Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

How To Survive A Lion Attack - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Survive A Lion Attack (27620 Views)

Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} / Little Girl Rescued From A Lion’s Mouth / Caption This Picture Of A Lion And Bulls (2) (3) (4)

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by agrovick(m): 11:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
Incrizz, I had to bring you to your own thread as we have literally taken over someone else's.
Well I happen to struggle with using the right words to describe things but let me give it a try.

I will say the 2% involves going wild - a deviation from what you would have done on a normal day or a deviation from what society expects. You know damn the consequences kind of act as long as I'm having fun.

Am I on track?
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 11:50pm On Sep 23, 2016
agrovick:

Incrizz, I had to bring you to your own thread as we have literally taken over someone else's.
Well I happen to struggle with using the right words to describe things but let me give it a try.

I will say the 2% involves going wild - a deviation from what you would have done on a normal day or a deviation from what society expects. You know damn the consequences kind of act as long as I'm having fun.

Am I on track?
I'm so glad you did. 'Been hoping you would do something about it...whew!

On track in a way.
Like, acting in a way to see how wild YOU can get. And most times, those things I do to have a feel of that "cave man", I'm not serious about it but just joking but you would not know.

I'm not alking about expensive jokes and lies. No.

Anything to know how wild you can get...I'm usually at the peak of playfulness when this happens. But you would never know.
You'd be so involved in the process that the giggles and laughter may leave you stewing in anger even more.

Most ladies have it or do it but are just not aware of it.
Makes any sense?

Whatever. *rolls eyes*
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by agrovick(m): 2:44am On Sep 24, 2016
Incrizz:

I'm so glad you did. 'Been hoping you would do something about it...whew!

On track in a way.
Like, acting in a way to see how wild YOU can get. And most times, those things I do to have a feel of that "cave man" , I'm not serious about it but just joking but you would not know.

I'm not alking about expensive jokes and lies. No.

Anything to know how wild you can get...I'm usually at the peak of playfulness when this happens. But you would never know.
You'd be so involved in the process that the giggles and laughter may leave you stewing in anger even more.

Most ladies have it or do it but are just not aware of it.
Makes any sense

Whatever. *rolls eyes*

Haha.. Anything for the Xena-Venus cross breed lady..

Are those things by chance related to say lighting a spark with stones or go hunting for wild animals tongue

Ok... My curiosity level has officially peaked, you must be quite a handful..

Hahaha, not judging. This infrequent burst of 'craze' I believe is one of those things that makes you exciting gringrin

BTW, your siggy.. Are you like the clairvoyant?
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 4:35am On Sep 24, 2016
agrovick:

Haha.. Anything for the Xena-Venus cross breed lady..

Are those things by chance related to say lighting a spark with stones or go hunting for wild animals tongue

Ok... My curiosity level has officially peaked, you must be quite a handful..

Hahaha, not judging. This infrequent burst of 'craze' I believe is one of those things that makes you exciting gringrin

BTW, your siggy.. Are you like the clairvoyant?
Do tell me about Xena and Venus sometime. I want your version, not google's grin

Lol...you are so funny lol.
No.
Related more to: let me try to explain.
You are male, I am female right? Males are strong, females are weak(right? hehe grin)
That mannish, that male thingy, whatever it is, must be felt, must show through. And we do anything to make that happen. (Gosh I don't even know what I'm typing anymore grin). Can't explain further. But I think it's a way of judging if we're safe around you, should you ever get into the "beastly" mode/mood.

Sincerely, I think I'm a handfultonguegrin I don't think someone who's got no mastery of his emotion can deal. Infact, I pity him in advance lol.

No not clairvoyant.
Have you ever heard about the Holy Spirit of God? Well He is a person and reveals stuff, God's mind to God's children.

The dream I had, if I should share it with you, may hardly make any sense but I knew what it meant. Whether you believe it or not, the ball has been set rolling for the antichrist's rule. That dream just let's me know that the plot just got thicker. You see this recession or hardhip or whatever is going on in the world? Things like these would make it easy for people to receive him, when he promises to and gives relief.
Atheist who all want a sign before they believe, would get more than enough when the antichrist causes signs and wonders and lightening to appear in the sky at will.
(I am to open a thread for this though)

So are you a philosopher, or a hunter or a psychologist or what? grin
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by FroshGirl(m): 6:05am On Sep 24, 2016
The author of this piece never face a dog attack to compare lion.
I will never enter a house with dog after two dogs nearly killed me...
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by agrovick(m): 9:50am On Sep 24, 2016
Incrizz:

Do tell me about Xena and Venus sometime. I want your version, not google's grin

Lol...you are so funny lol.
No.
Related more to: let me try to explain.
You are male, I am female right? Males are strong, females are weak(right? hehe grin)
That mannish, that male thingy, whatever it is, must be felt (not in anyway talking about intimacy), must show through. And we do anything to make that happen. (Gosh I don't even know what I'm typing anymore grin). Can't explain further. But I think it's a way of judging if we're safe around you, should you ever get into the "beastly" mode/mood.

Sincerely, I think I'm a handfultonguegrin I don't think someone who's got no mastery of his emotion can deal. Infact, I pity him in advance lol.

No not clairvoyant.
Have you ever heard about the Holy Spirit of God? Well He is a person and reveals stuff, God's mind to God's children.

The dream I had, if I should share it with you, may hardly make any sense but I knew what it meant. Whether you beliver it or not, the ball has been set roling for the antichrist's rule. That dream just let's me know that the plot just got thicker. You see this recession or hardhip or whatever is going on in the world? Things like these would make it easy for people to receive him, when he promises and gives relief.
Atheist who all want a sign before they believe, would get more than enough when the antichrist causes signs and wonders and lightening to appear in the sky at will.
(I am to open a thread for this though)

So are you a philosopher, or a hunter or a psychologist or what? grin

Hahaha, that's gonna be a bit difficult considering Google is all knowing. Funny thing is I've never actively googled them, my knowledge is restricted to glimpse of their characters from movies. How about I actively Google them out and tell why I think you are a cross of the two?

We are doing compliments already gringringrin

Let me see if I read you correctly, you are saying ¹it's to test your partner's commitment just like the female eagle example where she keeps dropping twig from different heights to see if the male eagle will swoop to get the twig?

² To see if you can cope with his worst behavior?

That detail has been filed to the archives gringrin

Yes, I've. Seen as the comforter in some parlance.
I like your analysis of the situation though I will admit you are sounding like a conspiracy theorist.
Do mention me when you open the thread, I'm open to learning.

The hunter part got me ROTFL, my answer depends on your definition of the 3 roles tongue

Trust you had a good night sleep.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
agrovick:

..How about I actively Google them out and tell why I think you are a cross of the two?

We are doing compliments already gringringrin

Let me see if I read you correctly, you are saying ¹it's to test your partner's commitment
² To see if you can cope with his worst behavior?
Precisely.

Doing compliments? I don't understand that, what does it mean?

"Test"? "commitment"? Those are strong words from what I'm trying to say. Guys are strong in a way a woman's not. You just want to have a feel of it. And it's not on purpose. It's an unconscious act, I have just learned to recognise when it's happening.
Especially when the guy is cool calm collected. It doesn't happen with every guy because some guys exude that strength without effort, unconsciously, all the time.
It's when the lady has never sensed it that she may start to act up just to have a feel of it from her man o.

Let me play a scenario,
She snatches the remote anytime you are engrossed, watching and does something silly like changing the channel.
It's becoming a habit and you're getting irritated so, you tell her and let her know you're not condoning it further. If she is satisfied, she doesn't try it again.
If she is not, she takes it further.
But she is not doing it on purpose.

She does it again and walks away, so you immediately go after her and wrestle the remote out of her hand. If this is satisfactory for her it all ends here. But if she not, as soon as you wresle the remote out of her hand, she gives you a very hot slap tonguegrin
(I'm just painting worst case scenario, not permitting violence against mengrin)

For some ladies, it will be so satisfactory, to watch you raise your hand in the air as if you want to hit back, with your veins popping and your eyes filled with the fire of anger but you stop, and walk away or say something like, "don't you ever I repeat, EVER, try that again in your life or you would regret the day you were born (or whatever it is you have to say)

If you don't show a reaction where she can feel all your manly glory, she may slap you again and again when ever she feels like, as per she keeps pushing you again and again to do something..you know..drastic hehegrin

But a lot of men miss it by returning the slap or giving her two in quick succession ROTFL.
There is something she is looking for, she just wants to feel your authority, your strength or whatever it is that I'm trying to explain.

Doing it without getting violent (for a woman you love and you know truly loves you) usually cures that "craze" or thirst.

Yes your number 2 is part of it.

"Play fight" or getting rough with your lady or sweeping her off the floor into your arms makes a lot of sense. She wouldn't need to misbehave or be rude to have this thirst quenched (erm..I think)

She just want to know that you're the man. Take charge. Let her know that you got strength, much more than hers, be it anger, physical strength, authority, but that whatever happens, you're never going to hurt her with it but rather protect.
If you won't show it there's every likelihood that she'd make ya.

I slept well, thank you.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by agrovick(m): 12:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
Incrizz:

Precisely.

Doing compliments? I don't understand that, what does it mean?

"Test"? "commitment"? Those are strong words from what I'm trying to say. Guys are strong in a way a woman's not. You just want to have a feel of it. And it's not on purpose. It's an unconscious act, I have just learned to recognise when it's happening.
Especially when the guy is cool calm collected. It doesn't happen with every guy because some guys exude that strength without effort, unconsciously, all the time.
It's when the lady has never sensed it that she may start to act up just to have a feel of it from her man o.

Let me play a scenario,
She snatches the remote anytime you are engrossed, watching and does something silly like changing the channel.
It's becoming a habit and you're getting irritated so, you tell her and let her know you're not condoling it further. If she is satisfied, she doesn't try it again.
If she is not, she takes it further.
But she is not doing it on purpose.

She does it again and walks away, so you immediately go after her and wrestle the remote out of her hand. If this is satisfactory for her it all ends here. But if she not, as soon as you wresle the remote out of her hand, she gives you a very hot slap tonguegrin
(I'm just painting worst case scenario, not permitting violence against mengrin)

For some ladies, it will be so satisfactory, to watch you raise your hand in the air as if you want to hit back, with your veins popping and your eyes filled with the fire of anger but you stop, and walk away or say something like, "don't you ever I repeat, EVER, try that again in your life or you would regret the day you were born (or whatever it is you have to say)

If you don't show a reaction where she can feel all your manly glory, she may slap you again and again when ever she feels like, as per she keeps pushing you again and again to do something..you know..drastic hehegrin

But a lot of men miss it by returning the slap or giving her two in quick succession ROTFL.
There is something she is looking for, she just wants to feel your authority, your strength or whatever it is that I'm trying to explain.

Doing it without getting violent (for a woman you love and you know truly loves you) usually cures that "craze" or thirst.

Yes your number 2 is part of it.

"Play fight" or getting rough with your lady makes a lot of sense. She wouldn't need to misbehave or be rude to have this thirst quenched (erm..I think)

I slept well, thank you.
Cool, will get back to you on that...

Never mind, I was teasing you..

Hahaha, I now perfectly understand what you are saying and I can't help but imagine. Your choice of word (intense) to describe it is apt.

Errr, you conveniently sidetracked the ending part of my previous post
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
agrovick:

Errr, you conveniently sidetracked the ending part of my previous post
Lol..tongue
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by agrovick(m): 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2016
Incrizz:

Lol..tongue

Not cool jor...

As promised.. Venus is the Roman goddess whose functions encompassed love, beauty, sex , fertility, prosperity, victory, and desire.

Now the part I feel describes you -
She could be vengeful, she could be sweet, she could be cruel or mischievous or kind. As a deity, Venus could be frustrating at times. tongue

Xena happened to be a warrior on a redemption mission from her cruel past.

A combination of Xena's warrior qualities and the sweet nature of Venus...

Objections?
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2016
My gosh! I object sad
Venus doesn't describe me at all.
I don't have a streak of vegeance, or revenge or cruelness or meaness in me.

But that does not mean I fall in the category of women who think being pumelled by a man is his way of showing love.

I will protect myself including getting out of the relationship or protecting myself by using all the lawful arsenal at my disposal.

Do you know the amount of strength in a man 's hand? And instead of protecting me with it, you wanna kill me with it?sad
No no no.
I'd just be gone. That's it.

Xena? I don't relate sad
Lol...except that I wouldn't want my kids to go through any childhood experience that I went through and considered unpleasant.

Like, I still don't get why a Mama and Dada have to BOTH be out ALL DAY, chasing after cash for the sole purspose of trying to make ends meet (which never really seems to happen) while the househelp does the raising up of kids. Mama can own her business and train her kids please -I just don't get it, maybe you can help me understand?
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by agrovick(m): 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2016
Incrizz:
My gosh! I object sad
Venus doesn't describe me at all.
I don't have a streak of vegeance, or revenge or cruelness in me.

Xena? I don't relate sad
Lol...except that I wouldn't want my kids to go through any childhood experience that I went through and considered unpleasant.
Like, I still don't get why a Mama and Dada have to BOTH be out ALL DAY, chasing after cash for the sole purspose of trying to make ends meet (which never really seems to happen) while the househelp does the raising up of kids. Mama can own her business and train her kids please -I just don't get it, maybe you can help me understand?

Hahaha, looks like I'm totally off but how come you went all gangster on her negative side but said nothing about the positives?

Seems I didn't get the Xena role across properly, she was a villain who later turned to the good path hence the redemption mission, it's her Warrior like qualities that is the basis of comparison though.

As regards the last part, I am in support of your views somebody needs to be home with the kids, it's now a choice between the Mama and the Dada.
Ideal situation:

The Mother runs a business that gives her the opportunity to spend quality time with the kids while the Dad is the career type.

A situation where the dad is the business one while the mom tows the career path shouldn't be ruled out either.

All in all there is the need to spend time with the Kids, nothing can replace that parental love, although I can categorically say that ideal arrangement seems to be an anomaly in the Nigerian setting judging by one or two scenarios around me but I can't judge since the goal is working towards ensuring comfort for these kids.

I would like to ask a question as regards the last bit though but I don't want to appear intrusive

PS - didn't get your mention on time
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Mustay(m): 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
FroshGirl:
The author of this piece never face a dog attack to compare lion.

I will never enter a house with dog after two dogs nearly killed me...
Your experiences please.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
agrovick:

Hahaha, looks like I'm totally off but how come you went all gangster on her negative side but said nothing about the positives?

Seems I didn't get the Xena role across properly, she was a villain who later turned to the good path hence the redemption mission, it's her Warrior like qualities that is the basis of comparison though.

As regards the last part, I am in support of your views somebody needs to be home with the kids, it's now a choice between the Mama and the Dada.
Ideal situation:

The Mother runs a business that gives her the opportunity to spend quality time with the kids while the Dad is the career type.

A situation where the dad is the business one while the mom tows the career path shouldn't be ruled out either.

All in all there is the need to spend time with the Kids, nothing can replace that parental love, although I can categorically say that ideal arrangement seems to be an anomaly in the Nigerian setting judging by one or two scenarios around me but I can't judge since the goal is working towards ensuring comfort for these kids.

I would like to ask a question as regards the last bit though but I don't want to appear intrusive

PS - didn't get your mention on time
i realised i didnt mention or quote you so, you weren't notified. Sorry.

hahaha her negative side blinded from the positive.

That you understand the whole Momma and Dada point i was trying to make will leave me sleeping peacefully tonight...........smiley

Why not ask? If it's too intrusive I'll let you know.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by agrovick(m): 8:50pm On Sep 24, 2016
Incrizz:

i realised i didnt mention or quote you so, you weren't notified. Sorry.

hahaha her negative side blinded from the positive.

That you understand the whole Momma and Dada point i was trying to make will leave me sleeping peacefully tonight...........smiley

Why not ask? If it's too intrusive I'll let you know.

Hahaha, pleasure to be of service gringrin

Considering I came across a similar discuss on one of your threads (the Mom & Dad part). I'm curious as regards the influence behind you been a champion of this cause, did you grow up in a home where both parents were the career type?
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 9:12pm On Sep 24, 2016
agrovick:

Hahaha, pleasure to be of service gringrin

Considering I came across a similar discuss on one of your threads (the Mom & Dad part). I'm curious as regards the influence behind you been a champion of this cause, did you grow up in a home where both parents were the career type?

Something of the sort.
Looking back, I wish they were in the living room in the evenings, with us, all of us watching TV together.
I miss that as per, I never got to experience it until in my adulthood.
The few times Mum was around and we got to do stuff together or I got to play with daddy's feet are some of my best memories ever.

Lol..
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by agrovick(m): 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2016
Incrizz:

Something of the sort.
Looking back, I wish they were in the living room in the evenings, with us, all of us watching TV together.
I miss that as per, I never got to experience it until in my adulthood.
The few times Mum was around and we got to do stuff together or I got to play with daddy's feet are some of my best memories ever.

Lol..

Now I understand better...
The good thing is even though you didn't get to experience that kind of life as frequently as you would have wanted, you turned out great.

That's a plus right?

I like the fact that you are family oriented, it's an attractive color on you grin

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
agrovick:

Now I understand better...
The good thing is even though you didn't get to experience that kind of life as frequently as you would have wanted, you turned out great.

That's a plus right?

I like the fact that you are family oriented, it's an attractive color on you grin
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by agrovick(m): 4:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
Incrizz:
Is that a hint of a blush that I see grin
Happy Sunday ma'am
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 9:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
agrovick:

Is that a hint of a blush that I see grin

Happy Sunday ma'am
Lol...yup.
Felt so nice. Spread from the center of my heart out round it. I guess that's deeper than a blush?
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by agrovick(m): 10:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
Incrizz:

Lol...yup.
Felt so nice. Spread from the center of my heart out round it. I guess that's deeper than a blush?
Aha, now I can sleep well tonight... And yea it's a super duper blush grin
Do have a good night rest & a great week ahead

Appliances From The Past. / Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit / Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81