Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,317 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? (19707 Views)

Is Victor Moses Overrated? / Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon / Is Victor Moses Better Than Ikechukwu Uche ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2013
Babzilla:
HEEEEYYY!
NO ONE IS ROOTING FOR NEW YORK EXCEPT THE NEW YORKERS
NEW YORK SUCKS
THE ONLY THING GOOD IN NEW YORK IS MIKE WOODSON ( THE COACH)
AND JR SMITH
EVERYONE ELSE ON THAT TEAM STINKS... INCLUDING CARMELO
NEW YORK KNICKS ... WHAT A JOKE

The only guy that does it for me in New York is Stoudemire. Too bad injury got the better of him

The only way I see heats not reaching the finals or getting the ring is an injury to their major players. They got veteran players, MVP, improved Wade, 3 point kings Chalmers and Allen, offensive rebounders in Andersen and Bosh and reinforced with Beasley on the bench

Who go carry 4 games from these people? sad
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by kobikwelu(m): 3:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
^^^Yes, the back-court is Indiana's biggest problem and I wish they could get a decent traditional PG with better ball handling than George Hill. However, Hill is doing fine for now. And the Brooklyn bulldog, Lance Stephenson is playing lights-out, at the moment. I just hope Lance Stephenson can maintain the tempo into the play-offs. They also added veteran versatile player, Luis Scola, and he's giving them something different from the bench. So this team has all it takes to win it all. David West, Paul George, Roy Hibbert, George Hill, Lance Stephenson and Luis Scola should definitely not have a problem beating the Heat in 6(not 7), if they can get busy.

As for Greg Oden, he's just another Brandon Roy in Minnesota uniform, waiting to happen. I doubt he'll add anything to the team and stop Roy Hibbert and David West combo in the front court would always be a myth. Tell Oden to go drink codeine with fellow bust, JaMarcus Russell. They both have something in common. Only Michael Beasley can add a little bit to the Heat and that's if he isn't high on Sour Diesel, when the play-offs kick off.

^^^^

Oden wasnt a bust..his injuries crippled him..check his stats when he played in the NBA couple of years ago...Remember the HEAT dont need ODEN's offensive output..all they need is a body (Tall enough) to put in front of Hibbert to prevent those hook shots and gimme rebounds....and if ODEN plays, that will be key as a taller Bosh can now face David west....

You mentioned Lance (Dude that did the infamous choke hold act towards Lebron)?? REALLY....Did you watch him last year..all he did was run his mouth towards lebron and save for a good series against the KNICKS, he was a nonentity...
Also, i heard Scola?? I LAUGH.....that one is a glorified Tiago splitter.....LMAOO....infact, Shane Battier would be conscripted to handle that one.

THE ONLY CHANCE THE PACERS HAVE IS A REPEAT OF WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR....crash the boards, pound the ball in..thats all...and because Miami had no size inside, it was effective....anything else would play into Miami's hands...

not forgetting Paul George performance against Lebron will also be crucial...
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
kobikwelu:
^^^^

in the east, it will still be a Heat v Pacers finals....and guess who will come out tops THE HEAT...
know why Lebron!! You cant teach Lebron!! ...you think the Pacers can beat the Heat 4 out of seven times?? ...
Lets break down the key matchups in a hypothetical Eastern conference finals...

BackCourt
This is by far the Pacers greatest weakness, and it showed glaringly last year...turnovers killed the pacers in the back court...They do not have the 3 point shooting in their backcourt to help make their inside game devastatingly potent.

FrontLiine
This is where the Pacers crushed Miami last year...infact it wasn't even a contest last year in this area..that was why the Heat were willing to release Mike Miller (and also for the luxury tax as well because they were not ready to pay him what Memphis were ready to pay him) for Greg Oden JUST FOR THE MATCHUP WITH HIBBERT (what a long way he has come from his GeorgeTown days, then he was a clumsy fvck)...That would push Bosh to match the smaller David West..which would be an advantage for the Heat. IF (a big IF!!) ODEN is ready to play then i say the advantage for the pacers would not be soo glaring ...

3 point shooting
This is Miami's bread and butter..no need to say much ...Chalmers, Ray Allen, Shane battier.....

LEBRON VS PAUL GEORGE

Now that Paul has told everyone that he has arrived, CAN HE SUSTAIN IT ALL THE WAY INTO THE PLAYOFFS??..we saw 2 years ago when it was Durant (who was then touted as a more lethal player) vs Lebron..how that matchup went (Insert that layup miss by Durant in the last play of game 2)..
Lebron has proven it twice ...can Paul carry the Pacer Nation in prime time?? will he get those one-on-one calls against Lebron..which Durant suffered from 2 years ago? Because you can be rest assured..Lebron can take out a teams best player and still be effective on the offensive side..LAST season, he just faded when he (paul) tried doing so against lebron..to the point that the coach had to take paul out of Lebron's assignment...because it was affecting his offensive output
REMEMBER...Paul is like what...21 or 22 years young....

Experience and Smarts

The Miami heat have the experience at the highest level and have been pushed to the brink many many many times and yet, still find a way to pull it off....they have The lebrons, Wade's, Ray's..a coach that has been tested and knows how to made adjustments on the fly....yet again, i ask have the Pacers ever done that??
Last year. no one expected much from them, they flew under the radar till the playoffs....
This year, things are now different...

In the end, i am sticking with the HEAT VS THE WEST (No one seems like they are the favorites..remember last year)

NO ONE CAN DISOUTE THE POINTS U RAISED
IN FACT I AGREE WITH YOU UP TO THE POINT WHEN U SAY MIAMI WILL WIN IT ALL
NOW ID SAY A HEALTHY PACERS RIGHT NOW WILL GO TOE 2 TOE AND BEAT THE HEAT IN 7 GAMES
THEY HAVE A DEEP ROSTER THEY CAN PLAY D
THE HEAT, ITS JUST LEBRON. HE IS THE MOST CONSISTENT PLAYER
U ADMITTED IT WADE IS DAMAGED GOODS,
BOSH IS AN OFFENSIVE PLAYER NO D AND IS INCONSISTENT
RAY ALLEN IS OLD, MARIO CHALMERS IS INCONSISTENT
REMEMBER 2 YEARS AGO THEY BEAT THE PACERS IN 6 GAMES
LAST YEAR THEY TOOK IT TO GAME 7 AND THE PACERS ARE WAY BETTER THAN LAST YEAR
LAST YEAR, PAUL GEORGE WAS JUST EMERGING AS A FRANCHISE PLAYER
THIS YEAR HE HAS BECOME SOLID, MORE CONFIDENT AND WOULD CAUSE
PROBLEMS FOR A MIAMI DEFENSE.
BUT THEN ITS ANYONE'S GAME

THE SPURS WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN IT ALL LAST YEAR IN GAME 6 BUT BLEW THEIR CHANCES
IN 2006 THE MAVERICKS WERE 2 GAMES UP AGAINST MIAMI THEN BLEW IT ( I WEPT )
IN 2007 THE SAME MAVERICKS WHO WERE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE,
HAD THE BEST RECORDS THAT YEAR, WERE NO.1 IN THE WEST, BLEW THEIR CHANCES AGAINST THE 8TH SEEDED
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
kobikwelu:
^^^^
Oden wasnt a bust..his injuries crippled him..check his stats when he played in the NBA couple of years ago...Remember the HEAT dont need ODEN's offensive output..all they need is a body (Tall enough) to put in front of Hibbert to prevent those hook shots and gimme rebounds....and if ODEN plays, that will be key as a taller Bosh can now face David west....

You mentioned Lance (Dude that did the infamous choke hold act towards Lebron)?? REALLY....Did you watch him last year..all he did was run his mouth towards lebron and save for a good series against the KNICKS, he was a nonentity...
Also, i heard Scola?? I LAUGH.....that one is a glorified Tiago splitter.....LMAOO....infact, Shane Battier would be conscripted to handle that one.

THE ONLY CHANCE THE PACERS HAVE IS A REPEAT OF WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR....crash the boards, pound the ball in..thats all...and because Miami had no size inside, it was effective....anything else would play into Miami's hands...

not forgetting Paul George performance against Lebron will also be crucial...

The question is: is Oden fit and up to tempo? Yes, Brandon Roy was also great for a long time. However, what happened last year in Minnesota? Roy Hibbert is a beast and he shouldn't have a problem making an unfit Oden his wife. Lmao@ putting Bosh against David West. grin grin That's going to be a one-sided beat-down. And how would Shane Battier handle Scola? - by flopping and falling like a dead man? I'm not a fan of Battier and his antics. Scola is more versatile than Tiago Splitter.

You're being harsh on Lance now. Last year was his break-out year. However, he's consolidating on that now. And don't forget the guy is still young and he's still learning. He grabbed a triple-double against a very defensive-minded team like Grizzlies yesterday. That should tell you all you need to know about how his game has improved.
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
shymexx:

No player is better than LeBron in the NBA. He's a freak of nature. And Wade had Shaquille O'Neal in 06,

Yes, Bosh had game in Toronto when he was surrounded by bums. Rudy Gay is doing the same thing now by shooting 37 shots in every game and loading up stats. grin if Durant can call you "soft" - than you're soft . That's the story of Chris Bosh.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
NAH DURANT DIDNT EXACTLY CALL HIM SOFT
IN HIS WORDS DURANT CALLED HIM ' FAKE TOUGH GUY'
' THERE ARE A LOT OF FAKE TOUGH GUYS IN OUR LEAGUE AND HE ( CHRIS BOSH) IS ONE OF THEM'
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2013
Babzilla:

NO ONE CAN DISOUTE THE POINTS U RAISED
IN FACT I AGREE WITH YOU UP TO THE POINT WHEN U SAY MIAMI WILL WIN IT ALL
NOW ID SAY A HEALTHY PACERS RIGHT NOW WILL GO TOE 2 TOE AND BEAT THE HEAT IN 7 GAMES
THEY HAVE A DEEP ROSTER THEY CAN PLAY D
THE HEAT, ITS JUST LEBRON. HE IS THE MOST CONSISTENT PLAYER
U ADMITTED IT WADE IS DAMAGED GOODS,
BOSH IS AN OFFENSIVE PLAYER NO D AND IS INCONSISTENT
RAY ALLEN IS OLD, MARIO CHALMERS IS INCONSISTENT
REMEMBER 2 YEARS AGO THEY BEAT THE PACERS IN 6 GAMES
LAST YEAR THEY TOOK IT TO GAME 7 AND THE PACERS ARE WAY BETTER THAN LAST YEAR
LAST YEAR, PAUL GEORGE WAS JUST EMERGING AS A FRANCHISE PLAYER
THIS YEAR HE HAS BECOME SOLID, MORE CONFIDENT AND WOULD CAUSE
PROBLEMS FOR A MIAMI DEFENSE.
BUT THEN ITS ANYONE'S GAME

THE SPURS WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN IT ALL LAST YEAR IN GAME 6 BUT BLEW THEIR CHANCES
IN 2006 THE MAVERICKS WERE 2 GAMES UP AGAINST MIAMI THEN BLEW IT ( I WEPT )
IN 2007 THE SAME MAVERICKS WHO WERE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE,
HAD THE BEST RECORDS THAT YEAR, WERE NO.1 IN THE WEST, BLEW THEIR CHANCES AGAINST THE 8TH SEEDED
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

You mention old and left experience. Why?
Do you also forget the average age of an NBA final spurs team? They're still mudslinging teams this year. Which one counts for them? Age or inexperience

Fact is anybody can beat heats but an extraordinary team will have to beat them in a series. Have I seen? No.

Wade is inconsistent but has been putting up solid numbers this season in comparison to James
Allen is old but still knocks down from downtown when he's needed
Bosh is inconsistent. I agree but dominates the boards so is Chris Andersen.
Chalmers can be helpful when called upon

That is why anybody can win spurs but it takes an extraordinary team to beat them in a series.... Who? Miami fucking Heats
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2013
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by kobikwelu(m): 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2013
The question is: is Oden fit and up to tempo? Yes, Brandon Roy was also great for a long time. However, what happened last year in Minnesota? Roy Hibbert is a beast and he shouldn't have a problem making an unfit Oden his wife. Lmao@ putting Bosh against David West. That's going to be a one-sided beat-down. And how would Shane Battier handle Scola? - by flopping and falling like a dead man? I'm not a fan of Battier and his antics. Scola is more versatile than Tiago Splitter.

You're being harsh on Lance now. Last year was his break-out year. However, he's consolidating on that now. And don't forget the guy is still young and he's still learning. He grabbed a triple-double against a very defensive-minded team like Grizzlies yesterday. That should tell you all you need to know about how his game has improved.

^^^^

We are talking playoffs here....playoffs, not the regular season....By the Playoffs..after enough insertions he will be fit...remember all they need is a body to be in front of Hibbert..with a Oden who is also 7' 1 (is Hibbert is 7'1 or 7'2) to prevent those gimme rebounds and put backs enough for the HEAT to make it up on the offensive side...
and you think a West would ride rough-shod over a Taller Chris Bosh?? ..last year Bosh never guarded West..all the way, he was on Hibbert..and it wasnt a contest in that regard..

and PHULEEEESE dont mention LANCE.....
and i stand by my saying...Scola is a glorified Tiago Splitter....He could not compete against Omer Asik in Houston.....and was shipped away....

AND BY THE WAY..WE ARE TALKING POTENTIAL MATCHUPS...

by the playoffs, a lot of things would have changed
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2013
kobikwelu:
^^^^

We are talking playoffs here....playoffs, not the regular season....By the Playoffs..after enough insertions he will be fit...remember all they need is a body to be in front of Hibbert..with a Oden who is also 7' 1 (is Hibbert is 7'1 or 7'2) to prevent those gimme rebounds and put backs enough for the HEAT to make it up on the offensive side...
and you think a West would ride rough-shod over a Taller Chris Bosh?? ..last year Bosh never guarded West..all the way, he was on Hibbert..and it wasnt a contest in that regard..

and PHULEEEESE dont mention LANCE.....
and i stand by my saying...Scola is a glorified Tiago Splitter....He could not compete against Omer Asik in Houston.....and was shipped away....

AND BY THE WAY..WE ARE TALKING POTENTIAL MATCHUPS...

by the playoffs, a lot of things would have changed

How can you even match a Greg Oden who hasn't played in the NBA for a long time up against a beast? Hibbert is going to castrate him on the boards. That's not even a match-up, to be honest. And I still don't know when Bosh became a good defender, to be honest. The guy is soft! The height difference can't be more than an inch or two. Have you considered the leap and the wing span? David West is too powerful and too strong for Chris Bosh.

Also, Scola left the Rockets because they were rebuilding. It has nothing to do with the arrival of Omer Asik. Scola should be able to avg at least 11 points from the bench. And that's something big.
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
Babzilla:
' THERE ARE A LOT OF FAKE TOUGH GUYS IN OUR LEAGUE AND HE ( CHRIS BOSH) IS ONE OF THEM'

Fake tough guy = Soft.

The guy is so soft, he makes Paul Gasol look like Shaq in his prime.

That's how soft he's.
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by kobikwelu(m): 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2013
How can you even match a Greg Oden who hasn't played in the NBA for a long time up against a beast? Hibbert is going to castrate him on the boards. That's not even a match-up, to be honest. And I still don't know when Bosh became a good defender, to be honest. The guy is soft! The height difference can't be more than an inch or two. Have you considered the leap and the wing span? David West is too powerful and too strong for Chris Bosh.

Also, Scola left the Rockets because they were rebuilding. It has nothing to do with the arrival of Omer Asik. Scola should be able to avg at least 11 points from the bench. And that's something big.

^^^^^
Oga..what are you saying??

I am saying..that was the ONLY reason they brought ODEN...if Pat(rick) Riley (with all his excellence with success) look and say lets take a chance with Oden....its because they think he is their best shot against negating Hibbert...No one says he will win the battle against Hibbert..but ODEN is clearly an upgrade with his size....his size would definately be a problem against Hibbert...i dont care how athletic Hibbert is...
you dont know what shape Oden will be in the playoffs...

you are assuming that West would run down Bosh(i will not argue this with you)...rule no 1 in basketball....YOU CANT TEACH BIG !!....
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by WarriorX1: 1:01am On Nov 13, 2013
You all should take it easy with your "information"

Victor Oladipo's dad is a Yoruba from Sierra Leone, his mum is Nigerian (Ibo) and he was born and raised in America. (Funny thing is that Victor is very close with his mum and not at all close with his dad)

Jeff Green's mum is American but she married a Nigerian.

Jahlil Okafor's dad is Nigerian and Jahlil actually visited Nigeria some years ago. His mum is American but she passed away when he was young.

Rasheed Sulaimon's dad is Nigerian, Mum is from Jamaica.
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by Afam4eva(m): 1:26am On Nov 13, 2013
Warrior X: You all should take it easy with your "information"

Victor Oladipo's dad is a Yoruba from Sierra Leone, his mum is Nigerian (Ibo) and he was born and raised in America. (Funny thing is that Victor is very close with his mum and not at all close with his dad)

Jeff Green's mum is American but she married a Nigerian.

Jahlil Okafor's dad is Nigerian and Jahlil actually visited Nigeria some years ago. His mum is American but she passed away when he was young.

Rasheed Sulaimon's dad is Nigerian, Mum is from Jamaica.
His father has never supported his Basketball career. Is his dad from Sierra Leone or probably nationalized there cos an article in yahoo says both of his parents are Nigerians. While his mother is Igbo, his Father is Yoruba, . I've never heard of a Yoruba Sierra-leonian before.
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by Afam4eva(m): 1:27am On Nov 13, 2013
Abeg, is there any Nigerian basketball player making waves in the NCAA that we should watch out for in the NBA in some years to come? Where's this Ekene Ibekwe guy from University of Maryland? Didn't he join the draft?
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by Afam4eva(m): 1:54am On Nov 13, 2013
How many times will Okafor be traded? Charlotte Bobcats => New Orleans Hornets => Washington Wizards and now he's going to Phoenix suns. To top it all up, he's got an injury and could be out all season.
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by birdman(m): 5:37am On Nov 13, 2013
Babzilla:

Durant was just showing you his maturity level at the time. See, he really didn't understand what it took to be a champ. He thought he would have a ring shortly just cause he could shoot, dunk and beat his chest. 3 years later, Bosh has 2 rings on a team where he played instrumental minutes. Remember how his 3pt shot made Ibaka useless 2 years ago. And how he kept Hibbert and Timmy D honest by making them play D last year. Lets not even talk about "the rebound" in Game 6 finals. In short, Durant now knows who is the fake tough guy. Had to learn respect for the game the hard way
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by birdman(m): 5:44am On Nov 13, 2013
shymexx:

It doesnt matter. We know Hibbert is going to get his. But a big body will wear him down and make him think when he tries to shoot. It will be really entertaining if Spoelstra pulls a Popovich, and only starts to use Oden significantly during the playoffs. I guarantee you that as a big man, Hibbert is not used to having to adjust his shot or blocking out properly to get a rebound against a similar sized big man. Oden doesnt have to score a point. He just needs to keep Hibbert busy

David West is too powerful and too strong for Chris Bosh.

Really? Why was West taking primarily 18 foot jumpers all day instead of going to the rim. I can live with a jump shooting PF. The odds are you will lose, and they did. I love how his FG pct nosedived as the series went on grin
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 13, 2013
birdman:

Durant was just showing you his maturity level at the time. See, he really didn't understand what it took to be a champ. He thought he would have a ring shortly just cause he could shoot, dunk and beat his chest. 3 years later, Bosh has 2 rings on a team where he played instrumental minutes. Remember how his 3pt shot made Ibaka useless 2 years ago. And how he kept Hibbert and Timmy D honest by making them play D last year. Lets not even talk about "the rebound" in Game 6 finals. In short, Durant now knows who is the fake tough guy. Had to learn respect for the game the hard way

CHRIS BOSH DID HIS THING, EARNED HIS RINGS
KEVIN DURANT SAID THAT COS HE WAS PISSED
BUT SERIOUSLY WE BOTH KNOW BOSH COULDNT WIN SHT WITHOUT LEBRON
HECK HE CLDNT EVEN TAKE THE RAPTORS TO A CONFERENCE FINALS
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by WarriorX1: 8:35am On Nov 13, 2013
Afam4eva:
His father has never supported his Basketball career. Is his dad from Sierra Leone or probably nationalized there cos an article in yahoo says both of his parents are Nigerians. While his mother is Igbo, his Father is Yoruba, . I've never heard of a Yoruba Sierra-leonian before.

There is a Yoruba community in the Sierria Leone, most of them even still speak Yoruba till today, I think they emigrated there around the 19th centurty

@Afam4eva - There are loads of Nigerian kids to watch out for in College,

Rasheed Sulaimon - Duke
Talib Zanna - Pittsburgh
Daniel Ochefu - Villanova
Melvin Ejim - Iowa State
Mike Gbinije - Syracuse
Nnanna Egwu - Illinois
Kevin Olekaibe - UNLV
Retin Obasohan - Alabama
Ben Emelogu - Virginia Tech

This site usually covers all of them -

http://teamnigeriabasketball.com/rankings/

http://teamnigeriabasketball.com/rankings/2014-ranking/
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
shymexx:

No player is better than LeBron in the NBA. He's a freak of nature. And Wade had Shaquille O'Neal in 06,

Yes, Bosh had game in Toronto when he was surrounded by bums. Rudy Gay is doing the same thing now by shooting 37 shots in every game and loading up stats. grin If Durant can call you "soft" - than you're soft. That's the story of Chris Bosh.

The same Wade who averaged 34.7ppg in those finals, something James is yet to come close to?
Please.
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by birdman(m): 6:29am On Nov 14, 2013
Babzilla:

CHRIS BOSH DID HIS THING, EARNED HIS RINGS
KEVIN DURANT SAID THAT COS HE WAS PISSED
BUT SERIOUSLY WE BOTH KNOW BOSH COULDNT WIN SHT WITHOUT LEBRON
HECK HE CLDNT EVEN TAKE THE RAPTORS TO A CONFERENCE FINALS

Its all about having a complementary team. The Thunder even without Westbrook is way more stacked than the Raptors ever were with Bosh. Being beside Lebron diminishes Bosh's skillset, but remember he is a legit big man, legit shot blocker and can drop 30+ on any given night. See his stats in the few games Lebron has missed. Notice the PFs guard Bosh more than they do Lebron during any playoff series. If Bosh were as useless as you say, David West would have been brutalizing Lebron full time.
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by birdman(m): 6:32am On Nov 14, 2013
StarBoard:

The same Wade who averaged 34.7ppg in those finals, something James is yet to come close to?
Please.

He was the go to guy. There are 3 go to guys on the heat now. And I havent even mentioned Ray Ray. No one is going to average more than 28ppg without being a ball hog
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by LewisO: 9:46pm On Nov 15, 2014
Those who compares those lads to Hakeem Olajuwon are mistaking and i very excoriate about, Hall of Fame center Hakeem “The Dream” Olajuwon,lwho played 18 stellar seasons in the NBA and won back-to-back championships for the Houston Rockets in the mid-1990s, He has enjoyed many accolades on the court MVP awards, one of the 50-best players ever, an Olympic gold medal, He also maintains his contacts with the NBA, by tutoring some of the game's brightest stars, including Kobe Bryant,Lebron James, Amar’e Stoudemire, Yao Ming and Dwight Howard. Those guys can even come near him.
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by LewisO: 9:47pm On Nov 15, 2014
Those who compares those lads to Hakeem Olajuwon are mistaking and i very excoriate about, Hall of Fame center Hakeem “The Dream” Olajuwon,lwho played 18 stellar seasons in the NBA and won back-to-back championships for the Houston Rockets in the mid-1990s, He has enjoyed many accolades on the court MVP awards, one of the 50-best players ever, an Olympic gold medal, He also maintains his contacts with the NBA, by tutoring some of the game's brightest stars, including Kobe Bryant,Lebron James, Amar’e Stoudemire, Yao Ming and Dwight Howard. Those guys can't even come near him.
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by LewisO: 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
Those who compares those lads to Hakeem Olajuwon are mistaking and i'm very excoriate about it, Hall of Fame center Hakeem “The Dream” Olajuwon,lwho played 18 stellar seasons in the NBA and won back-to-back championships for the Houston Rockets in the mid-1990s, He has enjoyed many accolades on the court MVP awards, one of the 50-best players ever, an Olympic gold medal, He also maintains his contacts with the NBA, by tutoring some of the game's brightest stars, including Kobe Bryant,Lebron James, Amar’e Stoudemire, Yao Ming and Dwight Howard. Those guys can't even come near him.
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 15, 2014
That Adetokunbo could be a serious star in the future. He has all the elements required for the very top flight. He reminds me of Scottie Pippen.
Re: Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? by airsaylongcon: 11:31am On Nov 17, 2014
shymexx:

He's already averaging 13points, and 6rebounds from the bench. And he's one of the top two rookies atm, with Michael Carter-Williams of the 76ers.

Bucks' pick Giannis Adetokunbo Antetokounmpo isn't getting minutes atm, so I can't really rate him.
rotfl. ..Greeks and their spellings ehn. ante re Gianni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vandals Cart Away Kanu’s Medals / FC Barcelona Becomes 1st Sports Club With 10 Million Subscribers On Youtube / Microsoft Cortana Wins Apple Siri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.