Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l (39264 Views)

12 Useful Math Hacks That They Didn't Teach You In School / Nairaland Math Quiz Competition Loading...(suggestions Needed) / 10 Year Old Nigerian Math Genius, Esther Okade Plans To Build A Bank By Age 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2013
Okay, that was a cheap one right there....here goes the solution =>

Now, the relationship is C = 5/9( F - 32)

:. For F to be equal to C, ie (F = C) the relationship becomes =>

C = 5/9(C - 32)
Now, we cross multiply, So that =>

9C = 5(C - 32)
9C = 5C - 160
9C - 5C = -160
4C = -160
C = -40

Hence at -40 degrees, degree Celcius = degree Fahreinheit. So, -40 degrees Celcius = -40 degrees Fahreinheit.

So here goes the names of the qualified participants =>

Dr.Gboy, uceee, benbuks, factorial1, tjaz, aysuccess99, Miracy, Kendzyma, AND LogoDWhiz
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
4:01PM....still waiting for answers.#following# thank God dat d answer is out....welldone boss.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2013
aysuccess99: 4:01PM....still waiting for answers.#following# thank God dat d answer is out....welldone boss.

Solution posted, congrats!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
This is unfair.. I got it right too...The workings.. x=0.56*(y-32) When x=y. x=0.56*(x-32).. ; x=0.56x-17.92; x-0.56x = -17.92; 0.44x=-17.92; x=-40.92... Still -40...
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 12, 2013
LogoDWhiz: This is unfair.. I got it right too...The workings.. x=0.56*(y-32) When x=y. x=0.56*(x-32).. ; x=0.56x-17.92; x-0.56x = -17.92; 0.44x=-17.92; x=-40.92... Still -40...

You should have followed what was given in the problem....That is how to pass an exams, you don't have to create your own question! Well, maybe other quiz masters would reconsider you!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2013
doubleDx:

You should have followed what was given in the problem....That is how to pass an exams, you don't have to create your own question! Well, maybe other quiz masters would reconsider you!
Lol.. I didn't create my question.. The only mistake I can say that I made was turning 5/9 into decimal in my workings.. Anr it affected the final answer.. That's all..
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Sanguine(f): 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2013
I ain much of a math fan, but I'd follow all the same. I could learn a thing or two. cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
LogoDWhiz: Lol.. I didn't create my question.. The only mistake I can say that I made was turning 5/9 into decimal in my workings.. Anr it affected the final answer.. That's all..
....nope, that wasn't a mistake at all. The mistake u made was approximating to two decimal places, you should have left it at at least 10 decimal places till your final answer and that would have been very accurate you woul have gotten an answer like 39.999987 or 40.000000128

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
Alpha Maximus: ....nope, that wasn't a mistake at all. The mistake u made was approximating to two decimal places, you should have left it at at least 10 decimal places till your final answer and that would have been very accurate you woul have gotten an answer like 39.999987 or 40.000000128
okay.. Point noted.. Next time I approx I will put it in use..
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
Can the quizmasters just let this pass??
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
Alpha Maximus: ....nope, that wasn't a mistake at all. The mistake u made was approximating to two decimal places, you should have left it at at least 10 decimal places till your final answer and that would have been very accurate you woul have gotten an answer like -39.999987 or -40.000000128

LogoDWhiz: This is unfair.. I got it right too...The workings.. x=0.56*(y-32) When x=y. x=0.56*(x-32).. ; x=0.56x-17.92; x-0.56x = -17.92; 0.44x=-17.92; x=-40.92... Still -40...

LogoDWhiz: Can the quizmasters just let this pass??

So, do we reconsider him? That was a very big mistake there; what if it were OBJ and -40.9 and -39.999987 were in the options? It would still have been a fail on his side, because if he approximates his answer, it will be -41; lol! don't know what to do for him now grin
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2013
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 4:45pm On Nov 12, 2013
Finally through with setting of questions!! Had to make up some myself. *rubs hands in evil manner* How your side dey , Doubledx?
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
Alpha Maximus: .... Frankly Comrade Doubledx, he at least knew what steps to follow and it wasn't as if he was totally clueless though I don't know what promted him to decimalise his workings. If he wasn't so 'decimally-inclined' and just stuck to fractions, he would have 'knacked' -40 on the dot, so to speak. grin All in all, he should at least be given another chance because of his correct steps. I say we induct him into the quiz, that's my opinion. What sayeth thou, Comrade Doubledx?

Cool, I'm including his name!

Alright, general richiez, when do we kick it?
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
Thanks a lot.. I appreciate this..

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
Alpha Maximus: Finally through with setting of questions!! Had to make up some myself. *rubs hands in evil manner* How your side dey , Doubledx?

Cool, Comrade Alpha; I hope say no be evil questions you set grin Make earthquake no destroy the thread grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by dcitizen1: 5:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
@doubledx and alpha maximus

Good job. Keep it up. Thumb up for you guys

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 5:58pm On Nov 12, 2013
......and where is Miss Jackpot She should come and join us o. I can't imagine her not being here.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AmazingAngel(f): 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
Pls I just saw dis post dis evening,can I participate,plsssssssssss
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 12, 2013
jaryeh: ......and where is Miss Jackpot She should come and join us o. I can't imagine her not being here.

This is just round one, other quiz masters will definitely join in when they are free! Ain't easy squeezing out time on working days....
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
Amazing Angel: Pls I just saw dis post dis evening,can I participate,plsssssssssss

Well, maybe your own make-up test question will be given to you alone and/or with others who are still willing to participate! I don't know...maybe you should PM richiez!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by papindinho(m): 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fynestboi: papi badoooo.
Lord Fynest. Oga mi ti ko need checkmate. Howdy na?
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jackpot(f): 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2013
jaryeh: ......and where is Miss Jackpot She should come and join us o. I can't imagine her not being here.
Hi. Reporting on the thread Sir wink

2 days absence and I've missed quite a lot. Amazing!

Would have loved to participate but I guess the stage is already set.

I see our quiz masters doing the work just fine.

Cheers everybody!!! cheesy
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jackpot(f): 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
doubleDx:

This is just round one, other quiz masters will definitely join when they are free! Ain't easy squeezing out time on working days....
on point, Sir!

@Richiez

hope it's not too late to declare interest?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
Richiez: Those Still interested in Participating should post their answer now!!!
After this opportunity all interested participants will have to wait till the next season
WHAT ANSWER?
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
jackpot: Hi. Reporting on the thread Sir wink

2 days absence and I've missed quite a lot. Amazing!

Would have loved to participate but I guess the stage is already set.

I see our quiz masters doing the work just fine.

Cheers everybody!!! cheesy

You are welcome ma.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by oladoya(m): 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2013
if there is any consideration i think i would like to join and if there is none then next season must not pass me by. Good work though.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Cashio(m): 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
Pls brothers, i have followed the maths clinic from page one and contributing when it's within my capability.i really wanted to partake in this quiz but have not been online for 2-3 days cos my phone developed some faults which i have rectified........do i still have a chance?...pls jackpot remember i once questioned ur sex status..maximus i once settled ur feud with some guys etc..urs one cashio
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Calculusfx: 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
The thread is very interesting,i'm sure we gonna rock it together tomorrow...i respect you people.i promise to send my own questions tomorrow@sir richiez..
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by horlaxymoney(m): 12:38am On Nov 13, 2013
it horlaxymoney....i rep futminna nd estate management buh i b guru/master in mathematics
Sign me in and c wat i got 4 u...
Application letter signed? Wil lyk 2 join d thread
.1/2x + 2/4y = 36
and
3/6y + 4/8x = 72
quadratic equation....
.giv me a trial
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jackpot(f): 1:37am On Nov 13, 2013
horlaxymoney: it horlaxymoney....i rep futminna nd estate management buh i b guru/master in mathematics
Sign me in and c wat i got 4 u...
Application letter signed? Wil lyk 2 join d thread
.1/2x + 2/4y = 36
and
3/6y + 4/8x = 72
quadratic equation....
.giv me a trial
quadratic equation? sad undecided We give up!!! cheesy

By the way, your simultaneous equation no get answer. Simplify the second and compare with the first. This shows that the equations are inconsistent.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply)

ESUT Students Pack Feces As Landlord Ignores Filled Soakaway Pit (Disturbing Pix / When JAMB Adds 40 Marks To Your Initial Score(hilarious Photo) / Winifred Hyacinth: UNIZIK Medical Graduate Gets 12 Awards At Induction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.