Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Recommend A Church For This Nairalander - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Recommend A Church For This Nairalander (16968 Views)

Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member / Bishop Oyedepo Orders Members To Bring Their Pvcs To Church For Prayers / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Afam4eva(m): 11:18am On Nov 10, 2013
adaobi123:

Ohh I never knew lol.
People would naturally gravitate to a place where they will be given a free hand to do as they choose. That's what led a lot of people to Christ embassy and their population keeps growing as young people continue protesting against the restrictive nature of some places of worship.

2 Likes

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 11:21am On Nov 10, 2013
Ok. first of all. my special gratitude goes to the best moderators in the world wide web. i made front page somebody! n to think that this is my first post, what a gift. thumps up n shout out to HUMBLEBYGRACE n AJIBAM. Ok. first of all. my special gratitude goes to the best moderators in the world wide web. i made front page somebody! n to think that this is my first post, what a gift. thumps up n shout out to HUMBLEBYGRACE n AJIBAM. Ok. first of all. my special gratitude goes to the best moderators in the world wide web. i made front page somebody! n to think that this is my first post, what a gift. thumps up n shout out to HUMBLEBYGRACE n AJIBAM.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by italo: 11:22am On Nov 10, 2013
The OP is looking for a place that will please her.

God's Church is to please God.

God's Church is one.

God's Church was founded by Jesus 2000 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 10, 2013
Polio:

Is C & S a church
No, it's a meeting spot for palmwine drinkers. grin
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by eunisam: 11:25am On Nov 10, 2013
1.you are just a church go-wer not a christian.
2. You want to change the church and not the Church changing u.
3.some one already suggested you open your own church and call it HCP.suit u wella
4.you need to change some verses of the Bible to suit your desire.
4a.make the church come to you and not you going to church.
4b.you also need to islamise,paganize,hindudise your system of Churching.
5.you needs deliverance from churchinizing to child of God!
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 10, 2013
Just another thread to expose how divided christianity is
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by MacLovington(m): 11:27am On Nov 10, 2013
philfearon: Church Wont lead You to Heaven......"deeds will!"
Gbam.

Actually more like faith

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by aiksneffects: 11:31am On Nov 10, 2013
Mr man you need a bible believing church not heresy. Most of the points you mentioned are unbiblical and comprise of false religions.

Independent fundamental Baptist will be good for you

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 10, 2013
adaobi123:

Ohh I never knew lol.

Even synagogue dey allow am grin grin
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by SalC: 11:37am On Nov 10, 2013
Seem like you've already recommended one for yourself.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by alotofgrace(m): 11:37am On Nov 10, 2013
is dia a perfect shosh?

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by wesley80(m): 11:38am On Nov 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
People would naturally gravitate to a place where they will be given a free hand to do as they choose. That's what led a lot of people to Christ embassy and their population keeps growing as young people continue protesting against the restrictive nature of some places of worship.
They dont necessarily have a free hand to do what they like, rather they are accepted the way they are and transformed by the Word of God. Stop speaking with authority over things you dont know.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 10, 2013
Go to The Church of Jesus Christ of the Later Day Saints
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Afam4eva(m): 11:40am On Nov 10, 2013
wesley80: They dont necessarily have a free hand to do what they like, rather they are accepted the way they are and transformed by the Word of God. Stop speaking with authority over things you dont know.
What's the difference between what yolu said and what i said? The point is that CE is a liberal church that doesn't dwell on rules like other people do. I've seen people who dress nlike prostitutes enter the church and were not questioned. I've seen guys who made their hair, wear earings and swagger their way into the church not been looked down upon. That's something you don't see in other places. I'm a quasi Christ embassy member and i know all these.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by benkings(m): 11:43am On Nov 10, 2013
SCOAN

____the Synaqoque Church Of All Nations

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by olayemi53: 11:43am On Nov 10, 2013
The Saint Gosple Church Of Christ (Hand Of Fire)
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by olayemi53: 11:47am On Nov 10, 2013
The Saint Gospel Church Of Christ (Hand Of Fire) Igando Lagos.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 11:47am On Nov 10, 2013
You seem confused.
Embrace Islam

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 11:49am On Nov 10, 2013
pls keep the ball rolling. i need more recommendations. tanks
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by SalC: 11:51am On Nov 10, 2013
jansie: pls keep the ball rolling. i need more recommendations. tanks
You are yet to make up your mind?
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by yang(m): 11:57am On Nov 10, 2013
OP what is ur main aim of going to church? Is it to look for Husband? Talk where e dey do u so that people can help u
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
alright. i gerrit but i still don't get it. here are some i attended n why i stopped going.
1. rccg: too much emphasis on hell n sin. I used to go to one where d pastor spoke so much on hell we startd callin him pastor `hell is real'. i later stopped goin
2. MFM:they war too many spiritual warfares n they are too demon-conscious
3. new generational churches:most are copycats of themselves but i still sense something missing. there is no balance.
pls recommend a good church i can go to nextweek sunday
tnks
p.s pls don't tell me i need jesus. i have jesus. i want a church with balance or moderation. too much of everything is bad
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by doctorbabs(m): 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie: hello nairalanders, kindly recommend a church for this babe. u see i've been 2 so many churches but just a few seem to douse my curiousity n even d few have so many fault that i tend to stay home attimes on sundays. ok, lemme specify some things i personaly believe in and would no doubt change. so the recommended church must believe in the following:
1.speaking in tongues
2.trinity
3.wearing trouser, earrings n not covering hair
4.tithers
5.preaching d `gospel' n not sin every single day
6. has love n care for its members n not what they can get 4rm members
7.are doers n not mere talkers
8. regularly take communion
9. celebrate all kinds of functions:bdays, wedding,etc
Amongst several things also. i want to be goin 2 church n not b a couch potato.of all d churches i've been to, i enjoy christ embassy bt they av good leaders n bad followers, too money-couscious n i realise most dont even practice what their MOG teaches, though their pastor is my mentor. kindly tell me which good church to go. o_O
tnks

what does "jesus" told u abt the way to worship him and praises and what did bible says about all u mention aboved? To obey them or select the ones that suit.

my candid advice is this: search for true God, it seems christianity is a confused religion by confutionist. on that day jesus himself we denied you people. stop worshiping God creatures but Him Himself God Almighty. Creator of all creatures, Alfa and Omega

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by SecretDreams(m): 12:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
From your post, I don't think you are born again, my opinion though.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by aurenflani: 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
Embrace Islam for your soul's salvation without having to go to where you have to spend money to pay for the services you received, like the music etc.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Splendblex(f): 12:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie: alright. i gerrit but i still don't get it. here are some i attended n why i stopped going.
1. rccg: too much emphasis on hell n sin. I used to go to one where d pastor spoke so much on hell we startd callin him pastor `hell is real'. i later stopped goin
2. MFM:they war too many spiritual warfares n they are too demon-conscious
3. new generational churches:most are copycats of themselves but i still sense something missing. there is no balance.
pls recommend a good church i can go to nextweek sunday
tnks
p.s pls don't tell me i need jesus. i have jesus. i want a church with balance or moderation. too much of everything is bad
Evangelical Church Winning All! (ECWA) is the right place to be!!!
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by luvinhubby(m): 12:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie: hello nairalanders, kindly recommend a church for this babe. u see i've been 2 so many churches but just a few seem to douse my curiousity n even d few have so many fault that i tend to stay home attimes on sundays. ok, lemme specify some things i personaly believe in and would no doubt change. so the recommended church must believe in the following:
1.speaking in tongues
2.trinity
3.wearing trouser, earrings n not covering hair
4.tithers
5.preaching d `gospel' n not sin every single day
6. has love n care for its members n not what they can get 4rm members
7.are doers n not mere talkers
8. regularly take communion
9. celebrate all kinds of functions:bdays, wedding,etc

Amongst several things also. i want to be goin 2 church n not b a couch potato.of all d churches i've been to, i enjoy christ embassy bt they av good leaders n bad followers, too money-couscious n i realise most dont even practice what their MOG teaches, though their pastor is my mentor. kindly tell me which good church to go. o_O
tnks
Well my brother, your search stops at The Redeemed Evangelical Mission(TREM), Anthony Oke.
It`s the church that is built on all the highlighted.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
recommend a church TO this nairalander
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 12:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
@Sal C
yes. i'm yet to make up my mind. i need some kind of conviction
and yes i'm born again. i just dont want to go to churches that cant preach or teach. or where they re so money conscious i start to trust on what my money can do for me n not what God's love can do
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
aurenflani: Embrace Islam for your soul's salvation without having to go to where you have to spend money to pay for the services you received, like the music etc.

We aint talking about mooslim here boy....to me, i feel to be black+nigerian+MOOSLIM = what a freak of a nature that must be.

a very terrible thing that can happen to man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? / Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round / The Parable Of The Ten Virgins - Jack Kelley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.