Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED (4780 Views)

How Sex Can Make Or Mar Your Marriage / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / #debate2013 "Does Religion Make/mar Relationships?" - PARTAKERS NEEDED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hello everyone! Welcome to the November 2013 debate, "does religion make/mar relationships?"! The debate will be contested by selected members who indicated their willingness and interest in this debate. They will seek to convince us with their well researched points...

The debaters would be judged individually by Content, presentation style/ delivery, grammatical correctness, sentence construction, clarity, fluency, sound reasoning and the ability to carry the audience along.

There will be 3 rounds of debating.

The debaters from the supporting side would post their arguments one after the other, and when they are done, the debaters from the opposing side would post theirs.

After that, the judges would award points to each of the individual debaters and then the thread will be locked for 15 mins, to enable the debaters prepare for the next round.

The debaters would be paired up.

After round one, they would only reply to whoever it is they were paired up with. For instance, if sexkillz was paired up with Jaybee, after the first round, Ogugua88 would post a reply to what sexkillz has written and sexkillz would post a reply to what Ogugua88 wrote as well...

Individual points will be collated and then, the side with the highest scores win.

It promises to be fun and educative if we pay attention to the rules.

Debaters should avoid any kind of insulting words.

Reply only to your opposing member to maintain orderliness.

The audience should please refrain from contributing until they are asked to do so.

The judges will be basing their judgement and awarding points on:

Content: 5 points

Presentation style/delivery: 5 points

Grammatical correctness: 5 points

Sentence construction: 5 points

Clarity/fluency: 5 points

Sound reasoning: 5 points

Therefore, the maximum points a debaters can accrue is 30 points per round.

The side with the highest number of collective individual points, win.

Judges will not interrupt the debate. They would only post individual scores after each round. And they would do this before the commencement of each round except the first round.

This was set up by someone imperfect and who is open to corrections, so please, after the debate is over, your suggestions would be welcomed.
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
Debaters' List

PRO (MAKE)
1. larride
2. fflamingo
3. ITBomb
4. Preceedo
5. sakaguchi

CON (MAR)
1. homesteady
2. timpaker
3. pc guru
4. GustavoFring
5. chukxy44
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
Judges

1. El Guapo
2. Adaeze003
3. xynerise
4. alutacontinua
5. texanomaly
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
The debate will officially start once our judges and debaters are present. smiley
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by UyiIredia(m): 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
Available but on low battery.
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by UyiIredia(m): 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
Where's my name angry I expressed interest in this o!
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by homesteady(m): 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
Present! smiley
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by UyiIredia(m): 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ogugua why isn't my name on the debaters list you gave stated that I shouod be on the mar team.
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
*grabs my reading glasses and pen*
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Ogugua why isn't my name on the debaters list you gave stated that I shouod be on the mar team.

Hold on.
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by timpaker(m): 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2013

**takes a seat**
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by UyiIredia(m): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
ogugua88:

Hold on.

Okay.
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by UyiIredia(m): 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
Waiting. Now 'African time' has since caught up woth the debate.
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Okay.

I see what happened. With my email issue, I think the MAR side was full by the time my email was working again, and I didn't realize that even though you kept pointing it out.

Some debaters are having issues, and I'm trying to get them online. More than likely, there may be a salt available on either side, if that remedies my err at all. cry
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Waiting. Now 'African time' has since caught up woth the debate.

Lol no. This usually happens. Getting all 15 online at once is actually difficult.
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
So I've seen two judges and three debaters so far...
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by UyiIredia(m): 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
ogugua88:

I see what happened. With my email issue, I think the MAR side was full by the time my email was working again, and I didn't realize that even though you kept pointing it out.

Some debaters are having issues, and I'm trying to get them online. More than likely, there may be a salt available on either side, if that remedies my err at all. cry

If I get to debate I'll take it as a remedy.
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by timpaker(m): 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2013

Its past 6pm
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by homesteady(m): 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
timpaker:
Its past 6pm

6:32 to be precise now!
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by timpaker(m): 6:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
homesteady:

6:32 to be precise now!

Jheez!!!
Time is expensive ooooo
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
Uyi Iredia: If I get to debate I'll take it as a remedy.

That's fair.
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by fflamingo(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
Bows and take a seat amidst other co debaters
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
homesteady: 6:32 to be precise now!

timpaker:
Jheez!!!
Time is expensive ooooo

Ndo.
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
Judges and debaters, if you're online, mark your presence if you haven't already. So far we have 4 debaters and 1 judge on this thread, and it's 6:47pm. I don't think anyone will be happy if the debate is postponed again.
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by UyiIredia(m): 6:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
I'm around and I hope I'm a debater. Yet to know which side I'm on.
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by UyiIredia(m): 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
fflamingo: Bows and take a seat amidst other co debaters

Latecomer angry
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
Duty Check cool
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by homesteady(m): 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
Some of the debaters have not been online since yesterday! shocked
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by UyiIredia(m): 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
If there are 2 debaters each from each side and 2 judges as is the case let the debate start. Agreed ?
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by ITbomb(m): 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ready
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by UyiIredia(m): 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
Oya o ! Gusts 7 wan back.
Re: Does Religion Make Or Mar Relationships? #debateENDED by UyiIredia(m): 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
Oya o ! Gusts 7 wan nack.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Best Reaction When U Get Slapped By Ur Girlfriend / Modern Conversation Between Husband And Wife / 17 Struggles Every Mixed Race Nigerian Knows To Be True (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.