Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,046 members, 7,814,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs (13266 Views)

Beware Not All Change Is Positive / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Katsumoto: 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
Sam_Ikenna:

The embolded are wild accusations and you should be better than that. However, on other points you raised that are relevant to Oduah's case I would say that I have no verifiable facts to reach any conclusions and that, my friend, is the crux of the matter. We dont have facts, all we have is Sahara said this, kinsman said that. We should not absolve or condem until our justice system makes a pronouncement. How hard is that? I ask that you go and check punch news since this Oduah thing came to light and tell me if what they're doing is remotely professional.

Like I said, I don't have any verifiable facts on Oduah but if you do then furnish us with them. I will not join the unholy noise to destroy someone until the person is found guilty. Go back and check my posts in NL you'll see that I've never advocated jungle prosecution, even to Boko Haram members, so I will not begin today. Thank you.

That is disgraceful on your part.

You didn't seek the facts but you chose to take yourself and some others on a journey through conspiracy theories.

The part in bold are not wild accusations; they are present realities. Igbo people have been defending oduah en-mass save for a small minority.

The most vicious villifications of Bunmi Etteh, Bode George, Awoniyi, Bankole came from the SW press and people; do you know why, because most folks from the SW will not defend someone who has been found to be guilty. Some folks are so guilty that you don't need a court conviction to determine their guilt.

In civilized societies, people who are found to be embroiled in scandals, step aside to clear their names.

For the evidence you seek, go and read the transcripts of Oduah's grilling at the NASS.

To be honest, I am shocked at your displays.

8 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Katsumoto: 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
@ Sam_Ikenna

Offense 4: The high interest rate Nigeria is paying for her corruption.

'The financing bank, First Bank of Nigeria Plc, denied the claim by the NCAA that the cars were bought under a lease agreement, insisting that the NCAA requested for loan to buy them.The bank said the NCAA actually wrote to the bank seeking loans to buy cars for its management staff and agreements were reached on how the loans would be paid back in 36 installments.The bank said the N643 million loan it granted NCAA attracts interest of N500 million within the 36 months life span. When put on the burner, the NCAA management agreed that it committed a big error in asking for the minister’s permission to buy cars in excess of what was approved for in the budget by parliament.
They also apologised to the House of Representatives for the sustained campaign on television programmes in which the agency has been telling Nigerians that the National Assembly approved purchase of the cars'

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/10/coscharis-sold-used-bulletproof-cars-to-ncaa-reps-allege/

1 Like

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by funnyx(m): 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
Sam_Ikenna:

The emboldened are wild accusations and you should be better than that. However, on other points you raised that are relevant to Oduah's case I would say that I have no verifiable facts to reach any conclusions and that, my friend, is the crux of the matter. We dont have facts, all we have is Sahara said this, kinsman said that. We should not absolve or condem until our justice system makes a pronouncement. How hard is that? I ask that you go and check punch news since this Oduah thing came to light and tell me if what they're doing is remotely professional.

Like I said, I don't have any verifiable facts on Oduah but if you do then furnish us with them. I will not join the unholy noise to destroy someone until the person is found guilty. Go back and check my posts in NL you'll see that I've never advocated jungle prosecution, even to Boko Haram members, so I will not begin today. Thank you.
Dude, seriously what is your point? You keep complaining about Lagos press and their unprofessional way of reporting the incident, please tell us what is professional. Should they have kept quiet and forget what type of biz they do which is reporting news simply because this case involves one untouchable princess?
Do you know what it means to be a public official? Public officials are subjected to public scrutiny so how do you expect stella's case to be different?
If you want to be a devil's advocate you should at least try to put your points forward with facts and precedence if there is any rather than mere conspiracy theories.
If the Lagos press has 'vilified' as you claim why is she not in prison by now? You want the press to keep mute about an issue that affect our commonwealth just to appeal to the emotions of people from her ethnic groups.
Please do the honourable by confirming what we already know that you and your ilk support corruption as long as the perpetrators are igbos, there is no need to beat about the bush.

2 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by SamIkenna: 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
Katsumoto:

That is disgraceful on your part.

You didn't seek the facts but you chose to take yourself and some others on a journey through conspiracy theories.

The part in bold are not wild accusations; they are present realities. Igbo people have been defending oduah en-mass save for a small minority.

The most vicious villifications of Bunmi Etteh, Bode George, Awoniyi, Bankole came from the SW press and people; do you know why, because most folks from the SW will not defend someone who has been found to be guilty. Some folks are so guilty that you don't need a court conviction to determine their guilt.

In civilized societies, people who are found to be embroiled in scandals, step aside to clear their names.

For the evidence you seek, go and read the transcripts of Oduah's grilling at the NASS.

To be honest, I am shocked at your displays.

Well bro, maybe we have different standards. It looks like yours is about pronouncing the accused guilty when you're not even privy to events that took place in your absence while mine is to have both sides of the story and weigh them objectively. Whatever is the case, I suspect that perhaps you have not seen an innocent person punished wrongly. We live in a modern world now so to say there's an offence that is so clear, especially in Nigeria politics, that we all should pronounce guilt before our courts look into it makes me wonder what happened to you.

You said Oduah is been grilled now and that I should get my facts from there and I say you're right. However, my question to you is - did you get yours before she was grilled? If the answer is no then why did you condem her before this time? If it is now that she's spilling the beans why then did you pronounce her guilty yesterday and the day before? That my friend is where we diverge. I want her to speak before I make conclusions but it seems you made yours before she spoke and my question is why? Tell us.

6 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
funnyx:
Please do the honourable by confirming what we already know that you and your ilk support corruption as long as the perpetrators are igbos, there is no need to beat about the bush.

Simple as abc
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by rosebowl01(m): 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
God bless you for these observations.

Katsumoto:

What is your opinion about her offenses?

Offense 1: Only the FEC can approve budgets in excess of 100 million. Her ministry spent in excess of 650 Million

Offense 2: Her ministry purchased used vehicles with a market value of 170k at 850k

Offense 3: The agency which purchased the cars are not in possession of the papers for the cars

When OBJ prosecuted his friend SM Awoniyi during the ID card scandal, how many Yoruba folks did you see up in arms? Did the Lagos media castigate OBJ for what he did? Did the Lagos media report it or not?

What was the position of the Lagos media when Bode George was accused of corruption? What about Patricia Etteh? How did the Lagos media react to these open and publicized cases of corruption?

The one thing we have learnt from this saga is that Igbo people openly support corruption as long as the corrupt person is Igbo. If the corrupt person isn't Igbo, then they start mouthing off about nepotism, meritocracy, etc

Lastly, please explain to us why her history with FFK or Babalkin is relevant to this scandal? Did they make her steal? Did they introduce Oduah to Coscharis? Did they drug her?

Please explain the relevance otherwise we know that you wrote these epistles simply because you condone corruption if committed by an Igbo person.

please excuse any errors.
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Katsumoto: 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
Sam_Ikenna:

Well bro, maybe we have different standards. It looks like yours is about pronouncing the accused guilty when you're not even privy to events that took place in your absence while mine is to have both sides of the story and weigh them objectively. Whatever is the case, I suspect that perhaps you have not seen an innocent person punished wrongly. We live in a modern world now so to say there's an offence that is so clear, especially in Nigeria politics, that we all should pronounce guilt before our courts look into it makes me wonder what happened to you.

You said Oduah is been grilled now and that I should get my facts from there and I say you're right. However, my question to you is - did you get yours before she was grilled? If the answer is no then why did you condem her before this time? If it is now that she's spilling the beans why then did you pronounce her guilty yesterday and the day before? That my friend is where we diverge. I want her to speak before I make conclusions but it seems you made yours before she spoke and my question is why? Tell us.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why are you backtracking?

Without waiting for the evidence which would have enabled you to form an informed decision, you proceeded to provide a conspiracy theory to establish innocence for Oduah. In a court of law, we don't necessarily trust the words of a criminal because a criminal will lie through the skin of its teeth to escape punishment. However, there was enough information to establish a case of fraud and misappropriation of funds against Oduah. You simply ignored that information, preferring to base your position on the a conspiracy theory that Oduah was being witch-hunted.

The grilling only confirmed that Oduah is guilty because she couldn't lie her way out of trouble. If the grilling resulted in a misunderstanding, then those who are calling for her head would have been wrong.

Like I said before, this case has proven that most Igbo people support corruption when it is committed by one of their own and also that most of you are the worst ethnic bigots in Nigeria. My words are harsh and I stand by them. Total budget was 240M but Oduah bought cars of 255M for herself alone and signed a contract that will result in Nigeria paying 600M. Is it her father's money?

And yes our values are different because I will never stand with a thief. You just made it clear to the world that you will stand with a thief if you are from the same ethnic group.

8 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by remarkD(m): 7:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
I and others whom have had a degree of respect for you in this section has also been disappointed time and time again, so its no biggy really since our identities are anonymous; at the topic, its like you do not get it, or are bluntly refusing to take a step back to allow objectivity and reason into your analysis...

but let me pose it as a simple direct question to you, drawn from your comment belowéabove:

Question:
Was Oduah's hand in the cookie jar?

(Note: I am not asking if she got caught or anything... but fraom the very first report from Sahara reporters and subsequently other news, is there without a doubt that Oduah dipped her hand into the cookie jar. If at all possible, be honest, please).

Katsumoto: This is rather shameful. I assumed the OP had a better head on his shoulders.

Regardless of whatever conspiracies may be flying around, there is enough evidence to suggest corruption on Oduah's part.

In normal situations, she would have resigned to clear her name.

Is Oduah the first official to be accused of corruption? Everyone knows most officials are corrupt but once you are caught with your hands in the cookie jar, you should not only lose your job but also go to prison.

Clearly one of the main issues with Nigeria is about differences in cultural practices. Apparently, in some cultures, excuses and conspiracy theories can be proposed to excuse stealing.

SMDH

If a priest is found to be stealing, should we ignore the theft simply because he is a man of God?
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Katsumoto: 7:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
remark D: I and others whom have had a degree of respect for you in this section has also been disappointed time and time again, so its no biggy really since our identities are anonymous; at the topic, its like you do not get it, or are bluntly refusing to take a step back to allow objectivity and reason into your analysis...

but let me pose it as a simple direct question to you, drawn from your comment belowéabove:

Question:
Was Oduah's hand in the cookie jar?

(Note: I am not asking if she got caught or anything... but fraom the very first report from Sahara reporters and subsequently other news, is there without a doubt that Oduah dipped her hand into the cookie jar. If at all possible, be honest, please).

Dude,

I don't give a rats ar.se for your respect. I came here not to earn anyone's respect but to debate issues. You lot have always resorted to ad hominem attacks in the past; so its no big deal.

You are asking me whether Oduah's hand was caught in the cookie jar? Are you without your senses?

Maybe you should ask whether it was her wrist, elbow, or entire torso that was in the cookie jar.

The blanket support from Ndigbo for Oduah proves that Ndigbo support stealing, fraud, and corruption as long as it is committed by an Igbo. QED

2 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Ngwakwe: 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
@Sam_Ikenna

It is stupidity to try pleasing anyone if your conviction is all for justice and fairness irrespective of whose ox is gored.

For your information, I have been here for more than five years and have also worked as a subordinate to South-westerners as well as having them as my assistants. There is an inbreed hypocrisy in most of them, Naptu2 and Kats inclusive if I am to judge by the events of last two weeks which I was forced to defend Oduah based on the available information from both the whistle blowers and several agencies of Aviation Ministry however, I decided to log off for a week until this very moment to allow me to hear her defence and that of her accomplices NCAA, FAAN and Coscharis before the various probe committees to avoid making the mistake of siding with a crime I cannot condone irrespective of who is involved.

Now, let me tell you the hypocrisy inherent in Naptu2 and Kats doctrines in this scandal. They various S/W media and their hypocritical bedfellows want to hit up the polity to force her resignation before she can even defend herself through daily propaganda and Lagos based media lynching knowing fully well that she can never be recalled even if she is vindicated after the probe.

Stella Oduah was previously accused of buying armoured cars for herself through NCAA whereas the purported documents before the public were showing a clear transaction of acquisition of assets by NCAA and secondly another propaganda was that she collected N120M as kickback from Coscaris. Haba, without evidence the Adults in Nairaland believe it, then again it changed to budget approval and other protocols. All these lynching propaganda have a sinister objective - Let's force her out before any hearing that is capable of exonerating her if any.

Now, let me clear some falsehood that were peddled here during my absent.

Falana requested for the information about the Armoured Cars bought for madam minister from NCAA invoking FOI and he was told that no such document exist. The reason for this reply was simply because the armoured vehicle were never for madam minister but are NCAA operations vehicle.

The issue of budgetry approval is not in question as the NASS can't understand the various paragraphs that supports that - too bad.

The last is the issue of approving a transaction above N100M, this is false as non of the armoured Cars have any payment up to that per annual according to the leasing agreement with First Bank as it will be spread over three years making the argument for those that understand budget implementation and spread null and void.

The summary of my sermon is, let's stop being overtly conscious of assigning motive and passing bias judgement in order to please whichever camp you openly or secretly protect.

4 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Katsumoto: 7:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When all else fails, blame others for your problems/self-inflicted wounds.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The brother of a thief is a thief.

Catcham, catcham, thief thief thief

Catcham, catcham, robber robber robber

Catcham, catcham, rogue rogue rogue

1 Like

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by SamIkenna: 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2013
Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why are you backtracking?

Without waiting for the evidence which would have enabled you to form an informed decision, you proceeded to provide a conspiracy theory to establish innocence for Oduah. In a court of law, we don't necessarily trust the words of a criminal because a criminal will lie through the skin of its teeth to escape punishment. However, there was enough information to establish a case of fraud and misappropriation of funds against Oduah. You simply ignored that information, preferring to base your position on the a conspiracy theory that Oduah was being witch-hunted.

The grilling only confirmed that Oduah is guilty because she couldn't lie her way out of trouble. If the grilling resulted in a misunderstanding, then those who are calling for her head would have been wrong.

Like I said before, this case has proven that most Igbo people support corruption when it is committed by one of their own and also that most of you are the worst ethnic bigots in Nigeria. My words are harsh and I stand by them. Total budget was 240M but Oduah bought cars of 255M for herself alone and signed a contract that will result in Nigeria paying 600M. Is it her father's money?

And yes our values are different because I will never stand with a thief. You just made it clear to the world that you will stand with a thief if you are from the same ethnic group.

Dude you sound angry. I'm not taking this issue personal I expect you to do so unless, perhaps, I'm asking for too much.

You're throwing comments like "In a court of law, we don't necessarily trust the words of a criminal because a criminal will lie through the skin of its teeth to escape punishment," carelessly like it means something. Take a step back and tell me if that's not how other people percieve Nigerians, if thats not how white Americans see blacks - they're 'criminals,' there words don't mean sh*t, dont trust them, and other blah blah blah.

The point is - if that's how you give people a chance to state their case then I feel sorry for whoever seeks justice under your powers. This has been my beef with the Lagos echo-chamber, which as it seems you have started following; why do you call someone who has not spoken a criminal, why is it easy for you to call her a thief and others who advocate due process criminals and whatnot? Its really insane. But you know what - I'll let you do your thing cause quite frankly my plate is full today and I dont have much time for people with fixated mindset and bigotry but are too quick to call others names.

Have a nice day.

4 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2013
This is what they called witch hunting!

wirinet: If you go through the chronology of events, lots of things do not add up.
1. On April 15, 2013, NCAA officially requested authorisation from the Federal Ministry of Aviation to procure 56 operational vehicles through lease financing.
2. On May 24, 2013, the response received from the various banks to the Expression of Interest to finance the 56 vehicles.
3. evaluation of the expression of interests was held on May 31, 2013 during which First Bank Plc, Union Bank Plc and Stanbic IBTC emerged most responsive
4. On june 10, 2013 the above three banks were invited to submit Financial Proposals. First bank emerged the highest responsive bidder.
5. Between June 20 and 25, 2013, invoices were received from various accredited motor vehicle dealers during which only Coscharis Motors Limited quoted for BMW Security Vehicles.
6. On June 28, 2013, NCAA Parastatal Tenders Board approved the selection of First Bank Ltd for the Lease Financing as well as Metropolitan Motor Vehicles and Coscharis for the supply of the vehicles. All necessary approvals were duly sought and obtained accordingly.
7. Between July 8, 2013 to August, 12, 2013 various meetings were held with First Bank Ltd, contract agreement was signed and necessary documentation executed.

Contradictions.
1. The armoured cars were cleared from tin can island ports on the 19 of June under the guise of lagos state to avoid paying custom duties.
how come the cars were already in Nigeria on 19th of june when it was on the 28th of june that the NCAA tenders board approved the purchases? when was the contract approved for coscharis to supply the cars. I thought they said the cars were custom build and cannot be bought off the shelf.
2. Mr Seyi Oyefeso, the first bank staff that oversaw the loans said that First Bank granted a loan facility of N643 million for purchase of assorted cars on the 21 of May. Meanwhile the minister said that the contract with first bank was signed on July 8. Mr Oyefeso was not aware of the lease facility involving armoured BMWs.

3. The cars presented to the national assembly commitee was were not the cars in question as the chasis number is different from the chasis number of the ones imported by coscharis. So where are the 2 $1.6 million BMW specialized armoured cars? At least Nigerians deserve to know what $800,000 cars look like. Also where are the papers for the cars? where are the custom papers? the registration papers? the insurance papers? the NSA clearance papers. Let's see something that the cars exist.
https://www.nairaland.com/1499503/stella-oduah-armoured-car-scandal/9#19218727
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by naptu2: 7:39pm On Oct 31, 2013
Hahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahaha

And nobody can address the issues in my post. They can only launch silly ad hominem attacks.
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by TerraCotta(m): 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
Katsumoto:

Dude,

I don't give a rats ar.se for your respect. I came here not to earn anyone's respect but to debate issues. You lot have always resorted to ad hominem attacks in the past; so its no big deal.

You are asking me whether Oduah's hand was caught in the cookie jar? Are you without your senses?

Maybe you should ask whether it was her wrist, elbow, or entire torso that was in the cookie jar.

The blanket support from Ndigbo for Oduah proves that Ndigbo support stealing, fraud, and corruption as long as it is committed by an Igbo. QED

Katsumoto--I don't think we have had much of an opportunity to interact in the past but you are one of the few thinkers on this site that I look forward to reading, alongside Jarus, Naptu2, Gbawe and Physics. It can be very difficult to maintain a sense of dignity and proper behavior in the face of constant provocation from tribalists, but it will never be okay to join them in filth-slinging; you'll only become as dirty as they are. There are several Igbo organizations and individuals (see here for a prominent example: http://saharareporters.tv/n255m-bmw-scandal-i-see-no-reason-stella-oduah-should-not-go-to-jail-ubani/) that have rightfully chastised Stella Oduah as a likely thief. She has shown today that she has no sensible defense for inflating prices and dodging taxes. We should be careful not to extend her crimes to people who happen to share her ethnic background.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Katsumoto: 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
Sam_Ikenna:

Dude you sound angry. I'm not taking this issue personal I expect you to do so unless, perhaps, I'm asking for too much.

You're throwing comments like "In a court of law, we don't necessarily trust the words of a criminal because a criminal will lie through the skin of its teeth to escape punishment," carelessly like it means something. Take a step back and tell me if that's not how other people percieve Nigerians, if thats not how white Americans see blacks - they're 'criminals,' there words don't mean sh*t, dont trust them, and other blah blah blah.

The point is - if that's how you give people a chance to state their case then I feel sorry for whoever seeks justice under your powers. This has been my beef with the Lagos echo-chamber, which as it seems you have started following; why do you call someone who has not spoken a criminal, why is it easy for you to call her a thief and others who advocate due process criminals and whatnot? Its really insane. But you know what - I'll let you do your thing cause quite frankly my plate is full today and I dont have much time for people with fixated mindset and bigotry but are too quick to call others names.

Have a nice day.

Cut out the sanctimonious BS. You started this thread to throw support for a thief who is from your ethnic group.

Now that you have been found out, you are sounding philosophical.

Don't run, please complete your conspiracy theory.

What we want to hear next is expert witness from a juju man, employed by FFK or Babalakin, who used jazz to make Oduah steal.

1 Like

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Katsumoto: 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2013
TerraCotta:

Katsumoto--I don't think we have had much of an opportunity to interact in the past but you are one of the few thinkers on this site that I look forward to reading, alongside Jarus, Naptu2, Gbawe and Physics. It can be very difficult to maintain a sense of dignity and proper behavior in the face of constant provocation from tribalists, but it will never be okay to join them in filth-slinging; you'll only become as dirty as they are. There are several Igbo organizations and institutions (see here for a prominent example: http://saharareporters.tv/n255m-bmw-scandal-i-see-no-reason-stella-oduah-should-not-go-to-jail-ubani/) that have rightfully chastised Stella Oduah as a likely thief. She has shown today that she has no sensible defense for inflating prices and dodging taxes. We should be careful not to extend her crimes to people who happen to share her ethnic background.

Thank you for your post.

However, given the huge number of voices in support for Oduah, those in opposition are a minority.

That is my position. When a majority says the same thing, then it must be true of them.

There is no mudslinging here; I only reached a conclusion based on the evidence.

I apologize if you are disappointed by my posts on this thread but corruption is killing Nigeria. And while I don't really care for Nigeria, I am riled up by corruption given the number of innocent people who die daily as a consequence of corruption. Please don't get me wrong; there are thieves from all over Nigeria. The decent to do is to call all caught thieves out regardless of whether you are from the same street, neighbourhood, state, region, country, continent or planet.
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by FreeGlobe(f): 7:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
I don't understand why you people wont ignore these bad belle swesterners that have become the police, the court, the judge and the prison.

2 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by madamoringo(f): 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
TerraCotta:

Katsumoto--I don't think we have had much of an opportunity to interact in the past but you are one of the few thinkers on this site that I look forward to reading, alongside Jarus, Naptu2, Gbawe and Physics. It can be very difficult to maintain a sense of dignity and proper behavior in the face of constant provocation from tribalists, but it will never be okay to join them in filth-slinging; you'll only become as dirty as they are. There are several Igbo organizations and institutions (see here for a prominent example: http://saharareporters.tv/n255m-bmw-scandal-i-see-no-reason-stella-oduah-should-not-go-to-jail-ubani/) that have rightfully chastised Stella Oduah as a likely thief. She has shown today that she has no sensible defense for inflating prices and dodging taxes. We should be careful not to extend her crimes to people who happen to share her ethnic background.

So you pointed out one Ibo group that chastised Odulah?? First, tell everyone YOUR OWN OPINION from the FACTS made available after the hearing so far? I hope you won't come back and say you are still waiting for evidence or some other facts because even now, every tuber of yam that has heard what is up with your Odulah already knows the truth but I will let you spill your guts first. In any case, an Ibo group that amount to only 0.001% of ibos out of 99.999 is a ridiculous minority and the character of Ibos is more completely and adequately represented by the huge majority who have supported Odulah so far. So do you still need some more evidence from Jupiter??

2 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by DerideGull(m): 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
Katsumoto: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When all else fails, blame others for your problems/self-inflicted wounds.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The brother of a thief is a thief.

Catcham, catcham, thief thief thief

Catcham, catcham, robber robber robber

Catcham, catcham, rogue rogue rogue

If one wrongly accuses a person of thievery, the accuser is the really thief. I have repeatedly asked loudmouthed bigots to give me the definition of corruption as it related to NCAA procurement of two BMW cars.
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by DerideGull(m): 7:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
madam_oringo:

So you pointed out one Ibo group that chastised Odulah?? First, tell everyone YOUR OWN OPINION from the FACTS made available after the hearing so far? I hope you won't come back and say you are still waiting for evidence or some other facts because even now, every tuber of yam that has heard what is up with your Odulah already knows the truth but I will let you spill your guts first. In any case, an Ibo group that amount to only 0.001% of ibos out of 99.999 is a ridiculous minority and the character of Ibos is more completely and adequately represented by the huge majority who have supported Odulah so far. So do you still need some more evidence from Jupiter??

Thieves tend to readily accuse other people of thievery. Could you studiously supply the definition of corruption and relate it the procurement of two BMR cars by NCAA for ministry of aviation?

1 Like

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Ngwakwe: 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
I can't understand this scrap you conjured below. What do you mean by Stella Oduah personally inflated the price?

Can you people for once stick to what facts we have in public domain after hearing from both the accused and the probe panel

When will these internet lynching mobs and hypocrites be objective?

TerraCotta:
[s]
Katsumoto--I don't think we have had much of an opportunity to interact in the past but you are one of the few thinkers on this site that I look forward to reading, alongside Jarus, Naptu2, Gbawe and Physics. It can be very difficult to maintain a sense of dignity and proper behavior in the face of constant provocation from tribalists, but it will never be okay to join them in filth-slinging; you'll only become as dirty as they are. There are several Igbo organizations and institutions (see here for a prominent example: http://saharareporters.tv/n255m-bmw-scandal-i-see-no-reason-stella-oduah-should-not-go-to-jail-ubani/) that have rightfully chastised Stella Oduah as a likely thief. She has shown today that she has no sensible defense for inflating prices and dodging taxes. We should be careful not to extend her crimes to people who happen to share her ethnic background.[/s]
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Katsumoto: 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
DerideGull:

If one wrongly accuses a person of thievery, the accuser is the really thief. I have repeatedly asked loudmouthed bigots to give me the definition of corruption as it related to NCAA procurement of two BMW cars.

Please go and have your snuff.

You can't read

You can't analyse issues properly

You can't comprehend

All you can do is to pontificate and obfuscate aimlessly.

Let me give you an explanation for a 7 year old

Your boss gave you 240N to buy bicycles. You spent 650N and entered into a loan with a money lender which will result in your boss paying 600N to repay 650N. The money lender and bicycle seller are your friends. So you cheat your boss out of 1,000N so that you and your friends can make a huge buck.

There is fraud, corruption, and misappropriation of funds in this case.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by DerideGull(m): 8:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
Katsumoto:

Please go and have your snuff.

You can't read

You can't analyse issues properly

You can't comprehend

All you can do is to pontificate and obfuscate aimlessly.

Let me give you an explanation for a 7 year old

Your boss gave you 240N to buy bicycles. You spent 650N and entered into a loan with a money lender which will result in your boss paying 600N to repay 650N. The money lender and bicycle seller are your friends. So you cheat your boss out of 1,000N so that you and your friends can make a huge buck.

There is fraud, corruption, and misappropriation of funds in this case.

The above conjecture is absolutely idiotic without reservations. I asked for definition of corruption and you could only come up with silly insinuations of roaster and bull fairy story. I guess you have lost handle on your daily schizophrenic pills.

1 Like

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by remarkD(m): 8:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
Mr. Kats, I asked you a simple, direct, metaphorical question ...

again: Did Stella Oduah steal?

Do you want me to believe that a neutral person can read the Sahara reporters article reproduced below:

(... still searching for the original article)
and conclude as you did, that the Minister is a thief?

Also, that whoever does not see it the way you do, chose to do so because of ethnic affiliations?

You should take back what you said. Take this statement back, that "The blanket support from Ndigbo for Oduah proves that Ndigbo support stealing, fraud, and corruption as long as it is committed by an Igbo. QED"

If you really understand the Igbos, you would not have made that comment.

Do you know the people that brought tribalism into this debate?

Again, can and will you be honest, Kats?

(I got to go, will be back in a couple hours or so....)
Katsumoto:
Dude,

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
remark D:
You should take back what you said. Take this statement back, that "The blanket support from Ndigbo for Oduah proves that Ndigbo support stealing, fraud, and corruption as long as it is committed by an Igbo. QED"

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/248947[/img]
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by superstar1(m): 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
DerideGull:

Thieves tend to readily accuse other people of thievery. Could you studiously supply the definition of corruption and relate it the procurement of two BMR cars by NCAA for ministry of aviation?

why is it that when any igbo person is in the eye of the storm, you bigots will be defining and re-defining terminologies, vocabularies etc.

what is the simple definition of corruption?

na wa o

1 Like

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by pazienza(m): 8:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
double post.
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by pazienza(m): 8:25pm On Oct 31, 2013
TerraCotta:

"We should be careful not to extend her CRIMES to people who happen to share her ethnic background"

Haha! yoruba treachery at work, you are yet to establish that she committed any crime, but you are already subtly brainwashing and conditioning the mind of the public to accept she committed crimes, even when you are yet to prove she committed any.

Chai! may Amadioha strike the people that put ndiigbo in the same country with this treacherous ethnic group.

2 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by TerraCotta(m): 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
madam_oringo:

So you pointed out one Ibo group that chastised Odulah?? First, tell everyone YOUR OWN OPINION from the FACTS made available after the hearing so far?

TerraCotta:
She has shown today that she has no sensible defense for inflating prices and dodging taxes.

That's my opinion. I'm not sure there's a question in the rest of your post.

Katsumoto:

I apologize if you are disappointed by my posts on this thread but corruption is killing Nigeria.

Not disappointed at all. You're entitled to your views and I don't think they're necessarily wrong--I do think they may be exaggerated though. In all honesty, the only reason I even logged in to read and respond is that you strike me as a man with a strong sense of integrity and I wanted to point out that Stella doesn't enjoy unanimous support from her ethnic group.
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by pazienza(m): 8:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
TerraCotta:

Jarus, kats,Gbawe,Physics,and Naptu are well known tribalists with anti-igbo leaning ,your failure to see that can only mean one thing: you are a tribalist like them. *grins*

1 Like

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Katsumoto: 8:34pm On Oct 31, 2013
remark D: Mr. Kats, I asked you a simple, direct, metaphorical question ...

again: Did Stella Oduah steal?

Do you want me to believe that a neutral person can read the Sahara reporters article reproduced below:

(... still searching for the original article)
and conclude as you did, that the Minister is a thief?

Also, that whoever does not see it the way you do, chose to do so because of ethnic affiliations?

Do you know the people that brought tribalism into this debate?

Again, can and will you be honest, Kats?

(I got to go, will be back in a couple hours or so....)

An Igbo minister was caught stealing. Everyone condemned her except a majority of Ndigbo. Not only did they not condemn her, they came out in full force threatening hail and brimstone both online and offline. Some even threatened to withdraw their support for the president in his re-election bid.

When a group of people throw support for one of their own who has been caught stealing, what do we call that? Isn't that ethnic jingoism?

Would you lot be supporting a Northerner or Western minister if they were the ones involved in the scandal?

If I don't take it back, what will/can you do?

Ndigbo support corruption as long as the perp is one of their own. I said it again.

What ever happened to the meritocracy that you lot shout about? Or your belief that its Northern and Western officials who steal?

There are thieves from all over Nigeria; stop supporting a thief just because she is one of you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Terminate Tinubu's Alpha Beta Service With Lagos State, ADP Tells Ambode / Amina Zakari: The Reason PDP Diverting APC – Senator Ndoma-egba / Military Recaptures More Towns From Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.