Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Only A Fool Says There Is No God. - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only A Fool Says There Is No God. (14850 Views)

Pope Francis Stepping Down, Says ‘there Is No God’ / Only A Fool Says There Is No Other God / Only A Fool Says In His Heart That There Is No God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 09, 2013
Joshthefirst: smh smh smh.

You are the one quoting out of context.

Matthew 5:29 So if your right eye causes you to sin, take it out and throw it away! It is much better for you to lose a part of your body than to have your whole body thrown into hell.

30 If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away! It is much better for you to lose one of your limbs than to have your whole body go off to hell

You misunderstand pauls letter to the galatians.

Lol, as usual. We are the ones quoting out of context.

Paul was writing a letter to the galatians so was Jesus preaching to the multitudes during the sermon on the mount. None was directly addressed to "us" but both were indirectly addressed to "us" and written for "our" admonition.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 09, 2013
aManFromMars:

Everyone quotes out of context apart from you. Oh yes, the Holy Spirit is not in us.

Truly, there's no method to this madness. Keep living in fear and bondage. I guess you can't drop Christianity because to GO hell go spend eterntiy 'di kwa'(is) risky.

Were you not the one that once said "even if I showed you from the bible, I guess u'll find a way to explain it away".

I expected the reply he gave. I never thought he'll agree with me.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by macof(m): 11:21am On Nov 09, 2013
Joshthefirst: nope. This is what happens when you read all those phony books or watch all those phony films about judgement. grin

People won't enter heaven because they didn't believe in christ, they'll enter because of their sins. The wages of sin is death. Jesus came so that men who were guilty of sin and condemned would be able to be saved by trusting in him. They could be acquitted, set free. They could have their sins absolved.

good for the world then. Thanks to Jesus

However I cannot worship a Jew, neither can I worship God of the Jews. And if they sacrifice of Jesus cannot save everybody he has failed in his mission.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:30am On Nov 09, 2013
macof:

good for the world then. Thanks to Jesus

However I cannot worship a Jew, neither can I worship God of the Jews. And if they sacrifice of Jesus cannot save everybody he has failed in his mission.
grin grin

How can you reject his sacrifice and still expect to be saved by him?

Sorry, but Jesus doesn't force his salvation down people's throats. They have to accept him and believe him and trust him and repent.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by ezme(m): 11:35am On Nov 09, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin grin

How can you reject his sacrifice and still expect to be saved by him?

Sorry, but Jesus doesn't force his salvation down people's throats. They have to accept him and believe him and trust him and repent.

How is the death of Jesus a sacrifice?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:43am On Nov 09, 2013
ezme:

How is the death of Jesus a sacrifice?
it was a sacrifice for God the son to humble himself and become human. To humble himself and become a carpenter's son, to walk the streets of old israel preaching the kingdom of God and being persecuted, to die a shameful death when he was not guilty of any crime. To take upon himself wrath and the sins of man and remain in the grave.

His birth, life, and death are his sacrifice.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 09, 2013
Discussing religion with Josh can be so....

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Kay17: 11:54am On Nov 09, 2013
Joshthefirst: it was a sacrifice for God the son to humble himself and become human. To humble himself and become a carpenter's son, to walk the streets of old israel preaching the kingdom of God and being persecuted, to die a shameful death when he was not guilty of any crime. To take upon himself wrath and the sins of man and remain in the grave.

I doubt if Jesus' sacrifice was necessary. God being omnipotent by nature isn't bound by necessity, he can do whatever he wishes. God did not have to sacrifice Jesus, a goat could have served the purpose and even better.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
i-smoke-weed:

Balance what equation?

We can never be balanced until you quit this devilish thing you do on this website, must you try to discredit other people's God's just because you don't believe in any?
look at you,
since when did you become a god spokesman?
don't you insult other peoples gods directly or indirectly?
Before you can seem to make sense, maybe you could go check out frosbel and olaadegbu's threads on islam. Also stop bragging on something you can't do.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
Kay 17:

I doubt if Jesus' sacrifice was necessary. God being omnipotent by nature isn't bound by necessity, he can do whatever he wishes. God did not have to sacrifice Jesus, a goat could have served the purpose and even better.
you honestly believe a goat would have been a good enough sacrifice for the humanity of mankind?

God is omnipotent, but the requirements of justice must be met. He's a judge.

But he sent Jesus not only to die for man, but to be raised from the dead for mankinds justification.

How would you like to put your trust in a goat that was raised from the dead.

grin grin grin
Smh.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by ezme(m): 12:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
Joshthefirst: it was a sacrifice for God the son to humble himself and become human. To humble himself and become a carpenter's son, to walk the streets of old israel preaching the kingdom of God and being persecuted, to die a shameful death when he was not guilty of any crime. To take upon himself wrath and the sins of man and remain in the grave.

I'm asking what exactly did he give up that he isn't presently having according to your belief?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Kay17: 12:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
Joshthefirst: you honestly believe a goat would have been a good enough sacrifice for the humanity of mankind?

God is omnipotent, but the requirements of justice must be met. He's a judge.

But he sent Jesus not only to die for man, but to be raised from the dead for mankinds justification.

How would you like to put your trust in a goat that was raised from the dead.

grin grin grin
Smh.

You failed to appreciate God's omnipotence. God provides the value of every entity so also Justice. In so far as Justice does not impose a duty on God, his Will remains supreme to Justice.

Besides I wonder what justice you said, in Jesus' mistrial.

And if God wishes, he can make a goat more valuable than a human. My point is clear: there is no demand on God to sacrifice Jesus.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
Kay 17:

You failed to appreciate God's omnipotence. God provides the value of every entity so also Justice. In so far as Justice does not impose a duty on God, his Will remains supreme to Justice.

Besides I wonder what justice you said, in Jesus' mistrial.

And if God wishes, he can make a goat more valuable than a human. My point is clear: there is no demand on God to sacrifice Jesus.
the things people say....if God wishes, he can make a goat more valuable than a human?! shocked for pete's sake?!

The sacrifice of Jesus was a genuine masterpiece. God saved man and dealt with evil in such a way that it won't disrupt his nature as God(his eternal omnipotence) and mans freewill

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
i-smoke-weed:

JUSTIFIED?

Have you asked your partner logicboy how he was "cajoled" into believing there is no God? He keeps telling fake stories all through these last two years but I remember that 4yrs ago he opened up and told us that, and I quote "A DRUNKEN RACIST in a RUN DOWN DRINKING BAR in UK convinced him into accepting there was no God" since then I have just kept on seeing his idle ramblings on this website up and down to the point that some ignorant people think he is smart

That boy is ONE OF THE BIGGEST FOOLS TO EMERGE FROM NIGERIA from the conversion story he told us that day and we all gave him a piece of our minds. If he is still following the words of a drunk racist till today he should indeed be better off dead

I know you have your own conversion story, and I also know it is PATHETIC So join him and get ready for your eternity of wallowing and gnashing of teeth

Very very soon. . .
From what I know of the bible,
This attitude disqualifies you a place in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2013
ezme:

I'm asking what exactly did he give up that he isn't presently having according to your belief?
his sacrifice has already paid off. He gave up eternal glory, omniscience and became human. He paid the price and was exalted again. He did this for us.

He was God. But he became man to deal with our problem, and he attained God status again to unite us with the father and put us in our proper place in the universe

Such is the heaviness of the resurrection.
A dead man opened his eyes in flesh, never to die again. A humbled man became a powerful king for us

That at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is lord.

His sacrifice was in his humulity even unto death because of his love for mankind. He tasted death for every man.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by 4words: 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2013
4words: only on one condition will I believe the op... Which is he will not become a pastor.

Well Bolaino , I feel this your sudden love for God is not genuine and it has an interior motive. I am not saying it is impossible to change your ways but I feel you are not sincere.
I have also doubted the existence of the Christian God, courtesy Bolaino yes Bolaino. Though I believe there are forces, spiritual forces that are in play but of recent, I have love God more, just want to know God (christain) more, I long for him, I feel elevated, inspired and happy in his presence. I want to be well connected with him, I want to talk to him as would a son to his dad and I thank him for his abundant mercy and love. To cut the story short, if you've gone down the other road of disbelieve, you can't just wake up in your room one day to decide that you've changed back to what you left. I believe if at all you want to change back, it is a gradual process which would take time and patient.
It is like trying to rewrite a programming language that has be written or create an anti virus for a virus that has infested your system... It would surely take time and process. Same process as that which you created to over write your believes in God initially.
So my dear brother, its either you chose to become born again to become a pastor and thereby make money for yourself as most fake nigerian pastor are doing or you are playing this from another angle.

I will only believe you if you write here that you won't become a pastor... You can evangelise no problem but don't become a pastor or own a church.
I know you know what I am saying.

I'm quoting myself so that bolaino would see it and respond to it, not until he does, I won't stop.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Ishilove: 12:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
aManFromMars: Discussing religion with Josh can be so....
Muskeeto, shey na you dey turn the fufu so?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
i-smoke-weed:

JUSTIFIED?

Have you asked your partner logicboy how he was "cajoled" into believing there is no God? He keeps telling fake stories all through these last two years but I remember that 4yrs ago he opened up and told us that, and I quote "A DRUNKEN RACIST in a RUN DOWN DRINKING BAR in UK convinced him into accepting there was no God" since then I have just kept on seeing his idle ramblings on this website up and down to the point that some ignorant people think he is smart

That boy is ONE OF THE BIGGEST FOOLS TO EMERGE FROM NIGERIA from the conversion story he told us that day and we all gave him a piece of our minds. If he is still following the words of a drunk racist till today he should indeed be better off dead

I know you have your own conversion story, and I also know it is PATHETIC So join him and get ready for your eternity of wallowing and gnashing of teeth

Very very soon. . .
Someone really ignored this, on the reason that he does not know "I smoke weed" yet his 1st encounter with me was him preaching hell fire and be saved talks to me. okay na
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ishilove:
Muskeeto, shey na you dey turn the fufu so?

I wont be surprised if Logicboy is the one holding the pot.. grin

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Kay17: 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
Joshthefirst: the things people say....if God wishes, he can make a goat more valuable than a human?! shocked for pete's sake?!

The sacrifice of Jesus was a genuine masterpiece. God saved man and dealt with evil in such a way that it won't disrupt his nature as God(his eternal omnipotence) and mans freewill

You are getting distracted, I talked about the necessity of the sacrifice and you accepted that there was no duty upon God to conform to.

Besides are you claiming prior to Jesus' sacrifice ppl were nt goin to heaven?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by macof(m): 1:23pm On Nov 09, 2013

Am sorry to inform u that ur Jesus was guilty of the greatest crime anyone could commit in Israel "blasphemy"

He was guilty of blasphemy according to Jewish traditions and laws a blasphemous man could not be left to live, he had to die(am sure if he was a gentile, he would have been used as a burnt offering to Yahweh)
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by macof(m): 1:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
Kay 17:

You are getting distracted, I talked about the necessity of the sacrifice and you accepted that there was no duty upon God to conform to.

Don't mind the fool, he is trying to say Noah, Abraham, Moses, Samuel, David, Ezekiel, Isaiah and the rest went to hell.

Let Jews catch Josh first they would kill him in a worse way than they did his false Messiah
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
Kay 17:

before Jesus, God revealed himself to those who sought him in different ways, but now he has revealed himself to us through his son. There was a duty upon God to fulfill the requirements of justice for mankinds sin. And that would mean death eternally. God ingenius solution was Jesus Christ. What I'm saying is that the salvation of God was carried out in such a way that it didn't break any more rules, and didn't infringe on humanity's freewill or Gods omnipotence.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by alphascorpio(m): 1:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
aManFromMars: Discussing religion with Josh can be so....
Josh is the guy on black shirt holding the pot down grin
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by ismokeweed1(f): 2:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
nwuyag:
From what I know of the bible,
This attitude disqualifies you a place in heaven.

So you know the Bible but don't want to know God? Because I'm a Christian won't stop me from telling you what i think of you and your cohorts.

If every christian that views this thread should happen to post your own comments would be drowned, but they are just closing a blind eye because you all are heathens that have never wanted to admit the truth.

One day another one of you will be like this threads op and let us know about you change of heart IN THE NAME OF GOD I PRAY

Now GERROUT FROM MY SIGHT!
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by macof(m): 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
i-smoke-weed:

So you know the Bible but don't want to know God? Because I'm a Christian won't stop me from telling you what i think of you and your cohorts.

If every christian that views this thread should happen to post your own comments would be drowned, but they are just closing a blind eye because you all are heathens that have never wanted to admit the truth.

One day another one of you will be like this threads op and let us know about you change of heart IN THE NAME OF GOD I PRAY

Now GERROUT FROM MY SIGHT!

grin wat sight? Are u seeing him infront of u?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by ismokeweed1(f): 2:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
macof:

grin wat sight? Are u seeing him infront of u?

How many monikers do you have?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by macof(m): 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
i-smoke-weed:

How many monikers do you have?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
Last word. grin
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by ezme(m): 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
Joshthefirst: his sacrifice has already paid off. He gave up eternal glory, omniscience and became human. He paid the price and was exalted again. He did this for us.

He was God. But he became man to deal with our problem, and he attained God status again to unite us with the father and put us in our proper place in the universe

Such is the heaviness of the resurrection.
A dead man opened his eyes in flesh, never to die again. A humbled man became a powerful king for us

That at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is lord.

His sacrifice was in his humulity even unto death because of his love for mankind. He tasted death for every man.

King of an imaginary utopia you call heaven?

He was God and became God again, what did he lose? You really need to look up the meaning of the word "sacrifice"
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 4:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
ezme:

King of an imaginary utopia you call heaven?

He was God and became God again, what did he lose? You really need to look up the meaning of the word "sacrifice"
He forsook his power as God and came to earth. Be died and rose again for our justification.

It seems you do not know the meaning of sacrifice yourself:

Sacrifice:
a. Forfeiture of something highly valued for the sake of one considered to have a greater value or claim.

Jesus forfeited heaven and eternal power so that man could be reunited with God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Valentine Day's Message To Lovely Christian Friends / Grace Testimony From South Africa : Delivered From Sexual Sins, Life Now Better / Ismaa'eel Abu Adam, Popular Youtube Muslim Apologist Converts 2 Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.