Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year (15795 Views)

Rerun Elections Held On Sat.into The Four State Constituencies In AKS Won By PDP / El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions / The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
I doesn't Fg sell off itself angry
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by horchukoh(m): 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
Due to crude oil theft
jp philips:

production dropped from 2.5mbbd to 1.99bbd this country is a waste, oil price is not 77usdpb
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by jpphilips(m): 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
horchukoh: Due to crude oil theft

we should clap for jonathan abi?
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by oluwashaddow(m): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
I will prefer we do ppp instead of total privatization, it has done more harm dan good to us in d past,cos ppp will give us d opportunity to have a say n also control d domestic price of d products so dat our people won't suffer.......but come to think of it,didn't dis people promise us more refineries?

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by IGBOSON1: 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
Jabioro: It is better 4 d govt 2 do away wt dis moribond facilities,dat has kept on draining d nations pocket.l think it wud function beta wt private hand handling in a professionally.

^^^Precisely! Just as we see with the NLNG company that's a success story.

Does anyone know about NAFCON Onne? They aren't in the news any more; is the company still producing fertiliser?
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by ucyoma(m): 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
PocketEconomist: Are you sure? That's the best thing to do. Privatisation is the wax to go. Let me educate you. If me and you use our hard earned money to buy the refinery, wouldn't you do your best to manage your property so that you keep making profit? That's the idea.
not only dat, employment will b created, d refineries will work at full capacity in private hands, reduce importation of oil thereby making our balance of payment more favourable
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by horchukoh(m): 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Oil refinery is too small whatelse do you want for your byeday?
Merkki: Great news. The birthday gift I've been expecting! Who will buy me a refinery as a birthday gift?
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by biltem: 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mariojane: May God guide d leaders to do the right and the best tins for d nation

amen, amen, amen!!!
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by oluwashaddow(m): 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
Elantracey: This man wants to sell nigeria and we re just watching...smh for dis country
anybody wey abuse u,na because dem like u ooooo
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by horchukoh(m): 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
Never sincerely speaking am still wondering that he his our president.Smh
jp philips:

we should clap for jonathan abi?
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Metallurgist: 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
horchukoh: 1 barrell of crude oil =77usd and we are producing 1.99million barrels per day someone should help me do the arithmetic and tell me how much we make from crude oil annually.Tha[color=#006600][/color]nks
for over a year and half one barrel of crude has surpasses 100 USD to be exact 9ja oil is 115 USD per barrel
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by gregg2: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
Long overdue
Yar'Adua was ill advised to reverse an earlier privatization of these drainpipes

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Lilimax(f): 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
Black Peni5: I believe Dangote is going to buy at least one of them....
Dangote bought one of the refineries during OBJ regime when they attempted to privatize them.
However, the late Yar'adua cancelled the privatization process and his money was refunded.
I may not see him bidding for it this time aroundundecided?
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Dim007(m): 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
tbagjames: hw much does it cost. i want to buy one for my mother in-law

why not buy four?
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
PocketEconomist: Are you sure? That's the best thing to do. Privatisation is the wax to go. Let me educate you. If me and you use our hard earned money to buy the refinery, wouldn't you do your best to manage your property so that you keep making profit? That's the idea.
well ah dont tink so ...just ma view...let's see d outcome
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by taiwoliu(m): 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2013
Merkki: Great news. The birthday gift I've been expecting! Who will buy me a refinery as a birthday gift?
jamb question type q numbe 15 smiley
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2013
GbagaunDetector:

Chai miss you o.

Sorry, there's no better way to put it.
ah tink u lack understandin
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Merkki(f): 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2013
horchukoh: Oil refinery is too small whatelse do you want for your byeday?
i want to buy Aso Villa, destroy the buildings and erect gold-plated toilet all over. cheesy Then I want the right ear of GEJ.
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by oasis01(m): 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
One day,the FG itself'll be sold,
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
Elantracey: well ah dont tink so ...just ma view...let's see d outcome
okay. You would be right ONLY if the refineries are sold to political criminals who don't make legal money. But if sold to businessmen like Dangote, do you think he would throw away his money? He will try to make the refinery efficient to make profit.
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by DaLover(m): 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
Greatpooss: Very soon, all ministries and government agencies will be privatised in the name of efficiency. I hope Dangote will be able to acquire the majority.
Whats this sarcastic statements for? Are ministries businesses?
Any agency into business should be privatised
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
IF U ARE SELLING, PLS NEVA SELL IT TO D ASIANS!!!!
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by simpleseyi: 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
Yes, it is very good. Jonathan sold PHCN Ikeja Distribution Company to Obasanjo and sold Eko and Ibadan Distribution Companies to Abdulsalam, How much did Obasanjo and Abdulsalam earn thtoughout their military years and even as presidents to be able to afford to buy PHCN? Now Jonathan wants to sell Refineries to IBB, T Y Danjuma, Edin Clark, Atiku Abubakar and others, so that Nigerians will be left with nothing. Please when are they privatizing the air we breadth so that it will be properly managed by the "private investors" ? God is watching everyone on a 5D television.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Csami(m): 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
Dem no go like sell universities too? Incompetence on the rise.
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
PocketEconomist: okay. You would be right ONLY if the refineries are sold to political criminals who don't make legal money. But if sold to businessmen like Dangote, do you think he would throw away his money? He will try to make the refinery efficient to make profit.
ah know he wouldn't but he will want make profit as well moreover wat happened to d subsidy removed cant d fg use it to re-establish dis refineries n make it work 4 gud ah tell u nigeria will gain more instead of privatizin it. U were only able to name dangote,wat of others..we shouldn't just look at it presently we should look at d future also

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by quagmire: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
good one from the FG. I've always believed in the government of the day.
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by horchukoh(m): 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2013
Merkki:
i want to buy Aso Villa, destroy the buildings and erect gold-plated toilet all over. cheesy Then I want the right ear of GEJ.
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by femmy2010(m): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
;DHope they won't be sold at a price lower than cost of a turn around maintenance I anticipate they would embark on a few months before it is sold.
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by neocentric(m): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Precisely! Just as we see with the NLNG company that's a success story.

Does anyone know about NAFCON Onne? They aren't in the news any more; is the company still producing fertiliser?

I believe it was sold to Notore
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by idnole4(m): 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
simpleseyi: Yes, it is very good. Jonathan sold PHCN Ikeja Distribution Company to Obasanjo and sold Eko and Ibadan Distribution Companies to Abdulsalam, How much did Obasanjo and Abdulsalam earn thtoughout their military years and even as presidents to be able to afford to buy PHCN? Now Jonathan wants to sell Refineries to IBB, T Y Danjuma, Edin Clark, Atiku Abubakar and others, so that Nigerians will be left with nothing. Please when are they privatizing the air we breadth so that it will be properly managed by the "private investors" ? God is watching everyone on a 5D television.
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by DaLover(m): 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2013
oluwashaddow: I will prefer we do ppp instead of total privatization, it has done more harm dan good to us in d past,cos ppp will give us d opportunity to have a say n also control d domestic price of d products so dat our people won't suffer.......but come to think of it,didn't dis people promise us more refineries?

Please kindly give examples of where a successfully privatised entity has given more problems than a govt run or PPP run entity?
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Emytexboy(m): 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

With You By My Side, I’m Ready For The Next 4 Years –VP Yemi Osinbajo Tells Wife / FG Extends Suspension Of New Electricity Tariff By 1 Week / 2023: I Don't Need To Be Strong Like Ronaldo To Lead Nigeria - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.