Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Recommend A Church For This Nairalander - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Recommend A Church For This Nairalander (16970 Views)

Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member / Bishop Oyedepo Orders Members To Bring Their Pvcs To Church For Prayers / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by InvertedHammer: 11:43pm On Nov 10, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 11:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie: chinelo sweetheart, recommend me a church so i can start attending maybe they cud change my `personal belief' to the supposed or acclaimed `beliefs' dat i ought to have known 4rm birth winkchinelo sweetheart, recommend me a church so i can start attending maybe they cud change my `personal belief' to the supposed or acclaimed `beliefs' dat i ought to have known 4rm birth

grin grin grin grin grin grin Please na. I cant choose for you. You " Personal cnvictions and beliefs " are on the way. grin grin grin

This is similar to looking for a man to commit to, and you have a list. Deep down you know, there is no human being who will fit snugly and perfect into you list. Men are already there trained and grown up
So the best solution is to build your own men or cut some of the requirements on your list. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Same thing with church. Churches are already there, built from different doctrines and foundations. Branded around a grown man ( Pastor ) You just have to fit in and ignore the rest.

I am Catholic, I don't agree with celibate priesthood, churches stance on woman priesthood, homosexuality and artificial contraceptions etc. I found the church there already existing, so I cant change it.
If I am to focus on my "Personal beliefs and convictions " then I will have to build my own church. cheesy cheesy cheesy

My solution is:

BUILD YOUR OWN CHURCH LUV WITH YOUR "PERSONAL CONVICTIONS AND BELIEFS" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Tadejnr(m): 11:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
m-ployer:
Stay with Christ embassy. You are exactly their type.
Stay with the church Christ embassy
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 11:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
Why do you keep calling yourself a Catholic then? No wonder you refuse to embrace Islam(the only true path and the truth) it is obvious you can't respect/follow simple rules
chineloSA:

grin grin grin grin grin grin Please na. I cant choose for you. You " Personal cnvictions and beliefs " are on the way. grin grin grin

This is similar to looking for a man to commit to, and you have a list. Deep down you know, there is no human being who will fit snugly and perfect into you list. Men are already there trained and grown up
So the best solution is to build your own men or cut some of the requirements on your list. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Same thing with church. Churches are already there, built from different doctrines and foundations. Branded around a grown man ( Pastor ) You just have to fit in and ignore the rest.

I am Catholic, I don't agree with celibate priesthood, churches stance on woman priesthood, homosexuality and artificial contraceptions etc. I found the church there already existing, so I cant change it.
If I am to focus on my "Personal beliefs and convictions " then I will have to build my own church. cheesy cheesy cheesy

My solution is:

BUILD YOUR OWN CHURCH LUV WITH YOUR "PERSONAL CONVICTIONS AND BELIEFS" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 12:06am On Nov 11, 2013
Mujah1deen: Why do you keep calling yourself a Catholic then? No wonder you refuse to embrace Islam(the only true path and the truth) it is obvious you can't respect/follow simple rules

grin grin grin grin If I join Islam it may be disastrous for me because i do not understand it. Why should I bath with a paper written in Arab? Those who were around me didn't help as well. Why should one recite prayers in a language they dont understand let alone converse with?? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

In Catholicism some things are debated. e.g. they used to use Latin and it was abolished, they recently loosened contraception and HIV/AIDS and condom stance. So there is progress.

Unfortunately I question things I don't get indoctrinated. Remember all these religions came with Arabs and Roman ( whites ) some of the things was with reference to them and their culture not to black culture.

E.g. Islamic way of dressing. It may have been like that because of the culture and weather Arabs found themselves in, maybe not because Muslims are suppose to wear like that. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So if questioning is wrong, then islam is not for me. Dont fight me ooo. Just debate. cheesy cheesy
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 12:14am On Nov 11, 2013
tnks chinelo. i get ur points now. so u win!
while trying to settle for something not perfect, i hav so many choices
which do i pick since i cant build
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 12:16am On Nov 11, 2013
i get ur points chinelo. tnks. So u win!
since i cant build, i still have to choose between so many choices, which do i go for?
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 12:16am On Nov 11, 2013
jansie: tnks chinelo. i get ur points now. so u win!
while trying to settle for something not perfect, i hav so many choices
which do i pick since i cant build

cheesy cheesy cheesy Hope you didnt take anything personal. smiley smiley

My friend recommend Islam grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 12:18am On Nov 11, 2013
i'm still welcoming more contributions n recommendations without derailing thread. tnks
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 12:21am On Nov 11, 2013
chineloSA:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Hope you didnt take anything personal. smiley smiley

My friend recommend Islam grin grin grin grin grin
if u wudnt go 4 islam cos of alhajis, y should i cos of ur friend? ehn lov, btw. am not takin anything personal ooo
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 12:23am On Nov 11, 2013
jansie:
if u wudnt go 4 islam cos of alhajis, y should i cos of ur friend? ehn lov, btw. am not takin anything personal ooo

grin grin grin grin grin Yours is hard luv. It was his recommendation na. grin grin grin

Let me think. I will then suggest
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 12:24am On Nov 11, 2013
ok. i apologise. this is not d purpose of this thread.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 12:25am On Nov 11, 2013
jansie: ok. i apologise. this is not d purpose of this thread.

Nothing to apologise for smiley smiley
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 12:28am On Nov 11, 2013
Catholicism is made of doctrines, if you don't follow them or don't believe in them it means you are not Catholic.

You will learn there's nothing to worry about, Islam is clear and pure .

I really don't know what you are talking about, are you sure they asked you to take a shower with that paper?,
chineloSA:

grin grin grin grin If I join Islam it may be disastrous for me because i do not understand it. Why should I bath with a paper written in Arab? Those who were around me didn't help as well. Why should one recite prayers in a language they dont understand let alone converse with?? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

In Catholicism some things are debated. e.g. they used to use Latin and it was abolished, they recently loosened contraception and HIV/AIDS and condom stance. So there is progress.

Unfortunately I question things I don't get indoctrinated. Remember all these religions came with Arabs and Roman ( whites ) some of the things was with reference to them and their culture not to black culture.

E.g. Islamic way of dressing. It may have been like that because of the culture and weather Arabs found themselves in, maybe not because Muslims are suppose to wear like that. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So if questioning is wrong, then islam is not for me. Dont fight me ooo. Just debate. cheesy cheesy

Questioning is not wrong, only questioning to ridicule is wrong .what's wrong with the Islamic dressing?
BTW Latin is still used and there are prayers that are said in Latin
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 12:29am On Nov 11, 2013
jansie: i'm still welcoming more contributions n recommendations without derailing thread. tnks
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 12:38am On Nov 11, 2013
chineloSA:

Nothing to apologise for smiley smiley
am sorry once again. how was service today?
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 12:41am On Nov 11, 2013
jansie:
am sorry once again. how was service today?

I didn't go. I am sick cheesy cheesy
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 12:43am On Nov 11, 2013
chineloSA:

I didn't go. I am sick cheesy cheesy
for real? or u're jokin.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 12:49am On Nov 11, 2013
jansie:
for real? or u're jokin.

For real.

I have been indoors since Wednesday. Very productive 5 days. Thank God.

Am seeing the doctor tomorrow, again. cheesy cheesy
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 12:55am On Nov 11, 2013
chineloSA:

For real.

I have been indoors since Wednesday. Very productive 5 days. Thank God.

Am seeing the doctor tomorrow, again. cheesy cheesy

sowie. pls get well soon n rest well too dear
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 12:56am On Nov 11, 2013
Mujah1deen:
Catholicism is made of doctrines, if you don't follow them or don't believe in them it means you are not Catholic.
Not True, Catholicism has seven sacraments. Not all of us get them, but it does not mean you are less of a Catholic

You will learn there's nothing to worry about, Islam is clear and pure .

I really don't know what you are talking about, are you sure they asked you to take a shower with that paper?,
Yes an Arabic prayer on a paper and I was told to put it in water and bath with it.

Questioning is not wrong, only questioning to ridicule is wrong .
The problem is that Muslims always finds anything and everything ridiculous and blasphemous. Catholic get ridiculed but dont take it as blasphemous

what's wrong with the Islamic dressing?
Personally, I do not agree with some of it. Like head cover

BTW Latin is still used and there are prayers that are said in Latin.
Latin is not by force, there is always an English or Native Language translation. Those who normally use it is the older brain washed generation. The younger generation doesnt know whats cooking

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 12:57am On Nov 11, 2013
jansie:
sowie. pls get well soon n rest well too dear

thank you o smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Nobody: 4:28am On Nov 11, 2013
I recomed Goodluck Jonathan Chapel
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 6:01am On Nov 11, 2013
tanks for all the contributions.here is a list of the ones i'm considering for now but yet to make up my mind
1. Daystar
2. God's love tabernacle
3. Fwc
4.christ embassy
i'm praying about it. i don't mind more recommendations.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by macjireh: 7:55am On Nov 11, 2013
Lemme Recommend GOSPEL PILLARS CHURCH 4U, buh i dunno where u recide-

We meet all ur criterium Perfectly, wit outlets @ Lagos, PH,Warri, Benin, Abuja, Ghana, SA, USA

We hav Campus outlets in virtually all Public universities in Nigeria.

HQ- 9 KUDIRAT ABIOLA WAY, IKEJA LAGOS

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by rexbuton: 8:06am On Nov 11, 2013
You never still decide since yesterday? Your matter hard oh... Wait oh! @jansie is really female ! Cool..

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 11, 2013
yinkard4me: when some stories made front page, all I do is SIGHHHHH....k In SARAKI'S VOICE- na we dey dia
……… dm ask u?

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Cymaxy: 9:47am On Nov 11, 2013
Sis jansie it is well wit ur soul.dnt let doubt take away ur conviction.I was born n breaded in catholic church,2011 i left catholic 4 d believer's loveworld nation a.k.a christ embassy.though my parent stil attends catholic church.u said some brethren dont live up 2 d expectation of wat dey ar taught,dats true.y?because dey av nt come 2 mature in christ.my parent ar witnes of hw christ embassy av change my aproach n character 2 live up as a xtain,despite d fact dat dey dont worship in d same church wit me.rev chris himself wud always tel us,beware of dogs in d church,who comes 2 take away/decieve d unsettled xtain.d church is u n me.cos we ar d body n Jesus d head.jst take ur time n be sensitive 2 d holy spirit.cos he's ur counselor,teacher n ur comforter.remain blessed n a blessing.luk 4wad 2 hear 4rm u

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by enigmatique(m): 10:18am On Nov 11, 2013
jansie: hello nairalanders, kindly recommend a church for this babe. u see i've been 2 so many churches but just a few seem to douse my curiousity n even d few have so many fault that i tend to stay home attimes on sundays. ok, lemme specify some things i personaly believe in and would no doubt change. so the recommended church must believe in the following:
1.speaking in tongues
2.trinity
3.wearing trouser, earrings n not covering hair
4.tithers
5.preaching d `gospel' n not sin every single day
6. has love n care for its members n not what they can get 4rm members
7.are doers n not mere talkers
8. regularly take communion
9. celebrate all kinds of functions:bdays, wedding,etc
Amongst several things also. i want to be goin 2 church n not b a couch potato.of all d churches i've been to, i enjoy christ embassy bt they av good leaders n bad followers, too money-couscious n i realise most dont even practice what their MOG teaches, though their pastor is my mentor. kindly tell me which good church to go. o_O
tnks
Jansie dear, let me be honest with you: I doubt if you will find one that meets all those requirements. What you will just have to do is to look at one that has a lot of good characteristics and stick with it while accepting its faults. For example, I worship as a Baptist. One of the beautiful and mouthwatering things about us is how much knowledge of the Scriptures that an average Baptist has. It's huge! Another thing is that we have a rich heritage of hymns, discipleship and spiritual growth materials, stories etc handed down to us from our fathers. But there are many faults. For one, most of us are inflexible, just as Paul said in 1 Corinthians that "...knowledge puffs up". Very inflexible. Again, our democratic system of administration is infamous in some of our branches, though it is very beneficial elsewhere. I can go on. But, what have I done? By God's grace, I've decided to stay. Simple. To stay and enjoy the good and tackle the bad. No place becomes sweet unless you make it so. When God got to Genesis 1:2, He saw the earth in a state He didn't like, so He CHANGED it, and remember that we are made in His image? Think about it.
Above all, your personal relationship to God is the most crucial. I go to church not because of anybody, but because of my father. Sometimes I will be in church and some people will think me as "unspiritual", sometimes I will be in church and people will be like "your own don too much". Nevertheless, I dey flex with my Papa for Heaven dey go!

P.S: By the way, where are you? Coz i want to know which God's Love Tabernacle you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by xyuche: 10:35am On Nov 11, 2013
Church or No Church just what I will advice you is to Love your neighbour as your self and do not worship any other god except the GOD Almighty. Church will not save you. Do what you know is right before God and do not gorge others. Have you seen any body that came down from heaven to testify that this is the best church before the sight of God?. We are all Christians is just greed and inpatient for change doesn't allow some people to concentrate in one place.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Tonia500(f): 10:54am On Nov 11, 2013
Please come to my church philip mokungah ministries[oasis of love church][color=#006600]
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Dee60: 11:03am On Nov 11, 2013
First give your heart to Christ. Second, ask God where you should go! If the truth must be told, a person that tells God what he/she MUST have in a church may need to first understand what the Lordship of Christ means!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Parable Of The Ten Virgins - Jack Kelley / Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round / Now Or Never! By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.