Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l (39272 Views)

12 Useful Math Hacks That They Didn't Teach You In School / Nairaland Math Quiz Competition Loading...(suggestions Needed) / 10 Year Old Nigerian Math Genius, Esther Okade Plans To Build A Bank By Age 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by uceee(m): 4:21am On Nov 13, 2013
jackpot: quadratic equation? sad undecided We give up!!! cheesy

By the way, your simultaneous equation no get answer. Simplify the second and compare with the first. This shows that the equations are inconsistent.
I think he made that up intentionally to get a reaction. It was funny though.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by toideve(m): 4:40am On Nov 13, 2013
Biko, if there's still any consideration, I'd like to join too.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Cashio(m): 6:38am On Nov 13, 2013
No one has said nothing abt me yet..wts up guys?
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 6:44am On Nov 13, 2013
Alpha Maximus: I sight you Doubledx. Nice work. Ah, Dr. Benbuks, you fall my calculator o! I expected you to backflip over the first question!! grin Anyway, no one is perfect. You have a chance to redeem yourself. @ Richiez, I think the answering method for the second qualifying test is somewhat skewed; if for instance one good participant gets the answer right, a clueless participant could just photocopy his answer and post here!! There should be a more private screening method

I have a suggestion sir!

Each candidate should send their answer to the coordinator via e-mail,then when the time is up the coordinator will post all the answers he has received here for everyone to see,each will be with the name of the candidate who sent it. Then,the correct answer will be posted as usual.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 7:31am On Nov 13, 2013
That's just it sis. cause I noticed that yesterday, most of those that got the ans. correctly did'nt attempted the question to be precise. Albeit, I'm not refering to any1 here, I think that's a good sugestion. #Shalom
jaryeh:

I have a suggestion sir!

Each candidate should send their answer to the coordinator via e-mail,then when the time is up the coordinator will post all the answers he has received here for everyone to see,each will be with the name of the candidate who sent it. Then,the correct answer will be posted as usual.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 8:18am On Nov 13, 2013
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Idenyijoshua(m): 8:22am On Nov 13, 2013
jaryeh:

I have a suggestion sir!

seconded
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by ugonna1054(m): 8:38am On Nov 13, 2013
I'd like to join can I still Join
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 8:47am On Nov 13, 2013
Cashio: Pls brothers, i have followed the maths clinic from page one and contributing when it's within my capability.i really wanted to partake in this quiz but have not been online for 2-3 days cos my phone developed some faults which i have rectified........do i still have a chance?...pls jackpot remember i once questioned ur sex status..maximus i once settled ur feud with some guys etc..urs one cashio
toideve: Biko, if there's still any consideration, I'd like to join too.
horlaxymoney: it horlaxymoney....i rep futminna nd estate management buh i b guru/master in mathematics
Sign me in and c wat i got 4 u...
Application letter signed? Wil lyk 2 join d thread
.1/2x + 2/4y = 36
and
3/6y + 4/8x = 72
quadratic equation....
.giv me a trial
oladoya: if there is any consideration i think i would like to join and if there is none then next season must not pass me by. Good work though.
Amazing Angel: Pls I just saw dis post dis evening,can I participate,plsssssssssss
....Hmmmmm, don't know if anything can be done for you guyz just yet. I've contacted Richiez on the issue.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 9:02am On Nov 13, 2013
factorial1: That's just it sis. cause I noticed that yesterday, most of those that got the ans. correctly did'nt attempted the question to be precise. Albeit, I'm not refering to any1 here, I think that's a good sugestion. #Shalom

Alpha Maximus: That is a splendid suggestion my good sir!! I will try to implement it but I have to discuss with other co-ordinators as well. Thanks for that insight.

All right bosses!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 10:07am On Nov 13, 2013
Alright, I've got good news for you late-comers. I've been given the go-ahead to post another qualifying-test, which may perhaps be the last. Stay tuned and wait briefly for the question. And DO NOT post your answers on this thread, send your answer to my e-mail .......this is intended to curb 'photocopying'....you have till 11.30 a.m to send your answers. Goodluck
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 10:09am On Nov 13, 2013
ugonna1054: I'd like to join can I still Join
jackpot: on point, Sir!

@Richiez

hope it's not too late to declare interest?
Amazing Angel: Pls I just saw dis post dis evening,can I participate,plsssssssssss

After much deliberation with the quiz masters! we thought we might give late comers a chance
Quiz Master [url=https://www.nairaland.com/alpha%20maximus]AlphaMaximus[/url] will be briefing late comers who are still interested in participating very soon! so stay glued to the thread
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by echibuzor: 10:25am On Nov 13, 2013
New comers basically have 1 hr to solve whatever Question Alphamaximus dregs up....Hmm.. This should be fun....
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 10:31am On Nov 13, 2013
Alright here's the question:
QUESTION: 2000 litres of fuel containing 5% toluene is available for a specific Chevy 265-cid V8 engine. This fuel is also designated for another superior engine, Omega 41GB6, which requires a 25% toluene mixture owing to the need for better-quality octane ratings. How many more litres of oil must be added to meet the superior engine's specifications?
OPTIONS:
A. 200.00
B. 400.03
C. 400.00
D. 625.41
E. 533.33
N.B: DO NOT post your answer on this thread, send to any of the aforementioned e-mails posted.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by echibuzor: 10:41am On Nov 13, 2013
Hmm... Make I quickly go and ask my mechanic, before the time elapses... grin grin . Wande!!! Where is your Oga Soji? grin
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by DrGboy(m): 10:54am On Nov 13, 2013
Easy but quite technical.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 10:58am On Nov 13, 2013
This is an alternative question you can only answer either one. send the correct answer to sfadeshola@yahoo.com or doubledx9ja@gmail.com

Q
The angle of elevation of the top of a water tower from point A on the ground is 60 degrees,

if the height of the tower is 2(P + 2) and the distant between point A and the bottom of the

tower is 12m. What is the value of P?

A. 2(3√3 - 1)
B. 2√3 + 1
C. √3 - 1
D. 6√3 - 1

Remember, just the answer
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 11:06am On Nov 13, 2013
So far, The names of eligible participants are:
1. :::JARYEH:::

2. :::DENNIECE1:::

3. :::IDENYIJOSHUA:::

4. :::PAPINDINHO:::

5. :::DR.GBOY:::

6. :::UCEEE:::

7. :::BENBUKS:::

8. :::FACTORIAL1:::

9. :::TJAZ:::

10. :::AYSUCCESS99:::

11. :::MIRACY:::

12. :::KENDZYMA:::

13. :::LOGODWHIZ:::

more names to be added soon

Round2 starts by 12noon, and it is tagged Survival of the fittest!
here, Questions will be thrown by the quiz masters and the all participants are expected to post the answer within 10 mins.

A score card will be computed for each participant after the time elapses for each question. note that weak participants will be evicted...the number of weak participants to be evicted won't be made known to you for now. so all participants are expected to get prepared, Sit up and fasten their seat belts
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by dyshow(m): 11:12am On Nov 13, 2013
Pls include my name oooo! Abeg i voluntered d day u emanated dis tread but unfortunate i culdnt participate yesterday due to the admission stress jare. So 4 d answer expect it via d afforementioned email add.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 11:19am On Nov 13, 2013
dyshow: Pls include my name oooo! Abeg i voluntered d day u emanated dis tread but unfortunate i culdnt participate yesterday due to the admission stress jare. So 4 d answer expect it via d afforementioned email add.
Looking forward to your answer.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 11:20am On Nov 13, 2013
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by echibuzor: 11:22am On Nov 13, 2013
dyshow: Pls include my name oooo! Abeg i voluntered d day u emanated dis tread but unfortunate i culdnt participate yesterday due to the admission stress jare. So 4 d answer expect it via d afforementioned email add.
I believe if you can send the correct answer to one of the recipient addresses before 11:30 am (GMT+1) then you should be in... Clock's ticking
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 11:29am On Nov 13, 2013
Please if you send your answer, also send your Nairaland username as well
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2013
@Toyossi Dayo, send your Nairaland username
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 11:37am On Nov 13, 2013
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2013
Your response-time elapses at 11.54am
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 11:41am On Nov 13, 2013
Alpha Maximus: Alright here's the question:
QUESTION: 2000 litres of fuel containing 5% toluene is available for a specific Chevy 265-cid V8 engine. This fuel is also designated for another superior engine, Omega 41GB6, which requires a 25% toluene mixture owing to the need for better-quality octane ratings. How many more litres of oil must be added to meet the superior engine's specifications?
OPTIONS:
A. 200.00
B. 400.03
C. 400.00
D. 625.41
E. 533.33
N.B: DO NOT post your answer on this thread, send to any of the aforementioned e-mails posted.
Richiez: This is an alternative question you can only answer either one. send the correct answer to sfadeshola@yahoo.com or doubledx9ja@gmail.com

Q
The angle of elevation of the top of a water tower from point A on the ground is 60 degrees,

if the height of the tower is 2(P + 2) and the distant between point A and the bottom of the

tower is 12m. What is the value of P?

A. 2(3√3 - 1)
B. 2√3 + 1
C. √3 - 1
D. 6√3 - 1

Remember, just the answer
....Answer any of the two
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 11:47am On Nov 13, 2013
Okay, I've received TWO replies. @Toyossi Dayo, you've still not sent your Nairaland username!!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 11:48am On Nov 13, 2013
@Amazing Angel, I've received your reply....more replies please. Time is fleeting
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 13, 2013
Alpha Maximus: 10 minutes left and I've still received no answer!

I have received 2 answers from 2 participants so far! Sorry, for coming late....
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by toideve(m): 11:56am On Nov 13, 2013
See me see tension oo! smiley
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 13, 2013
Received Correct/wrong answers from 3 participants, Mozarinia, Amazing angel and toideve

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply)

When JAMB Adds 40 Marks To Your Initial Score(hilarious Photo) / Winifred Hyacinth: UNIZIK Medical Graduate Gets 12 Awards At Induction / The Onitsha Students Representing Nigeria At World Pitch Academic Competition US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.