Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Recommend A Church For This Nairalander - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Recommend A Church For This Nairalander (16969 Views)

Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member / Bishop Oyedepo Orders Members To Bring Their Pvcs To Church For Prayers / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by engrfcuksmtin(m): 12:29pm On Nov 10, 2013
Saint bottles cathedral International.....nearest pub to you grin grin
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Miner13: 12:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie: hello nairalanders, kindly recommend a church for this babe. u see i've been 2 so many churches but just a few seem to douse my curiousity n even d few have so many fault that i tend to stay home attimes on sundays. ok, lemme specify some things i personaly believe in and would no doubt change. so the recommended church must believe in the following:
1.speaking in tongues
2.trinity
3.wearing trouser, earrings n not covering hair
4.tithers
5.preaching d `gospel' n not sin every single day
6. has love n care for its members n not what they can get 4rm members
7.are doers n not mere talkers
8. regularly take communion
9. celebrate all kinds of functions:bdays, wedding,etc
Amongst several things also. i want to be goin 2 church n not b a couch potato.of all d churches i've been to, i enjoy christ embassy bt they av good leaders n bad followers, too money-couscious n i realise most dont even practice what their MOG teaches, though their pastor is my mentor. kindly tell me which good church to go. o_O
tnks
i jst c anoda devil in d makin unvailing hersef in u wit dis ur listed codes
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Miner13: 12:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
Pick up ur bible, pray nd read tru
surely i bliv God wil reveal d tru doctrines of d righteous church 2 u. Nt dis ur social clubin u're lukin 4
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
tanks to all the contributors. i appreciate but no one is convincing, i will like to know more about anglican, methodist, ecwa, trem. which church is called `church of God' mr italo. i've never heard of it. And yes i used to go to trem a very long time ago n stopped going. it wouldnt b a bad idea to try it out again

and yes, what is wrong wit wat i listed above, are they bad. u see i have my personal reasons for listing the above point which i can tell if u care to read
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Justeenaleo(f): 12:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mtchew church never hungry u btw hv u tried African traditional religion, "mbe na ukwu" is required only, den ur "Ihe ara" cn b made off anything,lets just say u cn wear pant nd bra den during d river worship u cn go naked.....mail me for more info

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by rexbuton: 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie: alright. i gerrit but i still don't get it. here are some i attended n why i stopped going.
1. rccg: too much emphasis on hell n sin. I used to go to one where d pastor spoke so much on hell we startd callin him pastor `hell is real'. i later stopped goin
2. MFM:they war too many spiritual warfares n they are too demon-conscious
3. new generational churches:most are copycats of themselves but i still sense something missing. there is no balance.
pls recommend a good church i can go to nextweek sunday
tnks
p.s pls don't tell me i need jesus. i have jesus. i want a church with balance or moderation. too much of everything is bad
It seems like a very interesting case, from your points above, I think we have divergent views on why people go to church.. I go to church so I could listen to God's word, so I can praise him in his house, in order to avoid temptations that would make me dishonour the sabbath day, and lastly to obey his word that says " we should not avoid the communion of saints'' . But you seek a church Where you can display your hair, when the bible clearly states that women should cover their hair. You want a church that doesn't emphasize on sin... What is our goal as christians? To make heaven, right? Sin stops you from making heaven.. Sin makes your whole sunday labour a waste of time... " seek ye first the kingdom of God... " you cant do that in sin. Note that hell Is really real. The issue of warfare, for some can be ignored, It depends on your background especially. When you come from a hostile polygamous setting, mfm Is The place for you. But some people are lucky, they have never encountered witchcraft and all that go with It, these are The ones that shout that It doesn't exist, some even say there's no God. The bible recognises principalities and powers, and spiritual wickedness, and mfm Is out to tackle these things.. Not all new generation churches are genuine, we all know this... Enough said on that . Finally, The church is just a building, It shouldn't concern you if the members are falling aside, What matters is your personal relationship with God. Just look for a bible believing church to fellowship with.. As I said earlier, I think you need JESUS. Thank God you didn't add W I F I as a condition too

4 Likes

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by reganvida: 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
Dominion City is the church for you. Its not because of your listed criteria but because if you step into the church,u wont have a list any more.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
christ embassy.they also know how to disturb pple to kum to church.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by donphilopus: 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
Abu Mikey:

The Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion smiley

NO!!! We don't allow trousers, winners would be better but I don't know whether they posses all the characteristics she stated
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Miner13: 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie: tanks to all the contributors. i appreciate but no one is convincing, i will like to know more about anglican, methodist, ecwa, trem. which church is called `church of God' mr italo. i've never heard of it. And yes i used to go to trem a very long time ago n stopped going. it wouldnt b a bad idea to try it out again

and yes, what is wrong wit wat i listed above, are they bad. u see i have my personal reasons for listing the above point which i can tell if u care to read
@op, mayb u dnt knw dat u're d church nd dat buildin u go 2 is jst a place of worship. D way u live nd behave described d church in u
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by mrphysics(m): 12:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
Apostle paul said that the bible is profitable for reproof,correction and to rebuke...., so when u r corrected why nt take it and change.i have been to dis churches u have mention, they are many people who will go to heaven, why nt join dose going there and nt the broad way dat leads to hell. the bible is simple and never contradicts itself, so abide by it. the bible also said the WHOM GOD LOVES HE CHASTISETH, so when u r been corrected pls accept it, therefore i present to u dis wonderful family DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH, SINCE I STARTED ATTENDING DIA BIBLE STUDY EVERY MONDAY BY 7PM, MY LIFE HAS NEVER REMAINED DSAME. i have been to many churches, christ embassy, winners, anglican, catholic for 3yrs, assemblies, reedem or wht have u, bt since i discover deeper life bible study i have never missed it, see u there tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Selemi45: 12:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
I'll recommend u attend salvation ministries if u are in port Harcourt or bayelsa.COME AND UR LIFE WILL NEVER REMAIN THE SAME
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by just2endowed: 12:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
try deeper life christian ministry. You know the truth
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Debeloved87(m): 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2013
Dear janise...you dont give conditions to how you want to serve God in his house, lest you serve him in vain...i pray that wont be your portion. Wel i wil recommend passionate God ministries for you..lemme know if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
@jus2endowed,lol,why u no recommend jehovah witness.j
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
@miner
pls leave my post for caring people to help me out.
You can go create a topic u tink wud make front page. i have an issue n brought it here. i didnt beg d mods to put me on front page. jealousy!
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Yhemmy11(f): 1:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
First n foremost&most importantly, knw who Christ is, n d purpose dt make u 2 b a CHRISTIAN - CHRIST-LIKE. Who is a Christian? Bible says whoever dt sin is of devil. So 4 u 2 b a xtian, u must b saved frm all kind of sin...be born again n d spirit of God will lead u 2 d type of church dt will help u 2 develop spiritually in ds end time. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by johnwell(m): 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
Miner13:
i feel u
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by johnwell(m): 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
Miner13:
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Youngpo413: 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
m-ployer:
Stay with Christ embassy. You are exactly their type.

Thank you.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by sweetestguy(m): 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ah ah,nobody don recomend sabath, y na? Or beta still OP u can come to my church, All sinners ministry a.k.a Home 4 all sinners,I'll b expectin ugringringrin
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
tanks for the contributions. i still need more convictions.
for those condeming my list, i ask again. what is wrong wit them. does it mean they are unbiblical? pls if u tink they are show me the way.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by henrodouble(m): 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
Leave catholic as an option..go try any of dos protestants churches....
Catholic need not ur type..
The church(catholic) is nt looking 4members go try others that are.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by omogidi234(m): 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
@ Poster,

I suggest you go to Latter Rain Assembly but the church is large and Pastor once in a while delves into Politics but on a day he doesn't, his teachings are classical and edifies.

I also suggest Stone Church Agidingbi, Lagos. Small church about 200 members. Teachings there are deep.

I recommend those churches assuming you are in Lagos.

On your list, there is no way you would not hear preaching or teaching on Sin and how to avoid it.
I will run away from any church that doesn't teach or preach on how to avoid sin.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chocopearl(f): 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
Abu Mikey:

The Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion smiley

lwkmd....dis 1st comment and d 2nd comment really cracked me up, more like pple hustling for customers in a market place.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by nnasino(m): 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
I suggest my church. But its nt a megachurch so u won't know it. For d trousers and earrings we believe with time nd spiritual maturity you will drop those.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by dejibimbo(m): 1:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
mrphysics: i see u r very biased, u r one of the signs of end time, so u r d one to recommend wht u want in d church even when its nt Gods way for u, my friend beta join muslim where lawlessness abide, its ur type dat wants a place u can b naked to, i see u dnt really need the spirit of the living God, go ahead bt except a man b born again he can nt enter heaven and when u r born again u must b a new creature and nt a sinner and u must put ur body under subjection lest nt after preaching to people u urself bcome a castway 1corinthians 9:27. since u need to b lawless then i recommend CHURCH OF SATAN TO U, this is d signs of end time, i advice u to read 2Timothy 4:3-7. beta ask d holy spirit for forgiveness

bros abeg....pray 4 holy spirit to guide u as u read ur bible....

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Beennkumar(m): 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
Welcome to Christ Embassy!
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by just2endowed: 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
Emmadani: @jus2endowed,lol,why u no recommend jehovah witness.j
you know they're different na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? / Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round / Now Or Never! By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.