Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,612 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? (18568 Views)

Poll: How would you rate Governor Fashola's performance so far?

Poor: 14% (28 votes)
Acceptable: 49% (95 votes)
Excellent: 36% (70 votes)
This poll has ended

What Has Gej Really Done For The South East / What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? / What Has Fashola Really Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nigeria17: 12:36am On Aug 02, 2008
My last word , this is were i live.  this is how lagos would  look like 4 years after I become governor. Every builder in north america would be in Nigeria. If you want to remain underdevelop, good lucky.  And this is not a joke. It is my last word on the issue.

Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by DrKitaun(m): 12:47am On Aug 02, 2008
Nigeria1;;:

My last word , this is were i live.  this is how lagos would  look like 4 years after I become governor. Every builder in north america would be in Nigeria. If you want to remain underdevelop, good lucky.  And this is not a joke. It is my last word on the issue.
]

am beginning to think Nigeria1 is either Baba Aluwe or Mr Ibu  grin  grin

@Nigeria

your ilk can never rule Lagos . . . NEVER !!!!  tongue  grin

A PERSON LIKE You THAT CAN NOT EVEN WRITE WELL TO SAVE HIS LIFE IS ASPIRING TO RULE LAGOS ? JESUS IS LORD !!!  shocked  grin

even the present Councillor in my ward writes better english than the gibberish that u put up here all in the name of wanting to be heard . . . .funny enough u keep talking of contesting in 2011, even if u undergo adult education classes between now and then You CANT EVEN WIN AN ELECTION ON UR STREET TALK LESS OF UR WARD !!! moreso in Lagos State . . .HABA !!!  angry
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nigeria17: 12:59am On Aug 02, 2008
You claim you are a doctor, Doctor of what,  And what is the meaning of  ilk,  Is that english. And I notice you are online all the time. Do you have a job?. If you are jobless. I would like to employ you.

Awolowo dream shall come alive in 2011.

http://.com
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by DrKitaun(m): 1:20am On Aug 02, 2008
LMAO !!! grin grin

ur understanding why I use the appelation Dr is my first assignment to u before u can dream of gaining admission to peoper adult education school. . . tongue

2nd assignment is; what determines seeing one online at different times ?

3rd assignment is; from the way I post do I sound like one ur type could ever employ ?

anyone that ever employed u for any job whatesoever must have been an illiiterate in the 1st instance so what are u yapping about ?

is a dico too expensive for u to get ? especially as u dont even know the meaning of ilk - - -http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ilk shocked shocked OLODO

na wao . . . grin
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nigeria17: 1:33am On Aug 02, 2008
Dr Kitaun, what is ilk, that is not english. Dr Kitaun. Why do you start a statement with a small letter?. Do "educated people" do that?  you can't even speak english.

Look at your statement   """amma call u later in the morning hopefully, had too long a day and was off my phone for most of the day . . . .""""'  So this is english,  Which university give you degree self for nigeria,  I go die O. And you are special adviser to the governor.

I go die O, look at another  ""'' we all have seen how BRF has been working round the clock to make sure the health sector is up and working ?"""  Mr PHD holder,  It is up and running. English Agege bread.

I go die, look at another ""' arent we all happy that the operations of the omo oniles have been drastically reduced ?""" Mr PHD holder if you want to speak Ijebu, speak Ijebu.

I  go die  look at another one  ""' TODAY IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST AND MOST WIDELY RESPECTED SPORTS PERSONALITIES"""'  Mr PHD holder, correction sir. "Today he is one of the higest and most widely"

Look at this statement  "2nd assignment is; what determines seeing one online at different times ?"  My brother , why do you transpose Yoruba to english.
If you want to speak Yoruba we allow you. I understand.

Dr Kitaun , my son speak better english. Do you want to call him. If you claim you are a doctor. Doctor what, Is it a Phd, if it is a PHD . I want to know. ,  I am sorry but I am busy. If you want to chat, come into the chat room at http://.com I am waiting for you. bye.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 02, 2008
Nigeria1, i am going to repeat what i told you earlier in this thread, (even before Dr Kitaun came in)

YOU NEED TO CONSIDER GOING BACK TO SCHOOL AND STUDYING THE ART OF MAKING PEOPLE LAUGH

even while at school, you wont pass for a class captain.

the earlier these guys realize they need to ignore you, the better for them.

so dumb he couldn't even check a word up before raising an alarm.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by DrKitaun(m): 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2008
@webdezzi

dont u just see that the stupidity that runs right through his posts is amazing grin grin

this guy must be Basorge Tariah I swear . . . grin

@Nigeria1

at this stage, I will advise u visit T.B Joshua, he might just deliver u of the so many demons that u have been so possessed with . . . embarassed
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nigeria17: 1:33pm On Aug 02, 2008
webdezzi , you are a fraud. Same person going about using different name. I can see why you want fraud to continue in Nigeria.

That funny, can you tell me which school did you go to? Like I said humbly I am better educated than your Governor. I do not want to sound been proud.  Look I do not want to bring anyone down, please verify his record and mine. And apart from that do you know what it takes to have even just an ordinary first degree in electrical engineering. Only smart people with more than an average IQ have degrees in electrical engineering. Please verify this fact before you reply. If you have average IQ, you can not finish a degree in Electrical engineering. Please verify this information. Average IQ is not accepted.

Even getting into the university. I had A's in maths, additional maths, statistics, physics and chemistry, do you want me to continue before i was given admission to do my first degree in electrical engineering at the university of Ilorin. From my primary days to secondary days. I started representing my school in debate and science competition from primary school.  How many dumb people do that. I got in on merit and  finished university on merit and went to school again abroad.

So  do you still think i am dumb. Now which degree did you major in, do not run away like your doctor  that claim he had PHD. I would not reply you again. They say foolish people rule over dumb people. I could see now it is true.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by DrKitaun(m): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2008
Nigeria1;;:

webdezzi , you are a fraud. Same person going about using different name. I can see why you want fraud to continue in Nigeria.

That funny, can you tell me which school did you go to? Like I said humbly I am better educated than Governor. I do not want to sound been proud. Look I do not want to bring anyone down, please verify his record and mine. And apart from that do you know what it takes to have even just a ordinary first degree in electrical engineer. Only smart people with more than an average IQ have degrees in electrical engineer. Please verify this fact before you reply. If you have average IQ, you can not finish a degree in Electrical engineering. Please verify this information. Average IQ is not accepted.

Even getting into the university. I had A's in maths, additional maths, statistics, physics and chemistry, do you want me to continue before i was given admission to do my first degree in electrical engineering at the university of Ilorin. From my primary days to secondary days. I started representing my school in debate and science competition from primary school. How many dumb people do that. I got in on merit and finished university on merit and went to school again abroad.

So do you still think i am dumb. Now which degree did you major in, do not run away like your doctor that claim he had PHD. I would not reply you again. They say foolish people rule over dumb people. I could see now it is true.

Selective amnesia is very bad disease . . . grin grin
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nigeria17: 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2008

That funny, can you tell me which school did you go to? Like I said humbly I am better educated than your Governor. I do not want to sound been proud.  Look I do not want to bring anyone down, please verify his record and mine. And apart from that do you know what it takes to have even just an ordinary first degree in electrical engineering. Only smart people with more than an average IQ have degrees in electrical engineering. Please verify this fact before you reply. If you have average IQ, you can not finish a degree in Electrical engineering. Please verify this information. Average IQ is not accepted.

Even getting into the university. I had A's in maths, additional maths, statistics, physics and chemistry, do you want me to continue before i was given admission to do my first degree in electrical engineering at the university of Ilorin. From my primary days to secondary days. I started representing my school in debate and science competition from primary school.  How many dumb people do that. I got in on merit and  finished university on merit and went to school again abroad.

So  do you still think i am dumb. Now which degree did you major in, do not run away like your doctor  that claim he had PHD. I would not reply you again. They say foolish people rule over dumb people. I could see now it is true.

Why did you edit what i wrote. So you can edit people post. i see and have a nice day.

Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by DrKitaun(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2008
see this fraudster that went ahead to edit his posts after I corrected him  shocked  shocked

na wa o . . . even at that u still failed the Nairaland post-editing course tongue  grin  grin
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nigeria17: 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2008
Are you a 419. If you are not, tell the world where you had your PHD. Is it in London or chicago? I want to know. Or you are a doctor of fuji music? I dey go my brother. I have several meeting today. Like I said, If you are jobless since you are online on the internet all the time. I want to employ you. I am serious.  And you see how bad the system is.  Are you now a political thug?. look there is hope for you. Dr, the word of God says the thief come to kill and destroy but I have come to give you life. And life , I mean real life, is what I want to give the people of Lagos.

Not 1-0-1 or 0-1-1 or 0-1-0 food time table. You see I understand, why you feel your system is trying. I have been to several countries. And I live in canada. You see in canada, It is IMPPOSSIBLE for someone to be homeless, except if they are on drugs or crackhead. The govt have program to make sure everybody has a place to live and food to eat  and health, even if you have no job.  So when you have no job. The govt help you out to get back on your feet. . And this is one of the project I would put inplace when I become the governor of Lagos state.

This are the duties of government to serve the people and not the people serving them. And not to steal from lagos budget. Like I said before I have several meeting this morning. Iya je omo ti oni mama.

Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by DrKitaun(m): 3:42pm On Aug 02, 2008
go already and stop polluting this thread with ur idiocy . . .HOW MANY TIMES HAVE U SAID U WERE LEAVING ALREADY . . .haba shocked grin

go ! go !! go !!! tongue

u need more than Jesus in ur life though tongue grin
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2008
lol!
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2008
@Nigeria
where's that?
Almost every American skyscraper looks alike.
That could be NY or even Miami
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by dayokanu(m): 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2008
@Nigeria1,

Pls in which of those skyscrappers do you live ? Where is your Home state? Compre Fashola with your governor.

If Lagos you have to tell me your family house. Cos I suspect you are not a Lagosian.

@ Mc Kit,

You see what some people have not even managed their lives not to talk of a family and they think thy can manage Lagos State.

You know its easy to cut a tree with your bare hand and cook vegetable with the mouth.

BRF has overtried self. I
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nigeria17: 4:48pm On Aug 02, 2008
I have some minutes before I run to this meeting. I want to reply to dayo.

Do you know who is madam Tinubu? madam tinubu is from abeokuta (Ogun state). Governor Tinubu, the former governor of Lagos state.  I assume is from that root, he is from the tinubu family of abeokuta (Ogun state).

I am a person who will never DISCRIMINATE against Lagosian, I do not encourage it and will never support it. Every child born in Lagos either his or her family track their root to Abeokuta like Governor Ahmed Tinubu is a Lagosian. Except are you saying THE GOVERNOR, Ahmed Tinubu is not a Lagosian. I will NEVER DISCRIMINATE against anyone because I know that 90% of the people in lagos trace their root to other state of the federation. Some are from Oyo state, osun, edo, ondo, kwara, kano, kaduna,ogun state, Imo , anambra. I will bring everybody together.

I went to school with many Igbos, who have never been to Igboland before, some of them do not even speak igbo, but Yoruba, even some of them represented Lagos in some sport event. Why Do you expect me to DICRIMINATE against them.  I will not try to please some few Lagosian over the majority of 90% of Lagosian, who trace their root to other state. In my eyes and in the eye of GOD everybody born in lagos is a Lagosian and they must have equal right. No area boys or omo onile mentality in Lagos again when I become governor.

Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by dayokanu(m): 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2008
You become governor? That is impossible in Lagos State. Lai Lai

If you cant appreciate the good works being done by BRF I doubt if you would appreciate God.

We can not be fooled by those fancy pictures you placed in the posts above, We are not kindergarten pupils who would be excited without thinnking of how to do it.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nigeria17: 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2008
Dayo list what he is doing. So that we can all see. And I would list and show you where lagos would be in 4 years. Look we Awoist would rule lagos in 4 years.

Like I told you, we have already formed a shadow govt for the yorubaland. We are independant of the federal govt. The federal people in abuja can do their thing in abuja, but we want to touch the lifes of the people. We are not saying, we are not part  of Nigeria, no, but we want to have a central shadow govt in yorubaland that manage Yorubaland. We do not want to keep on waiting for abuja to do everything. Since for many years, help from abuja never came. President Yar Adua is still president, but this shadow govt would oversee Yorubaland. Help the state govt and governor, even including Fashola to better plan the state. And unity the Yorubas. Governor fashola is part of our plan.  He would be in the central shadow govt like other governors , including kwara state.  Really Governor fashola and the other governor of south west and kwara state would be part of the Shadow Yoruba govt structure. Plan covers othes yoruba speaking area of Edo , Kogi and delta.  And with a central  assembly for the Yorubas. Only issue that would help the Yorubas would be discussed. And not federal issue.  And all Ex Yoruba governor, ministers and others would be part of the govt.

6 cities are been considered to be the capital they are Ife, Ibadan, lagos, abeokuta, ilorin and Akure. One would be pick by the group.
The Shadow govt shall help in building express roads, major regional road from Lagos to Jebba in kwara state. Ilorin to Lokoja road, Ore to Ado Ekiti to kabba, Lagos to abeokuta - lanlate Iseyin saki to Igbetti.

Joint Culture event and others. Yoruba is a nation inside Nigeria, and must have its own govt structure. In the next few days we would show you how the govt structure works. Flag and other information.  Like I said President Yar Adua is still president of Nigeria. We are just trying to help abuja and our people. We are still in the planning stage. A people must be proud of their culture and where they belong.

CAN YOU MODERATORS STOP EDITING MY STATEMENT.

Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nigeria17: 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2008
Sorry here isthe  flag
[img]http://www.crwflags.com/FOTW/images/n/ng}eoyor.gif[/img]   

Yoruba national Anthem

E je ka fi'imo sokan
'Tori ile baba wa
Lati tun se
Lati gbe ga
Fun 'losiwau rere

Ija irepo lo ye wa
Ka ja fun 'le baba wa
Nitori wa
'Tori omo wa
Nitori ojo ola

Omo Oduduwa ni wa
Nibikibi ta ba wa
Ka si ma ranti
Pe a o pada sile.

English Translation

In unity let's stand
On behalf of our fatherland
To rebuild it
To reform it
For the betterment of all

Let all of us unite
To defend our motherland
For our progress
And for our children's
And for all posterity

Oduduwa is our spring
Wherever we may be
Let's be kinfolks
And remember
That home is home for us
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Fhemmmy: 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2008
Dunno, but i heard he is doing well.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nigeria17: 8:36pm On Aug 02, 2008
This Yoruba govt structure is the only way to save the Yoruba nation now. In the Month of May 2008, federal allocation to all yoruba state including Kwara with a population of 40 million got N14,560 billion  while river state which population if you like at the satellite picture is less than Ondo or ogun state got more money N15,097Billion .  how do we develop in an environment were we are cheated. I forgot. The 19 northern state got less than the 6 south south state. Igbo state of the

south east got 10,431 compare that to balyesa state with very very few people of N8,055Billion which is 1/10 of the population. we need to ask ourself the right question , are we going the right way.

If we continue at this rate every northerner would become uneducated. We need to allow state to collect vat , education, PTF and 0ther tax

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/downloads/FAAC/sa_May_2008.pdf

satellite picture http://.com
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nigeria17: 2:51am On Aug 03, 2008
Yoruba national Anthem

E je ka fi'imo sokan
'Tori ile baba wa
Lati tun se
Lati gbe ga
Fun 'losiwau rere

Ija irepo lo ye wa
Ka ja fun 'le baba wa
Nitori wa
'Tori omo wa
Nitori ojo ola

Omo Oduduwa ni wa
Nibikibi ta ba wa
Ka si ma ranti
Pe a o pada sile.

English Translation

In unity let's stand
On behalf of our fatherland
To rebuild it
To reform it
For the betterment of all

Let all of us unite
To defend our motherland
For our progress
And for our children's
And for all posterity

Oduduwa is our spring
Wherever we may be
Let's be kinfolks
And remember
That home is home for us
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by folem: 12:34am On Aug 04, 2008

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20080803650595

Lagos roads turn gullies, no thanks to rains

ISOLO Road, Surulere Industrial Road, Ogba, Ojuelegba, Ijesa, Igando, Adeniran Ogunsanya, Ogba Retail Market and Ikotun, share a few physical features. Apart from being popular areas in the Lagos metropolis, some portions of their roads are a perfect evidence of degeneration.

Mrs. Bolanle Sadiq, an Ikorodu-based rice trader, had once been a victim of the deplorable state of Isolo Road. Sadiq won a contract to supply 12 bags of rice to a catering service provider engaged for a social event at Ikorodu.

To meet the deadline and beat other interested suppliers already waiting in the wings, she quickly called her customer at the popular Daleko Market to arrange for the supply. Her request was obliged. But as the truck, which was carrying the goods moved out of the market, it ran into one of the potholes dotting the Isolo Road.

All the efforts to get the vehicle out of the pothole yielded only frustration until the vehicle was eventually towed. ”In short, I lost the contract to a colleague who had enough in her shop at Ikorodu because much time was wasted on the vehicle. I doubt if there is any one here who has not experienced such a disappointment,” Sadiq laments.

But Lagos State seems to be listening to the complaints over Isolo Road. Some workers from the Ministry of Works have commenced rehabilitation works on the road. On Tuesday, our correspondent met them filling the potholes with gravel. One of the workers said the work started on Monday. ”And we hope that we have a good weather. If we don‘t have much rain as we had in the past one week, we are going to complete it before the end of this week,” he assures.

Even if the potholes are refilled, it will only achieve a temporary relief to the traffic gridlock that has become a permanent sight on the road. Mr. David Akinola, a retired civil servant and a landlord of over 20 years in the area, made this observation while speaking with our correspondent.

He says, ”The gravel they are using to fill the potholes will soon be washed away by heavy rain. Apart from that, there is a need to expand the road or construct an alternative. The volume of vehicles passing here is increasing daily. That is why we will continue to witness the traffic congestion. But we still thank the government for doing this work.”

The government, to the people of Ojuelegba, especially commercial drivers, does not deserve the gratitude showered on it by Akinola. Their grouse is informed by the perceived neglect of the roads under the flyover at Ojuelegba Roundabout. The state of the road has led to chaotic traffic situations and consequently a waste of productive hours in transit. In view of this, commercial drivers resort to a frequent adjustment of transport fares. Ojuelegba to Ikeja, which used to cost N100, is now N120, apparently to make up for time lost and the damage being done to vehicles.

[b]To a large extent, both Isolo Road and Ojuelegba can be considered a child‘s play when compared to the Surulere Industrial Road (Picture below), which links Adeniyi Jones with Acme Road in Ogba. A part of this road has become a gully, which continues to open up the other parts at an alarming rate, signalling a total break up of the road.

A factory worker, Mr. John Akhigbe, says the gully developed when a part of the road was dug while the drainage was being constructed; the project has not been completed till date. ”The work started two years ago. But the contactor has abandoned it. Nobody can say what has happened. What we can say is that the road has become a big problem to those who pass here,” says Akhigbe.

He recalls an incident where a commercial motorcycle operator fell into the gully. ”To rescue that okada man was a difficult job for us. He was only lucky that some of us were here on that day, otherwise he would have died inside the gully. We rescued him but he was seriously injured,” the factory worker says.

Morning, afternoon or evening, the traffic congestion on this road usually stretches to Adeniyi Jones and Acme. The gully has eaten up the road and made it a narrow path that cannot take more than one row of vehicles. Akhigbe adds, ”Those vehicles coming from Adeniyi Jones side will have to wait for those from Acme Road to pass. That is how bad it is.”[/b]

From Egbeda to Idimu, Ogba to Ipaja, Ajegunle to Apapa, the poor state of the roads in the state has been causing untold hardship to motorists and commuters. Although through the Public Private Partnership Programme of the state, the rehabilitation of roads has been carried out in areas like Victoria Island, Ikoyi and Ikeja, it has done little to assuage the problem.

The Director of Press and Public Relations, Lagos State Ministry of Works and Infrastructure, Mr. Fola Adeyemi, however, says the government is tackling the problem. “This government, as it has been widely acclaimed, is for the entire citizenry of Lagos State, irrespective of class or status. The roads are used by everybody. That is why we are giving attention to them because of their sensitive role to commercial activities, which the state is noted for,” Adeyemi says.

He, however, explains that the slow response to the bad roads is due to the current weather. Adeyemi stresses, “The rain factor is what is holding us back on the repair of those roads. We have identified those areas. We are only waiting for the rain to subside before we carry out comprehensive rehabilitation work on them.

“But those we realised are more critical to the economic activities due to the high volume of traffic that ply them, we have already started work on them. But this work is only a palliative measure to serve a temporary purpose until after the rain when we will do a more concrete work on them.”

His assurance may not bring the desired relief to the people because some of the bad roads are federal roads. Adeyemi, however, allays the fear of the public. He says, ”Those considered to be federal roads will also be repaired as we have done in the past.

“We have made a case to the Minister (of Transportation) on these roads. We have made her realise the implication of the poor state of their roads on the citizen. We will do them and get our money from them later. Although they have still not completed the payment of the last one we did, so far these roads are here, we will do something for the sake of the masses.”

Lagos State Reply

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200808040281456

Lagos promises good roads despite rains

Amidst mounting complaints about the state of roads in the metropolis, the Lagos State Government has said that it will continue to implement its all-year-round road maintenance programme irrespective of the vagaries of weather.

It also noted that the flat terrain and the high water table of the city posed enormous challenge to its efforts to combat flooding and ensure smooth road network.

The Special Adviser to the Governor on Works and Infrastructure, Mr. Ganiyu Johnson, said while monitoring ongoing road rehabilitation works as part of the ministry’s programme during the rainy season that the state government would not relent its effort to make the roads motorable.

A statement signed by Assistant Director, Press and Public Relations in the ministry, Mr. Fola Adeyemi, which was made available to our correspondent on Friday, quoted Johnson as saying that irrespective of the rains; the state government would continue to maintain the roads in order to prevent failure.

He said, “Due to the age of these roads, high water level/marshy nature of Lagos soil, they cannot but be maintained in order to ensure free vehicular movement in the state.”

The statement added that all over the world, road construction works were usually reduced during the rainy season, but that this notwithstanding, the ministry had continued to make use of special mix of materials consisting of crushed stones and cement among others to fill and rehabilitate potholes as remedial measures on some roads in order to stabilise them and further make them motorable.

In addition, it said that some roads had been maintained with the use of quick patch bituminous materials depending on the extent of potholes, nothing that the materials were substitutes for asphalt premix during rainy season, especially when there was scarcity of bitumen for the production of asphalt.

Adeyemi listed some of the roads that had been maintained during the rains to include Alagbole/Odozi road, Ojodu; Emmamuel Street, Maryland; Akanro/Ishaja; Ogunmokun junction, Baba Olosa, Mushin; Baale by Boundary, Ajegunle; and Jibowu by railway line.

Others include Olowora Road, Isheri; Alhaji Kosoko Road, Ojodu; Isolo Road (on going); Asabi Cole, CBD, Ikeja; Ijaiye/Ogba Road; Toyin Street, Ikeja; and Akilo Road, Ogba.

The statement added, “All these networks of roads are continuously and regularly maintained, more importantly due to the high volume of rain and its intensity this year, which has been described by meteorologists as one of the heaviest in recent times.

Johnson, however, assured Lagos residents that immediately after the rains or by the August break, the state government would aggressively continue all the ongoing road projects and ensure that all roads in a state of disrepair were rehabilitated.

Another statement by the Public Relations Officer, Lagos Public Works Corporation, Mrs. Titi Ajirotutu, said all major road projects that were suspended due to heavy rains would be completed after the rainy season.

It said, “Some of these roads include the Funsho Williams Avenue service lane (by Ojuelegba), Isheri-Ijaiye Road, Aka-Kemberi Road, Ajangbadi.”

Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by dlox01(m): 9:51am On Aug 04, 2008
dlox01 is back in da building!!!!
Nigeria1,nice of you to holla, u really don't speak d way u write,iwill xpanciate on that later.we need to talk right??don't worry we will
NOW BACK TO BIZ,
y do u post these pictures to defend your status??its really amazing how people r counter acting your motives,its like they can all see through u and the more aggressive u get the more people will poor harsh facts on you till u drown in it.i recommend, if u don't have something positive to deliver to the thread then its better not to talk at all because u are at your own detriment the way u are going on and on and on.
The picture u posted bout where u live, where exactly do u live?did u help build what u saw there?u are not American n u can never by American.i really don't like people that shy away from challenges and u did thats y i can't support u.You just ran away, PERIOD!!! And when this place becomes better ul be back posting more "this is where i Live  pictures" to some other people to justify your claims,this isnt what this is about,u havent still stated what u have accomplished as a person to me.You say u are more educated than the gov'nor?HOW?because u studied elect elect??what is being EDUCATED?and what'z better EDUCATED?i don't c n d gov'nor on the same line or do u?how many certificates do u have anyways?really,on a real note i can't bet u can't go head to head against me.As for the governor of your state(where u live)?how educated is he?how educated is your president(where u live?)?, but THEY RULE EDUCATED PEOPLE LIKE You DONT THEY? AND MAKE You PROUD OF SHOWING PICS TO DEGRADE WHERE UR FROM DONT DEY?i really try as much as possible not to wipe out people like u in verbal conflict but i are pushing your luck son!!! angry
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by DrKitaun(m): 7:41pm On Aug 04, 2008
dlox1

u get time for that comedian sha . . . shocked grin

Nigeria01

u sure u are not a stand-up comedian of sorts ?
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by dremoney(m): 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2008
What i will advise Fashola is to get some holiday and dedicate it to tutorials. Over-ambition dey worry am!!

He really needs to get some lesson from Asiwaju!!!!

His priority is completely misplaced, How can you be planting flowers in an environment where only u n your surrogates appreciate it? where people around are hungry? where there isnt an aggressive development? where structures are dead? where people need employment?

What lagos needs is massive development. Follow the legacies of Asiwaju, Respect your followers and never let them feel the absence of Asiwaju, Treat people well around you,

Think about alternative power supply for the state not flowers, let local govts take care of their bad roads, simple stuffs like that will change d standard of living of lagosians not flowers bros.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by dlox01(m): 5:03pm On Aug 05, 2008
i really enjoy the veiws im getting in this thread,some make sense n some dont!!itz really a big shame still that those that scream no development and claim they have the capacity to do better are not in this country but elsewhere living on odd jobs n are no better that the agberos we are trying to brush up here although they have saved us the trouble of brushes by brushing themselves up, but an agbero is always an agbero even in agbada or burberry's or millitary uniform.Anyways,ive learnt alot from those with positive veiws and through thier words i sence hope,i sence belonging and drive that together things would work out eventually.Dr kitaun,webdezz,tox,just to mention a few have been able to pull logical arguments and defend it to the fullest.we should all hook up someday! cool
am not gonna say much about kobo,nigeria1 and some others who lack depth in thier points but i will tell you all to help out in the little way you can because theres a role you guys can play in making lag a better and more comfortable place for every1.have a lovely day y'all
AC 4 LIFE/Eko o ni ba je!!!!! grin
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by dlox01(m): 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2008
shocked @ dremoney,

As u have advised the Governor,i'll advise U, please read the thread carefully and dont post old stuff on this thread again okay!!!!{spankin dremoney}
coz its obvious u dont have an ambition,its so bad, u are the first person on the thread to blow ur cover and use oil rig 2 exploirate ur lack of ambition in just 1 line.
massive developmenti really wonder where u are from o!!hope u are not one of them them grin LMAO
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by DrKitaun(m): 7:54pm On Aug 05, 2008
jeez . . .dlox01, you are one meanie !!!

see how u cyber-wrecked them shocked

@all

the poll says it all . . .FASH HAS DONE CREDIBLY WELL AND BEST BELIEVE, THE SKY IS HIS STARTING POINT !!!

EKO O NI BAJE LAILAI . . . cheesy

CASE DISMISSED !!! cool
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by toxnaija: 9:51pm On Aug 05, 2008
Sincerely,I dont want to say anything again on Fashola until next month when I arrive Europe on an academic break.You would be pleasantly surprised to learn about the sponsor and what I went through to get the sponsorship.I am being sponsored by a humble man who believes so much in turning around lives through education.The same man some of you are castigating.Some months back,he said Without education there wont be skills.without skills,there wont be jobs.without jobs,there wont be income.without income,there wont be poverty eradication.More gists on this would come in the newspapers and this thread.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by dlox01(m): 10:50am On Aug 06, 2008
toxnaija:

Sincerely,I don't want to say anything again on Fashola until next month when I arrive Europe on an academic break.You would be pleasantly surprised to learn about the sponsor and what I went through to get the sponsorship.I am being sponsored by a humble man who believes so much in turning around lives through education.The same man some of you are castigating.Some months back,he said Without education there wont be skills.without skills,there wont be jobs.without jobs,there wont be income.without income,there wont be poverty eradication.More gists on this would come in the newspapers and this thread.

awwww that's very nice.i like people like u jare.when u enter jand,send me TM LEWIN shirts o,i'll call u n give u ma shrirt size (just kiddin).use ur money wisely n come back n give ur people jobs,someone has givin u this opportunity,it would only be fair 4 u 2 open the doors for others.I would really love to hear about your experience sha,@ least i can guarantee u wont be like some men that used church funds 2 escape n they arnt even giving back to the church sef.Sorry TOX are u a guy or a babe sefjust curious,not trying 2 hurt ur ego but i tthink uz a babe, am i right grin

oh yeah, wheen u show back 4 this back ground please help me employ my run away friends from dat end(they know themselves),i know when dem dey chop from ur company they wont pry to know how u went about ur education that brought u tha dividend but they will still critisize Fashola.
EKO 4 LIFE(funny enuff im not lagosian o!!!)
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? / Kogi 2019: Faleke Backs Out Of Kogi Governorship Race / EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.