Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l - Education (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l (39337 Views)

12 Useful Math Hacks That They Didn't Teach You In School / Nairaland Math Quiz Competition Loading...(suggestions Needed) / 10 Year Old Nigerian Math Genius, Esther Okade Plans To Build A Bank By Age 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 10:47am On Nov 22, 2013
Good morning Everyone!

At last! The long awaited grand finale of the first ever Nairaland Math Quiz competition is here

Today, Finalists (a.k.a calculators in human skin) will be showing their mathematical prowess. This no doubt makes This round of the quiz competition the most competitive, the most interesting and the most exciting

I can feel the tension all over the place and so Without wasting much of your time, Let's get the Nairaland Math Quiz finals on the way.

Finalist should read the instruction below

Nairalanders Who have tokens for the winner of the quiz Competition should send me a pm or mail msg to richobiagba@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 10:52am On Nov 22, 2013
After much scrutiny of the questions made available to me, only 30 questions were verified and will be used for this Final round.

All questions in the final round will be "obj type" 30 questions in all and each finalist will be allowed to choose between numbers 1-30 ....there will be 5 cycles of choice-making for the finalists.

for example, the 5 finalists will make their choices each for the first cycle, and then another cycle of choice-making starts until it is repeated 5 times.
this means that the total number of questions that will be asked out of the 50 available questions is 5questions per cycle x 5 cycles =25questions

Now, finalists should note that they have just 5mins per question.

although each choice of question is meant for the finalist that chose them, all finalists are advised to work out the answer along with the finalist that made the choice. This is because if after 5mins, the quiz masters get no reply from the finalist that chose a question, the floor will then be open for 1min to all other finalists to provide the answer so that they can earn bonus points. any other finalist that posts his/her answer after the stipulated time won't be offered the bonus point.

All answers will be posted here on this thread....answers sent to email won't be acknowledged.

Note that only the finalist that chose a particular number is expected to post the answer to the question chosen. other finalists that posts answers before they are told to do so will be penalized. (minus 1pt)
other finalists may post their answers within 1minute immediately after the score keeper indicates that 'time is up' so that they can earn bonus points.

The Score card will be published at the end of the round and not after each question.
also the full solution to any question won't be published...just the correct obj answer, i.e either A, B, C, D, or E will be published. This is to save time.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 10:56am On Nov 22, 2013
guys' wer's denniece? .....
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 22, 2013
factorial1: guys' wer's denniece? .....
that's the same qstn i wantd to ask o.......maybe he's busy.....bt i believe dat he wld soon be here 4 d finals.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 22, 2013
aysuccess99:
that's the same qstn i wantd to ask o.......maybe he's busy.....bt i believe dat he wld soon be here 4 d finals.

I doubt that smiley
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 11:04am On Nov 22, 2013
He like being in guest mood, he should b d one in guest mood
aysuccess99:
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 22, 2013
NO PARTICIPANT SHOULD BE IN GUEST MODE!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 11:08am On Nov 22, 2013
No need to tell 'em again, dey 'l later rescind decision
smurfy: NO PARTICIPANT SHOULD BE IN GUEST MODE!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 11:08am On Nov 22, 2013
NAMES OF FINALISTS

1. :::DENNIECE1:::

2. :::JARYEH:::

3. :::AYSUCCESS99:::

4. :::SMURFY:::

5. :::FACTORIAL1:::

NOTE

.....All points has been reset to zero
.....Finalists should follow their numbers when making choice of question
i.e starts with Denniece1 and ends with Factorial1 for each cycle
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 22, 2013
factorial1: No need to tell 'em again, dey 'l later rescind decision
that's true o......bt what wld happen to denniece if he's nt d one in d guest mode?
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 11:14am On Nov 22, 2013
aysuccess99:
that's true o......bt what wld happen to denniece if he's nt d one in d guest mode?
I know not...
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 22, 2013
aysuccess99:

You see what I mean? Being in guest mode as a participant affect things. Such should be discouraged in the future.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 11:17am On Nov 22, 2013
@ Richiez, pls check your mail
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 11:17am On Nov 22, 2013
Joining me today will be quiz Masters Doubledx and [url=https://www.nairaland.com/alpha%20maximus]AlphaMaximus[/url]
pls sirs check your mails

NOW LET'S START

:::DENNIECE1:::

choose a number
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 22, 2013
He's simply not in the HOUSE, and I sense a conspiracy here smiley
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 22, 2013
smurfy: He's simply not in the HOUSE, and I sense a conspiracy here smiley
why do u think so....u knw dat many ppl do have changing schedules, anytin cld hapin 2 anyone at anytime...lyk me i almost lost d chance 2 compete in d finals 2day due 2 d fact dat i was sick and tanks 2 GOD who gave me speed recovery.....maybe he's sick or something....bt let's keep our fingers cross cos d competition wld start in less than a seconds.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 11:24am On Nov 22, 2013
Next Finalist ....You can now choose a number....btw 1-30
:::JARYEH:::
you have just a minute to do that
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 11:26am On Nov 22, 2013
Richiez: Next Finalist ....You can now choose a number....btw 1-30
:::JARYEH:::
you have just a minute to do that

Number 1
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 11:27am On Nov 22, 2013
1. Which of the following is not a prime number?
(a) 2 (b)3 (c)1 (d)97

you have just 5 mins
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 11:27am On Nov 22, 2013
@doubledx...u r sighted...I greet you!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 11:28am On Nov 22, 2013
Richiez: 1. Which of the following is not a prime number?
(a) 2 (b)3 (c)1 (d)97

you have just 5 mins

(C) 1
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 22, 2013
factorial1: @doubledx...u r sighted...I greet you!

Greetings chief and good luck!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 11:30am On Nov 22, 2013
jaryeh:

(C) 1

correct!!! you just got 2pts

Next to choose is :::AYSUCCESS99:::

you have just one minute
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 22, 2013
number 7.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 11:32am On Nov 22, 2013
Quiz master doubled will post the question from our question bank
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 22, 2013
aysuccess99: number 7.

7. Evaluate 8!6!0!/5!4!3!

(a) 1608 (b)1680 (c) 1860 (d) 0

you have just 5mins
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 22, 2013
doubleDx:

7. Evaluate 8!6!0!/5!4!3!
(a) 1608 (b)1680 (c) 1860 (d) 0
answer is B.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 11:37am On Nov 22, 2013
aysuccess99:
answer is B.

Correct!!!
you just got 2pts

Next to chose is :::SMURFY:::

you have just I minute to do so
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Fynestboi: 11:38am On Nov 22, 2013
Whao am loving this no side post please...
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 22, 2013
No. 2
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 11:40am On Nov 22, 2013
smurfy: No. 2

quiz master alphamaximus will post the question from our question bank
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 11:44am On Nov 22, 2013
here it is
2. Solve the following for X

2LogaX - Loga(X-1) = Loga(X-2)
(a) X= 3/2 (b) X= 1/3 (c) X=2 (d) X= 2/3

you have just 5 mins!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (63) (Reply)

UNN Suspends Chigozie Obum For Impregnating Four Students Within 4 Years / Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? / Four-storeys Elementary School With Race Track On The Rooftop In China(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.