Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Marriage Proposal Without A Ring - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal Without A Ring (25537 Views)

This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by idrezee(m): 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
anitank: Even if he proposes with a ring, I just won't wear it till we r ready to head to the alter.

What's the point flaunting an engagement ring, chasing away other suitors and then the wedding eventually doesn't take place

..........and I tot I v seen dem all #shocked# someone u luv propose wit a ring and u'll keep it under ur bed incase it'll drive oda suitors away, goodness! It means u'll b accommodating oda suitors even after u v said YES 2 his proposal den, dats bad and u know it. Why'll u even collect a ring from somebody u doubt will marry u? "The ring'll chase away other suitors" a grown woman just wrote dat. M not better dan u but pls change, dats 2 bad. God pls help me and my fwendz not 2 fall into wrong hands.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by jmoore(m): 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
Eberex:

Seriously, a ring shows seriosness and commitment. Haba! If you cannot take te time and stress to find a ring that fits your spouse finger,i wonder what other way you can prove to be serious?

Is it necessary? NO! NO!

It is a personal choice.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by bank2k4real(m): 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Still following sha....will choose which to do at the end of the thread.....

Check my signature
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by obi123: 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2013
there is no status quo to anything, i think what is important is that you do what is within your abilities and that you fulfill absolutely everything that you are promising by proposing to another man's pikin .
i think i'd rather get a sincere proposal without a ring than a pink diamond ring with a 4 string quartet accompanying the most elaborate proposal ever known to man.
if there is a ring fine, if there is no ring fine during the proposal .Although a wedding ring is a must because it is part of the wedding ceremony and it is a sign of love and an indication to all that both parties are married.
"take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit"
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
jay bee:
You joking right?

No I'm not cheesy!
Its really a gr8 feeling
Y do u tink we shed tears @dat special moment
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by SailorXY: 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
If as a female ur bf whom you've been dating seriously proposes to you without ring, turn him down cuz of a ring alright...
Maybe someday you'll end up married to a ring undecided
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by bukatyne(f): 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

I can't believe this man proposed without a ring. Who does that?

Every woman deserves to have an engagement ring. If he can't afford it, he shouldn't be thinking of marriage in the first place.

Sweetheart, my advice to you is, call it off and tell him you want a ring & if he won't give you one, go find another man who will have enough love and respect for you to give you one.

Him not having a ring is NOT a good sign. Just think of all the other things he will disregard once you guys are married. RUN while you can!

I beg to disagree that lack of a ring during proposal means the marriage is doomed to fail. Ring doesn't signify love and respect else no married man will cheat on his wife.

The most important thing is the sincerity of the man towards the lady and vice versa.

The ring is just an accessory. I am sure we know several people who did not propose with a ring and their marriage was/is blissful.

@OP:

Your concern should be his character and vision. if you are in need of one, you can air your concerns to him

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by bukatyne(f): 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

Bride Price is tradition. It's something that has been done for years by our ancestors. Why are you trying to twist things? All this because of a mere engagement ring?!

Is this a sick joke? I can't believe we're even having this conversation. How in the world can you as a man ask for a woman's hand in marriage without a ring & feel good/okay with it? That's just crazy!

I refuse to believe I'm talking to grown men. You lot must be teenagers. I'm in complete disbelief.

A MAN does not run away from responsibility. A boy? Yes. But not a MAN!

So ring = responsible?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by EyeKandy(f): 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
obailala: If a guy isn't sure of the EXACT type of ring his girl wants, is it okay to propose with a MAKESHIFT ring (anything which could signify a ring) and then later take her to the jeweler to select her dream ring??

Yes. Its perfectly okay.
I had to exchange the ring because it wasn't my style. I said it in a nice way, "they cheated you with the price of this ring. We can get higher carats for this same price". We got to the store and I chose the style in my dreams. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by EyeKandy(f): 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
@ Topic: Yes, please. The ring can come afterwards with a dinner, etc. A man may need to save up for the ring (depending on what he can afford, your taste and lifestyle).
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by choix007(m): 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
Can you tell the 21st century babe that you will be proposing to her without a ring? She will be like "whaaaaaaat-a-Bleep".....

I understand vividly, that men marry with plastic rings in some western countries then buy the actual rings later during marriage anniversaries.

All in all, its normal to use a ring to propose, its a significant symbol dat shows ur intent
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by choix007(m): 5:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
Funny enough, I was online earlier today shopping for a cute engagement ring for my future bride.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by ngdude(m): 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
Aint puttin a damn ring until iv paid her damn bride price.

Some ladies r foolish. U prefer a ring wen u can clearly see dat d future is bleak.

SMH

Intro is family affairs n more honorable.

D proposal tin is more or less 1 of dos bullshit to tie a girl down.

#peace#

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by anitank(f): 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
idrezee: ..........and I tot I v seen dem all #shocked# someone u luv propose wit a ring and u'll keep it under ur bed incase it'll drive oda suitors away, goodness! It means u'll b accommodating oda suitors even after u v said YES 2 his proposal den, dats bad and u know it. Why'll u even collect a ring from somebody u doubt will marry u? "The ring'll chase away other suitors" a grown woman just wrote dat. M not better dan u but pls change, dats 2 bad. God pls help me and my fwendz not 2 fall into wrong hands.
Don't misquote me.

I didn't say I won't marry him, that's every woman's dream, to marry someone they love. But what if in the course of the supposed "engagement" something happens and you both eventually don't get married? What happens? Who will the shame be upon? Of course it would be easy for you to ask "what could possibly go wrong?", but I tell you i've seen and heard a lot of things happening to our young girls all because they won't make use of their stupi..d brains.

Look around, the most serious relationships don't propose with a ring, heck...they don't even have to propose at all because they both already know where they are headed.

Giving u an engagement ring is not a guarantee that he would eventually get married to you, no matter how much you think he loves you until he has done the necessary introduction and marital rites. There is plenty of time to wear a ring after u say "I do" whether in court, in a church or under the tree . Ladies be guided!
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
There has to be a ring. Diamond preferably
If he can't afford diamond, you can manage gold.
Don't take any less.
Don't settle for less than you're worth.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
Correct dude
choix007: Funny enough, I was online earlier today shopping for a cute engagement ring for my future bride.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by ladygogo: 5:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
Well. you can be engaged with a ring for 10 years without even doing proper introduction(two families meeting), and without a ring and get married in six months. hehehehe! Which would you prefer? The ring doesnt mean squat. Cheating spouses are enough evidence. undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by zeb04(f): 5:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
I don't gerrit if u r serz enuf to propose shldnt u b serz likwise 2 get a ring. Nd there is smtin about the ring dat indicates dat she is ur woman,ur own. @op I wld prefer u jst settle it in ur hrt dat u both r stil bf nd gf if he wants 2 engage a woman lik a real man,he knws wat 2 do btw hw much is an engagement ring
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Moukafoam(f): 5:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
gcfr.com:

Agreed its just a ring.
But proposing to a girl for marriage, is not something you do everyday, you plan for it. Its smetn special, that God willing, you won't ve d opportunity to do it again. So it doesn't make any sense not getting a ring. I mean how much will it cost?
IMO proposing w/o a ring is not a proposal... If not their won't be a need for wedding rings.

Please where is it written in the Koran or Bible that a man must propose to a girl with a ring? undecided

After all you will hide the ring if a better suitor comes around tongue
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Moukafoam(f): 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
ngdude: Aint puttin a damn ring until iv paid her damn bride price.

Some ladies r foolish. U prefer a ring wen u can clearly see dat d future is bleak.

SMH

Intro is family affairs n more honorable.

D proposal tin is more or less 1 of dos bullshit to tie a girl down.

#peace#

True talk my dear* wink
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by anselm791(m): 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hornyboo0bz:

Guy, I take lipsrsealed name beg u! Don't do it bro! Don't

U say u love her. And would probably want to c her happy! Just use d ring! It comes with an inner joy I tell ya!! U got no idea how it feels! Its almost like orgas.m

Do not deprive her ejoo ni tori lipsrsealed

Why should I owe a bank for 'almost like orgas.m' when I can give her a 'real orgas.m' for free? Lol. I see your point sha, if money plenty, I go arrange, if not, there are more important things.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by anitank(f): 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
lady gogo: Well. you can be engaged with a ring for 10 years without even doing proper introduction(two families meeting), and without a ring and get married in six months. hehehehe! Which would you prefer? The ring doesnt mean squat. Cheating spouses are enough evidence. undecided
Thanks my lady kiss
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 5:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
Is like securing university admission without admission letter
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Danhumprey: 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2013

And you decided to rant because of this.
Not surprised coming from a girl who posted this topic below

Make your point without insulting.

A man pays more than 300,000 Naira for bride price and items on the list and buys a brand new car for his wife.
How dare you judge him because he did not give her an engagement ring before marriage? smh

Don't mind her ! Take a look at her d.p. And u would be able to understand her obsession with ring. Hear what she. She is even saying that the ring shouldn't be less than $15k. What do you think of gals like her? They are leeches. angry
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by anselm791(m): 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
lorretta u: There has to be a ring. Diamond preferably
Don't take any less.

I'd like to think you're worth more than precious stones and expensive objects, but if you insist though, I can pay for you like I paid for my car and change when the latest one come in store.
This is already building a marriage on a sand, stones and other unimportant things, e no go last.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by ladygogo: 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
anitank:
Thanks my lady kiss

You are welcome. you are one of the smart ones..lol
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by ladygogo: 6:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
Besides the engagement ring construct was conceived by the diamond industry- De beers precisely, where the man is expected to spend three months of his annual salary on the ring. Seriousy? So if he isnt able to do that then it means he doesnt love the lady enough. lol.

In fact, the entire diamond industry is a farce. Try re-selling a diamond for starters, and see if the same store you got it from will buy it from you. You all should keep making the De beers family rich.lol Their 15th genereation can never be poor again. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
anselm791:

Why should I owe a bank for 'almost like orgas.m' when I can give her a 'real orgas.m' for free? Lol. I see your point sha, if money plenty, I go arrange, if not, there are more important things.

Good! If u can't afford it! Dnt break ur account cheesy but its for those who can yet they just have to form 1thing or d other!!
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by jaybee3(m): 6:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
lorretta u: There has to be a ring. Diamond preferably
Don't take any less.
Chei lolly don kill me oh
I never knew you were quantifiable

What do i know, thought your love was priceless.
Have you ever actually researched on when this whole bruhaha about diamond being a girl's bestie started.
So you know, it was a clever marketing done by de beers eons ago
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

I can't believe this man proposed without a ring. Who does that?

Every woman deserves to have an engagement ring. If he can't afford it, he shouldn't be thinking of marriage in the first place.

Sweetheart, my advice to you is, call it off and tell him you want a ring & if he won't give you one, go find another man who will have enough love and respect for you to give you one.

Him not having a ring is NOT a good sign. Just think of all the other things he will disregard once you guys are married. RUN while you can!
*shocked* call it off??.... I guess you dnt know that men are scarce in town nw.... Call it off nd spend another 20yrs searching for someone who ll marry you.... I can bet that 40% of today's men are not willing to marry.... 40% are married... While 20% are searching... Xo, itz better you cling on to the guy very either he gave you ring or not... Provided he didnt use you as "use and dump"
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by therealMcCain: 6:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
our parents did & experienced the following
1.no engagement ring
2.in some cases, no white wedding
3.had premarital sex
4.our mothers did a lot of cooking, washing etc before marriage
5.our mothers endured a lot of crap from our fathers before marriage, this includes serious beatings, verbal assault kissing the bottom of inlaws etc

What was the result, long lasting marriage (20yrs above)

I know there are exceptions

Today we are clamoring for
1.engagement ring
2.bachelor party
3.court wedding
4.NO premarital sex
5.No going over to the guys house to cook, wash etc
6. if a guys hits u in courtship or relationship(walk out) etc

Where has it landed us

DIVORCE LEFT RIGHT & CENTER

pls keep clamoring for engagement, it's a sign of seriousness my foot

Married ladies are taking off their WEDDING RINGS in Nysc camp

Married men are committing adultery with their WEDDINGS RINGS on

you're equating engagement ring with seriousness or love, SMH
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ring my foot.... Even if the dowry list is too expensive then guys ll have to port..... Thatz y dey cheat on igbo girlz(expensive dowries)...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Wofai Fada Hot In "Wonder Woman" Themed Bikini / Kim Kadashian, Goes Viral On Unclad Photo’s, Even After 3 Kid’s / Dear Women, Can You Endure 45 Minutes Of Thrusting During Sexual Intercourse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.