Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden (40915 Views)

A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. / Our Husband Has Gone Mad Again By Ola Rotimi, A Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by DanWrites(m): 8:10pm On Jan 01, 2014
It has ended...
Special Appreciation goes first, to my Late Grandmum...she inspired this story. I remember the times we cluster around her as she narrates the ever thrilling stories of fair maidens of the moon.
I also wish to thank my wonderful cousin, colleagues at work and female class mates that bothered to stage up those lady-to-lady conversations...(It wasnt easy for a guy to write a female-character dominated story.)

Lastly and most importantly, my heartfelt gratitude goes to my Nairaland readers, those comments and observation really made it worth the while.

THANKS YOU ALL...and I pray, as evil finally got purged out in Odu Land, no evil shall see any of you again!! AMEN!!!

1 Like

Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by DanWrites(m): 8:15pm On Jan 01, 2014
Juderejoice: My dear i cant help bt notice that ola suddenly came to knw ajulu's name even though she has neva been told d name. And also how did ugedu get the fake stone? I tot ajulu stole it from their ezenwanyi??

Other than these, wen is the tym for dancin?? I wanna shake dis jigida loaded waist cos i am so happy that evil has been eradicated for good!! grin
Moon maidens have several powers...even in this story I have not been able to explore their full potential. In the next story may be.
As to Ugedu, she is an old witch and if u can recall, she was even older than Ezenwanyi.
But how she came about the stone mystifys me too...but then she is an old witch. She probably just allowed Ajulu do some of the work for her.
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by Juderejoice(f): 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
undecidedMe I no gree oooo tell me wetin happen to madam ola and frnds ooo
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by DanWrites(m): 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
Juderejoice: undecidedMe I no gree oooo tell me wetin happen to madam ola and frnds ooo
Hahaha...the story was long enough na.
Anyways if I must tell u, moon maidens don't marry...but then Ihe has to come down herself to stop the searing desire between Ola and Onyema.
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by bigoduni: 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
[quote
author=DanWrites]
Hahaha...the story was long enough na.
Anyways if I must tell u, moon maidens don't marry...but then Ihe has
to come down herself to stop the searing desire between Ola and
Onyema.[/quote]
so dt means onyeama is probably searching for a bride to wife??

thanks
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by Queenxstar(f): 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2014
Woah! You rock Danny dear.

1 Like

Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by spicyuzo(m): 9:08pm On Jan 01, 2014
Wow......Dan.....Wow

Thank you for a job welldone....

You are indeed a seasoned writer....

I await your international recognition.....cos for me u have nothing more to prove...

U are great....
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by DanWrites(m): 9:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
Queen xstar: Woah! You rock Danny dear.

spicyuzo: Wow......Dan.....Wow
Thank you for a job welldone....
You are indeed a seasoned writer....
I await your international recognition.....cos for me u have nothing more to prove...
U are great....
Thanks a lot guys!
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by lilll: 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2014
Bravo! Bravo!! Dear. Love ur write up. I pray dat God keep d flame burnin in u. Do hv a fruitful 2014.
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by kamia(f): 9:57am On Jan 02, 2014
angryI'm enjoying this story, really can't get my eyes off it, since I saw it two days ago, but I hope boju won't mislead these people cos he's so slimy and its description reminds me of smiggle in Lord of the Rings. I'm already hating that creature...

1 Like

Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by DanWrites(m): 10:19am On Jan 02, 2014
kamia: angryI'm enjoying this story, really can't get my eyes off it, since I saw it two days ago, but I hope boju won't mislead these people cos he's so slimy and its description reminds me of smiggle in Lord of the Rings. I'm already hating that creature...

Oh Kamia...pls don't hate Boju. Boju good and Boju likes u so very much grin

1 Like

Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by DanWrites(m): 10:25am On Jan 02, 2014
lilll: Bravo! Bravo!! Dear. Love ur write up. I pray dat God keep d flame burnin in u. Do hv a fruitful 2014.
Gratitude Lilll
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by kamia(f): 11:57am On Jan 02, 2014
cry
DanWrites: Who is eager to meet the Dark Witch??
I'm deeply saddened by the passing of Ikenna... Those witches must be dealt with!
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by DanWrites(m): 1:12pm On Jan 02, 2014
kamia: cry I'm deeply saddened by the passing of Ikenna... Those witches must be dealt with!
They sure got dealt with.
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by kamia(f): 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
I got to like boju afterall, and the whole victory... Is there a part two, or should I say volume two? Cos if this is how it ended, then I'm not so pleased with it... But I must say its a very breathetaken piece! Good work Dan
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by kamia(f): 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
For a moment Dan, I was beginning to think the whole story was real, and wanted it to continue each day, I was taken unawares when it ended abruptly, but you know what? I think I'll conclude this story in my head... wink
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by DanWrites(m): 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
kamia: For a moment Dan, I was beginning to think the whole story was real, and wanted it to continue each day, I was taken unawares when it ended abruptly, but you know what? I think I'll conclude this story in my head... wink
There sure is a continuation...
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by VigorousV(f): 4:52pm On Jan 02, 2014
Wow wow wow oh Dan dis is wat i wud cal AWESOME ......DAN tanx so much 4 dis MARVELOUS story nd i cnt wait 2 read anoda of ur wondafu stories.....nd cm 2 tink of it i tot i 2ld u My beautiful Ola must mari My handsum Onyema so wat hapened na....*waitin patiently 4 ur ansa*
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by DanWrites(m): 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
Vigorous V: Wow wow wow oh Dan dis is wat i wud cal AWESOME ......DAN tanx so much 4 dis MARVELOUS story nd i cnt wait 2 read anoda of ur wondafu stories.....nd cm 2 tink of it i tot i 2ld u My beautiful Ola must mari My handsum Onyema so wat hapened na....*waitin patiently 4 ur ansa*
Hahaha...VV, a moon maiden getting married is not that easy. But it nothing is impossible when hearts are true.
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by lindybest(f): 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2014
FINALLY!!....this was a wonderful piece@Dan...can't wait though 4 d continuation...when should we xpect it
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by DanWrites(m): 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2014
lindybest: FINALLY!!....this was a wonderful piece@Dan...can't wait though 4 d continuation...when should we xpect it
Still working on it Lindy. I like to take my time. But I can tell you its tough...especially the part where Ola has to challenge the mighty Goddess herself.
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by jjagz: 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
Dan, I last commented as you just started the tale. I was kinda cut off from connectivity, boy am I glad, I won't have been able to stand the suspense. Good work bro. Just ebook this s#!t abeg and quick with the second book of the trilogy(it has to be biko) . Well done.

1 Like

Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by DanWrites(m): 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2014
jjagz: Dan, I last commented as you just started the tale. I was kinda cut off from connectivity, boy am I glad, I won't have been able to stand the suspense. Good work bro. Just ebook this s#!t abeg and quick with the second book of the trilogy(it has to be biko) . Well done.

Tnks a lot jagz...considering that.
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by VigorousV(f): 11:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
DanWrites:
Still working on it Lindy. I like to take my time. But I can tell you its tough...especially the part where Ola has to challenge the mighty Goddess herself.
am curious pls b fast o bt y wil Ola chalenge d goddess
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by VigorousV(f): 11:52pm On Jan 02, 2014
Patiently waitin o bt wen ar we to expect it
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by DanWrites(m): 6:34am On Jan 03, 2014
Vigorous V:
am curious pls b fast o bt y wil Ola chalenge d goddess
It was her rule that moon maidens of Odu do not marry.
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by VigorousV(f): 10:52am On Jan 03, 2014
DanWrites:
It was her rule that moon maidens of Odu do not marry.
den she did d ryt tin 2 chalenge ha....bt Dan abeg giv ha powa so dat she wil nt fail...bt wen ar we 2 expect it
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by bejeria101(m): 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
Oga pls dnt look for error,you are doing an amazing job,more ink to you pen
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by DanWrites(m): 11:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
bejeria101: Oga pls dnt look for error,you are doing an amazing job,more ink to you pen
Thanks Bejeria.
Vigorous V:
den she did d ryt tin 2 chalenge ha....bt Dan abeg giv ha powa so dat she wil nt fail...bt wen ar we 2 expect it
In no time VV...
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by Obinnau(m): 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
Happy that it made fp?

1 Like

Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by DanWrites(m): 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
Obinnau: Happy that it made fp?
Elated. One keg of wine for you.
Re: OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden by DanWrites(m): 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
Finally on FP...
Thanks for all the endorsements guys..I remain humble.

New readers pls comment as you read.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Popular Works Of African Poets. / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / My Short Drama Script- Paranoia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.