Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? (35794 Views)

Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? / Lady Who Slept With Her Bosses For Promotion Cries Out / Hilarious Relationship Between Workers And Their Bosses(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Ugosample(m): 7:20am On Nov 07, 2013
InvertedHammer:
You guys should be glad that the Indians are hiring you. What if they don't?

Your government does not give sh.it about you. Here comes Indians who are willing to offer you jobs and you are complaining.
Why don't you start your own company and see how easy it is to manage Nigerians? The concept of time is not in Nigeria
dictionary. There is total lack of professionalism. Simple thing they could use their brain to do, they delegate it to God.
God forbid a Nigerian had to work hard to earn a living.

You don't like it? Drive to Abuja and holler at your "polithievians" Aren't you ashamed that you go to every country,
they lord over Nigerians. They come to your own country, they lord over you too. I think citizens of Nigeria are the
lowest of the lowest going by the standard citizens of other countries ridicule them.

Apparently, Nigerians are born to be slaves. And they still see slavery as an achievement. Be informed that an Indian
has more right in Nigeria than you.
you have some valid points, although i don't agree that we're slaves anyway. We're just lazy. Ask people arround the last time they read an educational book, when last he/she watched discovey or nat geo. In my axis, many adults and young people don't care. But they prefer wasting too much time on things of litte epistemic value. That has to change.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by tayoccu(m): 7:21am On Nov 07, 2013
Ugosample: There are many ignorant people on this thread. For those who haven't been to India, know today that they are workaholics. Even the children are not left out. I know a garment shop in which these children work 75 hours every week and are paid $20 for the same period. And this is serious work,no arbitrary breaks. Anyone saying that a sizeable % of Nigerians, especially the youth ain't lazy, that person is delusional.

Oga that's slavery not hard work, part of the reasons why we call them wicked, how can u pay a worker 3,400 for 75 hours of work?

2 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by yeko68: 7:24am On Nov 07, 2013
They are terrible. They short pay their workers, cheat their customers, they collude with tax officers to cheat the government, above all they are fetish.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Isodice: 7:25am On Nov 07, 2013
AjanleKoko: Indian bosses are not bad.
It's Nigerian employees who are lazy.
I can shoot you for saying that
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by posquare(m): 7:51am On Nov 07, 2013
well as an employee you have too take some nonsence atfer all the gave you job
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by olumatthew9: 7:52am On Nov 07, 2013
I am workin with them presently and i av com to discover dat indian bosses are hardworking and faithful. D problem we blacks have is what is called inferiority complex. We c any tin not black as idol and the way we cal ourselves to d stranger is the way dey wil cal us.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by SIRKOL(m): 8:22am On Nov 07, 2013
If u dislike india boss,

Be like me,

Be d BO$$!

Dat my ans
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by mrjingles(m): 8:23am On Nov 07, 2013
I noticed no one has called Indian bosses LAZY or UNPRODUCTIVE which is what counts in a private business. You may not like them but one thing you can say is that they are very hard working, unfortunately the average Nigerian worker comes with a sense of entitlement (some even feel entitled to steal their employers blind). You may call them mean and unkind but the office is not a place to find love and be cuddled, if you want that go home to your mother. Of course there is also the option to quit.

A dangerous culture of moaning whining and complaining has crept into our lives, Indians as a nation are DOERS, we are sliding into a nation of TALKERS. We moan and complain about the government, our leaders, our bosses, if not for all these "wicked" people our lives would be heaven. That's just a lot of BS, a man uses millions and tons of sweat to set up a business and some clown comes along expecting to NOT do his job and get paid? I will kick your bum! If you want a kind boss why not set your own business and handout big money for no work to your staff?

3 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by willibounce: 8:24am On Nov 07, 2013
tayoccu:

Oga that's slavery not hard work, part of the reasons why we call them wicked, how can u pay a worker 3,400 for 75 hours of work?

Don't mind the foo.ool. working 75hours for 20$ is hard work to him. Sme ppl are just annoying.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by MrAboki: 8:41am On Nov 07, 2013
[b]Indians and Chinese people all think and believe that they are superior to Africans, in the same way the WHite supremacists see africans as Niggas.\

However, my first job as a graduate in Canada was given to me by an Indian man. He even paid me the standard wage (20 dollars an hour) and said he will pay me cash so that I dont have to pay any government taxes on the money as he knows that I really needed it to settle.

He was indeed a great boss. Made me supervisor over even Indians (prolly cos he saw that I had a degree). At some point, I was like his second in command. However, those other indians that worked for the company and the indians that were our clients were retards.

The last day I worked for him was because of how an Indian client was very condecending to me. My boss saw it and immediately intervened as he saw that I was about to lose it.

But here in Africa, the matter is different. Go to all the businesses owned by;

Indians
Chinese &
Lebanese

and see how they treat and talk to their staff for minimum wage with no benefits.. [/b]
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Dejijossy(m): 9:02am On Nov 07, 2013
When I was wt my fformer coy far back 2006, I was part of a team that fixes machines for our clients. I've visited many companies during the period. Its only in IndIan owned factory that the staff will be begging us to extend our hours of service n repairs so that they can rest. Nigerians workers are passing tru hell in d hands of these people.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by ooshinibos: 9:06am On Nov 07, 2013
Here comes your answer to all :
Africans complain of discrimination in Mumbai, India
Sheeba Rani has been ostracised by many friends and relatives for marrying Nigerian Sambo Davis
Africans staying in and around India's commercial capital, Mumbai (Bombay), complain of indiscriminate racism and constant police harassment, reports the BBC's Zubair Ahmed.

Nigerian Sambo Davis is married to an Indian woman and lives in Mumbai.

All his documents are valid, but he was arrested by the police recently on suspicion of being a drug dealer.

He and 30 other black Africans were detained for hours before they were let off with an apology.

But the following day, Mr Davis said that he was shocked to read in local newspapers that they were "arrested for drug peddling".

"The police treat us Africans like dogs," he says.

Mr Davis claims he often faces discrimination when he goes to restaurants or when he tries to rent an apartment in gated middle-class communities.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote
If Africans don't have papers, then deport them, don't put them in jail”
End Quote
Ikeorah Junior

Nigerian cafe owner in Mumbai
But he is nevertheless one of the lucky ones. He found a decent flat to rent, thanks to his Indian wife.

But his fellow countrymen, he says, still face discrimination: "When they go to rent flats in a normal building they are told - 'you are a black man, you are Nigerian, and you are not wanted'. This is racism."

'Hide and seek'

There is no official data on how many Africans live in Mumbai, but since India's economic progress gathered momentum in recent years, many have come to work in and around the city. Unofficial estimates put their numbers at more than 5,000.

Most of them are engaged in exporting garments to Nigeria and other African countries.

Many others are students, enrolled in the region's prestigious educational institutions.

But there are also hundreds of Africans, mostly Nigerians, who live as illegal immigrants in India. They have either "lost" their passports or their visas have "expired".

Every day, these people play hide-and-seek with the police - if they are caught, they are sent to jail.

Ikeorah Junior from Lagos runs a cafe for Africans in a crowded market on Mumbai's Mohammed Ali Road.

"I don't understand why they [police] have to go from house to house to arrest the people who don't have their papers. If they don't have papers, then deport them, don't put them in jail," he says.

Ahmed Javed, who is in charge of maintaining law and order in the state of Maharashtra, says it is not that simple: "In most cases they have no passports. So, unless their nationalities are determined, they cannot be deported."

Dozens of Africans have taken up residence on Mira Road, a dusty, nondescript town just outside Mumbai.

One "illegal immigrant" there asked me for money, claiming he had not eaten for two days.

He looked worried and told me that he had been approached by drug dealers to work for them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-21826366
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by sCun: 9:06am On Nov 07, 2013
Sagamite:

Ask them a simple question.

Ask them to name ONE classy Nigerian restaurant in the UK and watch them struggle.

There are more than 60 Nigerian restaurants in London alone, maybe 100 across the UK. None shows any sign of having business acumen or a brain of progress and class. All the owners want to do is to ride Jeep and go to Church to say "Jesus did it for me" until years down the line, their business declines.

They think customer service is a favour they are doing their customers.

Don't mind the person.

He is living in a shithole that has destroyed his life and continues to destroy it while their leaders are riding bullet-proof cars.

All he knows is frustration, struggle and injustice. But fucktards like him would be talking crap about people that live abroad happily and safely with a bright future and can control their lives.

When you have no brain, sense would sound like noise.
Are you not a Nigerian in the UK? What busniness have you set up yourself? Armchair critic.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Ngokafor(f): 9:07am On Nov 07, 2013
Nigerians na wa!..the question was 'are indian bosses in Nigeria that bad'....what do we see as replies?

...'oh they are nice i dont know about Nigeria but the ones i've worked and SCHOOLED! with here in EUROPE! are cool'...or 'Nigerians are very lazy(mostly from shylock employers perhaps that will owe their workers for 10mnths and still expect the best),they dont like to work'....or 'my indian neigbhours are nice blablabla'..smh!

..yet there are countless cases of indian bosses that treat their employees like crap and would probably not pay them a dime if they can get away with it!

Mstcheww at some of us who cant help or understand the plight of some of our people where these indians are concerned
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by ooshinibos: 9:08am On Nov 07, 2013
olumatthew9: I am workin with them presently and i av com to discover dat indian bosses are hardworking and faithful. D problem we blacks have is what is called inferiority complex. We c any tin not black as idol and the way we cal ourselves to d stranger is the way dey wil cal us.

here come your answer o :
Sheeba Rani has been ostracised by many friends and relatives for marrying Nigerian Sambo Davis
Africans staying in and around India's commercial capital, Mumbai (Bombay), complain of indiscriminate racism and constant police harassment, reports the BBC's Zubair Ahmed.

All his documents are valid, but he was arrested by the police recently on suspicion of being a drug dealer.

He and 30 other black Africans were detained for hours before they were let off with an apology.

But the following day, Mr Davis said that he was shocked to read in local newspapers that they were "arrested for drug peddling".

Mr Davis claims he often faces discrimination when he goes to restaurants or when he tries to rent an apartment in gated middle-class communities.

Start Quote
End Quote
Ikeorah Junior

But he is nevertheless one of the lucky ones. He found a decent flat to rent, thanks to his Indian wife.

But his fellow countrymen, he says, still face discrimination: "When they go to rent flats in a normal building they are told - 'you are a black man, you are Nigerian, and you are not wanted'. This is racism."

'Hide and seek'

There is no official data on how many Africans live in Mumbai, but since India's economic progress gathered momentum in recent years, many have come to work in and around the city. Unofficial estimates put their numbers at more than 5,000.

Most of them are engaged in exporting garments to Nigeria and other African countries.

Many others are students, enrolled in the region's prestigious educational institutions.

But there are also hundreds of Africans, mostly Nigerians, who live as illegal immigrants in India. They have either "lost" their passports or their visas have "expired".

Every day, these people play hide-and-seek with the police - if they are caught, they are sent to jail.

Ikeorah Junior from Lagos runs a cafe for Africans in a crowded market on Mumbai's Mohammed Ali Road.

"I don't understand why they [police] have to go from house to house to arrest the people who don't have their papers. If they don't have papers, then deport them, don't put them in jail," he says.

Ahmed Javed, who is in charge of maintaining law and order in the state of Maharashtra, says it is not that simple: "In most cases they have no passports. So, unless their nationalities are determined, they cannot be deported."

Dozens of Africans have taken up residence on Mira Road, a dusty, nondescript town just outside Mumbai.

One "illegal immigrant" there asked me for money, claiming he had not eaten for two days.

He looked worried and told me that he had been approached by drug dealers to work for them.

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by ooshinibos: 9:13am On Nov 07, 2013
Tajsagay: I recently went to a certain firm yesterday to make inquiries and right at the front desk, two officials there were conversing. They were blasting their Indian boss right in front of me a stranger. I was really shocked. I also recalled another acquaintance that really hated her Indian boss and never had anything good to say about him. SO FOR NAIRALANDERS WITH INDIAN BOSSES, ARE THEY THAT BAD?
depends ,maybe you came across the indians that have a racist mindset , we have them in England too , not all of them are but racist indians do exist ..especially the educated and upper class ones :
see excerp from bbc :

Start Quote
End Quote
Ikeorah Junior

'Hide and seek'

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Beennkumar(m): 9:13am On Nov 07, 2013
willibounce:

Don't mind the foo.ool. working 75hours for 20$ is hard work to him. Sme ppl are just annoying.
$20 = Rs. 1,254/week = Rs. 5,016/month (approximately)

If you read properly, you'd see he mentioned that it was the salary of children working at a garment store.

Now, do you have any idea what Rs. 5,000 can get you in India? Or do you think it's the same as N5,000?
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Chinaimporter: 9:17am On Nov 07, 2013
occam: Why are Indians even managing Nigerians in Nigerian companies in the first place? Don't we have competent People managers?

Britons are bosses in their country, Canadians are bosses in their country, Indians are bosses in their country... So why is our own case different?

[size=18pt]indians are not even leaders in their country
The de facto ruler of india is an italian woman sonia gandhi.that shows you their inferiority complex.in arabia,indians are regarded as shity,dirty,meek ppl with very tiny man rod[/size]
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by logica(m): 9:22am On Nov 07, 2013
Ugosample: There are many ignorant people on this thread. For those who haven't been to India, know today that they are workaholics. Even the children are not left out. I know a garment shop in which these children work 75 hours every week and are paid $20 for the same period. And this is serious work,no arbitrary breaks. Anyone saying that a sizeable % of Nigerians, especially the youth ain't lazy, that person is delusional.
There is a difference between workaholics and slaves:
JAPANESE - Workaholics
INDIANS - Slaves.

Children working 75 hours every week does not sound like child abuse to you? In fact, therein you have child abuse, forced child labor and slavery all rolled in.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Abee79(m): 9:28am On Nov 07, 2013
Please, can you rephrase the question? I've got Indians on my payroll cool
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Tbase2: 9:30am On Nov 07, 2013
yeah man they are terible in victoria island they's this india owned company which employs only females but before hiring them they First fu**ck this ladys to shred discusting bastards they are there was a certain Time i saw a tape of this indians 3 of them taking turns on one of my friend a girl if not for lack money i could have sue thier asse***s
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 07, 2013
T'base:
yeah man they are terible in victoria island they's this india owned company which employs only females but before hiring them they First fu**ck this ladys to shred discusting bastards they are there was a certain Time i saw a tape of this indians 3 of them taking turns on one of my friend a girl if not for lack money i could have sue thier asse***s
are you sure JEEZ!!! this is not work... this one is INDECENCY JOB
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by ubcandid(m): 9:49am On Nov 07, 2013
T'base:
Do you still have access to the tape, we can do something now about that if she was forced to do that.
One thing i know some nigerian girls see foreigners as an opportunity to make money and are ready to do anything mostly in port harcourt.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by ehibia(m): 10:13am On Nov 07, 2013
Well, in my own coy, our Indian staff are one of the most intelligent ones, they are serious on the job, if u happen to have one as a boss, they could be a bit pushy in order to get the desired work target(s). However it depends on how you want to see it, their are as many bad Nigerian bosses as their are Indian Bosses, just like we equally have lazy Nigeria and Indian workers. its not about race, tribe or what have u. its about individuals..

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by ooshinibos: 10:20am On Nov 07, 2013
sCun: Are you not a Nigerian in the UK? What busniness have you set up yourself? Armchair critic.

i beg to differ sir , Restaurant 805 on old kent road, london is the only good Nigerian Restaurant , i think its because the nigerian owner , employed qualified international caterer from all over the world , the owner made me proud as a nIGERIAN MAN
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by selfmade5000: 10:26am On Nov 07, 2013
If you are still in doubt about working with INDIANS..please try working in any of BUA GROUP subsidiaries especially BUA FLOUR MILLS AND PASTA. You will know better when you hear the name imran Rashid!
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by TTgirl: 10:55am On Nov 07, 2013
Do Niegrians in Nigeia have more organic brains than Nigerians in diaspora?
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by seangy4konji: 10:56am On Nov 07, 2013
How will i know this when my grad certificate is at the bottom om my travelling bag
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 07, 2013
indianin9ja:

This is just human nature. In Africa, they're high on the social/racial hierarchy, but in Europe, they're low. So they have to act accordingly.

shut up there, you castrated he goat!

come to durumi phase 1 or wuse 2
the Indians there are the humblest creatures known to man

it is when they get to the market and offices that they lord over their workers...and shoes shiners and maids

around here these guys greet you with their hands folded and a sh!t eating grin, and are even afraid to go out.....who dash you high social...
infact you are high on high octane hashish....go to Uganda after amin and Zimbabwe and see how "high" you are................

what insolence......
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 07, 2013
and......back to the topic

yes most indian bosses are bad, up to 90%, so you can generalize, though I have never been a victim I have witnessed some very inhuman treatment of Nigerians by Indians and Lebanese bosses
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by deolumike(m): 11:09am On Nov 07, 2013
pharmow: I snivel silently when I realized the level our society has degenerated to. To be sincere with ourselves, the ethical conduct of a Nigerian worker is lower than global average. However, there are causes for these ethical misconducts which are not far-fetched. The hardship and failed promises from governance over the decades have hardened many Nigerians and wrongly changed people's perception on ethical conducts and the way they do things generally. Another good point to mention here is our societal norm of giving recognition to people with wealth irrespective of our they amass the wealth has made people to look for fastest way to make money and make some people to have attitude that they can kill themselves on little salary they are making. Also, the fact that the salary earned by Nigerian worker is meagre in comparison to the duties assigned makes work related ethical issues in Nigeria complex.

You can see the angle I'm coming from that there are many factors that attributes to the work ethical conducts of Nigerians. Nevertheless, I totally disagree with some people assertion that Nigerians are lazier than Indians. I challenge anyone to come up with any fact to prove this. No one is in position to compare the work ethics of two different nationals without putting into consideration the neutrality of the country. What I mean is that U can be in Nigeria and compare the work ethics of Nigerians with Indians, likewise U can be in India and compare work ethics of Indians and Nigerians. Because an average Nigerian will feel like this is my country and No foreigner should come and start treating me anyhow without a good pay; which is exactly what an Indian will do if he/she is employed by a Nigerian in India

Having said so much, from what I have read and what I'm seeing, we Nigerians are one of the most hard working people in the world. Stepping out of the country will make one understand this fact. Though there are many Nigerians that are involved in illegal dealings (this boils down to the above mentioned point that people respect you for your money irrespective of how you make it), but in an organized society where people get reasonable benefits for their hardwork, there is respect and appreciation for one's effort and money is not worship a typical Nigeria will carry out his duty effectively.

NB: One cannot totally blame an Indian employer that pay a graduate #30,000 because if it is boldly written in the law that minimum wage is #18,000, then he hasn't done anything wrong. Moreso, is not the fault of an Indian employer that's inhumane to his workers. If your government treat you terribly, how do you expect a foreigner to treat U?
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by slightlyMad(f): 11:19am On Nov 07, 2013
Dovahkiin:

ode see what is impressing you grin grin , they launched a rocket to mars while majority of their population wallow in poverty and unemployment , and terrorists continue to blow $hit up , this whole mars launch shit is just a pissing contest . cant Bleep with their hustle tho , like the jews , they suceed anywhere they go and when they do , they help their other indians suceed . We nigerians might want to pick up on that .

Are you included in that generalization as a fellow Nigerian cos you are coming off all high and mighty

i work very hard so i think it is grand theft when i pay you 100% salary to work for 30days
and you skip some days, because you have to take your mom to the hospital (the usual line used by all of them)

you see, it's an agreement, you have to fulfill ur end for me to fulfill mine.
capish!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Policeman In Uniform Gets Himself Drunk After Taking Ogogoro.see Reactions(pics) / UNIUYO Staff Electrocuted While Reconnecting Vandalized Armored Cable (Photos) / I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.