Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,819 members, 7,956,087 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:22 AM

Marriage Proposal Without A Ring - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal Without A Ring (25895 Views)

This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Tonniey(m): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

I can't believe this man proposed without a ring. Who does that?

Every woman deserves to have an engagement ring. If he can't afford it, he shouldn't be thinking of marriage in the first place.

Sweetheart, my advice to you is, call it off and tell him you want a ring & if he won't give you one, go find another man who will have enough love and respect for you to give you one.

Him not having a ring is NOT a good sign. Just think of all the other things he will disregard once you guys are married. RUN while you can!
If ladies should follow your advice, many will remain single or miss the opportunity of marrying 2 their God given husband.
Your thinking is too straight, wot if d guy decides nt 2 propose with a ring but has more suprises 4 her afterwords?
No wonder some girls will carry engagement ring for a single guy for 3yrs without gethin married...

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by nelsn(m): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
God y na!y everytin 4 9ja we must copy oyibo...ma papa no mari ma mama with ring but d mariage stand.......Adam n Eve marry with ring?.....Babes make una d fool unaselves dey wait 4 diamond una papa go pursue una from house.......if ring must involve d babe no fit buy ring just wear.....Aboki make me 1 zobe abeg
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by BB013(m): 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
How come all the ladies in this thread re in support of engagement ring while d guys aren't?

This engagement ring of a thing is worthless truth be told.

Take d case of a guy who gave his gf an engagement
Ring then later didn't marry her.

If u my gf dont expect an engagement ring from me after I don tell ur paper nd mama say I wan marry u..

Engagement ring ko endanger ring ni
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by obailala(m): 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
Yes I think the ring is important in proposals especially as it is the tradition these days. I however have a different concern...

If a guy isn't sure of the EXACT type of ring his girl wants, is it okay to propose with a MAKESHIFT ring (anything which could signify a ring) and then later take her to the jeweler to select her dream ring??

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by anitank(f): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
Even if he proposes with a ring, I just won't wear it till we r ready to head to the alter.

What's the point flaunting an engagement ring, chasing away other suitors and then the wedding eventually doesn't take place

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by orjifavour(f): 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

Every woman deserves to have an engagement ring. If he can't afford it, he shouldn't be thinking of marriage in the first place.

Sweetheart, my advice to you is, call it off and tell him you want a ring & if he won't give you one, go find another man who will have enough love and respect for you to give you one.

Him not having a ring is NOT a good sign. Just think of all the other things he will disregard once you guys are married. RUN while you can!
whether he propose with or without a ring, what difference will it make, you will still see men with wedding ring and still cheat even women cheat with wedding ring...... one thing we need is a trustworthy partner, and his word stand..... both church wedding ring, court wedding ring, traditional marriage ring and the almighty engagement ring CANNOT DETERMINE IF THE UNION WILL STAND, IT DEPEND ON BOTH PARTIES....

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by greall1: 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
I don't believe in ring.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by orjifavour(f): 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
anitank: Even if he proposes with a ring, I just won't wear it till we r ready to head to the alter.

What's the point flaunting an engagement ring, chasing away other suitors and then the wedding eventually doesn't take place

THANK U ooooo

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

[size=18pt]Every woman deserves to have an engagement ring. If he can't afford it, he shouldn't be thinking of marriage in the first place[/size].

[size=18pt]Him not having a ring is NOT a good sign. Just think of all the other things he will disregard once you guys are married. RUN while you can![/size]

Sigh!!

i laff in mandarin.

una no dey learn sha. una mumu no dey get part 2.

issok. we shall see. run ooo, run well.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by orjifavour(f): 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
obailala: Yes I think the ring is important in proposals especially as it is the tradition these days. I however have a different concern...

If a guy isn't sure of the EXACT type of ring his girl wants, is it okay to propose with a MAKESHIFT ring (anything which could signify a ring) and then later take her to the jeweler to select her dream ring??

sorry

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by orjifavour(f): 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
B_B013: How come all the ladies in this thread re in support of engagement ring while d guys aren't?

This engagement ring of a thing is worthless truth be told.

Take d case of a guy who gave his gf an engagement
Ring then later didn't marry her.

If u my gf dont expect an engagement ring from me after I don tell ur paper nd mama say I wan marry u..

Engagement ring ko endanger ring ni

minus me oooo angry angry angry angry
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by zicjoe(m): 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

You see ignorance! Since when is giving your girl an engagement ring a "white man" thing? This has to be the most ignorant thing I've heard all day.

Africans always belittling themselves and giving others credit for things they don't even deserve. Next thing you're gonna say is, wearing a "wedding dress" is a white man thing too. So the woman should just come to her wedding in every day attire.

The ignorance is astounding. Na wa for naija oooo!
. You mean nigeria has been in this custom b4 the coming of the whites.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
anitank: Even if he proposes with a ring, I just won't wear it till we r ready to head to the alter.

[b]What's the point flaunting an engagement ring, chasing away other suitors and then the wedding eventually doesn't take place

LOL.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Olurose(f): 4:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hmmm, as 4 me ooo I won't accept a marriage proposal without a ring, I'll take it as if u're just joking. U av to go and get d ring baibee

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by hammedkola(m): 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
It's like buying a land without C of O grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

Did I hear you telling her to find another Man? hahaha!
Advice! na waa oo!
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by AdaBekee1(f): 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
to me, d ring serves as a symbol of committment, its an evidence dat he proposed.
I wl lyk to get a ring 4rm my man, dnt knw abt others.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by jaybee3(m): 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
Olurose: Hmmm, as 4 me ooo I won't accept a marriage proposal without a ring, I'll take it as if u're just joking. U av to go and get d ring baibee
The dynamics of relationships in this current times have changed and you just have to evolve. Yes the natural order is to meet someone/date/court/engage/get married bla bla bla

What if this natural order was altered by you mistakenly getting pregnant and all, would you still insist on no wedding without engagement ring?
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by ajbabs(m): 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2013

Sorry to say, some animals will not agree with you.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by AdaBekee1(f): 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
adaeze#123:
Do you guys think its necessary for a guy to propose with a ring. Please give your suggestions....
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by anselm791(m): 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
I think its the single most unimportant thing in marriage! I might understand paying your family for your hand, but paying you such amount in the name of ring? Truth is if you value our love more than that object, it wouldn't be such a big deal. In fact I plan to propose without one.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
Na wa o! Must. Everything be arguable
It gives d ladies so much ectasy and joy, just give her already

Kini big deal undecided y. Deprive her of her pride and joy angry

Even ur mama go wonder y u no give her daughter in law d thing!!
Gosh'ss sake, just put a ring on it.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by idrezee(m): 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
How much ring's d least ring u'll appreciate?
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by jaybee3(m): 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ada Bekee: to me, d ring serves as a symbol of committment, its an evidence dat he proposed.
I wl lyk to get a ring 4rm my man, dnt knw abt others.
Evidence to who, the society?
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by jmoore(m): 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
hammedkola: It's like buying a land without C of O grin grin grin

And wedding ring is? smh
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Raymonbell(m): 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
European mentality, i don't know when Africans will start thinking straight.

Abeg ring has nothing to do with sincerity it's just a piece of iron.
better ask ur parent if they use ring during there own day.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Eberex(m): 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
You knw,whenever i'm having a bad day, all i have to do to laugh .....not smile mind you, is to read comments from nairaland. You guys are fucking comedians! Lol

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
anselm791: I think its the single most unimportant thing in marriage! I might understand paying your family for your hand, but paying you such amount in the name of ring? Truth is if you value our love more than that object, it wouldn't be such a big deal. In fact I plan to propose without one.

Guy, I take lipsrsealed name beg u! Don't do it bro! Don't

U say u love her. And would probably want to c her happy! Just use d ring! It comes with an inner joy I tell ya!! U got no idea how it feels! Its almost like orgas.m

Do not deprive her ejoo ni tori lipsrsealed
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Eberex(m): 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
jmoore:

And wedding ring is? smh

Seriously, a ring shows seriosness and commitment. Haba! If you cannot take te time and stress to find a ring that fits your spouse finger,i wonder what other way you can prove to be serious?
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
Danhumprey: And is that a guarantee that none of the party would cheat on the other? Is that a guarantee that the marriage would last? Learn to think long-term,not short-term! Think of the future of your relationship not about proposing with a ring or not!

Please where did anybody say that with ring, there won't be cheating?. Are talking of this thread or another one?. Ring or no ring, people will cheat. Married or not married, people will cheat. Thinking of long-term or short-term won't stop people from cheating. Proposing with a ring has nothing to do with cheating. And I'm thinking of a long term relationship that's why I'm gonna engage my future wifey with a ring cos it's gonna be for better or for worse undecided
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Rummenigge(m): 4:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
I plan to propose without a ring when the time comes. I'm not Lord Of The Rings. Lol
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by jaybee3(m): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hornyboo0bz:

Guy, I take lipsrsealed name beg u! Don't do it bro! Don't

U say u love her. And would probably want to c her happy! Just use d ring! It comes with an inner joy I tell ya!! U got no idea how it feels! Its almost like orgas.m

Do not deprive her ejoo ni tori lipsrsealed
You joking right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? / Jude: The Worst Decision I Ever Made / 10 Ways To Become The Real Alpha Male

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.