Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs (13270 Views)

Beware Not All Change Is Positive / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
naptu2:

This is the crazy part that I don't get. Someone is accused of stealing and rather than defending themselves, they are accusing others of stealing. What's that got to do with the fact that you are accused of stealing?

it goes to the intent of the accusers

tell me, someone stole $1000, and is scheming to steal $1000000 but is instead pointing accusing fingers at someone accused of stealing $10.
if you were smart, you would not bite that bait. you would step back and ask the right questions.

anyone going to the court of equity must come with clean hands, or he will be arrested first!
that is all we are saying... for those of you who are slow...

4 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
naptu2:

This is the crazy part that I don't get. Someone is accused of stealing and rather than defending themselves, they are accusing others of stealing. What's that got to do with the fact that you are accused of stealing?

Thanks, Sir. I honestly don't want you to get involved because I know how these people are when you go against their thought-process. They might start cursing you out and calling you a tribalist as well.

However, I'll say everything boils down to their innate psyche of always playing victim and thinking everyone's against them. I guess that's why their leaders always play the ethnic card whenever they come under scrutiny. Honestly, they're the same with the Northerners who like to play the religious-card - just two sides to the same coin.

2 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
shymexx:

Thanks, Sir. I honestly don't want you to get involved because I know how these people are when you go against their thought-process. They might start cursing you out and calling you a tribalist as well.

However, I'll say everything boils down to their innate psyche of always playing victim and thinking everyone's against them. I guess that's why their leaders always play the ethnic card whenever they come under scrutiny. Honestly, they're the same with the Northerners who like to play the religious-card - just two sides to the same coin.

nobody is playing victim here. even the op is only sending an alarm to fellow igbos, some of whom are being deceived by your serpentine tongues.
the op is actually saying that it is time we return your perfidy in kind.
thats all cool
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by nduchucks: 12:02am On Oct 31, 2013
Though I detect some hypocrisy on this thread, we must nonetheless call a spade a spade.

@Sam_Ikenna, what happened to you? I would have sworn that your position would be similar to that of the South-East and South-South Professionals Forum. At the rate you are going you will soon fall my hand o.
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 31, 2013
re@lchange:

nobody is playing victim here. even the op is only sending an alarm to fellow igbos, some of whom are being deceived by your serpentine tongues.
the op is actually saying that it is time we return your perfidy in kind.
thats all cool

If you think she was picked-on by the opposing group, why not fight back by picking on one of their own. Rather than crying everywhere trying to defend the indefensible? Honestly, you lot look ridiculously weak for a big ethnic group with the way you whine about everything group.

Even obnoxious street gangs don't cry about whenever one of their own is attacked. Complaining would make them look weak. Hence why they always re-group and fight about when they can hit a target. That's the most simplistic analogy that I can find.

2 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by DaLover(m): 12:24am On Oct 31, 2013
ndu_chucks: Though I detect some hypocrisy on this thread, we must nonetheless call a spade a spade.

@Sam_Ikenna, what happened to you? I would have sworn that your position would be similar to that of the South-East and South-South Professionals Forum. At the rate you are going you will soon fall my hand o.

If indeed he was erasing like that before, then his eyes are open now...
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 31, 2013
re@lchange:

did fani kayode publish any of these when he was in office and countless accusations of theft, profligacy and nepotism leveled against him?
if the answer is yes, then you are honest. if not, then you are nothing more than a bigot acting sincere.

1. Fani Kayode is actually under prosecution for allegations of misappropriation of funds. He's a known critic of both Stella oduah and Jonathan administration. So, it should be very easy, in fact easier than easy, to get materials (if any) to prosecute him to a logical conclusion. But it seems he's the one fighting for the prosecution to quickly conclude this exercise.

2. How does that help Stella Oduah? Ask Stella to tell NASS she's not the only thief in Nigeria and see if she'll receive a standing ovation.

A former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, has asked the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice Ibrahim Auta, to refuse an application made to him by a Lagos lawyer, Mr. Festus Keyamo, to transfer his trial to another judge.

In a letter written by his team of lawyers, Ifedayo Adedipe (SAN), and Olawale Akoni (SAN), Fani-Kayode said the reason given by Keyamo for the transfer of the case was baseless.

He said such transfer would be oppressive and was only aimed at keeping him on trial in perpetuity.

Keyamo had written to Auta asking him to transfer Fani-Kayode’s trial from Justice Rita Ofili-Ajumogobia because the prosecution felt humiliated by the inquiry of Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia’s as to the authority of Mr. Vitalis Ahaotu, to prosecute the accused person on behalf of the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF).

He said, Adedipe had observed in the course of the trial that the charge was signed by one M.S. Hassan, for and on behalf of the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

He said: “Since Vitalis Ahaotu is neither the AGF, nor the EFCC, it became expedient to inquire into his authority to prosecute the case.

“The court thereafter directed counsel on both sides to address it on the competence of Ahaotu to prosecute.

“Subsequently, the court ruled that Ahaotu cannot continue to appear in the matter until a fiat issued to him was produced.”

He said the court consequently directed Ahaotu to produce the fiat authorising to prosecute the case. “The court also asked the Registrar to write a letter to the AGF for clarification,” he said.

Fani-Kayode argued that a judge trying a case has the power to ask questions adding that, “this is a legitimate judicial function which can not be derogated by the sensitivity of counsel.”

The former minister told the Chief Judge that his trial started in 2008 and had journeyed all the way to the Supreme Court and back to the Federal High Court. He added that Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia was the third judge to handle the case and that if the case was transferred, a fourth judge would be asked to handle it.

He also pointed out that the fiat which Keyamo attached to the letter to Justice Auta showed that Keyamo’s had no fiat because the fiat he attached to the letter was dated June 27.

He said: “A charge cannot pre-date a fiat as it appears to be done in this case.

“Further, the fiat could not have been issued by Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN), for the simple reason that this matter commenced in 2008 and Adoke was not the sitting AGF at the time.

“The letter was signed on June 27, 2013. This simply means that the authority to prosecute, the fiat, was only issued on June 27, 2013.

“It suffices to say that all the actions of Festus Keyamo and Festus Keyamo Chambers in respect of this matter since 2008 have been carried out without lawful authority!”

He urged the CJ to discountenance Keyamo’s letter.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fani-kayode-opposes-keyamo-s-application-to-transfer-case/153031/

Now, do you want to blame Fani Kayode for the glaring incompetence of Jonathan administration to successfully prosecute him?

re@lchange:

is the other "Easterner" that replaced Nnaji better than Nnaji in that job? why must you people keep pulling down our best sons and daughters in office, and turn around to claim civilized?

Did the Yoruba and indeed other Nigerians ask Jonathan to appoint an incompetent fool as Nnaji's replacement? Blame GEJ for that.

10 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by DaLover(m): 12:38am On Oct 31, 2013
shymexx:

If you think she was picked-on by the opposing group, why not fight back by picking on one of their own. Rather than crying everywhere trying to defend the indefensible? Honestly, you lot look ridiculously weak for a big ethnic group with the way you whine about everything group.

Even obnoxious street gangs don't cry about whenever one of their own is attacked. Complaining would make them look weak. Hence why they always re-group and fight about when they can hit a target. That's the most simplistic analogy that I can find.

I think you are confusing issues,
The OP did not pronounce her innocent or guilty, but is wondering why she has been crucified by the media already....

Fortunately the media is controlled by the SW in this country, the OP did a good job of letting readers know that the issues relating to Stella are multidimensional and not black and white corruption...

Right now the modus operandi of the SW media is to go for your jugular whenever you cross Yoruba interest!
If you choose to remain under the radar, avoid stepping of Yoruba toes, the media will let you be, at best one or two minor reports about corruption issues and the case will be forgotten. This way even when she is replaced by the next Igbo minister, he/she will not overstep boundaries set by the Yoruba interest groups

The OP said it very clearly, all corruption cases have to be treated equally, the emphasis of this post is to open eyes to the underlying currents and help people make better decisions.

The above strategy amounts to intimidation and actually tears the society apart

2 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by DaLover(m): 12:43am On Oct 31, 2013
Prof Corruption:

1. Fani Kayode is actually under prosecution for allegations of misappropriation of funds. He's a known critic of both Stella oduah and Jonathan administration. So, it should be very easy, in fact easier than easy, to get materials (if any) to prosecute him to a logical conclusion. But it seems he's the one fighting for the prosecution to quickly conclude this exercise.

2. How does that help Stella Oduah? Ask Stella to tell NASS she's not the only thief in Nigeria and see if she'll receive a standing ovation.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fani-kayode-opposes-keyamo-s-application-to-transfer-case/153031/

Now, do you want to blame Fani Kayode for the glaring incompetence of Jonathan administration to successfully prosecute him?

Did the Yoruba and indeed other Nigerians ask Jonathan to appoint an incompetent fool as Nnaji's replacement? Blame GEJ for that.

Prof, I would like to know if the press crucified FFK b4 he went to court?, did his case involving a much larger value, I believe , attract so much attention?
I don't think so

1 Like

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by remarkD(m): 2:20am On Oct 31, 2013
Listen, I don't know which part of Nigeria you are from, it at all, but one thing is I know is that this comment you made came from a head, flat, round, triangular, or even shapeless that has a well-functioning brain inside it.

I am, therefore,subsequently sure that you can understand the reason a lot of comments in response to that of the OP. are along the trajectory they're on: - those whose eyes are clogged with tribalism and bigotry will see tribalism and bigotry all the time...

Not to mention when such people have been at it for years, and have really mastered the "art" together with treachery and deceit.

From the very first article on the issue posted by wahala reporters, they swamped on it like flies rushing to feast on vomit, and right of the back, blackmailed anyone and all that tried to point out the flaws and silliness of the whole report.

Any poster that came and read the article, and saw that things didn't add up.... (that Oodua was not directly linked to the purchases in what the reporter wrote) was immediately accused of "defending her because she is Igbo - (and you are Igbo too)"...
and then called tribalists supporting corruption etc.... and then more long epistles come, everyone of them has justice on his mind, the rule of law all of a sudden is their watch word.... and she is called a theif from the get go....

no matter how much explanation is given them, they're not interested to see the facts and carefully consider it, but they want to start from the premise that she is a thief before anything else is said... she is a thief because wahala reporters said so.... another of them cited Zik as an example; that he was "accused of corruption"... and therefore not deemed trustworthy.... (didn't care if it was true or not... only an accusation is what is needed according to their holy justice laws... ).

I just hope and pray that Igbos wake up and stop allowing liars to keep going unchallenged in matters that concern them. Their judgement is with God, but they still can not and should not be be deceived by falseoily prophets.
DaLover:

The OP did not pronounce her innocent or guilty, but is wondering why she has been crucified by the media already....

Fortunately the media is controlled by the SW in this country, the OP did a good job of letting readers know that the issues relating to Stella are multidimensional and not black and white corruption...

Right now the modus operandi of the SW media is to go for your jugular whenever you cross Yoruba interest!
If you choose to remain under the radar, avoid stepping of Yoruba toes, the media will let you be, at best one or two minor reports about corruption issues and the case will be forgotten. This way even when she is replaced by the next Igbo minister, he/she will not overstep boundaries set by the Yoruba interest groups

The OP said it very clearly, all corruption cases have to be treated equally, the emphasis of this post is to open eyes to the underlying currents and help people make better decisions.

2 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Delafruita(m): 4:57am On Oct 31, 2013
re@lchange:

tell me, someone stole $1000, and is scheming to steal $1000000 but is instead pointing accusing fingers at someone accused of stealing $10.
if you were smart, you would not bite that bait. you would step back and ask the right questions.

anyone going to the court of equity must come with clean hands, or he will be arrested first!
first question here is "who is the accusser?"

I would not want to believe that there are people who perceive themselves to be intellifent but still exhibit the highest form of ignorance.a person is caught with hands in the till and his kinsfolk decide to play the "everybody does it" card.oduah broke the "do not get caught" rule and now there is no room to wriggle out.
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Delafruita(m): 5:38am On Oct 31, 2013
DaLover:

Prof, I would like to know if the press crucified FFK b4 he went to court?, did his case involving a much larger value, I believe , attract so much attention?
I don't think so
this is the height of buffonery.who cares how villified a person is by the press?was tafa balogun not villified by the press?patricia olubunmi etteh had not even benefitted from the contract the booted her out of office but the reality was the contract had been awarded and nobody gave a hoot that the money had not been appropiated.planning and conniving to loot is no different from the looting iself.you say oduah is been villified by the press but you fail to state the fact that never in this country have we been served an insensitivity so brazen especially in a ministry with a very high priority.how many planes have dropped or almost dropped since oduah became minister?reforming the aviation sector is more than fancy buildings and cool paintings.i couldnt for the life of me fathom why she sought to remove harold demuren.and then nigerians hear that the minister of a ministry that has been complaining of paucity of funds expends 255million on 2cars and you're complaining of media villification?you've got to be high on ghana root

3 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by naptu2: 6:13am On Oct 31, 2013
re@lchange:

So you are saying that Sahara Reporters (who broke the story) stole money?

This is just like a situation where an armed robber breaks into your house and is eventually arrested by the police. He is taken to court and he tells the judge that he should be set free because there are other armed robbers in Nigeria and they've not been arrested. You need to arrest all the armed robbers in Nigeria before you can arrest him. Does that make sense to you?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 31, 2013
ndu_chucks: Though I detect some hypocrisy on this thread, we must nonetheless call a spade a spade.

Bro! Its a matter of time before every igbo person starts to understand the dynamics of nigerian politics. His eyes are opening. He has tried to be nationalistic in his views on nigeria politics, but, he is now understanding that nigeria is never and can never be like american politics.

With time all our igbo brother like abagworo, if at all their igbos will realize that you can never be nationalistic in nigeria, never and never. Time will tell.
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by otokx(m): 7:02am On Oct 31, 2013
FreeGlobe: ANY IGBO PERSON STILL PATRONIZING PUNCH NEWSPAPERS AND PREMIUM TIMES IS FOOLISH!!!!!!

Please let them patronize orji uzor kalus SUN newspapers.
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 31, 2013
donchris33: Bro! Its a matter of time before every igbo person starts to understand the dynamics of nigerian politics. His eyes are opening. He has tried to be nationalistic in his views on nigeria politics, but, he is now understanding that nigeria is never and can never be like american politics.

With time all our igbo brother like abagworo, if at all their igbos will realize that you can never be nationalistic in nigeria, never and never. Time will tell.
I dunno for them o, how hard does it take sm ppl to knw dat smppl re planning sth funny, they don't want stella oduah to be given fair hearing all they want is her sac, anybodi that can just go to Agagu's case, that's how they said she shud resign after d crash, that she is incompetent, and der followers we're saying, it developed countries she wud have resigned, later after investigation it turned out that it wasn't her fault.
To show u ppl if der is a conspiracy smwer, go to this sahara reporters, u wud discover dat in just 1week they have posted dz Armored car story with different views more than 20times, in dz same sahara reporters they went and was snapping an uncompleted porject in MMIA and the yoruba's commenting were saying she must be sacked, that she is incompetent.
U can fool sm illiterates up north, but u anybodi in d south, I thankGod even d ppl of d southsouth knows abt all dz ur LIES, with the way u ppl re going, very soon ppl wud stop taking u ppl seriously, just as nowadays even if FAANI KAYODE says anything in d media even if its true they won't believe him or take him serious.

3 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 31, 2013
TechWalker007: It's high time we have SS/SE/MB media houses to do to SW what they are using Sahara desert squirrels and Punchless-ng and Osun amembo offender to do. You have to give them a portion of their soup.

And with the massive corruption in Lagos, there will be enough to feed a nation.
I thought you guys have the moon newspaper and its page three girls grin
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 31, 2013
DaLover:

Yes, the OP wasn't direct in his epistle, hence why I asserted that he said a lot without actually saying anything. However, there are enough hints in the whole write-up to affirm that he's playing the ethnic blame game - and trying hard to exonerate the accused - by blaming a section of the country that has absolutely nothing to do with the crime. Did the media ask her to steal? She committed the crime and she's on her own.

I still don't know how the SW controls the media. The website that broke the news (Sahara reporters) isn't a Yoruba website - almost all Nigerian ethnic groups are represented on the website. I'll even go as far as saying that there are more Igbo contributors on that website than Yoruba's. Heck, even the owner is Ijaw from Ondo state. I know this because Sahara reporters is the first Nigerian online news website I probably visited. And I used to be a regular on there. I remember vividly that the first time I saw the website was on BBC News during the Xmas pant bomber saga. Subsequently, I decided to start going there everyday to read news about Nigeria. So best believe that I know a lot about the website.

Alright, let's just agree (for the sake of it but I doubt it) that it's the Yoruba media that are after her. Are Igbo's not big enough to neutralise that by sending their own media hawks against the corrupt Yoruba elites rather than playing the victim/blame game and whining everywhere trying to defend the indefensible? In a game like this - you do tit-for-tit and not complain/whine. That's how the game goes. I'm sure ordinary Nigerians who don't benefit anything from the system would be happy if the elites from both sides can out/expose one another - and get punished for cheating the poor. The whole blame-game thing just makes them look weak. No one likes cry-babies and I'm sure people are getting bored of their antics now because of the ethnic colouration/dimension that they're adding to the whole thing.

Also, I've purposely ignored all the topics about the whole aviation thing since it started. I just came on this thread to see if the OP would write anything worth reading because a few posters have said positive things about him. However, I'm utterly disappointed in the junk he wrote, hence why I decided to say something. But I should re-activate the ignore button after I'm done with this thread. wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by SamIkenna: 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2013
A living breathing person deserves a chance to table his or her case, deserves a right to fair hearing, and must not be pronounced guilty until the justice system says so. Those above are essential ingredients without which a nation becomes a jungle. Lets ask this question - Did Punchng, Vanguard, Osun Defender, and other Lagos media echo chamber giver Oduah that? If not then why? You dont have to like me to ask yourself why, just do it.

There are things some folks don't easily get and that is - faceless online media is different from established News-outlets that physically exist and pay taxes to the state. Those established outlets give stories enough weight, and by and large majority of Nigerians who're between 45 and above and who really matter in the scheme of things as regards the affairs of this nation including many more who are working-poor get enough dose of their news from media houses. The Netizens are semi to full literate fellas between say - 15 and 45 and who, for all their braggadocio, are less inclined to street demonstration. Their job is only to stay indoor and incite the born-to-die/Almajiri.

So anyway what's my point - it is that, while I do not support any form of excess, I firmly believe we all deserve a fair legal and public prosecution devoid of any media intent, be it sectional or general, to muddy, bias, or overwhelm the public with facts and fiction in a bid to get an expected outcome regardless of the guilt or innocence of the accused. Any human that shares a contrary belief to the above needs a serious check upstairs.

My condemnation of Lagos media lynch group is because I've seen, with utter dismay, that they're irresponsibly throwing everything at Oduah with the hope that something sticks. This action is shameful and dangerous. The job of the media is bring the news and cover every side of the story. I would like anyone here to dare me and show a story from Punch, Vangaurd, Osun Defender, et al, where Oduah was given a fair presentation. Are we saying all these years Oduah's been working there is no one available to make a positive remark about her? Common!

What's going on is game wise folks know too well and that is - if you want to destroy a fellow first strip him of humanity by making him appear irredeemably dirty that no one, even his family, would have pity or any form of kinship with the accused. After the coast is clear pound on him - at this point the accused is guilty as charged - straight to jail.

For folks who say they thought I was detribalized, and this and that. Yes you bet I'm detribalized, at least to my knowledge I feel I am. But I would be a fool to deny the evident media gang-up against this woman. Let me make clear - I want Oduah to pay for her alleged crimes if they were true. If she enriched herself illegally using the state apparatus then the law must run its course. But until then, until the court says she stole from us I believe all detribalized men and women of honor should cross their arms and wait. To do different by trying to influence the outcome and expect Oduah's family, kinsmen, and well-wishers to not say a word is disingenuous and hypocritical - plain and simple.

8 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by warrior01: 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
Sam_Ikenna: A living breathing person deserves a chance to me table his or her case, deserves a right to fair hearing, and must not be pronounced guilty until the justice system says so. Those above are essential ingredients without which a nation becomes a jungle. Lets ask this question - Did Punchng, Vanguard, Osun Defender, and other Lagos media echo chamber giver Oduah that? If not then why? You dont have to like me to ask yourself why, just do it.

There are things some folks don't easily get and that is - faceless online media is different from established News-outlets that physically exist and pay taxes to the state. Those established outlets give stories enough weight, and by and large majority of Nigerians who're between 45 and above and who really matter in the scheme of things as regards the affairs of this nation including many more who are working-poor get enough dose of their news from media houses. The Netizens are semi to full literate fellas between say - 15 and 45 and who, for all their braggadocio, are less inclined to street demonstration. Their job is only to stay indoor and incite the born-to-die/Almajiri.

So anyway what's my point - it is that, while I do not support any form of excess, I firmly believe we all deserve a fair legal and public prosecution devoid of any media intent, be it sectional or general, to muddy, bias, or overwhelm the public with facts and fiction in a bid to get an expected outcome regardless of the guilt or innocence of the accused. Any human that shares a contrary belief to the above needs a serious check upstairs.

My condemnation of Lagos media lynch group is because I've seen, utter dismay, that they're irresponsibly throwing everything at Oduah with the hope that something sticks. This action is shameful and dangerous. The job of the media is bring the news and cover every side of the story. I would like anyone here to dare me and show a story from Punch, Vangaurd, Osun Defender, et al, where Oduah was given a fair presentation. Are we saying all these years Oduah's been working there is no one available to make a positive remark about her? Common!

What's going on is game wise folks know too well and that is - if you want to destroy a fellow first strip him of humanity by making him appear irredeemably dirty that no one, even his family, would have pity or any form of kinship with the accused. After the coast is clear pound on him - at this point the accused is guilty as charged - straight to jail.

For folks who say they thought I was detribalized, and this and that. Yes you bet I'm detribalized, at least to my knowledge I feel I am. But I would be a fool to deny the evident media gang-up against this woman. Let me make clear - I want Oduah to pay for her alleged crimes if they were true. If she enriched herself illegally using the state apparatus then the law must run its course. But until then, until the court says she stole from us I believe all detribalized men and women of honor should cross their arms and wait. To do different by trying to influence the outcome and expect Oduah's family, kinsmen, and well-wishers to not say a word is disingenuous and hypocritical - plain and simple.

Thank you
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by warrior01: 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
Sam_Ikenna: A living breathing person deserves a chance to me table his or her case, deserves a right to fair hearing, and must not be pronounced guilty until the justice system says so. Those above are essential ingredients without which a nation becomes a jungle. Lets ask this question - Did Punchng, Vanguard, Osun Defender, and other Lagos media echo chamber giver Oduah that? If not then why? You dont have to like me to ask yourself why, just do it.

My condemnation of Lagos media lynch group is because I've seen, utter dismay, that they're irresponsibly throwing everything at Oduah with the hope that something sticks. This action is shameful and dangerous. The job of the media is bring the news and cover every side of the story. I would like anyone here to dare me and show a story from Punch, Vangaurd, Osun Defender, et al, where Oduah was given a fair presentation. Are we saying all these years Oduah's been working there is no one available to make a positive remark about her? Common!

Thank you
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by pazienza(m): 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
Exactly. Force Stella out for stepping on Yoruba interest, get another Igbo to replace her so that people don't see it as ethnic motivated. This new Igbo person, haven seen the ordeal Oduah passed through, will not be too eager to step on Yoruba interest in the future. It's an old game the treacherous tribe from SW had mastered, any Igbo son not wise enough to see through this, deserves to be brought out in the open, and shot with a double barrel gun at a very very close range.

3 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by pazienza(m): 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
I must say, i am very disappointed with Igbos working at various federal government ministries in this country, how come they are not providing us with enough info to bring down and expose the treachery of the SW and their media. Fani flooded the aviation ministry with incompetent yorubas against the federal character rule, yet these yoruba media kept quiet, and our silly brothers in this ministry never brought this to our knowledge, when are we(ndiigbo) going to learn? If not for fani stupidity we wouldn't have heard about that, yet the SW media kept quiet, cos his actions were of benefit to yoruba interest. But when our sister Uzoma did a similar thing, they were all on her back, they all became patriotic Nigerians who loves the federal character, they forced her out.

Ndiigbo, the war didn't end in 1970, it only began then.

4 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by remarkD(m): 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
Your stance is the same stance as most Igbos, but given the type of people Stella is dealing with, and given how long they have been in this business of blackmail and treachery, they have been trying to drown out any possible form of logic, explanation or the so-called justice they say she deserves from taking its course...
and when it comes to Igbos, I expect nothing less from them, I was glad to see that the eyes of some people have been opened on the real, true color of these noisemakers, (like Papa Brown), but tis sad to see that Naptitude, whom I believe is Igbo, is with them on this slippery path they've sworn to bring as much people into; the proof? (and Napti, check this yourself...) his/your comments about Stella always begins with the premise that she was stealing/a thief/guilty.... and you and your oily friends highlight this always and then QUICKLY move on to the issue of those defending her and (your perceived and baseless reason) why such defences are happening...

Nyochaa onwe gi, its because of people like you & at times Afam and a few others that I am commenting in this section to make sure that no Igbo, not a single man or woman with a drop of Igbo blood flowing in him, will blindly join the bandwagon of those that roll on herd-mentality impulses...

Blood on the Niger? Anyone? Where's One_naira?
(Chants of "One Nigeria" lured Igbos out only to be murdered ... )

Banjo? Awolowo? Anyone?

Umu Igbo, open your eyes, be wise.

Meanwhile, we, I, am still watching GEJ... and will give my opinion after the probes/investigations etc that is requesting for documents etc is completed.

P.S. Dear Sam, thank you for speaking up, biko, adala mba....

Biko, o buru na I ga-enew efe, ka mu na gi jikota aka na forum aa, i kowara umunne na umunna anyi ihe gbasara na mkpa o di, ighota politiks obodo a bu Naija...

Chukwu gozie gi!
-Remark D
Sam_Ikenna: A living breathing person deserves a chance to table his or her case, deserves a right to fair hearing, and must not be pronounced guilty until the justice system says so. Those above are essential ingredients without which a nation becomes a jungle. Lets ask this question - Did Punchng, Vanguard, Osun Defender, and other Lagos media echo chamber giver Oduah that? If not then why? You dont have to like me to ask yourself why, just do it.

My condemnation of Lagos media lynch group is because I've seen, with utter dismay, that they're irresponsibly throwing everything at Oduah with the hope that something sticks. This action is shameful and dangerous. The job of the media is bring the news and cover every side of the story. I would like anyone here to dare me and show a story from Punch, Vangaurd, Osun Defender, et al, where Oduah was given a fair presentation. Are we saying all these years Oduah's been working there is no one available to make a positive remark about her? Common!

4 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Katsumoto: 5:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
This is rather shameful. I assumed the OP had a better head on his shoulders.

Regardless of whatever conspiracies may be flying around, there is enough evidence to suggest corruption on Oduah's part.

In normal situations, she would have resigned to clear her name.

Is Oduah the first official to be accused of corruption? Everyone knows most officials are corrupt but once you are caught with your hands in the cookie jar, you should not only lose your job but also go to prison.

Clearly one of the main issues with Nigeria is about differences in cultural practices. Apparently, in some cultures, excuses and conspiracy theories can be proposed to excuse stealing.

SMDH

If a priest is found to be stealing, should we ignore the theft simply because he is a man of God?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by drnoel: 5:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
OP thanks alot. I have always being unpartial in this experiment called Nigeria but its no use if other ethnic groups are partial. History will not repeat itself as it did in the case of Awolowo and Zik. I have said my own, we will now watch our yoruba brothers
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by SamIkenna: 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
Katsumoto: This is rather shameful. I assumed the OP had a better head on his shoulders.

Regardless of whatever conspiracies may be flying around, there is enough evidence to suggest corruption on Oduah's part.

In normal situations, she would have resigned to clear her name.

Is Oduah the first official to be accused of corruption? Everyone knows most officials are corrupt but once you are caught with your hands in the cookie jar, you should not only lose your job but also go to prison.

Clearly one of the main issues with Nigeria is about differences in cultural practices. Apparently, in some cultures, excuses and conspiracy theories can be proposed to excuse stealing.

SMDH

If a priest is found to be stealing, should we ignore the theft simply because he is a man of God?

I will pay you mind somewhat cause I have some regard for you.

I will put it this way: I guess its ok to give a cheap jab rather than debunk the shoot-at-sight strategy of Lagos echo-chamber. I've lost count on how many times I stated my position on corruption but it seems you guys have inexplicable niche for avoiding the position of the messenger and latching on to his percieved ethnic motive.

I will say it again - If Oduah illegally enriched herself using state means, then she needs to serve the punishment impossed by the state. But until then lets give her a chance to state her side. Stop the nonsensical media bully coming from Punch, Vanguard, Osun Defender and the rest of them. These news houses have completely pronounced her guilty and their gullible consumers are re-parroting what those news-outlets are saying. Can y'all do that? Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by naptu2: 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
When an official is accused of corruption, abuse of power, etc people will definitely ask questions and call for a probe. The public official is then expected to respond to these questions and give explanations. That's why the person is a public official. The person is accountable to the public. You cannot expect the public to keep quiet and mope.

The right of response has been respected all through this saga. That's why you see the news media interviewing the minister's spokesperson and the spokesperson of the NCAA.

It was the revelations made by Sahara Reporters and the public outcry that followed it that led to the investigation. There would have been no investigation if there was no revelation and outcry.

The problem is that some expect citizens to keep quiet and say nothing about it. The issue should just be swept under the carpet. Well, I'm not one of those types of people and will never be. We must ask questions and hold public officials accountable, because this is the only way we can have a better Nigeria.

I stated, right from the beginning, that I'm opposed to an outright dismissal of the minister, but I believe that she should be suspended while ann independent investigation is carried out and she should be sacked and prosecuted if found guilty, or reinstated if found not guilty.

naptu2: I don't believe that she should be summarily dismissed, rather I think that there should be an open investigation. Remember that she is presumed innocent until proven guilty and her right to fair hearing must be respected.

Therefore, I believe that her fate should depend on the result of an independent, fair and open investigation that should answer the following questions:

1) Was she entitled to the cars?

2) Was it right for the NCAA to procure the cars for her?

3) Was the procurement done according to procurement regulations (competitive bidding, etc)?

4) Was the price of the cars inflated?
https://www.nairaland.com/1485309/jonathan-under-pressure-sack-stella-oduah#18953637

I also do not subscribe to this crazy idea that someone should be exonerated or pronounced guilty simply because they are from this or that ethnic group. We need to discuss the issues, not primordial sentiments. Corrupt officials will not remember whether they are from the same ethnic group with you, when they are sharing their loot, therefore we need to thoroughly scrutinise them to ensure that they are not looting. We need to hold them accountable, regardless of what ethnic group they are from.

However, the idea that citizens should not ask questions and should not demand for accountability from public officials, is alien to democracy. Just check out the kind of fire Obama came under due to the Benghazi incident. This is the same way Bode George, Ibrahim Babangida and other present and former public officials have come under fire. Why should it be different now? We must hold public officials accountable if we want a better Nigeria for ourselves and our children.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by Katsumoto: 6:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
Sam_Ikenna:

I will pay you mind somewhat cause I have some regard for you.

I will put it this way: I guess its ok to give a cheap jab rather than debunk the shoot-at-sight strategy of Lagos echo-chamber. I've lost count on how many times I stated my position on corruption but it seems you guys have inexplicable niche for avoiding the position of the messenger and latching on to his percieved ethnic motive.

I will say it again - If Oduah illegally enriched herself using state means, then she needs to serve the punishment impossed by the state. But until then lets give her a chance to state her side. Stop the nonsensical media bully coming from Punch, Vanguard, Osun Defender and the rest of them. These news houses have completely pronounced her guilty and their gullible consumers are re-parroting what those news-outlets are saying. Can y'all do that? Thank you.

What is your opinion about her offense?

Offense 1: Only the FEC can approve budgets in excess of 100 million. Her ministry spent in excess of 650 Million

Offense 2: Her ministry purchased used vehicles with a market value of 170k at 850k

Offense 3: The agency which purchased the cars are not in possession of the papers for the cars

When OBJ prosecuted his friend SM Awoniyi during the ID card scandal, how many Yoruba folks did you see up in arms? Did the Lagos media castigate OBJ for what he did? Did the Lagos media report it or not?

What was the position of the Lagos media when Bode George was accused of corruption? What about Patricia Etteh? How did the Lagos media react to these open and publicized cases of corruption?

The one thing we have learnt from this saga is that Igbo people openly support corruption as long as the corrupt person is Igbo. If the corrupt person isn't Igbo, then they start mouthing off about nepotism, meritocracy, etc

Lastly, please explain to us why her history with FFK or Babalkin is relevant to this scandal? Did they make her steal? Did they introduce Oduah to Coscharis? Did they drug her?

Please explain the relevance otherwise we know that you wrote these epistles simply because you condone corruption if committed by an Igbo person.

please excuse any errors.

7 Likes

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by SamIkenna: 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
drnoel: OP thanks alot. I have always being unpartial in this experiment called Nigeria but its no use if other ethnic groups are partial. History will not repeat itself as it did in the case of Awolowo and Zik. I have said my own, we will now watch our yoruba brothers

Brother, the problem lies with the cabal that feeds each section of the country their daily news. They know their potential consumers and they know how to stretch the news to get the desired reaction given our unwavering loyalty to ethnicity abd religion. These cabal right now are responsible for the viciousness coming from the Lagos echo-chamber and they're getting the desired effect. It is based on this show of shame that I decided to say something. I have nothing against any section in Nigeria, in fact if I had anything at all it is to be left alone as independent Igbo nation. I careless how others or where others want to run ther affairs. So bro, its not really a Yoruba thing per se, but the cabal controlling some media houses resident in Yoruba land - they want Stella down and out by any means possible with or without due process. This is what I detest.

1 Like

Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by rosebowl01(m): 6:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
yes, you guys are always victims. You are saints, and others are criminals.
Re: Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs by SamIkenna: 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
Katsumoto:

What is your opinion about her offenses?

Offense 1: Only the FEC can approve budgets in excess of 100 million. Her ministry spent in excess of 650 Million

Offense 2: Her ministry purchased used vehicles with a market value of 170k at 850k

Offense 3: The agency which purchased the cars are not in possession of the papers for the cars

When OBJ prosecuted his friend SM Awoniyi during the ID card scandal, how many Yoruba folks did you see up in arms? Did the Lagos media castigate OBJ for what he did? Did the Lagos media report it or not?

What was the position of the Lagos media when Bode George was accused of corruption? What about Patricia Etteh? How did the Lagos media react to these open and publicized cases of corruption?

The one thing we have learnt from this saga is that Igbo people openly support corruption as long as the corrupt person is Igbo. If the corrupt person isn't Igbo, then they start mouthing off about nepotism, meritocracy, etc

Lastly, please explain to us why her history with FFK or Babalkin is relevant to this scandal? Did they make her steal? Did they introduce Oduah to Coscharis? Did they drug her?

Please explain the relevance otherwise we know that you wrote these epistles simply because you condone corruption if committed by an Igbo person.

please excuse any errors.

The emboldened are wild accusations and you should be better than that. However, on other points you raised that are relevant to Oduah's case I would say that I have no verifiable facts to reach any conclusions and that, my friend, is the crux of the matter. We dont have facts, all we have is Sahara said this, kinsman said that. We should not absolve or condem until our justice system makes a pronouncement. How hard is that? I ask that you go and check punch news since this Oduah thing came to light and tell me if what they're doing is remotely professional.

Like I said, I don't have any verifiable facts on Oduah but if you do then furnish us with them. I will not join the unholy noise to destroy someone until the person is found guilty. Go back and check my posts in NL you'll see that I've never advocated jungle prosecution, even to Boko Haram members, so I will not begin today. Thank you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts / FG Blames Illegal Russian, Chinese Fishing In Nigerian Waters For Low Revenue / 2019 Election: Why APC Will Not Support Young People – Joe Igbokwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.