Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools (25732 Views)

Five Things About Students Who Attend Public Schools. / Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools / Lagos To Introduce Chinese In Public Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by mazizitonene(m): 10:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
What do you mean by unintelligent....if some so-called unintelligent students were barred from skul, don't you fnk we wud have lost sum great minds....ask ben carson or wole soyinka

#no child is really unintelligent or a waste...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Ekpekus(m): 10:23pm On Nov 11, 2013
Those scores are man-made and are very subjective, ain't they?
Schooling should be more than just using examination and grades to judge.
If this is strictly adhere to then I fear the future of Nigeria which already have an illeteracy rate of over 40%.
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by theoctopus: 10:23pm On Nov 11, 2013
Egba girl:

I'm trying to understand you. So if these people pay their taxes on the regular, they get tax clearance right? So once they have that, do they have to pay any additional fee for their kids? Do they pay school fees?

In short, what fees are they paying?
Are jobless people supposed to pay taxes? Please answer me or shut up!
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Egbagirl(f): 10:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
speedyboi:

you dey mind that one? he dey among numerous people wey no dey pay tax na. So tax clearance is now school fees? If you pay your tax regularly, you will have your tax clearance.....if not, that's when officials will try to rip you off to give you a counterfeit

That's why I asked for a breakdown of the fees they pay. lol.

Naija people and free things. Una want better thing but when govt say make you pay tax, una no go wan pay.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Egbagirl(f): 10:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
theoctopus:
Are jobless people supposed to pay taxes? Please answer me or shut up!

You can like to keep your insults abeg. I no dey for this kind nonsense today. No spoil my mood. If you can't be civil and hold a proper conversation, biko waka pass.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
Read the write up! PHoo.ls
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by jahbiz: 10:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
The topic is one of top 5 most misleading topics of the year. Y now?
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by taharqa: 10:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mynd_44: Those public secondary schools are getting crowded mehn.....they should not be thrown open to everyone. If a student fails placement exams, he/she should try again next year or go learn a trade
Exactly!! This is just a ploy to reduce d population, hence public responsibility, of d LASG in public Sec Schools. Just like Lagos public Hospitals and State University now collect some of the highest Admission and School fees respectively in the country.... If we were honest with ourselves, how many students would score more the 50% in English and Maths in d JSS levels for instance? Na how many? And can d Govt completely assure us that they too wud significantly improve on d Standards, enough as to enable virtuali all the students to attain these score as soon as possible?
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by MsNas(f): 10:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
theoctopus:

Stop lying. Public schools in Lagos are not free. You people are too full of lies. You cannot even get admitted without showing your tax clearance. Even poor jobless widows had to pay a minimum of 5k to get so called tax clearance for their wards. LASG is a big fraud as ever! Thieves! Ole!
Are you for real? So paying tax and school fees equal the same thing.
FYI, paying your tax is mandatory not optional.
Most of our goods and services in Nigeria aren't taxed. That's why people cry when told to go and pay taxes or get tax clearance. Here, if you buy pencil, you pay tax. But chewing gum, you pay tax. That's how it works. Educate yourself wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by nnocurruption: 10:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
I believe everyone should be granted an opportunity to free education.
Some people get serious with school when they get to the university and even graduate with first class.
Haven't you seen cases where the so called most brilliant student in secondary school ended up graduated poorly.
This is the problem with Nigeria with their useless and poor education they still want students to perform well very stupid way of thinking.
I believe God made everyone equal some people just needs more time and patients.
Look at the story of Ben Carson the best neurosurgeon in the world he too had some difficulty with his education or how about Bill gate? most of the world greatest people where told that they will never amount to anything.
This is another reason why countries in the western world is better than Nigeria they see the creativity in everyone, they find a way to help people instead of just sending them away.
Believe it or not black people especially Nigerians have a wicked and hardship mentality.
Nigeria: poor education with very difficult exams and stupid rules like "No calculator allowed" and still they want students to perform well in school, just imagine to get into the university in Nigeria one has to write waec write jamb and write post ume Nigerian education is too difficult and stressful and even after all this a Nigerian graduate cannot be compared to a South African graduate.
Rubbish and dumb policy.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Nuzo1(m): 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2013
In very progressive educational sectors of Japan, China and Korea; their students are never made to repeat classes based on scores.
Their government concentrate more on the holistic development of the elementary and high school students. That's why some of their so-called unintelligent ones beat their foreign counterparts in other sectors.

The issue of scores only come up during the entrance exams into universities.

I guess the LSG is more concerned about the free money spent on these "olodos". To me, its never a waste!
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by wales4real(m): 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2013
This is grossly wrong. No child is uninteligent. That word is so offensive. We all have the right to be educated. Vocational studies should be made lucrative by our govt. This is to cater for those who lacked proper early education. Count yourself lucky if u have parents that could afford u proper early education. Some people out there u call 'unintelligent' are better than you but did not have that grace. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I wish Nairaland banned all those who profess the christian faith.

What is this one saying, and what does this have to do with the topic?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by ifebosco: 10:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
macjive01: Thank God!
Thats all we have bern praying for. Level playing ground and let the best win .

Let the olodos, ugly daft Inbreeds to turn to their natural calling, agbero. Omo ni le. Area boys.

Time for the people who has been marginalised and denied opportunities to show their true potential.

There is going to be a MANESFESTATION.

stupid mentality fools like you are what we have like rulers,so you think having good acadamic results makes you a better person in live?think again

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by baby124: 10:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
Good, raising the standard of Education in the state. Now private schools have to prove why they are charging all this money. As public education may just be as good as private. Also, the teachers employed by LASG and their competence needs a thorough looking into.
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by philip0906(m): 10:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
HNosegbe:

What is this one saying, and what does this have to do with the topic?
You just finding out that that wasted sper.m is nothing but a lousy foo.l?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by rman: 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2013
Misleading topic!
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by koins: 10:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
I dont think I can support the idea, it will only make maths & Eng teachers + principals more corrupt.... No be Lagos we dey!
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Sircj(m): 10:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
JECBOSS: In as much as I understand what the Lagos state govt. is trying to convey, I think Nairaland should replicate this. I'm of the opinion that poor command of English language as usually observed on Nairaland is symptomatic of our falling standards in education.

What does dis one sayin.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Sircj(m): 10:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
JECBOSS: In as much as I understand what the Lagos state govt. is trying to convey, I think Nairaland should replicate this. I'm of the opinion that poor command of English language as usually observed on Nairaland is symptomatic of our falling standards in education.

What does dis one sayin. How does writin /speakin eng qualifd one to been intelligent. Ask chinesse, german etc.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by theoctopus: 10:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ms Nas:
Are you for real? So paying tax and school fees equal the same thing.
FYI, paying your tax is mandatory not optional.
Most of our goods and services in Nigeria aren't taxed. That's why people cry when told to go and pay taxes or get tax clearance. Here, if you buy pencil, you pay tax. But chewing gum, you pay tax. That's how it works. Educate yourself wink

How can you ask a primary school pupil to produce their parents tax clearance before they are admitted in school? Have you ever heard of UBE (Universal Basic Education). Do you even know what United Nations standard is for education? Lagos state is a backward state with dullards as leaders. They dont even know about millennium development goals and its contents. You dont deprive kids from basic education for any reason whatsoever! How will you know anyway. You lot are only about stealing money and only know how to concession Lagos state into your pockets. Awon Ole!

7 Likes

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

all christians are f00Ls. (when it cmes to religion)

Takes one to know one, apparently.
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by JECBOSS: 10:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
Sir cj:

What does dis one sayin. How does writin /speakin eng qualifd one to been intelligent. Ask chinesse, german etc.

R.I.P English Language

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by bolayei: 10:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
Excuse my ignorance... but i think say na so e be since abi e change?
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Boll2010: 10:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
Only if fashola can deny this allegation of him tryn to take away 40billion naira away from lasg pocket to invest abroad for personal dealings.......I knw una go ask source.......but their some people who knows beyond the media propaganda......

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by pakororo77(m): 10:53pm On Nov 11, 2013
theoctopus:

How can you ask a primary school pupil to produce their parents tax clearance before they are admitted in school? Have you ever heard of UBE (Universal Basic Education). Do you even know what United Nations standard is for
education? Lagos state is a backward state with dullards as leaders. They dont even know about millennium development goals and its contents. You dont deprive kids from basic education for any reason whatsoever! How will you know anyway. You lot are only about stealing money and only know how to concession Lagos state into your pockets. Awon Ole!
how can a free just and egalitarian society emanate from this policy? this is simply retrogressive
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Polio: 10:55pm On Nov 11, 2013

Spot on.... The issue alone puts me off coming here

Some folks here can't even string a sentence together ..... or spell basic words? #Pathetic

How can it be replicated here? No bloody chance ... Most moderators here have a piss poor command of english language themselves so its top bottom issue!

Terrible all round

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Elxandre(m): 10:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
they will soon start post-placement exams too....
nonsense
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by InvertedHammer: 10:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
/
It does not make any sense at all.
Why not make "unintelligent" students take extra classes if you really want to punish them?

If you ban them from public schools and their parents cannot afford private schools, then what?
They drop out and "may" take to crime to succeed.

The problem with our leaders in the entity called Nigeria is that they lack vision.
Common corporations like Honda, Toyota, etc. have product designs for 2023 (10 years from now) but Nigeria
leaders only think within the confines of their tenure or rather a particular budget year.

Fashola will ban them, next governor will lift the ban, the next after that will ban and the macabre dance of indecision/confusion continues.

Why do I even bother about Nigeria?

/

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by 2good(m): 10:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
It is the right of every child to get an education to atleast secondary level. It is also the responsibility of the government to devise the best means to make sluggish students to cope in schools else these children will end up being nuisance to the society if they don't have the basic education required to fit into the society.
In many European countries, they have different types of secondary schools e.g in The Netherlands, the brightest primary pupils (usually about 10% of all primary children) go to special secondary school that train them to go to university. The next 15-20% best primary school children are sent to secondary school where they are trained to be technicians and they get HND degree at the end. While majority of primary school children usually about 70% go to special secondary school that train students in vocational skills like carpentry, mechanic, plumbing etc.
The consequence of the above system is that the average university student is super smart and you see very bright people appearing to be average among their peer because virtually everybody around is smart.
Now a student going to a technical secondary school for HND degree, can decide to go to the university later if he/she demonstrates high academic skill at a later stage in life through some kind of conversion process. Thesame process applies to student that go to secondary schools meant to train artisans.
The Dutch government take care of the educational cost of these 3 categories of student up to secondary level and even without going to the university, the artisans are so skilled in their profession that they can do their job with high level of professionalism, make lot of money and be useful to the society.
The government cannot focus on education meant for University studies alone because the society will suffer from unproductive youth on the long run.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by indoorlove(m): 11:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
When you see students cheating in the exam, don't really blame them much, the reason is because our educational environment values grades more than the students value learning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Janet Kyeme, Lokoja University Student Goes Missing After Leaving For Lectures / Unilag Freshers Seen Climbing Wall To Undergo Their Mandatory Drug Test. / Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.