Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,022 members, 7,835,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now (4615 Views)

Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? / Mock The Atheist. / "Pagans Are Responsible For The Draw-backs In Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: Psalm 115:4-8.
Their idols are silver and gold the work of men's hands.
5. They have mouths but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
6. They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:
7. They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.
8. They that make them are like unto them, so is every one that trusteth in them.

Ancestors cant help, they are just deaf and dumb. So ancestors have nothing to offer @ Pagan 9ja

What nonsense be this?

Idols are not supposed to see, hear, speak, walk or talk. undecided

They are objects we used to represent our Gods and to focus our prayers upon.

They are not robots.

so what the heck is your point?

Maybe your ancestors were deaf and dumb, not mine.

My ancestors spirit still resides in my flesh and blood.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Heathen(m): 6:00pm On Nov 16, 2013
Oluwatola5: blah blah blah somethin' somethin' Jewish guy somethin' somethin' god blah blah "insert threat of hell here" blah
OKAY......... but are you aware a burning bush told me to insult him?
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Oluwatola5(f): 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
ghostofsparta:
Your God is a mystery? Are you a true Yoruba or Jew? Which God are you talking of that is a mystery?
Does my belief in anyway affect you? Hello!!!
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by plaetton: 6:13pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: The way the Atheists and pagans talk about Jesus or God on this forum is very insulting. Did they think Jesus is their mate. Some even have the audacity to talk to the holyspirit anyhow. I dont blame them cos they dnt know what they are doing, if they know they will not talk that way.

Hebrew 10:31.
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

I want to warn them to stop as the consequences is so terrible and deadly. They should know that God is nt their mate but their maker. So when they are talking concerning him they should be very careful.

Hebrew 12:29.
For God is a consuming fire.

No one plays pranks with God.

I want to state here that all the atheist, satanist, and pagan should embrace Jesus as their personal lord and saviour and believe in him before it is too late.
YOU ARE WARNED!

Fine.
Religion should first stop insulting common sense and human dignity.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Oluwatola5(f): 6:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
Heathen: OKAY......... but are you aware a burning bush told me to insult him?
Whatsoever you must have done with my post is your business, enjoy Nairaland's privileges dear........BTW, i am not aware of anything a burning bush asked you to do, maybe you can tell me if you dont mind.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by plaetton: 6:19pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: is that scripture nt true? How can a mortal man like u doubt the existence of God, is that not foolishness? Imagine God ur maker and father, talking to him without any atom of respect and reverence. U people better take time before u face the wrath of God

I think it's an insult to atheists to accuse them of insulting something, ideas and beliefs that have been proven to be from the outcomes from epileptic seizures and other brain dysfunctions.

For your information, no atheists would stoop so low to insult cartoon characters or fairy tale characters.
What amuses us and what we constantly scoff and mock are your ridiculous beliefs and the benign insanity that are the natural outcomes of such silly beliefs.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Ukutsgp(m): 6:50pm On Nov 16, 2013
Atheist and pagan should stop doubting God. All they need to do is to believe. Have faith in God. U dnt have to see God face to face first before u believe he is.

Hebrew 11:6.
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

When you believe in him, he will reveal himself to you in his own special way.
I hope u will not want your story to be like that of paul who went blind for 3days before he believed. Just draw near to God in faith. Thanks.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: Atheist and pagan should stop doubting God. All they need to do is to believe. Have faith in God. U dnt have to see God face to face first before u believe he is.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I hope u will not want your story to be like that of paul who went blind for 3days before he believed. Just draw near to God in faith. Thanks.

We Pagans worship Gods.

you christians should stop doubting the Gods and quite man-worship.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Ukutsgp(m): 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

What nonsense be this?

Idols are not supposed to see, hear, speak, walk or talk. undecided

They are objects we used to represent our Gods and to focus our prayers upon.

They are not robots.

so what the heck is your point?

Maybe your ancestors were deaf and dumb, not mine.

My ancestors spirit still resides in my flesh and blood.
your ancestors are long dead and their bodies have decayed, their bone rotten. They are deaf and dumb in their grave now. But Jesus is alive for evermore

Revelation 1:18.
I am He that lives and was dead and behold i am alive for evermore Amen: and have the keys of hell and of death.

1 Like

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by plaetton: 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: Atheist and pagan should stop doubting God. All they need to do is to believe. Have faith in God. U dnt have to see God face to face first before u believe he is.

The bolded sounds like a script from a 419 movie.
Do you really think about how silly that is , especially in the modern era that we live in?.
An era where we are sending rockets to other worlds.

Of all the beliefs systems , why do you settle for the those of stone age middle easterners?
Why not your relatively recent beliefs of your African ancestors?

And why does the middle east god desperately need people to believe it?
Why does unbelief diminish the power of this deity? Is belief itself the real power that your god has?

Why does an atheist need a god to believe in?
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Ukuts gp:

[

This is laughable.
Who gives a rat's bottom about pleasing a very silly idea?

Ukuts gp:

Haven't you heard? Paul suffered from an epileptic seizure on his way to Damascus.
Temporal Lobe Epilepsy(TLE) is characterized by seizures that incapacitate and blind the victims temporarily.
TLEs are also characterized by strange religious epiphanies or illusions where voices and visual illusions are very common.

Paul suffered all the well-known symptoms of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy that includes hypergraphia(uncontralable urge to write), and Hypo-sexuality( devoid of sexual urges).
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by plaetton: 7:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: your ancestors are long dead and their bodies have decayed, their bone rotten. They are deaf and dumb in their grave now. But Jesus is alive for evermore

I am He that lives and was dead and behold i am alive for evermore Amen: and have the keys of hell and of death.

But your fellow Catholic churchtians just dug up the bones of a long dead white man to worship.
hilarious! cheesy
What is good for the Geese is no longer good for Gander?
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by ghostofsparta(m): 7:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
Oluwatola5: Does my belief in anyway affect you? Hello!!!

Yes my dear, it does. So many, one of which can't help seeing my yorubas brethren being misled into a middle-eastern religion. Moreover, it has never in anyway helped our Yorubaland. Take a look at our society now, does it spell well? Compare it to other pagan west African nations like Ghana and Benin Republic where there is 24hours electricity supply and provision of basic amenities and social infrastructures. Go through my posts and you will see the perspective I look at things. Let me ask you an objective question. Don't you think our government would shape up to the over-due responsibilities it owes us, if it agents were made to swear oaths in the activated presence of Amadioha, Ogun and Ayilala? Check out this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/961735/nigeria-better-off-leaders-swears

Again, I ask you, are you a true Yoruba or a Jew wanabe?
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Ukutsgp(m): 7:25pm On Nov 16, 2013
plaetton:

I think it's an insult to atheists to accuse them of insulting something, ideas and beliefs that have been proven to be from the outcomes from epileptic seizures and other brain dysfunctions.

For your information, no atheists would stoop so low to insult cartoon characters or fairy tale characters.
What amuses us and what we constantly scoff and mock are your ridiculous beliefs and the benign insanity that are the natural outcomes of such silly beliefs.
no matter how u rant from now till tomorrow, GOD remains GOD. He is still on his throne. He cant be dethroned by any man. He is just watching u in HD, giving u time to repent and believe in him.

Acts 7:49.
Heaven is my throne and the earth is my footstool...

I pray that God have mercy on you.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by plaetton: 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: no matter how u rant from now till tomorrow, GOD remains GOD. He is still on his throne. He cant be dethroned by any man. He is just watching u in HD, giving u time to repent and believe in him.

Good for God.
Santa Clause is still in the North Pole resting till Christmas day.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is still serving delicious and nutritious pasta to the whole world.

Ukuts gp:

Hilarious.
A useless god that could not have mercy on 10,000 Phillipino christian believers is going to have mercy on me?.

I can't seem to figure out which is more silly, god or the belief in god.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by macof(m): 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2013
Jesus is dead na...wats all this for?
Let him rest in peace pls.

Jesus sent me to tell u Christians to leave him alone, and that u should all forget heaven because all his brethrens(Jews and the lost sheep of Israel) haven't gotten tickets yet.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by ghostofsparta(m): 7:37pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: no matter how u rant from now till tomorrow, GOD remains GOD. He is still on his throne. He cant be dethroned by any man. He is just watching u in HD, giving u time to repent and believe in him.

If you know so much about God(Jeovah/Yahweh), what was he doing, when his chosen race were been slaughtered at various concentration camps during WWII? Was he slumbering when Hurricane Katrina was manifesting., or do you want to tell us that those living in Lousiana aren't different from those in Sodom and Gomorah, I'm sure they were several parishes and God loving people there.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by ghostofsparta(m): 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2013
macof: Jesus is dead na...wats all this for?
Let him rest in peace pls.

Jesus sent me to tell u Christians to leave him alone, and that u should all forget heaven because all his brethrens(Jews and the lost sheep of Israel) haven't gotten tickets yet.

Jesus spoke to me through the holy spirit, 3 weeks ago never to stop making these Nairaland religionists look f00l15h
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Ukutsgp(m): 7:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
Science wouldn't have been possible without God. He is the giver of wisdom.

James 1:5.
If any man lack wisdom, let him ask of God that gives to all men liberally and upbraids not, and it shall be given him.

Without God science is vain. It is God that gave scientist the wisdom to invent those things we are enjoying today.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: your ancestors are long dead and their bodies have decayed, their bone rotten. They are deaf and dumb in their grave now. But Jesus is alive for evermore

You readily believe that your ancestors are dead and rotten

but a Jewish man who may or may not have existed 2000 years ago is alive.

Foreign slavery......this is what christianity does to the mind

5 Likes

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Oluwatola5(f): 8:32pm On Nov 16, 2013
ghostofsparta:

Yes my dear, it does. So many, one of which can't help seeing my yorubas brethren being misled into a middle-eastern religion. Moreover, it has never in anyway helped our Yorubaland. Take a look at our society now, does it spell well? Compare it to other pagan west African nations like Ghana and Benin Republic where there is 24hours electricity supply and provision of basic amenities and social infrastructures. Go through my posts and you will see the perspective I look at things. Let me ask you an objective question. Don't you think our government would shape up to the over-due responsibilities it owes us, if it agents were made to swear oaths in the activated presence of Amadioha, Ogun and Ayilala? Check out this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/961735/nigeria-better-off-leaders-swears

Again, I ask you, are you a true Yoruba or a Jew wanabe?
To answer your first question concerning our leaders being made to swear oaths to gods like Amadioha, Ogun and Ayilala, in as much as i dont want my reply to sound like it is coming from my christian perspective but i cant help it here. The bible says ''If our God should count iniquity, who shall stand?''. Why on earth do we destroy humanity by evoking wraths of some merciless gods on them when no one has been upright from the beginning. If you want such then i expect you to be without any sin, no matter how little. Besides i dont believe in swearing one bit. BTW, if this is what serving gods involves, meting out their anger at will to their believers, then i would rather die a christian and serve the God who is slow to anger and merciful even to the vilest offenders. To answer your 2nd question asking if i am a true yoruba or a jew wannabe. Well i dont know your yardstick for determining if one is. But i am a yoruba girl, and i hold my place with high esteem, but if me deciding not to worship their gods doesnt make me one, then no problem at all..........By virtues of adoption and faith, i am no Jew, but i am a believer and a daughter of God.........smileysmileysmiley
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by macof(m): 8:46pm On Nov 16, 2013
Oluwatola5: To answer your first question concerning our leaders being made to swear oaths to gods like Amadioha, Ogun and Ayilala, in as much as i dont want my reply to sound like it is coming from my christian perspective but i cant help it here. The bible says ''If our God should count iniquity, who shall stand?''. Why on earth do we destroy humanity by evoking wraths of some merciless gods on them when no one has been upright from the beginning. If you want such then i expect you to be without any sin, no matter how little. Besides i dont believe in swearing one bit. BTW, if this is what serving gods involves, meting out their anger at will to their believers, then i would rather die a christian and serve the God who is slow to anger and merciful even to the vilest offenders. To answer your 2nd question asking if i am a true yoruba or a jew wannabe. Well i dont know your yardstick for determining if one is. But i am a yoruba girl, and i hold my place with high esteem, but if me deciding not to worship their gods doesnt make me one, then no problem at all..........By virtues of adoption and faith, i am no Jew, but i am a believer and a daughter of God.........smileysmileysmiley

Are u sure u read ur Bible? Because that Bible god isn't slow to anger, he has killed billions of humans in just 3000+years of Bible events

And look at u willing to denounce ur ancestors and loyalty to the Yoruba nation for a Jew.

May the land which our ancestors fought for which u walk on judge u.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:49pm On Nov 16, 2013

Logicboy03:

[size=28pt]You readily believe that your ancestors are dead and rotten

Foreign slavery......this is what christianity does to the mind[/size]

The Spirit of the ancestors can never be destroyed.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Ukutsgp(m): 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

You readily believe that your ancestors are dead and rotten

Foreign slavery......this is what christianity does to the mind
Jesus is the son of God who came in human form to died for our sins. So that through his blood that was shed we will have remission of sins

matthew 1:21, 23
And she shall bring forth a son and you shall call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
23. Behold, a virgin shall be with a child, and shall bring forth a son and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which is being interpreted is, God with us.

Jesus christ existed. U cant deny this. He died and rose again the third day and he is sitting at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrew 12:2.
Looking to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, dispising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by plaetton: 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: Jesus is the son of God who came in human form to died for our sins. So that through his blood that was shed we will have remission of sins

matthew 1:21, 23
And she shall bring forth a son and you shall call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
23. Behold, a virgin shall be with a child, and shall bring forth a son and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which is being interpreted is, God with us.

He he he. i just can't stop laughing.

So the angel said his name shall be Emmanuel, but they disobeyed and called him Jesus instead?
What happened to Emmanuel? cheesy.

Ukuts gp: Jesus is the son of God who came in human form to died for our sins. So that through his blood that was shed we will have remission of sins

Why is there still sin in the world since Jesus had come to erase sin? shocked
Why are you still sinning everyday?
Why are billions of humans still bound for eternal hellfire for sinning the same sins that Jesus was supposed to wipe away?

1 Like

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Oluwatola5(f): 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
macof:

Are u sure u read ur Bible? Because that Bible god isn't slow to anger, he has killed billions of humans in just 3000+years of Bible events

And look at u willing to denounce ur ancestors and loyalty to the Yoruba nation for a Jew.

Yes, i read my bible to that place sir.

What else does my coming from the yoruba ethnic group demand from me? I dont seem to get your point again. At least i think you have heard some cases of some whites leaving their country and coming to Africa, Nigeria to be precise to worship the gods here, did anyone ask their God to judge. Please this is my life. You dont need to feel so concerned to even ask some ancestors to judge abeg..
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Ukutsgp(m): 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
macof:

Jesus would have returned since to judge the world but for his mercy because many will perish.

2 peter 3:9-10.
The lord is not slack concerning his promise as some men count slackness, but his long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10. But the day of the lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by MrTroll(m): 10:23pm On Nov 16, 2013

if I show you a book that says that my great great great great grand father is not dead would you believe me? why or why not?
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Ranchhoddas: 10:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
@op u never see insult...just wait make alfa seltzer enter this thread!!
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by ghostofsparta(m): 10:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: Without God science is vain. It is God that gave scientist the wisdom to invent those things we are enjoying today.

Since you know so much about your wisdom-dishing God, kindly enlighten us as to whether it was God or Satan the Devil that gave scientist like Alfred Nobel the wisdom to invent and patent numerous human-killing devices such as the dynamite, fire-arms for killing humans such as the one the then Pope was shot with, while your Jeovah God stood by watching how surgeons qualified in science operated him.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by UyiIredia(m): 11:00pm On Nov 16, 2013
'Your Jesus is a lazy man.' - my father.

Lol ! He said this to a number of Christians whilst he was a pagan. I miss 'em days.

1 Like

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by UyiIredia(m): 11:06pm On Nov 16, 2013
Oluwatola5: To answer your first question concerning our leaders being made to swear oaths to gods like Amadioha, Ogun and Ayilala, in as much as i dont want my reply to sound like it is coming from my christian perspective but i cant help it here. The bible says ''If our God should count iniquity, who shall stand?''. Why on earth do we destroy humanity by evoking wraths of some merciless gods on them when no one has been upright from the beginning. If you want such then i expect you to be without any sin, no matter how little. Besides i dont believe in swearing one bit. BTW, if this is what serving gods involves, meting out their anger at will to their believers, then i would rather die a christian and serve the God who is slow to anger and merciful even to the vilest offenders. To answer your 2nd question asking if i am a true yoruba or a jew wannabe. Well i dont know your yardstick for determining if one is. But i am a yoruba girl, and i hold my place with high esteem, but if me deciding not to worship their gods doesnt make me one, then no problem at all..........By virtues of adoption and faith, i am no Jew, but i am a believer and a daughter of God.........smileysmileysmiley

I don't think a God who killed a man for touching an ark, almost killed Moses, slaughtered Israelites for eating quails after complaining, thinks it necessary to kill Himself to forgive wrongs against Him, killed Herod for pride and after keepibg His peace for a finite time, tortures unvelievers for eternity, is slow to anger. If that is slow to anger in your books, I'd say you are on a long thing.

2 Likes

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by macof(m): 11:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
Oluwatola5: Yes, i read my bible to that place sir.

What else does my coming from the yoruba ethnic group demand from me? I dont seem to get your point again. At least i think you have heard some cases of some whites leaving their country and coming to Africa, Nigeria to be precise to worship the gods here, did anyone ask their God to judge. Please this is my life. You dont need to feel so concerned to even ask some ancestors to judge abeg..

Coming from the Yoruba ethnic group demands wat any ethnic group demands

Loyalty, Practice of culture, respect to the ancestors, And absence of foreign sire.

Most of these seemingly foreign folks in Yoruba spirituality are of Yoruba ancestry, some non-Yoruba Africans
And Their Gods is same gods everywhere in the world. Gods for all, not gods for Yoruba alone
And nobody preached to convert them, many of them kept the spirituality alive during slavery and their children keep it going, many were came into it because they saw the lies of Islam and christianity, most of them have also lost the spirituality of their own ancestors, But u have something ur smart ancestors have left for u and is still alive.

You slander them because of a book of the Jews and you are even ready to denounce being Yoruba.
you are so stupidd

You better move to Israel and serve Yahweh, where no one would talk about Orisha

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Hell Is Better Than Heaven! / Covid 19 Is A Cover For The Greatest Event In The History Of Man! / What Is The Extent Of Faith?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.