Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

HIV/AIDS Support Group.... - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV/AIDS Support Group.... (46666 Views)

Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS / CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by frankloloko: 11:02am On May 22, 2017
i have pain in my shoulder and its always off and on , is it hiv ?
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by frankloloko: 11:04am On May 22, 2017
nnamdiokere45:
how did u find out u wer positive
men youre here? help me ask him oh .
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by stephleena(f): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
Mrkazz:

Laboratory test..
so u are positive? sorry to ask,how did it happen? like how did u feel finding out? were u sick? am just curious.
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by KillerBeauty(f): 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Call HIV advocacy Call Center if you want information on HIV and other reproductive health issues. Call us on 07009000500.

Our services include free HIV testing, treatment for Sexual transmitted infections(STI), Cervical cancer screening, Family planning and treatment and counseling for people living with HIV.

Our clinics are located in 7 states in Nigeria including Lagos, Abuja, Nassarawa, Benue, Cross river, Rivers, and Akwa Ibom state.

All our services in our clinics from consultancy to testing and medication are completely free.

Our clinics are open from Monday to Friday 8.00AM-5.00PM.

You can call our call center 24hrs seven days a week on 07009000500.

HIV Advocacy Call Center is a SHiPs for MARPs project sponsored by USAID and the American people and executed by The Society for Family Health (SFH) and it's partners.

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by chadwidfriz: 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
stephleena:

so u are positive? sorry to ask,how did it happen? like how did u feel finding out? were u sick? am just curious.

Stephleena. Are you +++ to hiv? Did like to know you
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by stephleena(f): 10:08pm On Aug 17, 2017
chadwidfriz:

Stephleena. Are you +++ to hiv? Did like to know you
no am not...actually the said guy sent me a p.m,and I was a bit surprised he's positive.. that was why,I asked him those questions.. am just curious, how it happens, how do u guys feel,wat were the symptoms and all..
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by chadwidfriz: 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2017
stephleena:

no am not...actually the said guy sent me a p.m,and I was a bit surprised he's positive.. that was why,I asked him those questions.. am just curious, how it happens, how do u guys feel,wat were the symptoms and all..

Its okk sweet. Truly. I don't have an answer to these your questions.

But before I forget. You are beautiful
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by stephleena(f): 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
chadwidfriz:

Its okk sweet. Truly. I don't have an answer to these your questions.
But before I forget. You are beautiful
thanks..u re negative?
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by shege45: 7:13am On Aug 18, 2017
stephleena:

lol...i can relate to this feeling. as at some months back i was like ds until i tested.tank God it came out negative
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Spicy128(f): 8:53am On Aug 18, 2017
Hop3 u dont mind me asking but how do u get your drugs...... my colleague is hiv positive and im d only one he told. He discocered this year though. But when his cd4 runs down, how will he get drugs??
how will he know his CD4 is down if not by running a test on the hospital lab, in that same Hospital he can access care, in the hospital I work we don't run CD4 for someone who is not our client.
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by chadwidfriz: 10:44am On Aug 18, 2017
stephleena:

thanks..u re negative?

No dear I v got the feeling too +++
Email me @ flowflexy@gmail.com
Let's gist
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2017
MrLarryWhyte:
Good day viewers all over the world, I am Dr Larry Odumera From
Africa Nigeria,the ancient city of ile-ife in Ogun State, I am here
to let people of the world see by themselves that there is a herbal
cure for HIV virus. This cure has been in existence for the past a
year and half from now in my country, since then i have statistically
cured over 25-30 persons within my country and Africa in particular, I have used this herbal medications cured several diseases here in my country, That's why i decided to extend the good work of my herbal practices i inherited from my fore fathers free of charge to the world as to help safe life in my own generation. Many people taught there is no cure for HIV Virus, that's why i have come out openly to prove such persons wrong by giving same herbal medications to such person or their friends and relatives who are victims of HIV Virus, For them to see reasons to testimony my herbal medicines.
I also specialized in the following herbal treatment and spiritual
spell work like:
1. To help get back your ex or husband
2. Spell to win Lottery or Lotto
3. Spell to win political position and office promotion
4. Own your own magic ring of success and power
5. Herbal cure for all kinds of diseases.

Note: That you reading this post now might be healthy and problem
free, but remember you have people around you who may be having one
issue or the other bordering them in their inner heart, and may
eventually one day lead to their death, why not safe a soul today by
prescribing my herbal solution to someone you love. Thanks and God
Bless everyone reading this post.

My personal contact are:
Email: drlarryodumera@gmail.com
Facebook: Larry Odumera
LinkedIn: Larry Odumera
WhatsApp: +2347037083425
US Contact: +1-3035005863
Bleep out here scammer and don't try to invest on this people's bitterness slowpoke, you disgust me!

I pray for strength to each and everyone of you. I used to stigmatize anyways when I was younger but now I know better to show love and it would go a long way to keep the patient healthy.
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Mrkazz: 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
stephleena:

Sorry I'm responding quite late...Well..how i felt. First I just wanted to run a test for my genotype and i just felt I should go on with the HIV test too. It wasnt planned and the results wasn't wasnt what i expected. Normally I felt bad but then I motivate myself and move on. I still have a whole lot to accomplish and I felt there's nothing stopping me from reaching my full potentials. People react to things differently though. I wasn't sick after I realized but won't deny the fact that I woke up every morning consistently for about a week hoping it was a dream. But then I've moved on and I'm doing my bit to encourage others to stay strong. How're you doing friend?

3 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by applelady(f): 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2017
chadwidfriz:

i wish i had Bros like you.
i would have finish my career by now
i thought it was over coupled wf d fact that i have seen many die including someone who infected me
i just wanted something to kill m because i cant kill myself
and you know funny people,clowns etc always live a solitude life .

Pick up your life and start living, I am living 7 years with it and still counting, started drug 2 years back, doing a business I so much love and enjoying my life. Don't stop chasing your dream dear. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by NoContract(m): 6:14am On Nov 24, 2017
Zonacom:
During my I.T in a medical lab this year i was exposed to the HIV virus in the lab while collecting a patient's blood sample. I was placed on one month post exposure prophylaxis so as to kill of the virus before it undergoes seroconversion. The process is said to be largely effective though in certain isolated cases, the virus still resists the drugs. I finished the one month drug course in september and have gone for testing twice which came out negative. By february next year, that is 6 months after i was exposed, i will know whether i'm actually negative to the virus.
Meanwhile, i must confess that i'm presently kinda afraid cos i easily have headaches and some other abnormalies i seldom experienced before the exposure.
When i was on the ART drugs however, i read a lot about HIV and how its managed and i think i know better now. Hopefully, come february i'll be sure of my status but whatever be the case i have come to realise that the fastest thing that causes death due to HIV is stigmatization . We need to end stigmatization if we hope to defeat HIV.

I know it has been a long time since since you wrote this but how far with the result?
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by NoContract(m): 6:22am On Nov 24, 2017
Gramondhigh:
Thanks for sharing. I tested positive five yrs ago. And not yet on drugs. I tk good food, a lot of immune boosters good sleep and positive thinking I need positive friends so we could discuss our welfare togeda.

Still not yet on drugs?
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by hidhrhis(m): 10:30am On Nov 24, 2017
AnOlderAmerican:
If there is a chance that you have been exposed to HIV, it is important to be tested.

Symptoms are not a reliable way to diagnose HIV infection. Testing is the only way to be certain of your HIV status.

Most people who have been recently infected with HIV do not have any signs or symptoms. If there is a chance that you have been exposed to HIV, it is important to be tested. If you find out that you are HIV negative, you can do things to protect yourself. If you find out that you are HIV positive, you can do things to protect others. You can also talk with your healthcare provider about HIV treatment to help control the virus and help keep your immune system strong.

As HIV advances, the symptoms can worsen

Over time, more severe symptoms may appear and get worse.
Left untreated, HIV will usually turn into AIDS in about 10 years.
By the time AIDS develops, the immune system has been badly damaged.

Also, illnesses that would not bother a person with a healthy immune system may happen.

These are called opportunistic diseases.

The signs and symptoms of some of these AIDS-related illnesses may include:

Swollen lymph glands
Diarrhea that is frequent or ongoing
Frequent high fevers (over 100°F)
Shaking chillsSoaking night sweats
Cough
Shortness of breath
Unplanned or rapid weight loss
Feeling very tired
White spots or sores on your tongue or in your mouth that do not go away
Headaches
Blurred and distorted vision
Skin rashes or bumps

Left untreated, HIV will weaken your immune system and may affect other vital organs and systems. HIV treatment may help reduce the risk of damage to your immune system and vital organs by reducing HIV-related inflammation.«

HIV BASICS
have being having white spot on my tongue for quite some time that wont go away and i went to d hospital to conduct hiv test and it was negative and i did d hiv test like 8 times within the first 9 weeks of my last sexual encounter came back all negative in three different hospitals.
due to my lack of rest of mind i rushed to the laboratory to conduct a oral swab test and i was told to co!e back for the result after 4 days and after d 4th day d doctor said it was said to be streptococcus
let me now share my sexual encounter
when i came back from school earlier this year i decided to have sex with my long time girlfriend cos i wanted her to be the first girl im going to have sex with so i invited her to my house but i only had like three seconds sex with her(i only put my penis in her vagina and i removed it cos i was afraid) but the second day i started feeling severe pain during urination i rushed to the chemist and i was given some antibiotic which i used for 10 days after d tenth day my conscience wont let me be so i rushed down to the laboratory to tell them what happened to me abt d pain during urination and i was told to do urine test to check for std i did d test but it all came back negative....i dont know what came over me after some days i started checking for hiv symptoms so i saw dis white patches on tongue so i went to d mirror to check mine alas d white patches was on my tongue but (note dat have never brush my tongue before) i rushed to the hospital to do d hiv test came back negative but d person who conducted d test was acting somehow so i rushed to another hospital to do another one non-reactive,and d doctor said how many weeks is it since i had d sex i told him 8 weeks but when i told him i only have like 4 seconds sex d doctor was laughing at me so when it was exactly 90 days i went to a military hospital to complain about the white tongue and i lied to her dat d first hospital i went to said it is oral thrush so she directed me to d laboratory to do d hiv test i was so afraid during the test but it came back negative so the woman said i should always brush my tongue everytime that it is as a result of poor oral hygiene
my question is with all this test should i still do another hiv test cos i did both the antigen and antibody test within this 90 days?
with this seconds of sex i had and the hiv test in the first three month cos d doctor said if it is hiv it would have shown by now whatz d assurance it is hiv and not showing cos im really confuse
That was my first sex and it only lasted for few seconds not up to a minute please whatz d probability it is hiv
within the three month i did the test in three different hospital one in a military hospital cos i live close to the barracks

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Zonacom(m): 12:30pm On Nov 25, 2017
NoContract:

I know it has been a long time since since you wrote this but how far with the result?
Wow! Have almost forgotten I shared this experience on nairaland. The result was negative same with other subsequent tests. I've made it a habit though to do the test biannually. Stay healthy.
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2017
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Gramondhigh(m): 3:25pm On Jan 07, 2018
I Am on drugs now for about one year and viral load is undetectable
NoContract:

Still not yet on drugs?

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Maxy16: 8:10am On Apr 19, 2018
Since i tested +ve bk in 2004 as a teenager this is d ist time i am openly talking about my status. 4 d majority of my life i av been fine but recently troubled because i av developed strong feelings for a very good friend of mine. I have always consider it evil going into a relationship wt someone wtout letting the person knw of my status. I want to tell her, but neva in my life have i been extremely scared of what her reaction will be. I have already come to terms within me that she ll definitely refuse evn tho my viral load in undectable, what i am really scared of is loosing her friendship as well. At this point i ll appreciate your advice and contributions as regards my situation.
Thanks all.
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Stelchizzy(f): 8:50pm On Apr 10, 2019
Hi, anyone, I know this thread has been quiet for a while pls, if anyone can read this pls, I need help, I don't know how I to hold on anymore, been + for two years nw, but it is still weighing me down, I have no one to talk too, and the urge of taking my life is getting stronger day by day.
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Stelchizzy(f): 8:51pm On Apr 10, 2019
Pls can I get a group I cn participate in and talk to anyone physically, or just a peer group,
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Horiolah(m): 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
Stelchizzy:
Hi, anyone, I know this thread has been quiet for a while pls, if anyone can read this pls, I need help, I don't know how I to hold on anymore, been + for two years nw, but it is still weighing me down, I have no one to talk too, and the urge of taking my life is getting stronger day by day.

pls don't take your own life.

You just need to stay healthy and believe in yourself.

What abt family?
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Horiolah(m): 10:52pm On Apr 10, 2019
Stelchizzy:
Pls can I get a group I cn participate in and talk to anyone physically, or just a peer group,

Gramondhigh

Mrkazz

lalasticlala

Seun

Anybody here??
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Stelchizzy(f): 11:04pm On Apr 10, 2019
Horiolah:

pls don't take your own life.

See you've been positive for two yrs, nothing happened. You just need to stay healthy and believe in yourself.

What abt family?

Not helping matters
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by fmranky: 11:23pm On Apr 10, 2019
well this is a good topic for those PLWHIV to because there's a good news for you, stem cell has the ability of taking of your HIV including other diseases that doctors claimed has no cure like sickle cell,glaucoma, any kind of Cancer including leukemia, goitre, prostrate, ovarian cyst etc. call Dr.Ranky for your cure on +2348121164767
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Horiolah(m): 8:19am On Apr 11, 2019
Stelchizzy:

Not helping matters
check your pm
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Gramondhigh(m): 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2019
[quote author=Horiolah post=77439437]

Gramondhigh
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Gramondhigh(m): 1:20pm On Apr 14, 2019
fmranky:
well this is a good topic for those PLWHIV to because there's a good news for you, stem cell has the ability of taking of your HIV including other diseases that doctors claimed has no cure like sickle cell,glaucoma, any kind of Cancer including leukemia, goitre, prostrate, ovarian cyst etc. call Dr.Ranky for your cure on +2348121164767
Do you think anyone can Afford a Stem Cell transplant is cheap? hey please dont lure people into collecting their hard earned money.

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by NoContract(m): 4:26pm On Apr 14, 2019
Stelchizzy:
ok
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by lifenajeje(m): 6:28am On Apr 18, 2019
fmranky:

Yahoo yahoo doctor..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

387 New COVID-19 Cases, 105 Discharged And 2 Deaths On May 29 - (2099 Tested) / A Lesson From Tramadol Abuse / US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.