Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools (25734 Views)

Five Things About Students Who Attend Public Schools. / Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools / Lagos To Introduce Chinese In Public Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by DonaldGenes(m): 8:08am On Nov 12, 2013
Left to me, i will plead for [size=38pt]Amnesty [/size]for any Nairaland found wanting in destroying grammar, if you agree with me,click like button
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by theoctopus: 8:19am On Nov 12, 2013
Koolwilly:
Jobless in what context? Even pepper sellers pay tax. There is a way traders are taxed.....

Look at all of you bloody APC sycophants! You cant even hide your shame! You come and support evil and wicked elitist policies just because it is your gods Tinubu and fashola doing it! If the title had read "GEJ bans pupils", you all would have been insulting and typing all kinds of invectives. But now, it is your gods Tinubu and Fashola, suddenly, it is the best policy in the world. hypocrites and sycophants supporting the oppression of the masses for a pot of ewa!

Is it not you gang members who shout that 80% of Nigerians live on less than 1 dollar a day? So when it comes to Lagos, the 80% has suddenly vanished? So there are no more jobless people in society, just because a thread was opened to call out Lagos state? Suddenly, everyone now has a job and should pay tax, because Lagos is involved? You people are the most corrupt and wicked people Nigeria has ever had. Wolves in sheeps clothing! crooks trying to portray themselves as saints. Very evil set of people, always coming out with evil anti people policies. All in a bid to stuff the pockets of that okpolo eyes, toronto forger with more dollars! Awon Ole!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 12, 2013
JECBOSS: In as much as I understand what the Lagos state govt. is trying to convey, I think Nairaland should replicate this. I'm of the opinion that poor command of English language as usually observed on Nairaland is symptomatic of our falling standards in education.

Not only that my friend, but also those who carry out poor and unconstructive criticism...They read an article and a post and the only that comes out of their tiny brains is "you are a fo...ol" "ode" "mumu" "good riddance to bad rubbish"....thats just plain stu.p..id.

For they all are sad products of the declining educational system....nothwithstanding you can FORCE yourself to use your brains.

If you cannot take your time to constructively analyse before criticising, dont bother to type anything.
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Tobby66: 8:31am On Nov 12, 2013
You people shldnt becos ure fortunate 2 b. Literate say they shld thrw pple out of sch...put yurslf in dia shoes ...the problem is 4rm the government not setting the standard 4rm primary level..and wen pple are nt able 2 meet up wit an averagE, if these pple show they really want to learn a means of developing them shld b prOvided by the government rather than just sending pple away..Every one isn't equal some are slow learners and sum are naturally intelligent
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by ba7man(m): 8:35am On Nov 12, 2013
theoctopus:

Look at all of you bloody APC sycophants! You cant even hide your shame! You come and support evil and wicked elitist policies just because it is your gods Tinubu and fashola doing it! If the title had read "GEJ bans pupils", you all would have been insulting and typing all kinds of invectives. But now, it is your gods Tinubu and Fashola, suddenly, it is the best policy in the world. hypocrites and sycophants supporting the oppression of the masses for a pot of ewa!

Is it not you gang members who shout that 80% of Nigerians live on less than 1 dollar a day? So when it comes to Lagos, the 80% has suddenly vanished? So there are no more jobless people in society, just because a thread was opened to call out Lagos state? Suddenly, everyone now has a job and should pay tax, because Lagos is involved? You people are the most corrupt and wicked people Nigeria has ever had. Wolves in sheeps clothing! crooks trying to portray themselves as saints. Very evil set of people, always coming out with evil anti people policies. All in a bid to stuff the pockets of that okpolo eyes, toronto forger with more dollars! Awon Ole!
Why are you so pained by this move?? Are you unintelligent too??

Pls, take your political rants elsewhere.
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by wogorparadise: 8:39am On Nov 12, 2013
macjive01: Thank God!
Thats all we have bern praying for. Level playing ground and let the best win .

Let the olodos, ugly daft Inbreeds to turn to their natural calling, agbero. Omo ni le. Area boys.

Time for the people who has been marginalised and denied opportunities to show their true potential.

There is going to be a MANESFESTATION.

we all hv our callin, prominent persons like albert einstain n others were a failure, but do u knw wut he became before his death? Man of the century for his work on the theory of relativity n others, yet there was a time in his life wen he was a no good
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by WhoDeyThere(m): 8:48am On Nov 12, 2013
seedord247: What about Egun?
no be only egun na ojuju calabar. Weed na bad boy.
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by devour129: 8:59am On Nov 12, 2013
this is saddening ! ban ban ban,lasgidi easy o ! very soon they will tell you guys the no of kids to have to help congestion issue in the state .anyone who supports this should be ready for more to come. its creeping in little by little
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Holuwahphemy(m): 8:59am On Nov 12, 2013
Go ahead with the ban, and see these so called dullards become society threats, and future menaces. Lagos state government should think about the looming danger before taking any drastic action. Smh
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Sike(m): 9:04am On Nov 12, 2013
Ban them? Go where?!
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by iyeyemi: 9:17am On Nov 12, 2013
macjive01: Thank God!
Thats all we have bern praying for. Level playing ground and let the best win .

Let the olodos, ugly daft Inbreeds to turn to their natural calling, agbero. Omo ni le. Area boys.

Time for the people who has been marginalised and denied opportunities to show their true potential.

There is going to be a MANESFESTATION.

'The people who 'HAS' been marginalized? Obviously you won't be getting into any model schools with this kind of grammar sha
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by mapet: 9:18am On Nov 12, 2013
My brother, there is a world of difference. Learning is a precursor to writing exams. They were supposed to have "learnt" before coming out to write these exams in question. If you care to really draw the necessary nexus, you will undeerstand that what the forum seeks to address is the lay more emphasis on learning..........You really need to read the article once more
O.michael.O:
So how will they learn when they are banned? some just needs little encouragement and so improper motivation. IMHO not fair
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by mapet: 9:18am On Nov 12, 2013
Some of you just come stupid on arrival.
emmy-richie:
grin This is hilarious. Na their money dem dey spend ni? Or are the parents complaining?

Aproko? Or madness? Or they re out of ideas?

Perhaps, they should trim down the number of subjects pupils and students offer.

It'd be awesome if apart from English language and Mathematics, other subjects in which any student isn't good in should be taken off his/her number of subjects in a calender year.

This idea is still subject to scrutiny though.
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by taharqa: 9:28am On Nov 12, 2013
Living Soul34: These people are saying this because that are not ready to build more schools to match the rising population of children that need to go to school...School is not meant for people who are already intelligent; People come to school in order to become intelligent and not the other way round... If you stop unintelligent people from coming to school where then are they going to get knowledge from?... In as much as it is good to have standard for everything including admission into schools, there should be room for every child that wants to go to school whether he/she has 60% or not... There are are average students and there are below and also above average student that is the reason why we have grades in school as in excellence, very good, good etc, everybody cannot be an excellent student ... Some children have every good backgrounds so they seem to do better in the early stage of education whereas others have not very good backgrounds (which is not any fault of theirs) hence they seem to struggle to meet up in the early stage of education and that does not mean they should be denied the opportunities to go to good schools... All the government needs to do is to build many schools to carry as many children as would like to go to school, after all nobody is asking any governor or commissioner of education to go and sell his or her father's land and build school for any body... To deny a child education for whatever reason is to deny that child a future... I REST MY CASE!
Good bless you, joor

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by mapet: 9:28am On Nov 12, 2013
Did you really read Ben Carson's history or you're simply regurgitating nonsense spreading on NL. Please do your research. What did Ben Carson do to get out to the "below average" zone? What was Ben Carson's score in SAT?
Cooldude Y2J: If Ben Carson had being denied assess to free education because he was a bellow average student would he have become a medical doctor today? Lagos state should have a rethink some of this kids need help and motivation, some genius were ones failures.
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by taharqa: 9:30am On Nov 12, 2013
theoctopus:

God bless you, too..
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by catleya: 9:31am On Nov 12, 2013
JECBOSS: In as much as I understand what the Lagos state govt. is trying to convey, I think Nairaland should replicate this. I'm of the opinion that poor command of English language as usually observed on Nairaland is symptomatic of our falling standards in education.
Gbam!!! Too true, thank you very much!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Abasimmodo(f): 9:32am On Nov 12, 2013
Lagos state should remember that most of the prominent men today were not intelligent.
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by taharqa: 9:37am On Nov 12, 2013
theoctopus:

Stop lying. Public schools in Lagos are not free. You people are too full of lies. You cannot even get admitted without showing your tax clearance. Even poor jobless widows had to pay a minimum of 5k to get so called tax clearance for their wards. LASG is a big fraud as ever! Thieves! Ole!
Hmmm?? So one needs to show Tax Clearance b4 been admitted in PUBLIC schools in Lagos? shocked #Idonblivit... Smone plz tell me this isn't true..
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by mapet: 9:45am On Nov 12, 2013
Well I attended primary school (a Lagos State Public Primary School), and I remember my G2 scores very well. I scored 88.9%. Let me further give you some frustrations. I scored 313 in common entrance, passed into schools like Federal Government College Ogbomoso, Lagos State Model College Meiran, Nigerian Military School, etc. I went to Federal Government College Ogbomosho and later transfered to Lagos State Model College Meiran due to health issues.

I for a pretty good story of what Lagos State government is trying to achieve, unlike your case.......who I believe has been consistently "promoted-on-trial" up to the point you can't actually cut it in virtually anything meaningful. I mean what's your frustration in improving educational standards? It is obvious the system had made a mistake in your case and we need to correct it with our children
theoctopus:

Shut up! Thieves and Tinubu bottom lickers! Awon Ole buruku! Because you were able to attend a primary school. you now want to deny other to suit your masters bidden
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by mapet: 9:47am On Nov 12, 2013
So we should continue to raise failures?
Abasi mmodo: Lagos state should remember that most of the prominent men today were not intelligent.
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by mapet: 9:51am On Nov 12, 2013
@ Shymexx,

why not take another look at the article. Is there any place in the article that says students will not be enrolled? There is a difference between enrolment and learning. The article's emphasis is on the need for students to meet the minimum pass-mark.
shymexx:

I understand your point. However, I believe naij is a member of UN and UNESCO and according to those two bodies, education to sec sch level is the right of every child. Denying them would amount to denying them their basic rights.

Children are the future of tomorrow and we need to give them tools to survive and no child deserve to be neglected regardless of their capabilities or background. If the state gov feels certain kids need special facilities to learn. It's'their responsibility to either recommend them to special schools and build new ones for them. That's not parental responsibility - that's'for the gov to do.

These kids are willing to get an education and they should be supported and looked after. It's'their right.

Ps: soz for how muffled up my post is. I'm typing from a phone.
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 12, 2013
Your suggestion is unfair and myopic. What happens to those that has great ideas and opinion but have a poor educational background, they shouldnt express themselve, abi? Just because you are educated dosent mean you know better than some of this so called uneducated ones. Everyone should have equal opportunity to speak their mind in whatever form they can express it. We can learn from them as well. Remember, their is freedom of speech.
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 12, 2013
Your suggestion is unfair. What happens to those that has great ideas and opinion but have a poor educational background, they shouldnt express themselve, abi? Just because you are educated dosent mean you know better than some of this so called uneducated ones. Everyone should have equal opportunity to speak their mind in whatever form they can express it. We can learn from them as well. Remember, their is freedom of speech.
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 12, 2013
JECBOSS:
Punk, diversionary antics and lies won't work with people who understand their environment. Therefore, save your energy for more
purposeful endeavours and not continuous defence of mediocrity.

I do not think he is defending mediocrity but rather rather advocating self-belief.
Re: Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 12, 2013
Noble.G:

That would be excellent. Sometimes I do wonder if 97% of Nairalanders are bunch of illiterates!
Some here claim to be graduates but can't write English. Example;
- Have becomes ve or hv.
- I'm becomes am or m.
- And becomes nd or n.
- You becomes u or yu.
- What becomes wat or wt.
And many more. If you use those in SMS service (which has a very low text limit), you could get away with it. But this forum can accommodate large amount of texts and files, so there's no genuine reason to not write English.

I was a bit pissed when my foreign friend joked about all the, extremely, horrible English he came across on Nairaland. He said it took him about thirty minutes to read through four comments and still didn't understand everything.

This problem is not only found on Nairaland. The majority of the Youth Corps members are more at home with the use of “broken English” as a means of communication!

The NYSC management recently researched into what corps members were writing in the form of applications for one thing or the other and noticed that about 89% of NYSC members could not write a good application! Very embarrassing!

Guys! Please, try to write English and don't be abashed if you've errors because practice makes perfect.

Even English people make grammatical mistakes....

When will u rid yourself of colonial slavery?

I'm more worried about graduates that can't build machines than I'm worried about their grammar.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unilag Freshers Seen Climbing Wall To Undergo Their Mandatory Drug Test. / Janet Kyeme, Lokoja University Student Goes Missing After Leaving For Lectures / Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.