Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,820 members, 7,813,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

HIV/AIDS Support Group.... - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV/AIDS Support Group.... (46668 Views)

Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS / CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by plendil: 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
Unikbeau:
Anybody in the house?

Hello Unikbeau, how are you? smiley
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
plendil:

Hello Unikbeau, how are you? smiley
I'm good u?
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by nateaseni(m): 4:59am On Jun 11, 2015
My former school (university) still does test every session, if you are positive you'll be sent out
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by plendil: 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
Unikbeau:
I'm good u?

I'm fine thanks. So how has it been? How has the experience been?
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by plendil: 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
nateaseni:
My former school (university) still does test every session, if you are positive you'll be sent out

Very bad. Such practises should be made illegal. I really wonder what our legislators are doing angry
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Teeeestone(m): 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
awepluz:
The fact dat I will take dis drug for life is depressing. God knows best. Pls weat are d side effects? I av d 30tablets wit me now but want to take iit after this important program! HIV! I never knew u would get me, who ever invented u will never rest in rip!!!!!!!!!
What should I do to boost my immune system? Ma CD4 is in d late 200. Wat food and activities should I engage in? I'm too young to go thru all dis! Yet I'm not wild! Wilder ppl nd careless ppl r free nd here I am? I started aving symptom after I got to know abt status, was perfectly fine before getting to know, ma doctors and pharmacist r tryn but I just feel dey are making me feel good.. Dey are acting like its just a normal disease nd no bigdeal is attached! Welllllll, if not for ma weight loss, I look ok.. So HIV no dey show for face Pls sumbody wake me up from this horrible dream, I'm even trying to cry but tears aren't coming? Where is dis inner strenght coming from? I can't even find dat voice dat will telll me to csuicide! somebody talk to me. I'm scared for my parents! #sobs

IT IS WELL MY DEAREST BROTHER.....LIFE GOES ON....PLS EVERYONE ONE IRRESPECTIVE OF HIS/HER STATUS HAS LITTLE TIME TO SPEND ON THIS PLANET . SUCH IS LIFE. YOU CAN REACH ME ON . LOVE YOU MY BROTHER
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by delishpot: 10:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
Place your left hand on this text as I pray with you all who are HIV+ the God of the whole earth and Universe heal you completly of this uncomfortable disease. Let your next test show HIV negative. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by prettyjo(f): 6:21am On Apr 12, 2016
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by gibzzhd: 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2016
can anyone drop his no here I need to communicate on any with real ARV pharmacology experience.positive ones too 08039298680
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by gibzzhd: 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2016
can anyone drop his no here I need to communicate to any one with real ARV pharmacology experience.positive ones too 08039298680
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by teddybearlove(f): 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
awepluz:
The fact dat I will take dis drug for life is depressing. God knows best. Pls weat are d side effects? I av d 30tablets wit me now but want to take iit after this important program! HIV! I never knew u would get me, who ever invented u will never rest in rip!!!!!!!!!
What should I do to boost my immune system? Ma CD4 is in d late 200. Wat food and activities should I engage in? I'm too young to go thru all dis! Yet I'm not wild! Wilder ppl nd careless ppl r free nd here I am? I started aving symptom after I got to know abt status, was perfectly fine before getting to know, ma doctors and pharmacist r tryn but I just feel dey are making me feel good.. Dey are acting like its just a normal disease nd no bigdeal is attached! Welllllll, if not for ma weight loss, I look ok.. So HIV no dey show for face Pls sumbody wake me up from this horrible dream, I'm even trying to cry but tears aren't coming? Where is dis inner strenght coming from? I can't even find dat voice dat will telll me to csuicide! somebody talk to me. I'm scared for my parents! #sobs

Use Selace it's good for immune boosting cos I use it as well
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by delishpot: 8:12am On Sep 14, 2016
Prayer of faith....

Lay your hand on the screen as I say a prayer of support with love..

The spirit of healing overtake this body and restore back health and joy for ever and ever. World without end Amen.

4 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by fsb(m): 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2016
The good news is that viral load testing is no longer targeted (where doctor only requests it under specific circumstances and for specific patients) but routine (for every clients on ARVs)

Any client who has been on ARVs for at least 6 months is eligible to have a viral load test. The viral load test measures the number of viral copies per milliliter of blood as against the CD4 test which measures the absolute number of CD4 T-lymphocytes, which is an indirect measure of a person's response to ARVs. Aside that the viral load is a direct and sensitive measure of how well the virus is getting suppressed as a result of ARVs.

To simplify this, if you have used ARVS for at least 6 months and has been adherent, your viral load should be less than 1,000 copies per ml, although it's better to have much lower numbers such as under 20 copies per ml. This iis known as virologic suppression. If you have achieved virologic suppression, it's much easier for your CD4 to rise (cos there is minimal viral replication; the process of replication destroys CD4 cells). With a rising CD4, your immunity is in better shape and you have a minimal chance of developing an opportunistic infection such as tuberculosis.

If you are on ARVs, ask your doctor about how you can get a viral load test as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by applelady(f): 6:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
fsb:
The good news is that viral load testing is no longer targeted (where doctor only requests it under specific circumstances and for specific patients) but routine (for every clients on ARVs)

Any client who has been on ARVs for at least 6 months is eligible to have a viral load test. The viral load test measures the number of viral copies per milliliter of blood as against the CD4 test which measures the absolute number of CD4 T-lymphocytes, which is an indirect measure of a person's response to ARVs. Aside that the viral load is a direct and sensitive measure of how well the virus is getting suppressed as a result of ARVs.

To simplify this, if you have used ARVS for at least 6 months and has been adherent, your viral load should be less than 1,000 copies per ml, although it's better to have much lower numbers such as under 20 copies per ml. This iis known as virologic suppression. If you have achieved virologic suppression, it's much easier for your CD4 to rise (cos there is minimal viral replication; the process of replication destroys CD4 cells). With a rising CD4, your immunity is in better shape and you have a minimal chance of developing an opportunistic infection such as tuberculosis.

Yes that's true, as at last month my viral load was 22 after using the drug for just 6 months, my advice is for patients to be consistent with their drugs, try as much as possible not to skip ur drugs, it's all well, we shall overcome.
@awepluz, stop that self pity, it's one of those challenges of life, take ur drug and live ur life, it's not a death sentence, I have been with it for 6 years and still counting, I look healthy and I am healthy. I have met patients that have lived with it for 15 years and are as healthy as every other non positive people.

5 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by fsb(m): 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
applelady:

Yes that's true, as at last month my viral load was 22 after using the drug for just 6 months, my advice is for patients to be consistent with their drugs, try as much as possible not to skip ur drugs, it's all well, we shall overcome.
@awepluz, stop that self pity, it's one of those challenges of life, take ur drug and live ur life, it's not a death sentence, I have been with it for 6 years and still counting, I look healthy and I am healthy. I have met patients that have lived with it for 15 years and are as healthy as every other non positive people.

That's excellent news. I hope other people would feel free to share their experiences experiences on this forum since my experience is that most people are too shy or embarrassed to be actively involved in the community support groups.
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by vareal(m): 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2016
I feel so amazed hw people show lots of lv here. I pray that the God of peace wil bless any one who has showed love here. I suggest that the govt shuld open national acc where those willin can mek contribution fo PLWHA. Really wnt to participate

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by fsb(m): 10:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
vareal:
I feel so amazed hw people show lots of lv here. I pray that the God of peace wil bless any one who has showed love here. I suggest that the govt shuld open national acc where those willin can mek contribution fo PLWHA. Really wnt to participate

A lovely idea and I think it would be interesting to see how such funds are managed.

There are several ways you can help. Donating to an NGO is an admirable thing but giving that 'change has yet to begin with us', you might start with supporting a child orphaned by HIV/AIDS.
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by purple300: 3:46am On Oct 02, 2016
gibzzhd:
can anyone drop his no here I need to communicate to any one with real ARV pharmacology experience.positive ones too 08039298680
hello everyone,let us join hands together and fight hiv stigma,feel free to join our BBM family: D1ED92F1 or 7B893904 or follow us on instagram @RED_HIV_BBM_WATTSAP_FAMILY where you meet with beautiful ladies and handsome men who are positive and eager to find love and friendship from all parts of the continent.Love awaits you!!!!
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by MrLarryWhyte(m): 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
Good day viewers all over the world, I am Dr Larry Odumera From
Africa Nigeria,the ancient city of ile-ife in Ogun State, I am here
to let people of the world see by themselves that there is a herbal
cure for HIV virus. This cure has been in existence for the past a
year and half from now in my country, since then i have statistically
cured over 25-30 persons within my country and Africa in particular, I have used this herbal medications cured several diseases here in my country, That's why i decided to extend the good work of my herbal practices i inherited from my fore fathers free of charge to the world as to help safe life in my own generation. Many people taught there is no cure for HIV Virus, that's why i have come out openly to prove such persons wrong by giving same herbal medications to such person or their friends and relatives who are victims of HIV Virus, For them to see reasons to testimony my herbal medicines.
I also specialized in the following herbal treatment and spiritual
spell work like:
1. To help get back your ex or husband
2. Spell to win Lottery or Lotto
3. Spell to win political position and office promotion
4. Own your own magic ring of success and power
5. Herbal cure for all kinds of diseases.

Note: That you reading this post now might be healthy and problem
free, but remember you have people around you who may be having one
issue or the other bordering them in their inner heart, and may
eventually one day lead to their death, why not safe a soul today by
prescribing my herbal solution to someone you love. Thanks and God
Bless everyone reading this post.

My personal contact are:
Email: drlarryodumera@gmail.com
Facebook: Larry Odumera
LinkedIn: Larry Odumera
WhatsApp: +2347037083425
US Contact: +1-3035005863
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by purple300: 12:29am On Oct 03, 2016
creamoflove:
I am a young man, 29 years, also +.. and want a God fearing Lady for relationship and a life partner. she must whatsapp, call or sms 08074483314
Thank you
Hello dear feel free to join our BBM group on D1ED9271 or 7b893904 and find hiv positives for love,friendship and a positive family to rely on
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by purple300: 12:38am On Oct 03, 2016
fsb:
Okay so on NL, there are threads for everything including how to secure a visa (not that the idea of eloping is bad altogether)....anyway, I work in that field and I thought it might be a good idea to start an online support group thread dedicated to every nairalander living with HIV.

For those who have successfully been on antiretrovirals for years, please share your experiences/challenges with us as someone in here might benefit.

For those looking for answers to questions, please come in here ....physicians providing ARV care are also welcome.

Hello everyone please all positives are welcome to join our BBM family on D1ED9271 or wattsap group on +2348171966290 where you can find love,friendship and a wonderful family that you can count on
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by chadwidfriz: 6:41am On May 10, 2017
prettyjo:

chat m up @ flowflexy@gmail.com
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by prettyjo(f): 2:11pm On May 13, 2017
chadwidfriz:

undecided
chadwidfriz:

Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by chadwidfriz: 7:15pm On May 13, 2017
prettyjo:

undecided

dear am still waiting unless you are already hooked
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Mrkazz: 1:40am On May 14, 2017
I realized I was positive last year. It happened when I had a crucial exams to write. I was destabilized but life happens. I picked myself up and moved on. It was really challenging for me but I never let it weigh me down. I still made top of the class despite all. I know how it feels but I choose to be happy. Now I've overcome the trauma and all. I adhere strictly to my medications, I'm living healthy and Still chasing my dreams.
Sometimes I just need people I can talk to, friends that'll understand and I hope motivate others to stay strong.

2 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Nobody: 5:51am On May 14, 2017
Mrkazz:
I realized I was positive last year. It happened when I had a crucial exams to write. I was destabilized but life happens. I picked myself up and moved on. It was really challenging for me but I never let it weigh me down. I still made top of the class despite all. I know how it feels but I choose to be happy. Now I've overcome the trauma and all. I adhere strictly to my medications, I'm living healthy and Still chasing my dreams.
Sometimes I just need people I can talk to, friends that'll understand and I hope motivate others to stay strong.
how did u find out u wer positive
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by chadwidfriz: 10:15am On May 14, 2017
Mrkazz:

i wish i had Bros like you.
i would have finish my career by now
i thought it was over coupled wf d fact that i have seen many die including someone who infected me
i just wanted something to kill m because i cant kill myself
and you know funny people,clowns etc always live a solitude life .
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Mrkazz: 7:28pm On May 21, 2017
nnamdiokere45:
how did u find out u wer positive
Laboratory test..
Re: HIV/AIDS Support Group.... by Mrkazz: 7:31pm On May 21, 2017
chadwidfriz:

i wish i had Bros like you.
i would have finish my career by now
i thought it was over coupled wf d fact that i have seen many die including someone who infected me
i just wanted something to kill m because i cant kill myself
and you know funny people,clowns etc always live a solitude life .

It's a normal feeling bro... But reality happens.
I've also seen people die instantly in different manners and from other more severe ailments.
I'm thankful always.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

A Lesson From Tramadol Abuse / US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) / 10 Things To Do To Save Your Kidney By Firstdoctorr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.