Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:15 PM

Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians (24701 Views)

Mbeki, Muazu, IBB, Abdulsalam Abubakar Pose For The Camera (photo) / Buhari With Thabo Mbeki And Abdulsalam Abubakar (photo) / Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by AdemolaA2: 10:27am On Nov 25, 2013
Mr Thabo Mbeki is very right .although , protest similar to Arab spring had once happened in Nigeria and that was in January 2012 ;Occupy Nigeria protest, the fuel subsidy protest.WE are too scared to die and everyone wants to go to heaven unfortunately( see tuface's lyrics). There has to be more educational programs that would teach Nigerians and Nigerians in diaspora the benefit of mass protest , cyber protest and all kinds of peaceful protests against totalitarian capitalist government we have now in naija.God bless Nigeria !!!
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by slightlyMad(f): 10:31am On Nov 25, 2013
A president who takes to google adwords with the phrase "GEJ is working", same way Jumia and Konga runs advert
to advertise.

A president who recruits and pay youths to go on every social media including Nairaland to paint his fraudulent government in good light and defend his governance

A president who went on National TV with a careless phrase like "I dont give a damn" in a democratic system

A president who says he now has information on the sponsors of Boko Haram and did nothing

A president who negotiates with terrorists (No part of the world does this cos they are what they are, Terrorists. They will not change, and a leader should know this)

A president who kept a corrupt Aviation minister in office, even when she is being investigated. (a woman who should be relieved of her job first so that she will not be able to influence investigation)

A president who eats 1Billion naira meal when more than half the country's population are not sure of what to eat.

He is not my president and cant wait vote him out of office.

10 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by mickyarams: 10:32am On Nov 25, 2013
Whilst I think Nigeria has serious problems, Mr mbeki should shut up and look at his own country which has one of the highest crime rates in the world due to poverty among the blacks. There are still places in South Africa where blacks are not allowed in their own land, you guys should look up on Kleinfontein . Was it not in South Africa last year that the police opened fire on black workers working in mines owned by the whites because they want a wage review.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by ilaugh1: 10:33am On Nov 25, 2013
kingoflag: Thats the problem with you clowns like I said---- ure so deceitful and hate the truth u don't mind lying to outsiders,as well as urselves.

Tribalism? Because I spoke the truth? Are Igbos not vocally 100% behind this thieving govt? Were Northerners not behind Yar Adua? Ok, then. Is any Northerner crying over my truthful allegation? So, why do u choose to cry at the truth?

You ask about OBJs tenure. Well, pardna, I didn't give 2 fuxcks about Nigerian affairs back then,but from the little I've read his fellow Yorubas were his biggest antagonists while he garnered much of his support from the North and part of the East because he gave their "sons" and "daughters" juicy posts in his govt.

You need to be stoned to death.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Okijajuju1(m): 10:35am On Nov 25, 2013
@ Mbekis comment..... GBAM!!!!
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 25, 2013
U dnt shoot urself on d foot and still expect to run. D problem is not even d leaders, d problems is d people. Is there any city where d past, present and future leaders are drawn 4rm? They live within us! It's d mentality of Nigerians and the leaders are Nigerians! In my skul, a lecturer would not come 4 lectures 4 upto 3times in a whole semester, yet he collects sorting 4rm students! Try 2 report him and u'll end up paintin urself with carry-overs. Not 4rm him cos it'll be suspicious, but 4rm his brothers in crime. Take him 2 VC, he goes and buy VC drinks and call u a confused boy/girl, frustrate u until ur eventual removal 4rm skul. Tell me, is it me dat my dad either taps palm wine, sells okrika, my mum fries akara, sells garri and give me all 2 try pay my way out of skul dat would go and fight 4 change n get dropped out and cause my poor parents hypertension dat will lead 2 their sudden death? That is why it's hard 4 nigerians 2 go all out 4 protest!

9 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Ukutsgp(m): 10:38am On Nov 25, 2013
Tribalism is really killing Nigeria o
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by BB013(m): 10:39am On Nov 25, 2013
One mumu will come here nd write " fresh air Till 2019" u heard this from me..

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by DIVINE78: 10:42am On Nov 25, 2013
I'm still waiting for the first person that will call Mbeki an APC apologist.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Flygeriansteve: 10:44am On Nov 25, 2013
Ngwakwe: What have you done to resist corruption?

What price have you paid to change the status quo?

What comes first in your life: Self against Merit or the reverse?

What is your meaning of Success: Wealth by any means or Average Lifestyle with Integrity intact?

Do you accept gratification to do the work you are contracted?

Can you resign or accept to suffer for upholding the truth?

Will you prefer to remain unemployed than to cut corners against better candidates?

Will you stop your journey to withstand corrupt uniform men on our highways?

Have you shared your scarce resources to sustain the persecuted?

Do you prefer to live above your means to satisfy your friends for pride's sake?

Can you testify against your Parents or Siblings during prosecution?

Let's think on these things
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Opiosko: 10:45am On Nov 25, 2013
Shut up Mbeki, u ar not better than Nigerian rulers. What did u do when u were in power...persecuting Jecob Zuma right?....yes that was what u did and it was so obvious that S A prosecutors had to drop the whole charge against him. Just shut ur trap, we know our heros in Africa and u ar not and certainly will never be among them. Abeg go clean Mandiba yansh.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Mrshroud: 10:46am On Nov 25, 2013
Tadon200:
when did tinubu contest for presidency ? abi lagos dn become nigeria? silly bigot.
and this is the problem!
You narrow your veiw of nigeria to the presidency or federal government.
Hence the Aparthy.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by BB013(m): 10:49am On Nov 25, 2013
mickyarams: Whilst I think Nigeria has serious problems, Mr mbeki should shut up and look at his own country which has one of the highest crime rates in the world due to poverty among the blacks. There are still places in South Africa where blacks are not allowed in their own land, you guys should look up on Kleinfontein . Was it not in South Africa last year that the police opened fire on black workers working in mines owned by the whites because they want a wage review.

U just a slowpoke. U part of d reason y this country is nit moving forward.
I hate pple like u I curse d day u were born.

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Reference(m): 10:50am On Nov 25, 2013
So what are our people up to here in Nigeria. North-South, East-West, Hausa-Igbo, Ijaw-Nigeria, Christian-Moslem, PDP-APC., Military-Civilian. And on and on without end.

There is nothing that unites more than two Nigerians beyond money and football. That's why we do well in both. But that's all.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by aryzgreat: 10:50am On Nov 25, 2013
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Ukutsgp(m): 10:51am On Nov 25, 2013
remark D: I was like "Huh?" when the writer was going on about Egypt and Tunisia, talkless of Libya..."if those countries' current state is what is wished upon Nigeria.... may it be upon the writer's family..." I said... and when I read up to the ramble about Oduah and the car nonsense... I knew for sure this write-up was crap and was not surprised at all to see it was oozing from that shit-hole called Punch.

They are still bleeding and frustrated that their media-campaign against Oduah came to zilch! lmao.. they can cry us river niger, who cares? Stella stays and they can goFuck themselves.

How can a human being be bitter that his lies were not bought by the public? na so oil dey confuse people so?
this is why Nigeria will continue this way. Someone has spoken the truth about this country and u are here bashing him and supporting evil. Until the likes of u leave this country, this country can never make headway. Nigerians are so tribalistic. Menn i hav to leave this country now.

2 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by LivingSoul34: 10:51am On Nov 25, 2013
In mine opinion, Nigeria is a failed project and the only way forward is to forgo fear and sentiment and allow the country to break into as many nations as possible... This may sound unpatriotic but looks to me as the only realistic way out because the present structure called Nigeria is built on insincerity, bigotry, sentiment etc which made corruption the most prosperous venture in the country today... The present Nigeria does not have a future because the destiny of every construction is determined by the structural integrity of its foundation... People fight to keep their own in positions even when its obvious that the country would not move forward with such persons in leadership... The recent/on going battle Anambra state government house as well as that Oduah saga opened my eyes the more to the fact that what we called Nigeria cannot work. I'm very sure that some of they people these regional/ethnic war-lords are forcing on Nigeria would not be accepted as leaders in their respective regions/ethnic groups... I'm sure that if regions like SS/SE become a country of its own, it would not accept somebody like GEJ as their President because their are more capable hands there but because its Nigeria and not supporting GEJ would mean loosing their chance of ruling the country they have no option than to fight for him to remain there and the same thing is applicable to other regions/ethnic groups... Its only an insane man that keeps on doing the same thing and expect a different result... If after 53 years of independence and 100 years of amalgamation a Nigerian cannot see him/herself first as Nigeria before tribe and region, then we need not waste more time... As one from a minority tribe i would have loved that Nigeria remain one but it obvious that in the next 50 years to come we would still be singing the same old song if the status quo remains... The different nations that would come out of the present Nigeria can relate and work better as neighbors ...

DISCLAIMER: I do not hate any region or ethnic group, neither do i have any particular leader in Nigeria... I only feel that the institution called Nigeria has fundamental default and needs not to continue because it cannot work.

11 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 25, 2013
Don't mind the Id iot but I don't blame them cuz we Nigerians wash our dirty linens in public every dick and harry wants to give a final verdict on Nigeria very soon Mugabe will also give his verdict... Even an American gay senator had the guts to ridicule Nigeria,a country full of pedophiles,homos and psychophats who go on molesting and shooting spree. After they go looking for terrorists in the Arab world when they have so many as citizens.
Foolish people..
No doubt that Nigeria is a filed state but the solution to our problems is in our hands!

Opiosko: Shut up Mbeki, u ar not better than Nigerian rulers. What did u do when u were in power...persecuting Jecob Zuma right?....yes that was what u did and it was so obvious that S A prosecutors had to drop the whole charge against him. Just shut ur trap, we know our heros in Africa and u ar not and certainly will never be among them. Abeg go clean Mandiba yansh.

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by gal10(f): 10:51am On Nov 25, 2013
He couldn't have said it better! Mr Mbeki 1 million likes for you! Painful but true! D truth always hurts especially when we try to push the blame!
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by emorse(m): 10:53am On Nov 25, 2013
B_B013: One mumu will come here nd write " fresh air Till 2019" u heard this from me..
You're wrong bro. We're actually a team of mumus and I'm the leader. My team mates will soon get here but before then, let me lead by example. Fresh air till... Omo, our time don dey end sha.

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Fantacy1(m): 10:54am On Nov 25, 2013
A kingdom divided among itsef cannot stand. But d Leaders and d Nigerian populace ar all pathetic. Lack attitude and ve no direction. And must certainly crash if notin is done 2 check dis ills

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Flygeriansteve: 10:55am On Nov 25, 2013
Symphony007: you can continue cause your comments and barage of name calling shows your IQ level. Nigeria has problems so does south africa. I'm a major critic of nigeria's problems but i don't need mbeki to lecturer my country on development. He should keep it to himself. What moral high ground does he have to make such comments? And what has the comments achieved? Has what he said made anything better?
But why discredit the messager and ignore the message?

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Ukutsgp(m): 10:59am On Nov 25, 2013
seedord247:

Must you be this dumb??

cant you think with your brain for once??

ASUU has been on strike for almost 5 months...

24 hours electricity is still a myth in Africa most populous Nation..

bross nor lemme continue cuz i dey vex.
dnt mind that dump head.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Okaka27(m): 11:00am On Nov 25, 2013
Nothin concern me...
All i knw be say Man Must Whack!! angry
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Amanyanabo(m): 11:00am On Nov 25, 2013
The truth is that nigerian's are not ready for change,the day we stop being stoic and begin to shun tribalism is the day we begin to move forward
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by emorse(m): 11:01am On Nov 25, 2013
Flygeriansteve: But why discredit the messager and ignore the message?
I was just about to ask the same question. The truth is, we hate the truth. The man has raised some salient points. Points we can't disprove. We're supposed to ponder and act no them but what do we do instead? We start shifting blames and calling names. We truly deserve the leaders we get.

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Malakh: 11:01am On Nov 25, 2013
This article reminds me of king Saul, they voted for him and got exactly what they voted for... The world would never know peace and equity under a democratic government
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 25, 2013
Godshand: Good morning all and pls sorry for derailing, i need information on commercial interlocking mopping/cleaning. Do PM me or respond here pls. Thanks!

Pls treat this as it's very important. Thanks!
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by ChrisGnarly: 11:02am On Nov 25, 2013
for those of us referring d prob to PDP or present government! i am nt a member of any party bt, am saying that our problem is our politicians irespective or ur party. those state or senates from other parties what ve they achieve? ve the been able to make any change? d masses ar nt helping at all. a topic like dis some stupid folks ve started calling names, party names, that will nt solve d problem, they ar all d same! we ar d cause of our problems -d masses, cos we ve failed to ask questions and say no to those idiotic policies, lutting and corruptions!
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by stagger: 11:05am On Nov 25, 2013
Which is better?

A country with a docile population OR
A country with a president that openly questioned the relationship between the HIV virus and the development of AIDS, and almost making his countrymen and women endangered species?
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Flygeriansteve: 11:05am On Nov 25, 2013
I marvel at this sort of self-delusion displayed by those attacking Mbeki's personality and ignoring what he's said. If your house is on fire and sb whose house is also burning points it out to you, will you let your family burn, waiting for that person to put out the fire in his own house? Won't you look after your own? Seriously the cliche that he comes to equity must come with clean hands is just bullcrap! If other supposedly corrupt leaders can say this much about the stink in our own yards, then maybe we're the ones who stink most.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Has Turned Governance To Nollywood —fayose / Rivers Federal Lawmakers-elect Will Support APC Consensus Candidate For Speaker / Explosion Rocks PDP Meeting In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.