Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year (15793 Views)

Rerun Elections Held On Sat.into The Four State Constituencies In AKS Won By PDP / El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions / The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by moscobabs(m): 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
very soon FG will sell Aso rock
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by DaLover(m): 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
Lilimax:
Dangote bought one of the refineries during OBJ regime when they attempted to privatize them.
However, the late Yar'adua cancelled the privatization process and his money was refunded.
I may not see him bidding for it this time aroundundecided?

If the privatisation process is as transparent as the one done for the power process, then I believe he will participate....petroleum downstream sectior are a major concern to him and his business, he wouldn want to be left out....
as you know...GEJ will always deliver a transparent bidding process
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by kobikwelu(m): 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
Though selling off our national assets of strategic importance is not my preferred option,

For now, i think it is the lesser of other evils.....

My concern is that these refineries should not all go to folks in the same Geographical part of the country...

this is to prevent a scenario in which these men may collude (maybe for political reasons) to hold the country hostage
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by DaLover(m): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
simpleseyi: Yes, it is very good. Jonathan sold PHCN Ikeja Distribution Company to Obasanjo and sold Eko and Ibadan Distribution Companies to Abdulsalam, How much did Obasanjo and Abdulsalam earn thtoughout their military years and even as presidents to be able to afford to buy PHCN? Now Jonathan wants to sell Refineries to IBB, T Y Danjuma, Edin Clark, Atiku Abubakar and others, so that Nigerians will be left with nothing. Please when are they privatizing the air we breadth so that it will be properly managed by the "private investors" ? God is watching everyone on a 5D television.
Kool down...the privatisation process is transparent...
IBB, OBJ and co did not buy those firms outright...they are in partnerships..especially with forign financiers....

If you have the right acument to get these patnerships and backers, you can bid too
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by DaLover(m): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
Elantracey: ah know he wouldn't but he will want make profit as well moreover wat happened to d subsidy removed cant d fg use it to re-establish dis refineries n make it work 4 gud ah tell u nigeria will gain more instead of privatizin it. U were only able to name dangote,wat of others..we shouldn't just look at it presently we should look at d future also

Please stop living in the past....privatisation is a must!
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by DaLover(m): 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2013
femmy2010: ;DHope they won't be sold at a price lower than cost of a turn around maintenance I anticipate they would embark on a few months before it is sold.

In an open bidding process...a lower bench mark price is set... if no bidder is willing to pay higher then a certain value, then that is roughly the market price...
why are people here behaving as if they dont know what bidding is about?
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
Leadn: Dangote might get one... who knows?!

In other news...

Pilot puts scare into passangers! Panicks: Screams "we're going down"
http://xtremegists.com/we-are-going-down-pilot-puts-fear-in-passengers/
Dia anyi gote (Dangote).
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by DaLover(m): 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
kobikwelu: Though selling off our national assets of strategic importance is not my preferred option,

For now, i think it is the lesser of other evils.....

My concern is that these refineries should not all go to folks in the same Geographical part of the country...

this is to prevent a scenario in which these men may collude (maybe for political reasons) to hold the country hostage

Luckily we have the on going power privatisation program to refer too, no single ethnic group in nigeria has the power to buy all the rerfineries...
secondly...how are refinaries national assets of strategic importance?
Refineries many places in the world are owned by private people
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
DaLover:

Please stop living in the past....privatisation is a must!
start tinkin about 2moro u really need to
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by DaLover(m): 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
Elantracey: start tinkin about 2moro u really need to
Please expanciate?
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by adino(m): 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
neocentric:

I believe it was sold to Notore
I hope they are not running it notoriously.
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by nairaner(m): 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Black Peni5: I believe Dangote is going to buy at least one of them....

http://www.thisdayonline.com/

Nope, Dangote will get at least 2. One directly through Dangote group and then other through a proxy. The guy fully saw this coming through his high profile insider info.
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Mubby4luv(m): 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
GenBuhari: I doesn't Fg sell off itself angry
See this one. RIP english
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by AGBORMAN1(m): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
GenBuhari: I doesn't Fg sell off itself angry

Who Will Buy Negative Equity ?
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
So next year we will witnessing anoda Labour Union/FG roforofo fights like being witnessed in d PHCN privatisation now
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Okaka27(m): 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
Oya how much??
Abeg 50k last price, country hard na grin
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Imagod(m): 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
Princess2be: Oil money is lazy man's money.
It's not a prerequisite for progress and development.
Ask Germany, Japan, China or India.
you obviously haven't been to Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait.
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by akandea(m): 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
GbagaunDetector:

Chai miss you dull o.

Sorry, there's no better way to put it.

Oga be sincere with yourself. can you say this government is synonymous with transparency?
What has happen to the other sectors privatized?
Trust can only be earned not stolen!
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by kobikwelu(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
Luckily we have the on going power privatisation program to refer too, no single ethnic group in nigeria has the power to buy all the rerfineries...
secondly...how are refinaries national assets of strategic importance?
Refineries many places in the world are owned by private people

how can you say the boldened??

okay..let me explain.....

Lets say in a country that has 20 refineries...one day these refineries decide to shutdown...what will be the effect on the country?
IT WILL BE UTTER CHAOS...

And in a place like Nigeria (even though we import more petrol than we refine locally) where basically all spheres of life depends on petrol...think of the effect....

Basically, NEPA, OUR REFINERIES....are our own strategic assets of National importance...

Another case..lets say in a war between two countries.....what are the major targets during the initial campaign?...REFINERIES, POWERSUPPLY, FOOD RESERVES...etc..
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by sgsltd(m): 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
We need to privatise our polictis fast things are getting out of hand may be it will be manageable like telecom
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by desosa(m): 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
Princess2be: Oil money is lazy man's money.
It's not a prerequisite for progress and development.
Ask Germany, Japan, China or India.

Ok, I tink u shuld talk to UAE
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
simpleseyi: Yes, it is very good. Jonathan sold PHCN Ikeja Distribution Company to Obasanjo and sold Eko and Ibadan Distribution Companies to Abdulsalam, How much did Obasanjo and Abdulsalam earn thtoughout their military years and even as presidents to be able to afford to buy PHCN? Now Jonathan wants to sell Refineries to IBB, T Y Danjuma, Edin Clark, Atiku Abubakar and others, so that Nigerians will be left with nothing. Please when are they privatizing the air we breadth so that it will be properly managed by the "private investors" ? God is watching everyone on a 5D television.

The DISCOs and GENCOs were bought by investors through finance from Investment Banks like FBN Capital, UBA Capital, etc.
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by wEsOmE(m): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
Wont be suprised wen next I hear FG wana sell some states... Or we wana privatise our government... Idiats
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by adtiezy1(m): 3:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
Merkki: Great news. The birthday gift I've been expecting! Who will buy me a refinery as a birthday gift?
tell your daddy naw..am sure he has already booked one or two for you undecided undecided undecided
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Enosa1(m): 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
tbagjames: hw much does it cost. i want to buy one for my mother in-law

once you get the cost, inform me cause i'm interested in the port-harcourt refinery
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by carluva(m): 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
I deff knew ds was gonna happen soonest wen news about Dangote wanting to build a Refinery in Ondo state or thereabout emerged, mehhnnnn ds guyz own d government, he had gotten d info tey tey.
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
The title is misleading, the title should read "Re: FG To Sell Privatise Four State-owned Refineries Next Year"

SMH for Nigeria Journalism
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Bizibi(m): 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
That is just the best,anything run by govt shud be privatize govt is not supposed to be in Biz at all
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Iceman296: 4:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
Merkki:
i want to buy Aso Villa, destroy the buildings and erect gold-plated toilet all over. cheesy Then I want the right ear of GEJ.
Lolz, That is Wickedly Impossible!
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
How do u think we can benefit from this? Transcorp shareholders are already benefiting from phcn sale/privatisatn.
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by harizonal123(m): 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
Re: FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year by Ferdinandu(m): 4:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
Merkki: Great news. The birthday gift I've been expecting! Who will buy me a refinery as a birthday gift?
Baby don't worry i will buy 2 refineries for u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"We Are Concerned With 2019 General Elections" - APC To Defectors / Oshiomhole: Real Reason Why I Went To The U.S / Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.