Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Recommend A Church For This Nairalander - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Recommend A Church For This Nairalander (16971 Views)

Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member / Bishop Oyedepo Orders Members To Bring Their Pvcs To Church For Prayers / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 8:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: islamization is not always by force wink Islam is a peaceful religion

Those who were around me did not prove to be peaceful smiley smiley Forcing my dress code. etc.

Remember one time I asked for simple prayer, there I was given a paper with some Arabic writing and told to bath with it. I honestly didnt understand that.

Again, two big Alhajis ( one naija and one senegalese ) thought there were gonna add me on their list of their wives. Pathetic undecided undecided undecided Form there I am uncomfortable
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 8:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

I am Catholic. Though I was not planning to convert, but you learn and you eventually love something because of those who practice it have good behavior. angry angry

They always compelled me to do things I was not comfortable with.

I didn't feel comfortable at all. sad sad

Eeeya sorry ooo .
I don't get how they compelled you to do things you weren't comfortable with? Are you related or do they live around you ?
Anyway, count it as a bad experience, however he shouldn't discourage you from seeking the truth, and seeing the beauty and purity of Islam.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen:

Eeeya sorry ooo .
I don't get how they compelled you to do things you weren't comfortable with? Are you related or do they live around you ?
Anyway, count it as a bad experience, however he shouldn't discourage you from seeking the truth, and seeing the beauty and purity of Islam.

I knew people who knew them, so I was invited to come. angry angry
Alhajis were enough to make me run a mile smiley smiley Those two big old men with beards. smdh.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 8:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

Those who were around me did not prove to be peaceful smiley smiley Forcing my dress code. etc.

Remember one time I asked for simple prayer, there I was given a paper with some Arabic writing and told to bath with it. I honestly didnt understand that.

Again, two big Alhajis ( one naija and one senegalese ) thought there were gonna add me on their list of their wives. Pathetic undecided undecided undecided Form there I am uncomfortable

Maybe you took their advices for orders.
As for the prayers, you should have let them know that you don't speak/read Arabic.
Did they propose you or what? What's wrong with being the 2nd, 3rd or 4th wife?
You know some people don't know how to express their feelings, they were probably in love with you.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 8:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen:
As for the prayers, you should have let them know that you don't speak/read Arabic.
You know some people don't know how to express their feelings, they were probably in love with you.
islam is falsehood.not my tingy.can u even say one extraordinary experience u've encountered in islam? u beta convert
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen:

They just came so strong for my liking. Why bath with a paper?? Really, I still don't understand.

Yes, they proposed. Old men na. sad sad sad Why would I want to be a 2nd or 3rd wife. I am very jealous oo. cheesy cheesy cheesy
But that was not the point, they wanted to steal me from my boyfriend then. when they knew him and he was part of the congregation they visited. How pathetic can an Ajhaji go. So that shaddy behaviour made me view them in a different way.

Besides I cant join their life of poverty, as an Alhaji, living on handouts!!! No ways. undecided undecided
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

I knew people who knew them, so I was invited to come. angry angry
Alhajis were enough to make me run a mile smiley smiley Those two big old men with beards. smdh.
grin grin Humm. It is not easy to leave a religion that you have always known to embrace another one where you don't know anything, it takes a lot of time to assimilate everything and Change your "wrong" ways or bad behaviors .however those "Alhajis" shouldn't discourage you to learn about Islam, and why not embrace it fully later
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by skyknight571: 8:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
God's Love Terbanacle is perfect
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 8:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: grin grin Humm. It is not easy to leave a religion that you have always known to embrace another one where you don't know anything, it takes a lot of time to assimilate everything and Change your "wrong" ways or bad behaviors .however those "Alhajis" shouldn't discourage you to learn about Islam, and why not embrace it fully later

My bad its not Alhajis its Sheik. One from Naija and one Senegal.

I forgot your church structure
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 8:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

They just came so strong for my liking. Why bath with a paper?? Really, I still don't understand.

Yes, they proposed. Old men na. sad sad sad Why would I want to be a 2nd or 3rd wife. I am very jealous oo. cheesy cheesy cheesy
But that was not the point, they wanted to steal me from my boyfriend then. when they knew him and he was part of the congregation they visited. How pathetic can an Ajhaji go. So that shaddy behaviour made me view them in a different way.

Besides I cant join their life of poverty, as an Alhaji, living on handouts!!! No ways. undecided undecided

That's very rude .I feel you, however you met the wrong side .they don't represent Islam, their behaviors don't represent Islam.

I'm kinda confused, you call all Muslim grown men Alhaji or they were real alhaji ? I ask because I have never met a poor alhaji, they are not all extremely rich but definitively not poor.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen:

That's very rude .I feel you, however you met the wrong side .they don't represent Islam, their behaviors don't represent Islam.

I'm kinda confused, you call all Muslim grown men Alhaji or they were real alhaji ? I ask because I have never met a poor alhaji, they are not all extremely rich but definitively not poor.

Sorry, they are both Sheik.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 8:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

it makes more sense lol
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 8:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

Sorry, they are both Sheik.
what were they doing in your congregation?

BTW, polygamy is not bad .
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 8:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: what were they doing in your congregation?

BTW, polygamy is not bad .

I dont want polygamy, abeg. I am too jealous. NO, NO, NO. Talkless of poverty polygamy, living on handout and grace of Allah undecided undecided
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 8:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

and it is mosque not church
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 8:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

I dont want polygamy, abeg. I am too jealous. NO, NO, NO. Talkless of poverty polygamy, living on handout and grace of Allah undecided undecided
what about a wealthy man? Wealthy enough to cater for all your needs?

What do you mean by I'm too jealous? He will still perform his duties so you have nothing to worry about
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: it makes more sense lol

So, Sheiks are allowed to steal woman. Is that why it make sense undecided undecided undecided
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by isalegan2: 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

You sound terribly ignorant.

So, Alhajis are beggars where you live? I doubt they would have come on to you if they didn't feel you welcomed their attention.

I know an American girl who was complaining to me about a Nigerian (Christian) guy. She was having a conversation of a sexual nature with him. When he told her he was interested in having a girlfriend even though he was married, she continued to entertain his advances - asking him all kinds of things and flirting with him. That's a test from a Naija guy to see what kind of woman you are. "Girlfriend/mistress," not even wife. She even invited him to her house and then called another boyfriend of hers, a married guy to come over and scare him away. She was just playing with all these men. . . and one day she paid an expensive price for it. Don't lead men on. They have feelings too.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by isalegan2: 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen:

Stop entertaining this creature. She's just using the opportunity to insult Islam.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 9:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: what about a wealthy man? Wealthy enough to cater for all your needs?

What do you mean by I'm too jealous? He will still perform his duties so you have nothing to worry about

Money cant sleep with you daily, when he has other wives. undecided undecided undecided

Aaaaah aaaah, my man and mine alone. I dont mind sharing with kids from previous relationship. But not sharing with other woman. Sorrry ooo. I am not that generous cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 9:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:
So, Sheiks are allowed to steal woman. Is that why it make sense undecided undecided undecided
I was talking about the whole alhajis are poor or beggars living on handouts. I doubt people can steal a wife, if she becomes your wife that means she wanted to leave her husband. Period
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 9:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
isale_gan2:

Stop entertaining this creature. She's just using the opportunity to insult Islam.

I am talking to him Sir. So abeg leave us. smiley smiley smiley I am not insulting anything but sharing my experience undecided undecided undecided
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: I was talking about the whole alhajis are poor or beggars living on handouts. I doubt people can steal a wife, if she becomes your wife that means she wanted to leave her husband. Period

Didnt like their approach especially when they are in that position smiley smiley smiley
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by isalegan2: 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

I am talking to him Sir. So abeg leave us. smiley smiley smiley I am not insulting anything but sharing my experience undecided undecided undecided

Okay. smiley
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
isale_gan2:

We can correct her, don't you think so ? Especially if she didn't do that on purpose.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 9:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
isale_gan2:

You sound terribly ignorant.

So, Alhajis are beggars where you live? I doubt they would have come on to you if they didn't feel you welcomed their attention.

I know an American girl who was complaining to me about a Nigerian (Christian) guy. She was having a conversation of a sexual nature with him. When he told her he was interested in having a girlfriend even though he was married, she continued to entertain his advances - asking him all kinds of things and flirting with him. That's a test from a Naija guy to see what kind of woman you are. "Girlfriend/mistress," not even wife. She even invited him to her house and then called another boyfriend of hers, a married guy to come over and scare him away. She was just playing with all these men. . . and one day she paid an expensive price for it. Don't lead men on. They have feelings too.

Leave the Christians na. They are always sinners. Sin every second, every millisecond. What do you expect from us Christians. We have changed Moses commandment to suit us.

Stealing is "Steal but dont be caught" grin grin What do you expect from us. Leave us please. We love sins son much. They taste good grin grin grin
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 9:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

Didnt like their approach especially when they are in that position smiley smiley smiley

If they weren't straight you would still complain.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: We can correct her, don't you think so ? Especially if she didn't do that on purpose.

I took one Muslim friend to church one Sunday as a agreement to introduce each other to each others religion.

She just opened her food and started eating in the middle of mass. shocked shocked shocked shocked Thats how much she disregarded my religion undecided undecided undecided

So how do I join such. How do I convert when Muslims look at me like an infidel grin grin
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 9:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen:
If they weren't straight you would still complain.

Never been interested in them. I regarded them as father figures. Actually grand fada figure. grin grin

I was disappointed actually undecided undecided undecided
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

I took one Muslim friend to church one Sunday as a agreement to introduce each other to each others religion.

She just opened her food and started eating in the middle of mass. shocked shocked shocked shocked Thats how much she disregarded my religion undecided undecided undecided

So how do I join such. How do I convert when Muslims look at me like an infidel grin grin
She probably didn't know what to do in a church, besides don't you
Christians eat the body of Christ?
She was ignorant about your religion, why you didn't give her some advices or hints before actually going?

I don't get your last question, don't you Christian/catholic look at pagans as infidels too ? at Muslims as terrorists? You even call every non Christian a pagan.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

Never been interested in them. I regarded them as father figures. Actually grand fada figure. grin grin

I was disappointed actually undecided undecided undecided
age is only a number. And love doesn't know any limit
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 9:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: She probably didn't know what to do in a church, besides don't you
Christians eat the body of Christ?
She was ignorant about your religion, why you didn't give her some advices or hints before actually going?

I don't get your last question, don't you Christian/catholic look at pagans as infidels too ? at Muslims as terrorists? You even call every non Christian a pagan.

I dont think she didnt understand, she simply disregarded my religion. In Catholic church there is a lot of stand up sit down for someone to have time for a munch undecided undecided undecided undecided She was simply rude. she can never eat in a meeting at work, no one has to tell you that.
Why eat when i am having a meeting with my most important man?? undecided undecided
Had I refused to put a headscarf on my head, she was going to e unhappy.

Catholics dont judge. Catholic make their standpoint clear and we let people choose. e.g. Catholicism is clear on homosexual, hence they don't marry them, but then again we don't discriminate against them. We love them and the come to church undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? / Now Or Never! By Pastor Adeboye / Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.