Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l (39523 Views)

12 Useful Math Hacks That They Didn't Teach You In School / Nairaland Math Quiz Competition Loading...(suggestions Needed) / 10 Year Old Nigerian Math Genius, Esther Okade Plans To Build A Bank By Age 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AmazingAngel(f): 4:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
Richiez: Top Scorers

:::AYSUCCESS99::: 10pts
:::KENDZYMA::: 10pts
[url=https://www.nairaland.com/amazing%20angel]:::AMAZING ANGEL:::[/url] 8pts
:::LOGODWHIZ::: 8pts
:::SMURFY::: 8pts
:::JARYEH::: 8pts
:::DENNIECE1::: 8pts
:::FACTORIAL1::: 8pts
me sef D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ try Ω̴̩̩̩̥α ,if not for that conc question that I couldn't interprete,I would have had 10pnts,buh u guys didn't post d workings Ω̴̩̩̩̥α ,it seems it was the second question
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by DrGboy(m): 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
Glad i was able to make it to round 3. It's been over 9 months since i had anything to do with maths at least for a med student. That was a really stiff competition tho.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
@Richiez
@Doubledx et al

Thanks for the encouragement. We all appreciate you guys.

When is the next round starting tomorrow?
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 4:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hmmmmm, tomorrow is tomorrow! Doubledx understands

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
hehe...try to understand what I mean bro, the 2nd statement....aint thinking mathematically when solving it, I thought of that b4 precisely...I did'nt make use of it #Peace
doubleDx:

It is what it is Chief, the first two statements are true for Q = -1....abi you want troway that one ni? grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Kendzyma(m): 4:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
Alpha Maximus: Hmmmmm, tomorrow is tomorrow! Doubledx understands
abeg no let im undastnd o cous am smelin heart shakin questns frm u guys...
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Miracy(f): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
Miracy: sad sadcouldn’t meet up with time because of the poor network over here...
Am i qualified for the next round with just two points
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
Lolz
doubleDx:

Yeah, you did great! I know the gurus on the thread grin. Factorial1 dey vex for that 2 points wey him loose grin grin grin Y'all are gurus, congrats; next round will be more interesting!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by uceee(m): 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
Unfortunately, I missed the whole round, congratulations to those who made it through.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by papindinho(m): 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
I left during the second round Q2 and I was surprised to see the scorecard and no correctioon for the Q2 which I would like to see for proper clarification.
Regards
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by papindinho(m): 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
Alpha Maximus: Hmmmmm, tomorrow is tomorrow! Doubledx understands
great job guys.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 5:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
Alpha Maximus: Round 2- Question 2
2. The cube root of a number is the equivalent of 11 times the square of the number less 31 times the number plus 21. The cube root of the number is simultaneously equal to 15 times the square of the number plus 24 less 38 times the number. What is the logarithm of this number to 2 decimal places?
OPTIONS:
A. -1.58
B. 0.95
C. 2.10
D. 1.00
E. 0.00
Alright here's the solution:
The trick is that you just have to find two things equal to each other and ignore the cube root statement. Translating the aforementioned statement into equations we have that the cube root of the unknown number is equal to 11a^2-31a +21 and is also equal to 15a^2-38a+24...this is a disguised inference that both quadratic equations are also equal to each other.
Thus, 11a^2-31a+21= 15a^2-38a+24
Collecting like terms we have:
4a^2-7a-3=0
Factorising we have a=3/4(false through testing) and a=1(irrefutably authentic cheesy) But wait, it doesn't end there! We have to find its logarithm and this does not even require a scientific calculator as do ALL of the pre-posted problems.
Log1=x
10^x=1
The only index which transforms any number into 1 is 0....thus the correct answer was 0.00....brace yourselves for tomorrow, its gonna be , well, not as 'nice' as today cheesy grin
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 5:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
papindinho: I left during the second round Q2 and I was surprised to see the scorecard and no correctioon for the Q2 which I would like to see for proper clarification.
Regards
I hope you have seen the solution to the question? I've posted it above.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jackpot(f): 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
wow. Just coming back from work and I'm already 11pages behind in less than 24hrs! Blimey!!! cheesy

@jaryeh, doubleDx
Sorry, the timing isn't suitable for me to participate walahi. Thanks for the nomination though. My pleasure.

@ Richiez, doubleDx, Alpha Maximus
Great works bros'es! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by papindinho(m): 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
Alpha Maximus: I hope you have seen the solution to the question? I've posted it above.
Thanks, that means I got it right and my score wasn't recorded cos I sent my answer to Doubledx and he confirmed its reception.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by dyshow(m): 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
U people self don dey do ojoro cos d ans i sent is correct,i also got 0.00 but u didnt add d mark for me,na waooooooo!!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 5:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
dyshow: U people self don dey do ojoro cos d ans i sent is correct,i also got 0.00 but u didnt add d mark for me,na waooooooo!!
I sent your name to Richiez
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2013
dyshow: U people self don dey do ojoro cos d ans i sent is correct,i also got 0.00 but u didnt add d mark for me,na waooooooo!!
I sent your name to Richiez....but you answered late and maybe you answered(wrong answer then right) twice..but I know you answered late
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
jackpot: wow. Just coming back from work and I'm already 11pages behind in less than 24hrs! Blimey!!! cheesy

@jaryeh, doubleDx
Sorry, the timing isn't suitable for me to participate walahi. Thanks for the nomination though. My pleasure.

I wish you are free, we need you here...Do PM richiez if you are going to be free tomorrow, I've got tight schedules tomorrow but will put in my best to follow the thread though... We need some questions from you too!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by papindinho(m): 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
Alpha Maximus: I sent your name to Richiez....but you answered late and maybe you answered(wrong answer then right) twice..but I know you answered late
it's been great to participate in this. I would have jostle ma bow with other great mathematicians here (being an art student) but my health couldn't allow me to take part wella.
Best of luck to the other guys.
Regards.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 6:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
jackpot: wow. Just coming back from work and I'm already 11pages behind in less than 24hrs! Blimey!!! cheesy

@jaryeh, doubleDx

welcome back! We would love to have you here tomorrow.

Richiez should please help us to adjust the time,preferrably to evening period so that those who were busy during the day would be able to participate.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Cashio(m): 6:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
So unfortunate i was so busy i had to log out after my last post...pls can u guys re-schedule the time to anything around evenings so that everyone wud be chanced to partake....still on 2 points*****sobs****will i still make it?***sobs even louder
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hahahaha.,o boy.So benbuks is out..aya sorry 4him, he tot he will have tym today,bt didnt o...i cn c d up comin...chike obi..in 9ja....great wuk 2 u all , more mathematical pawas 2 ur brains o daytym nt 2 ideal 4 dis quiz o........al z well..
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Adegbemigunjosh(m): 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2013
omo aye n je iwe oooo....i salute my ogas ooo....i regret say i no knw in tym
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Cashio(m): 9:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
whitenite: open and register on site first registration is 25 dollars then you send it to all your friends on any site
tell them to open it the more you friends open it the more you money once you money is up to 300 dollars
then they will tell you how to claim ithttp://www.revenuejob.com/?share=16385
buh bro no offence ooo...abeg dis place be like billboard?
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by dyshow(m): 11:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
Alpha Maximus: ...And besides, who has time to exhibit favouritism on this thread? Its all for the sake of learning and healthy competition. I'm afraid I have to say your statement lacked substance.
oga nlaa abeg no vess if my word has emanated infuriation in U, precisely i hail u people 4 ur profound work. But wat i'm actually explicating was dat,'assuming u didn't post d ans,i would keep on fooling myself believing dat my workings was wrong,i remembered i solved d question within limited time nd posted d ans via email as 0.00 but quiet unfortunate dat u people didnt add mark to my score which culd av notified me dat my answer was right. Any way we ar one just kip on doing ur good work. Weldone guys!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by toideve(m): 5:58am On Nov 14, 2013
Alpha Maximus: Alright here's the solution:
The trick is that you just have to find two things equal to each other and ignore the cube root statement. Translating the aforementioned statement into equations we have that the cube root of the unknown number is equal to 11a^2-31a +21 and is also equal to 15a^2-38a+24...this is a disguised inference that both quadratic equations are also equal to each other.
Thus, 11a^2-31a+21= 15a^2-38a+24
Collecting like terms we have:
4a^2-7a-3=0
Factorising we have a=3/4(false through testing) and a=1(irrefutably authentic cheesy) But wait, it doesn't end there! We have to find its logarithm and this does not even require a scientific calculator as do ALL of the pre-posted problems.
Log1=x
10^x=1
The only index which transforms any number into 1 is 0....thus the correct answer was 0.00....brace yourselves for tomorrow, its gonna be , well, not as 'nice' as today cheesy grin

This is fluke undecided
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 10:24am On Nov 14, 2013
it was added in the Score card bro though it was added late cos I received your name late....I was very cautious
Thanks!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 10:46am On Nov 14, 2013
When is the 3rd round starting
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 11:02am On Nov 14, 2013
12:00p.m prompt
jaryeh: When is the 3rd round starting

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (63) (Reply)

20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities / Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? / First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.