Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now (4618 Views)

Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? / Mock The Atheist. / "Pagans Are Responsible For The Draw-backs In Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by philfearon(m): 8:50am On Nov 17, 2013
ghostofsparta: ^ For your mind now, you don do lord's work, abil? For your mind you don react logically to our posers, abi? U don try gan sef.
Nope.....am just stating the obvious,what you already know!!
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 17, 2013
Ukuts gp: I dnt know why atheists and pagans are so blind and daft like this. No wonder the bible says that the god of this age have blinded their mind.

2 corinthians 4:4.
In whom the god of this age has blinded the minds of them who believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

They should know that God who created the heaven and the earth by the words of his mouth is far wiser than them.

Hebrew 11:3.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Psalm 24 :1.
For the earth is the lord's and the fullness thereof, the earth and all that dwell therein.

Their reasoning is so shallow to think that the world evolved from something else.
Who could have created a world like this if an invisible force is not behind it. It could only be the almighty God himself.

Genesis 1:1.
In the begining God created heavens and the earth.

If the scientist claim they have power and wisdom, let them make the sun and moon to stand still for a particular numbers of days then i would believe them. Let them alter the normal course of day and night if they claim they know more than God. Even those dumb ancestors cant do that.
Even the devil cant match God's infinite wisdom.

1 corinthians 1:25.
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

None can be compared to God in all the earth. The wisdom of the atheist is vain and futile. Their wisdom could not tell them that there is an all-powerful and an all-wise God who created everything that is in existence. Afterall, the bible is very correct when it says ' the fool says in his heart, there is no God' psalm 14:1. What a foolish way to think.

grin grin grin
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by ghostofsparta(m): 10:47am On Nov 17, 2013
Ukuts gp: Let me be back from church first.
Say hello to your desert hiding Jew God and pray to him to provide you with answers to the question you have conveniently dodged here: https://www.nairaland.com/1519820/atheist-pagans-should-stop-insulting/1#19591381
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Ukutsgp(m): 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2013
ghostofsparta:

Since you know so much about your wisdom-dishing God, kindly enlighten us as to whether it was God or Satan the Devil that gave scientist like Alfred Nobel the wisdom to invent and patent numerous human-killing devices such as the dynamite, fire-arms for killing humans such as the one the then Pope was shot with, while your Jeovah God stood by watching how surgeons qualified in science operated him.
natural disasters are all signs of the end time.

Matthew 24:6-7.
And you shall hear of wars and rumors of war: see that you be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.

2 timothy 3:1.
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

Guns, bombs etc where made to combat crimes and not for evil. It was man that abuse its usage.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:28pm On Nov 17, 2013
Uyi Iredia: 'Your Jesus is a lazy man.' - my father.

Lol ! He said this to a number of Christians whilst he was a pagan. I miss 'em days.

your father was a Pagan?

its is true that many Nigerians converted to christianity/islam from Paganism in the past 50 years. especially in the 70's.

That was also the time when job opportunities weres just starting to open up in cities ,etc.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Oluwatola5(f): 1:17am On Nov 18, 2013
macof:

Coming from the Yoruba ethnic group demands wat any ethnic group demands

Loyalty, Practice of culture, respect to the ancestors, And absence of foreign sire.

Most of these seemingly foreign folks in Yoruba spirituality are of Yoruba ancestry, some non-Yoruba Africans
And Their Gods is same gods everywhere in the world. Gods for all, not gods for Yoruba alone
And nobody preached to convert them, many of them kept the spirituality alive during slavery and their children keep it going, many were came into it because they saw the lies of Islam and christianity, most of them have also lost the spirituality of their own ancestors, But u have something ur smart ancestors have left for u and is still alive.

You slander them because of a book of the Jews and you are even ready to denounce being Yoruba.
you are so stupidd

You better move to Israel and serve Yahweh, where no one would talk about Orisha
Crap!!!!

Now i wonder why atheists wouldnt attack someone like you since you still practice religion and believe in the existence of supernatural beings, but i have come to reason that of all religion, christianity is what seems to be majority's headache. Seriously atheists dont know how less christians are violent, all these pagans are really mean set of people!!!! Gosh!!!!

Anyway if refusing to bow down or to recite incantations, carrying sacrifice on my head and littering T-junctions, then entering evil covens to cummune with all those ''iyas'',pouring of drinks on the ground to pay homage to whatever, using charm, believe in sigidi's, worship wood, iron and whatever makes me stupid, then leave it that way abi it dey affect you ni Yeye!!!!
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Oluwatola5(f): 1:25am On Nov 18, 2013
macof:

We believe the Christian way is stupid, weak and fraud. Yoruba spirituality is the right way for Yoruba people

Hausa spirituality is the right way for Hausa people

Igbo spirituality is the right way for Igbo people

Ashanti spirituality is the best way for Ashanti people

All Africans should revert to the spirituality of their ancestors, only then can ur soul truly be saved because mental slavery is torture to the soul, it's worse than hell.
The afterlife wouldn't be so easy for all of you Christians who cannot think and seek the truth
Now a tribalist is talking.......keep it up, your small god is you strength.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by macof(m): 1:41am On Nov 18, 2013
Oluwatola5: Now a tribalist is talking.......keep it up, your small god is you strength.

Is your father is Yoruba? do u have Yoruba blood?

How can u call me a tribalist for loving my ancestors?

Wat are u that hates ur ancestors?

Wat I posted is fact and not tribalistic

Everyone should revert(not convert) to the true spirituality of the blood that flows through ur vein.

A Yoruba shouldn't be Christian or Muslim but a pagan- revert to Sango and Orunmila

A German(Scandinavian) shouldn't be a Christian but a pagan- revert to Thor and Odin

A Syria shouldn't be Muslim but a pagan- revert to Athirat and Anu

2 Likes

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by macof(m): 2:04am On Nov 18, 2013
Oluwatola5: Crap!!!!

Now i wonder why atheists wouldnt attack someone like you since you still practice religion and believe in the existence of supernatural beings, but i have come to reason that of all religion, christianity is what seems to be majority's headache. Seriously atheists dont know how less christians are violent, all these pagans are really mean set of people!!!! Gosh!!!!

Anyway if refusing to bow down or to recite incantations, carrying sacrifice on my head and littering T-junctions, then entering evil covens to cummune with all those ''iyas'',pouring of drinks on the ground to pay homage to whatever, using charm, believe in sigidi's, worship wood, iron and whatever makes me stupid, then leave it that way abi it dey affect you ni Yeye!!!!

Pagans are not mean people, pagans live very societal and moral, we own the land and laws of the land

Nobody would ever ask u to bow down to an idol, personal I have never done that since I left christianity.
Incantations are only known by priest, so unless u plan on reverting then turning to a priest u don't have to recite any incantation.
Sacrifice is not by force, The main thing is to Grow ur Ori and develop in spirit, sacrifice is to appease the Gods and make the land fruitful, blessed and protected.
There's nothing evil about paganism, all these Nollywood movies are spreading lies and slander against us.
charm/juju is not spirits but advanced science
I believe sigidi(God of sleep, dreams and protection) is real because everybody has dreams once in a while, but he is almost never worshipped in yorubaland, he has very little devotees. Or is ur family devoted to Sigidi?
Nobody in the world worships wood or iron, when we use wood to create an image(from imagination) of our Gods, it's the God the wood represents that we worship not the wood, the wood is only to symbolic to the presence of the God.

So... if you are doing prostitution I should not advice you because it's ur life and it doesn't affect me?
If you are about to jump off a cliff I shouldn't stop u because it doesn't affect me?

Pls I love u as a Yoruba sister that's why I tell u this.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Oluwatola5(f): 6:02am On Nov 18, 2013
/\ /\ /\ I appreciate your love dearie. Thank God we both believe in the religion, we believe in the existence of some supernatural beings that cannot be seen with this physical eyes, so, the fundamental human right that states ''freedom of religion'' is applicable here, pick what suits you taste and let me make my choice, thanks a lot, and bye........smiley
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Ukutsgp(m): 8:21am On Nov 18, 2013

the pagans are really in bondage o. They are really suffering o
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by MrTroll(m): 9:18am On Nov 18, 2013
Ukuts gp: the pagans are really in bondage o. They are really suffering o
grin grin grin grin. oh! the Irony.

1 Like

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by macof(m): 9:20am On Nov 18, 2013
Ukuts gp: the pagans are really in bondage o. They are really suffering o

undecided says the Christian who's church members cannot afford 3square meals, or send their children to good schools or even manage a well furnished house
Or who's daughters have to go into prostitution to help the family survive
Or sons stealing from neighbors house

Pls take this to the Muslims.....this way >>>>>>>>>>

3 Likes

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by macof(m): 9:27am On Nov 18, 2013
Oluwatola5: /\ /\ /\ I appreciate your love dearie. Thank God we both believe in the religion, we believe in the existence of some supernatural beings that cannot be seen with this physical eyes, so, the fundamental human right that states ''freedom of religion'' is applicable here, pick what suits you taste and let me make my choice, thanks a lot, and bye........smiley

The problem u have is that you have already concluded that paganism is evil, ur church and Bible has told lies against ur ancestors and u just believe without finding out the truth.

I was once Christian but I found out the lies and the truth and reason of Yoruba spirituality which my ancestors practiced.

If only u can release ur mind from this bias state and seek the truth, maybe then u you soul can develop because it can never develop on so much lies

2 Likes

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by philfearon(m): 9:41am On Nov 18, 2013
This thread has turned into Kiddies show
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Ukutsgp(m): 9:58am On Nov 18, 2013
philfearon: This thread has turned into Kiddies show
u people make it that way. But i want to say again for the last time. Stop insulting Jesus or face the music when it plays.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by MrTroll(m): 10:11am On Nov 18, 2013
Ukuts gp: u people make it that way. But i want to say again for the last time. [b]Stop insulting Jesus [/b]or face the music when it plays.
but you can insult pagans, atheists and muslims? undecided

when will the music play biko? my dancing shoes don de gather dust. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 20, 2013
It seems many don't even understand what the term paganism mean. Paganism I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ a pejorative term, nd it refers 2 a group of historical polytheistic religious traditions primarily those of cultures known 2 d classical world. It was actually popularised by the early xtians 2 refer 2 non-xtians, nd was derived from the Latin word paganus- which literally can mean heathen. Paganism as used in ancient Rome meant one who has no little or no religion and who delights in sensual pleasures and material goods; an irreligious or hedonistic person. Clearly this doesn't define the African traditional religion, nd it will be wrong if we refer 2 d African traditional religion as paganism.
From ancient times 2 now, it has been used as a derogatory term 2 put down others that have different views on religion. I recommend further reading on the etymology of the word for those that don't know its meaning.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 20, 2013

African traditional religion I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ not paganism, when U use the word paganism, U refer to sum1 who does not practice any religion. @ Tola. Don't forget this fact. Religion I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ dynamic, it changes with tym. Perhaps if we where not colonized, if our collective heritage was not taken from us by the colonials, perhaps our religion wud av been susceptible to innovations, perhaps, d cases of d so-called sacrifices or wateva which I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ ϔ☺Ůȑ point of leverage won't be dere 2da. Mind U also, even xtianity nd Islam, d key religions 2da, where also enmeshed in early heathen practices in the early Beginnings, but wit tym, came changes- innovations. Go read abt Martin Luther's reforms on the Catholic church, how early xtians where burnt to d stakes, how so-called heretics who were actually propagators of d true xtianity where burnt on the stakes by the Catholic church. Go read on Calvinism, go read on how the practice of Christmas nd Easter came to be true d laws passed by Constantine a Roman Emperor at that Time, who had 2 adopt un-xtian practices in2 xtianity 2 make it more acceptable, go read abt d origins of d Kabba in Islam, nd many other tings. D fact I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ DAT religion nd its Inherent attributes are susceptible to reforms nd renovations. If perhaps Martin Luther had not revolted against d Catholic Church centuries ago, xtianity wud stl be enmeshed in un-xtian practices.
I am a practicing Muslim, but I wud state hear categorically, if we don't appreciate our indigenous religions nd philosophies, Nigeria nd Africa in general will neva progress. 2da we are d most religious nation on earth. We import xtianity, nd wat av we 2 show for our religiosity? Poverty nd under-development. For d records, China nd India, nd many oda countries where no beta than us in d colonial experience, but in order to forget that painful episode, in order to develop, in order to be etched on the part 2 greatness, they reverted to their indigenous philosophies and religion. It will surprise U 2 know dt even till this moment China's official philosophy nd religion I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ Confucianism, which was adopted many many centuries ago by a Chinese philosoher Cald Kung Fu Si.
The Yoruba religion and other African traditional religions of the modern tyms are purely monotheistic religions. You can argue wit me on dat, but I bet U go nd study more on African traditional religions nd d basic philosophies surrounding them. D so-called pantheon of gods in traditional religion are basically intermediaries or channels, links 2 d most high God jez lyk d xtian Jesus, d Muslim Mohamed or d Buddhist Buddha.
Most times we shudn't jez be blinded by the fact dat we are xtians or Muslims, we shud luk beyond that, nd appreciate d beauties of other religions.
NB: wen U say a religion I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ traditional, it refers 2 its place of origin, where such religion originates. Thus it will be ryt if I say xtianity nd Islam are traditional religions of d middle East.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 20, 2013

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Ukutsgp(m): 9:03am On Nov 20, 2013
We christian refer to pagans as those who worship idols and ancestors instead of the true God who made heaven and earth.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by macof(m): 11:30am On Nov 20, 2013
zenopee: It seems many don't even understand what the term paganism mean. Paganism I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ a pejorative term, nd it refers 2 a group of historical polytheistic religious traditions primarily those of cultures known 2 d classical world. It was actually popularised by the early xtians 2 refer 2 non-xtians, nd was derived from the Latin word paganus- which literally can mean heathen. Paganism as used in ancient Rome meant one who has no little or no religion and who delights in sensual pleasures and material goods; an irreligious or hedonistic person. Clearly this doesn't define the African traditional religion, nd it will be wrong if we refer 2 d African traditional religion as paganism.
From ancient times 2 now, it has been used as a derogatory term 2 put down others that have different views on religion. I recommend further reading on the etymology of the word for those that don't know its meaning.

You make good points wit u are saying...lemme add more

Paganism is an ethnic practice.
The indigenous spirituality of a people.

Paganism is mostly associated with polytheism and pantheism. however a deeper look at ATR proves monotheism

Pagan is a Latin word meaning "villager"

Paganism is not best referred as a religion but spiritual philosophy
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by macof(m): 11:47am On Nov 20, 2013
Ukuts gp: We christian refer to pagans as those who worship idols and ancestors instead of the true God who made heaven and earth.

It's nt ur job to give meanings to words that already have meanings.

Paganism is wat zenopee and I have explained, don't distort English

Pagans don't worship idols, No one on earth worships idols, the idols are used to represent the unseen gods who we honor for blessings and fruitful living

You are either ignorant or hypocrite because even Christians don't worship The God that created heaven/the supreme God.

christianity is reformed paganism, and still slanders it's sources
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Ukutsgp(m): 1:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
macof:

It's nt ur job to give meanings to words that already have meanings.

Paganism is wat zenopee and I have explained, don't distort English

Pagans don't worship idols, No one on earth worships idols, the idols are used to represent the unseen gods who we honor for blessings and fruitful living

You are either ignorant or hypocrite because even Christians don't worship The God that created heaven/the supreme God.

christianity is reformed paganism, and still slanders it's sources
so u want to tell me what i worship now abi? Anyway, we worship the true God and christianity is not any reformed paganism. Christ is the foundation of christianity, anything more than that count me out.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by macof(m): 12:15am On Nov 21, 2013
Ukuts gp: so u want to tell me what i worship now abi? Anyway, we worship the true God and christianity is not any reformed paganism. Christ is the foundation of christianity, anything more than that count me out.

1. Amen is actually symbolic to the Egyptians as the Greeks related it to Amun
2. Sunday worship: Day of Mithra
3. Easter celebration
4. 25th December: Annual festival of Mithra and renewal of the Sun's course(symbolize as Mithra's birth)
5. Sign of the cross: A very important symbol in spiritual practices of Kemet and copied by Romans
6. major points of Jesus life eg virgin mother, wine miracle and after 3days resurrection are taken from Pagan gods- Dionysus and Horus whom the Romans honored before reforming christianity
7. The virgin mother is Isis(mother of Horus), she is the Queen of heaven and mother goddess
8. Trinity: Romans have always been exposed to trinity- Zeus,poseidon,hades to Osiris,Isis,Horus

I might not be completely correct but I have reasons to believe that the Romans just modified their spirituality and added judaic principles to make christianity

2 Likes

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Ukutsgp(m): 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
@macof. Not i might nt be completely correct. U are nt correct at all.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ukuts gp: @macof. Not i might nt be completely correct. U are nt correct at all.

prove his points wrong.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by macof(m): 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

prove his points wrong.

Lol He can't

He knows this but doesn't want to admit that he has been deceived all his life by the white men

1 Like

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Ukutsgp(m): 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

prove his points wrong.
where is his links. How did he get such erroneous information.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ukuts gp: where is his links. How did he get such erroneous information.

you said its a lie. prove its a lie first.

why do you make such baseless and false accusations?

Dont worry, brother macof will answer any of your doubts.
Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by macof(m): 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ukuts gp: where is his links. How did he get such erroneous information.

Am off to play football....after the match

1 Like

Re: The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now by Ukutsgp(m): 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
macof:

Am off to play football....after the match
play well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sister Adesewa (true Life Story) / EXPOSED !!! / Scientist Discorvered There Is God After Researching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.