Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday (32218 Views)

Dr Zakir Naik At National Stadium Surulere Sat & Sun June 15th & 16th / How An American Lady Converted To Islam / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by Isahalbash(m): 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
When we r lookin up to Jesus,some r lookin up to men.

X Jesus nt a human being?

1 Like

Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by Naam22(f): 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2013
This makes no sense
rmaubsiau: ALLAHU AKBAR . The more they try to malign islam the more it prevails. why? because the creator says:
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 54:
وَمَكَرُوا وَمَكَرَ اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ خَيْرُ الْمَاكِرِينَ

And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by MissBiba(f): 8:52pm On Nov 16, 2013
Sagytarius: Knee dey pain me for knee-down wen I dey knee-down for church, I wan com aggravate am with knacking head on the floor. No way.

Come, mod I nor post anybthing offensive o.
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by IamDebola: 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2013
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by MissBiba(f): 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2013
Masha Allah
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by Onyocha: 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
one way Nigeria can become great and progress as a great country and nation is if the igbos would drop their fanaticism and embrace Islam.all the divisions and hatred to secede and confusion in politics will cease.the country would be more united and move forward.look at a country like Iran.Iran is multi-ethnic yet united because 90% to 95% of the country is Shia Muslim.you can take a look at the fanaticism in this thread because 18 people chose to change their religion.igbo land should accept Islam and stand to gain both in this world and the Hereafter.

1 Like

Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by chidijp1(m): 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
I don't hate Islam but I hate some muslims because they have not live to what they want me to believe in islam.
Mbaitolu people! Nawa o. Make una no give us tough time when the time come o or we will ................................................ Time will tell.
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by Idrismusty97(m): 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2013
Intresting igbo-muslims names;

1.Emeka mustapha
2.Rasheed ikechukwu
3.Abubakar chidera
4.Ibrahim idubusi
5.zainab Godwin
6.zulai hat Ngozi

I hope to see more of this if it will make Nigeria better. smiley
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by Orikinla(m): 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2013
When Igbos convert to Islam, they are only doing so for money or to curry the favour the rich Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by Idrismusty97(m): 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2013
This is good business o.I will soon convert to get 8 million and convert back to xtian.
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by abu12: 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ahlla Akabar

الله أكب
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by irokop(m): 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
No wahala in as much as they dont turn to suicide bombers
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by gbrown(m): 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
Pls security should be beefed up in imo state,this is an open invitation to bokoharam, this is purely commercial conversion, with 7million lots of folks will embrace church of Satan,
to be candid, true belief should hinge on personal conviction, anything contrary is phantom
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by toocoded: 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
Nonybb: Why are these news? People are converting almost everyday in my church and
TELL 'EM BRO
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by Adetula1(m): 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
in Gods name,is this news? herbalist on daily basis gets there converts talk more of Christianity that get new convert on per second bases.mtcheeeeew
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
deols: Pathetic liars all around. And some people are dumb enough to believe the lies.

Someone heard that they were paid?

And some are actually dumb enough to believe it. Smh.

What is making u To b Shirahing kwa ...

Abi is it not a dumb person sef dat moved to frontpage...

Please Gbenu soun
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by Youngsage: 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
Converted from what if I may ask?
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 16, 2013
Alhamdulillahi Rabili Alamin!
May Allah continue to guide them to the right path amen.
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by Adetula1(m): 9:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
Onyocha: one way Nigeria can become great and progress as a great country and nation is if the igbos would drop their fanaticism and embrace Islam.all the divisions and hatred to secede and confusion in politics will cease.the country would be more united and move forward.look at a country like Iran.Iran is multi-ethnic yet united because 90% to 95% of the country is Shia Muslim.you can take a look at the fanaticism in this thread because 18 people chose to change their religion.igbo land should accept Islam and stand to gain both in this world and the Hereafter.
and countries lik Iraq,Afghanistan,Palestine,Egypt, Sudan,somalia ....... to mention bt a few that enjoys somuch peace because 95% are Muslims
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by patwilly(m): 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2013
maclatunji: According to the source.

ALHAJI MUHAMMAD KABIR ORJIEGBULAM,
AND SOME OF THE NEW IGBO CONVERTS
IN NATIONAL MOSQUE ABUJA TODAY.
1. CHIEF ISRAEL NWACHUKWU
{UDOBUNDU 1 OF IFAKALA MBAITOLI LGA
IMO STATE} NOW CHIEF SULEIMAN
NWACHUKWU.

2. UCHENNA UKAH {AFARA MBAITOLI LGA,
IMO STATE} NOW IBRAHIM UKAH.

3. TOBECHI UKAH {AFARA MBAITOLI LGA,
IMO STATE} NOW ABDULLAHI UKAH.

4. STANLEY UZOIGWE AFARA MBAITOLI
LGA, IMO STATE} NOW MUHAMMAD SANI
UZOIGWE.

5. BONGO EDET {CROSS RIVERS} NOW
ABDULMALIK EDET

6. BABALOLA SHEGUN {ONDO STATE} NOW
HASSAN SHEGUN

7. KEVIN NMADU {IFAKALA MBAITOLI LGA
IMO STATE} NOW BELLO NMADU

8. KOSORO OFOLETE {AFARA MBAITOLI
LGA IMO STATE} NOW HABIBULLAH
OFOLETE

9. PETER NDUBUISI {AWKA ANAMBRA
STATE} NOW NASIR NDUBUISI

10. PRINCE DULLA {AKWA IBOM STATE}
NOW BASHIR DULLA

11. OSITA AGOCHA {AFARA MBAITOLI LGA
IMO STATE} NOW JAMIL AGOCHA

12. CHICHEBEM NWABIRIKA {AFARA
MBAITOLI LGA IMO STATE} NOW HARUNA
NWABIRIKA

13. PASCAL IROEGBULAM {AFARA
MBAITOLI LGA IMO STATE} NOW
ABDULAZEEZ IROEGBULAM

14.IFEANYI UZOMA {AFARA MBAITOLI LGA
IMO STATE} NOW SULEIMAN UZOMA

15. NDUKA NWEKO {AFARA MBAITOLI LGA
IMO STATE} NOW ADAM NWEKO

16. NNAEMEKA UZOMA {AFARA MBAITOLI
LGA IMO STATE} NOW DAWUDA UZOMA

17. PRINCE ONYEKWUMA {AFARA
MBAITOLI LGA IMO STATE} NOW ALIYU
ONYEKWUMA

18. ANAYO ADUGBAA {AFARA MBAITOLI
LGA IMO STATE} NOW MUSA ADUGBAA

19. CHIEF ENG KENNETH AMAH {AFARA
MBAITOLI LGA IMO STATE} NOW CHIEF
ENG HASSAN AMAH.

20. JOHN KUMMAH {KADUNA STATE} NOW
MUHAMMAD

MAY ALLAH MAKE THEM GOOD MUSLIMS
AND ALSO USEFUL TO ISLAMIC RELIGION
AMEEN.
hahahahahahahaahahhahahahahjahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahha

sorry i typed that after two bottles of guiness stout/ but the names are funny sha..nor ban me abeg..God bless you!
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by Libkid(m): 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
Bera to be an atheist dan do dix.moni dey involved sha
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by Belbicken: 9:15pm On Nov 16, 2013
Nadia_SA1: Chinedu Ikechukwu now Rasheed ikechukwu

. Hmmmmm, Otua ko bu .
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2013
If you know Jesus Is The only way and u can never sell ur faith For money..
Click like

19 Likes

Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by gbrown(m): 9:19pm On Nov 16, 2013
[quote author=IamDebola]

I have quoted you bro.

From LIGHT to DARKNESS? I’m still laughing in Mandarin + Spanish!

*********************************************************************************************************

Alhamdulillah Robeel Alameen to hear this beautiful news. I'm just happy, may Almighty Allah shines His Nur (light) on them and give them more sustenance. I'm just too happy, over happy self. What a great news! One of the best news of this New Year 1435AH.

I pray Almighty Allah guide us and the rest to the straight path, Aameen and at the same time open the heart of the unbelievers, lift the veil covering their eyes, let them see that ISLAM is a perfect religion and it's a religion of peace.

NB: PLEASE DISREGARD ANY NEWS SAYING THAT THEY WERE PAID SOME MONEY, WE CONFIRMED THAT THE MONEY WAS GIVING ON THEIR BEHALF BUT IT WENT TO CHARITY.

You can't spell ISLAM without the word ALMS. By default a Muslim should be CHARITABLE!

Love everyone, including non-Muslims, I live with my Christian block mates and my Hindu landlord, Ma Shaa’Allahu there is PERFECT PEACE! Absolute PEACE!

In history ISLAM never spread by sword or by forcing people. People entered the fold of ISLAM because they are guided. Whoever God has guided nobody can misguide, nothing can misguide him/her not even Human being or Jinn. And whoever gets the opposite should know that the opposite can never put him/her on the right path.

Ma’Salam!!

- Muhammad Jamiu Adebola
[/quote
pls dont lie, what about the jihadist war against the inhabitants of mecca? What about the ottoman empire that conquered parts of Europe? Lastly, how did utman Dan fodio propagate Islam in northern Nigeria? Was it not through a jihad? How dare u say Islam is a religion of peace? Thousands of Christians have been bombed in churches up north in d name of ur religion of peace, u better shine ur eyes brotherman. ]
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by 3rdeye1(m): 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2013
Religion is about personal conviction. They are free to belong. Well iv known for a long time now that Imo state among the Eastern states is more prone to Islam...im not surprised many of them are from Imo.
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by ommo(m): 9:27pm On Nov 16, 2013
AB$I:
If a Yoruba man converts to islam he will do it out of genuine conviction and will hardly or forcefully take any kind of compensation for such. But ibos are just disgraceful. For a penny he will sell his soul and his mother's to SATAN

Do you have to be so insulting and ethnocentric in your view? Does everything have to be Ibos vs Yorubas? Did you noticed in the malicious article that they were all not Ibos, the was a Yoruba and Akwa Ibom also. Wake up and GROW up the world is not waiting for YOU.

Its funny how people quickly jump into conclusion, i don't believe this information (news). Anyone reasonable person will know that this journalist is being puckish and mischievous with this misrepresentation of facts. This is one very poor journalism, its journalist like this who take advantage of freedom of speech to misinform people that have made countries like Kenya want to regulate free press.

The question any discerning person[/b] should ask is " what is the money for?" to thank them for coming to Islam and encourage them to stay in Islam or what ? How do they monitor these people they have given the money to make sure that they do not go back to their former religion? If monetary reward is the motivation for reverting to Islam, then everybody can claim he or she is reverting or converting take the money and then travel and go back to his religion.

haka_nai(m): Quote Post

LOL!!!! See how journalist can mislead people.Here they say money was thrown at converts.I was in the Mosque and observed the event. The money went to the Justice Mamman Nasir Islamic Centre for Peace and Research (missionary work). So to suggest that it was meant for the converts is rather silly and intent on making the converts look materialistic.The donations was meant for the NGO to continue its preaching activities.Other worshipers were also advice to try and preach the message.Some said they converted because of the way Muslims behave.The Imam also use this to highlight why we should be exemplary in our day to day dealings and actions.
They had there different reasons and views as to why they choose to convert. Non mentioned material or worldly pursuit.We have to give them the benefit of doubt and they were not all Igbos. Some were from the ND and SW.Contrary to the report it was the National Mosque chief Imam who received them.
NAIJA Journalist !!!! na today i know say they can so lie or change facts.[b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Thank God someone has come to expose the lie. The money was meant for the NGO to carry on with their charity work.

Some people will now stoop so low to even insult the whole tribe for that matter. A well brought up person shows it always, even when his not being seen. He will not stand behind a computer and insult others not to talk of a whole tribe.

Come on Nigerians lets learn to always scrutinize information before we jump into conclusion. [b][/b]Thanks to computer and internet, myopic and educated illiterates who are hungry for recognition will vent their frustration on the internet

1 Like

Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by immortaliceberg(m): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2013
pass me that khalifa paper i want to roll grin
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by LeSaint(m): 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2013
Phoenix619: They were paid at least 7 million naira each.
https://www.nairaland.com/1519993/wamakko-yuguda-rochas-shower-cash

Our boys don hammer. grin grin

Right on.
"Maggah" is where u find it!
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by s3nn2x(m): 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
Just 18 people converted to Islam and people are celebrating. Na wa ooo! I have lost count of the amount of people that convert to christianity in my church.

Let us tell ourselves the truth, the only reason why this is publicised is because most of them are Igbos.

I wonder it they were Hausas, if this would have been publicised like this.

MODS, I hope when I go to church tomorrow and I create a thread on the amount of people that converted to Christianity, backed up with pictures and state of origin, you guys will do the NEEDFUL and push the topic to the front page.

This is just political. I hope you guys follow up new converts, I want an update on their new found religion in 3 years.

2 Likes

Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by irokop(m): 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
Youngsage: Converted from what if I may ask?

frm amadioha and ekwensu to god of moha and turnder
Re: 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday by gossipmama(f): 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2013
And they couldn't help all those Babi Allah roaming the streets. Charity begging at home.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sheikh Mustapha Sanusi Zuglool's Burial: Massive Crowd Shutdown Isolo (Photos) / Ruling On Eating Onions And Garlic / Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.