint but what the consumers of Lagos media and their paymsters are doing is shameful. I can't find any other reason than pure witch-hunt. As a matter of conviction at this moment I feel that any Igbo who sheds tears on this issue must be insane. The right thing to do is for our people to engage in pull-me-down I pull-you-down syndrome that many of our so-called southern brothers are always doing. Maybe when we all get sick of destroying eachother we would call a time-out or better yet, go our different ways. Is any one still wondering why Nigeria is a mess? Is any person still in doubt why Nigeria never walked since the end of civil war when booties were shared?

over 60% of aviation workers and stakeholders are from SW, think about it and if you're in doubt check stats. The hub of aviation is in Lagos while the rest of us eat chaff yet we have not destroyed anybody. Since the end of the civil war you guys have had the lion share on any concievable thing worth sharing in Nigeria, tell me if I'm lying. Why can't Easterners get a breather for God's sake. If a section of the country takes all positions in a sector and the time for triming comes where do you think the trimmer will go? who do you think will be on the chopping block more? is it the new employee or the old man that's been there since eon?

Its just like the north crying about the massive retirement of their military boys and i wonder if its me that should retire when I havent even served. When my people are just getting employed, Haba! Common people who should we fire? the 10 Easterners that just got the job or the 1000 SW that have been there since 1970?

We're not blind you know. If this new low is how the game is played then I say let it begin.

10 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
Utter bullocks!

The whole write-up is shallow, intellectually deficient and more of the victim/blame game based on ethnic affiliation that we're used to. Anyway, this is Nigeria and I'm not surprised.

Thank God for the internet and nairaland. It seems a lot of people are starting to show their true colours and the anonymity has provided a platform for people to express bottled-up emotions. Everyone's getting the real picture now.

However, I would say this: how come a particular section of the country is always quick to throw the tribal-card and tribal-tantrum whenever there's an issue relating to people from their section of the country? I know certain people play the religious-card a lot, but the tribal thing is just counter-productive since that particular section is the only section that can't do without the rest of the country. You might win now, but on the long-run, its counter-productive. I believe there's an awareness/consciousness now among the other groups - and when shyte hits the fan, you would be on your own.

25 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 30, 2013
Some would argue that if the minister had 'fessed up and stepped aside immediately the scandal blew up, the "Lagos media" wouldn't have been able to string it out for this long. By brazenly ignoring a cardinal rule of crisis management, in politics, the minister in question not only demonstrated the contempt she ascribes to public opinion but also our law making authorities.

I am afraid the polemic presented just doesn't cut it.

Aviation Minister Bought Six, Not Two Bulletproof Cars, Investigation Group Alleges

A group known as Investigative Reporters In Aviation (IRA) has come out with yet another bombshell on the wanton looting of the nation’s financial resources by the Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, and her disorganization of the entire aviation sector.

Speaking for the group, Mazi Kanayo Ochei, and Kenneth Uti President and Secretary respectively, said their investigations reveal that in addition to the two cars she forced the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) to purchase for her, she also forced the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) and the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) to buy two each of the same brand of cars.

“I don’t understand why Nigerian media are shouting about NCAA alone, when a total of six bulletproof cars were actually purchased by the Minister on the bill of three aviation agencies,” they said.

“Our work as IRA revealed that while Nnamdi Udoh of NAMA bought two BMW, Joyce Nkemakolam (Acting DG) of NCAA bought two BMW, and Mr. Uresi George of FAAN bought two bullet-proof American specs limousine for the Minister of Aviation.”

They further stated that all the purchases were made from Coscharis Motors and cannot be denied.

“If Nigerians really know the magnitude of the rot in the Aviation Industry as at this moment, they will carry placards against this administration,” the IRA officials said, noting that the FAAN is heading for bankruptcy, with the MD on the verge of taking a bank loan to pay workers’ salaries last month.

“The only option left for FAAN now is to begin to use part of their statutory remittance to Federation Account to offset their bills.”

On the part of NAMA, the IRA described it as being in disarray, that nobody seems to know what is going on and that the workers have completely lost confidence in the Management. They noted that members of the NAMA staff have threatened on several occasions in the recent past to embark on industrial action based on poor conditions of service and heaps of unpaid allowances.

“IRA further wants EFCC to call Coscharis Motors for questioning on the six cars purchased by the Minister so as to get to the root of this issue,” they said.

It would be recalled that on October 19, the Director-General of the NCAA, Capt. Fola Akinkuotu, told a press conference in Abuja that the Federal Government was hunting for the whistleblower who leaked the story of the two scandalous armoured cars the agency bought for Mrs. Oduah at a cost of N225m.

On October 21, SaharaReporters further reported that NAMA had also purchased four Toyota Tundra vehicles for Mrs. Oduah in addition to four stretch limousine cars that were said to have been bought for the transportation of VIPs to the Ministry.

In a statement, Supo Atobatele, the General Manager of NAMA, attacked the report as “frivolous, malicious and mischievous.”

“We hereby make it categorically clear to the unsuspecting public that this evil story as being promoted, is patently false in its entirety and calculated to put the agency and the office of the minister into disrepute,” he said.

IRA has called on President Jonathan to recognize that only a level-headed, matured and patriotic Minister can help Nigerian Aviation industry, “not a self-seeking, corrupt and proud person like Stella Oduah.”

Furthermore, the group said, “We also want to advise the newly confirmed Director-General of NCAA Fola Akinkotun to stop defending what he knows practically nothing about, while we sympathize with his position, we advise him to stop making any further reckless press statement in any futile attempt at defending those who all Nigerians know how they ganged up to prevent him from taking up the position of the DG NCAA for almost 5 months after he was chosen by President Jonathan.”

This morning, George Uresi, the chief executive officer of the FAAN admitted to a hearing of the Senate Aviation Committee that the agency indeed bought four bullet proof cars for Ms. Oduah at N70 million each.

Source
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by SamIkenna: 6:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
I guess it would've been fine if we kept quiet in face of mounting evidence of sectional gang-up. And for people who think we need anyone in Nigeria I say - shut it up once and for all. We left you guys didnt we? what did we get? 20% of our population killed to force us back into this hell-hole, so who needs who. We don't need nothing from any section of this country. Is a joke when some not so-smart people use the help of their international criminal world powers to force a budding nation into a colossal mess and appropriate all the national assets and put them in their back-yard. The same people turn around and say why do you come to our region, why do you need us, and other garbage they spew. Negro why wont I be in your region when you've taken everything.

I put it in a plain language - We don't need any jack from any place. When you guys are ready lets cut this BS into a million pieces so peace can reign. I'm sick of treating people with so much decency yet can't recieve same in return. Oduah is getting the amount of heat she's getting simply because some felt she stepped on their toes - simple and short. All Nigerian politicians are criminals, be they Igbo or Hausa. I would appreciate if my own 'criminal' recieves the same treatment yours recieves. Who didn't read what Fani wrote about employing his people? How many papers brought it up? But as soon as he pens his usual "Igbo is enemy" rants Osun defender would rather die than miss it, Punch and vanguard would rather burn than not publish it.

Tell me why Fani has not been questioned? Tell me why the billions Nigeria lost under Fani is not been called to question. But as soon as 'Agagu corpse' fell of the sky, Oh! it must be Stella. Lets kill her! Fani went beserk - sack her! sack her! But guess what? the fault turns out not to be Oduah's. Plane's captain caused it but no! they dont want to hear that. Its either Stella's head is used to appease Agagu or nothing is acceptable. We know the game and its either it stops here or I say lets play for the next 100 yrs and see what will become of Nigeria.

And if you don't like us go to the conference and vote us out. Lets stop pretending. Its either we're fair to all or we call it an open season.

26 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Demdem(m): 6:42pm On Oct 30, 2013
eGuerrilla: Some would argue that if the minister had 'fessed up and stepped aside immediately the scandal blew up, the "Lagos media" wouldn't have been able to string it out for this long. By brazenly ignoring a cardinal rule of crisis management, in politics, the minister in question not only demonstrated the contempt she ascribes to public opinion but also our law making authorities.

I am afraid the polemic presented just doesn't cut it.

Source

Av always known the woman to be a criminal but never knew it was this bad.

2 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
As usual, the OP is chasing shadows!

Stella has a chance to defend her self, she's just not doing that. Pray tell, how long does it take to address the media?

1. Let Stella present a copy of the budget where funds were appropriated for this car. That's not difficult to do and I don't see how the Lagos Media ( a convenient concoction considering the ownership structure of those media outlets) is preventing her from doing so. In fact, she can publish it in the so called Lagos media to shut them up.

2.Let Stella tell us N255 million is within her approval limit as a minister without input from the Federal Executive Council. The last time I checked, the approval limit was pegged at N100 million. She should publish or republish the excerpts where this contract was advertised for bidders. How are Yorubas preventing her from doing this?

3. Perhaps Stella should tell us why the Bureau of Public Enterprise is not aware of this transaction. I guess the Lagos media and the Yorubas instructed Stella to jettison due process.

4.Stella claimed, as justification for the purchase, that her life was under imminent threat. Did she file a police report and did police recommend purchase of such car to enhance her protection/security? Why is she not using this car? Is she now more secured without these cars?

5. For a minister that claimed security justification for this purchase, why would Coscharis have to lie to NSA that the car was meant for Lagos state government? Why ? It should have been a straight forward case of Mrs Oduah's life is under threat, so we are buying this car for her. No be so? Perhaps the Yoruba and the so called Lagos media instructed Coscharis to follow that route.

6. Now juxtaposed all these with contradicting justification offered by NCAA that the vehicles were purchased to convey foreign dignitaries. When did that tradition start? Is it the the job of NCAA to receive foreign dignitaries or the ministry of foreign affairs? So if NCAA is buying an armored car for foreign dignitaries, why can't the agency apply to NSA for security clearance, why did they have to link Lagos government to this? And who's overseeing NCAA, who gave the final approval for this? Lagos Media? Yorubas? Or Stella Oduah?

7. Mazi Ikenna, who should we believe now-Mrs Oduah or NCAA?

Rather than inventing non existent anti-Igbo conspiracies, you should tell Oduah to come out of her hiding and defend herself.
Mazi, if I were the one so accused of misappropriation, I would take the following steps:

1. Publish my ministry budget for the year and put special emphasis where the item is listed.
2. Publish documents that show the deal follow due process
3.I would offer to step down for three weeks to allow EFCC to investigate any allegations of wrong doing.

What's not clear to bigots like you is that Stella's replacement won't be Yoruba, Hausa or whatever. Her replacement ll come from her state. So really, I don't see how Stella's sack will butter the bread of Yorubas or Hausas. When Barth Nnaji was forced to resign, did Yoruba take his job? Who was nominated to replace him? Another man from the East. When Festus odimegwu was forced to resign because of his talkative nature, who is there in acting capacity now? Yoruba or Hausa?

We all know there is excessive tribalism in Nigeria. But it's a new low to invent bigotry to defend a clear case of conflict of interest, cronyism and criminal abuse of office. Tell Oduah to take responsibility for her irresponsibility.

PS:
If Lagos media is giving her problem, Enugu media can as well help her answer these questions.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
Sam_Ikenna: I guess it would've been fine if we kept quiet in face of mounting evidence of sectional gang-up. And for people who think we need anyone in Nigeria I say - shut it up once and for all. We left you guys didnt we? what did we get? 20% of our population killed to force us back into this hell-hole, so who needs who. We don't need nothing from any section of this country. Is a joke when some not so-smart people use the help of their international criminal world powers to force a budding nation into a colossal mess and appropriate all the national assets and put them in their back-yard. The same people turn around and say why do you come to our region, why do you need us, and other garbage they spew. Negro why wont I be in your region when you've taken everything.

I put it in a plain language - We don't need any jack from any place. When you guys are ready lets cut this BS into a million pieces so peace can reign. I'm sick of treating people with so much decency yet can't recieve same in return. Oduah is getting the amount of heat she's getting simply because some felt she stepped on their toes - simple and short. All Nigerian politicians are criminals, be they Igbo or Hausa. I would appreciate if my own 'criminal' recieves the same treatment yours recieves. Who didn't read what Fani wrote about employing his people? How many papers brought it up? But as soon as he pens his usual "Igbo is enemy" rants Osun defender would rather die than miss it, Punch and vanguard would rather burn than not publish it.

Tell me why Fani has not been questioned? Tell me why the billions Nigeria lost under Fani is not been called to question. But as soon as 'Agagu corpse' fell of the sky, Oh! it must be Stella. Lets kill her! Fani went beserk - sack her! sack her! But guess what? the fault turns out not to be Oduah's. Plane's captain caused it but no! they dont want to hear that. Its either Stella's head is used to appease Agagu or nothing is acceptable. We know the game and its either it stops here or I say lets play for the next 100 yrs and see what will become of Nigeria.

And if you don't like us go to the conference and vote us out. Lets stop pretending. Its either we're fair to all or we call it an open season.

The only victims in this case are the Nigerian people. Not Stella Oduah, not Ndigbo
If you have information about Yoruba thieves in government bring it out like Sahara reporters did. We will join hands with you in asking for their prosecution.

4 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
Aigbofa:

The only victims in this case are the Nigerian people. Not Stella Oduah, not Ndigbo
If you have information about Yoruba thieves in government bring it out like Sahara reporters did. We will join hands with you in asking for their prosecution.

Simple as abc.

3 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by IGBOSON1: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
shymexx: Utter bullocks!

The whole write-up is shallow, intellectually deficient and more of the victim/blame game based on ethnic affiliation that we're used to. Anyway, this is Nigeria and I'm not surprised.

Thank God for the internet and nairaland. It seems a lot of people are starting to show their true colours and the anonymity has provided a platform for people to express bottled-up emotions. Everyone's getting the real picture now.

However, I would say this: how come a particular section of the country is always quick to throw the tribal-card and tribal-tantrum whenever there's an issue relating to people from their section of the country? I know certain people play the religious-card a lot, but the tribal thing is just counter-productive since that particular section is the only section that can't do without the rest of the country. You might win now, but on the long-run, its counter-productive. I believe there's an awareness/consciousness now among the other groups - and when shyte hits the fan, you would be on your own.

^^^At bolded: you've just described this infantile post of yours i have the displeasure of quoting!
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by IGBOSON1: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
Sam_Ikenna: I guess it would've been fine if we kept quiet in face of mounting evidence of sectional gang-up. And for people who think we need anyone in Nigeria I say - shut it up once and for all. We left you guys didnt we? what did we get? 20% of our population killed to force us back into this hell-hole, so who needs who. We don't need nothing from any section of this country. Is a joke when some not so-smart people use the help of their international criminal world powers to force a budding nation into a colossal mess and appropriate all the national assets and put them in their back-yard. The same people turn around and say why do you come to our region, why do you need us, and other garbage they spew. Negro why wont I be in your region when you've taken everything.

^^^I love your way of thinking! It's like you have a mirror into my mind!
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by TechWalker007: 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
And the Yorobah stooges and agberos jumped into the thread and

1. IGNORED the op's quote and source of witch-hunting that was declared several months ago.
2. They continued the witch-hunting
3. They are showing us in practice what the op pointed out in theory.
4. Yorobah is now officially worse than the Hawusah man.

My only advice for them, remember when you get to the top by pulling down everyone else, you may not live long enough to remain at the top.

3 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by madamoringo(f): 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2013
These useless things again are still crying? This is why when you kill a snake, you make sure you cut off it's head and give no chance for any offsprings! Nigeria should have cut off the head completely 40+ years ago!

2 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by chieflowo: 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2013
I used to think that this ibo boy called ikenna get sensé but he has proven to be like his kindred. Oma se o.
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by cjrane: 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
[size=16pt]Those shameless tribalists at Premium times,Sahara report and Osun Defenfers can write their junk journalism. Who reads their crap these days anyway?

Unlike what they had us believe initially, We now know reputable Nigerian banks were involved in the process, Car dealers in Nigeria were invited to bid for the type of equipment sought and a winner who had the capacity to supply such specialized vehicles emerged and a lease financing option was agreed upon. First down payment was made and the vehicles were ordered by the dealer and delivered to NCAA.

It is a shame how low some people can go in their calumny against the Honorable Minister of Aviation!

Shame on you!

[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by pomporiking: 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
Obama is an alien bent on stealing the world's supply of classic transfomer figures

1 Like

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by PointB: 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
Op is spot on.

We are not unawares of threats made in the past to fight the Aviation Minister to a standstill and we are not also unaware of the role Yorubas through the media have played up till now. Well, some of those were allowed to fly because other groups simply had too many things to worry about and simply allow the Yorubas to dictate the news space. However, this is 2013, and the media is no longer controled by the print; the cyber plays a critical role.

Stella Oduah 'crimes' keeps multiplying in the eyes and ears of the malicious Yorubas propaganda, yet no one is willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and space to defend herself. They want her out as fast as possible, exposing the hatred and bias in them as a consequence. Well, we shall stick to her, and make it politically toxic even for her to be removed. Yorubas must learn to accept that they are not the only tribe in Nigeria. Their ethnic gang-up against the aviation minister must be call what it is - Tribalism .

The Aviation Minister has committed no crime as yet, calling for her head is simply stretching their scheming and hatred too far. Only this time around it wont work - the other groups have woken up from the slumber. It's now game on!

10 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by FreeGlobe(f): 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
ANY IGBO PERSON STILL PATRONIZING PUNCH NEWSPAPERS AND PREMIUM TIMES IS FOOLISH!!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by gbanikiti(m): 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
Why is she ignoring the calls made to her to defend the purchase of the vehicles? The more she runs away from facing probe panel,the more she makes things difficult for her.
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by FreeGlobe(f): 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
To understand that this matter is beyond ordinary, I ask, who is sponsoring the Google Ads against Stella oduah, calling her a vampire minister in the adverts? is it the massess? They can go any length but this time around, we dey kampe!

1 Like

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by pomporiking: 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ad
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
TechWalker007: And the Yorobah stooges and agberos jumped into the thread and

1. IGNORED the op's quote and source of witch-hunting that was declared several months ago.
2. They continued the witch-hunting
3. They are showing us in practice what the op pointed out in theory.
4. Yorobah is now officially worse than the Hawusah man.

My only advice for them, remember when you get to the top by pulling down everyone else, you may not live long enough to remain at the top.
Dats y am just laughing at them, d funny thing I just noticed is that when d yoruba KARMA shall come, it shall hit them when they re at there peak, when there so called LAGOS is abt to get a global breakthrough.
PRIDE COMES BEFORE A FALL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Enemies Printing Buhari, My Posters For 2015 – Amaechi / Fulani Herdsmen: Okorocha Appeals To Buhari To Intervene / How Nigeria's Economic Recession Is Affecting West Africa - ECOWAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.