Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,748 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians (24390 Views)

Mbeki, Muazu, IBB, Abdulsalam Abubakar Pose For The Camera (photo) / Buhari With Thabo Mbeki And Abdulsalam Abubakar (photo) / Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Gracyel(f): 11:40am On Nov 25, 2013
kingoflag: Thats the problem with you clowns like I said---- ure so deceitful and hate the truth u don't mind lying to outsiders,as well as urselves.

Tribalism? Because I spoke the truth? Are Igbos not vocally 100% behind this thieving govt? Were Northerners not behind Yar Adua? Ok, then. Is any Northerner crying over my truthful allegation? So, why do u choose to cry at the truth?

You ask about OBJs tenure. Well, pardna, I didn't give 2 fuxcks about Nigerian affairs back then,but from the little I've read his fellow Yorubas were his biggest antagonists while he garnered much of his support from the North and part of the East because he gave their "sons" and "daughters" juicy posts in his govt.
Small time nau, u go dey call urself 'genius'. Education doesnt necessarily mean Literacy. İlliteracy, İgnorance and Tribal hate is really killing this country. Nawa for u o!

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by AdekunleBalogun: 11:40am On Nov 25, 2013
This just emphasised my point that been tribalistic in the way we do things that concerns everybody in our country would not help anybody, just like putting religion in things that requires common sense would not help anybody. Back to issues of tribalism, been yoruba in Nigeria has not done much either for me, doesn't mean better education, doesn't mean instant job after graduation, doesn't mean better security for me and my family and its doesn't mean increase in my salary. This politicians becos of their lack of innovation and ideas that can unite us have successful created a myth in tribalism, as far as am concerned, Yoruba's, Igbo's and Hausa's all has representative in local, state, house of representative, senate and in the executives and yet in all the regions their gross under-development, which further show that leaders in this country plays on our naivety to loot and commits crime, so if anybody is found corrupt at any level in government, its the responsibility of every Nigerian to make sure such in individuals are dealt wit by relevant institutions. On the religion aspect, am a muslim, my religion forbids me from stealing, adultery, killing and so on and I don't need to read the bible to know what it says but what still surprises me is how some people want their religion to be given more relevant than the others. Let's forget Islam and christianity, even when their was traditional worship as the main worship, their was still conflicts. The government is a reflection of her people and their behaviours.

2 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by sunnyprof: 11:41am On Nov 25, 2013
However, I think Nigeria's problems are also over-rated. We are often in comparison with industrialized and post-industrialized nations, whereas we were never even industrialized, which seems better for us. Compare us with any country in Africa and Middle-east (The Region we are) and you will be amazed we are a supper Country.

In Africa, Nigeria is still the King anyhow. I think only South Africa and Ghana may be close but when viewed with Population and Size, we should have more problems than them. So we need to look inward and actually work on just a few things and the multiplier effect of those few will enhance improvement in others. This we have been struggling to do in the last 13 years. BUt the question is what should be our focus? We seem lost on that.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by confusion247(m): 11:44am On Nov 25, 2013
EdDave: A nation deserves the leaders it gets. -Quote.
Hypocritical One Nigeria brought these curse upon themselves when they rejected freedom. A country that killed over a million people seeking for freedom will never know peace nor progress.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by NadiaSA1(f): 11:45am On Nov 25, 2013
soil_sista: My President has spoken!
the honest truth!
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2013
Igbos don't hate hausas,u yorubas simply make it look that way!!
And if an Igbo man converts to Islam,you'll say its because of money, what have you people not accused the Igbos of?even when urs is glaring. Inferiority complex @ its best!

dahfweshdude69: IMO I think our biggest problem is tribalism...if every single tribe can unite and kick against every single corrupt leader destroying our country, we will change for good...but Hausa hates igbo...igbo also hates Hausa... igbo people call Yoruba back stabbers.. if we can put tribal issues behind and just come together for once...trust me...we will change... but as long as d monster called 'tribalism' is around... we can't move forward... GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 25, 2013
dahfweshdude69: IMO I think our biggest problem is tribalism...if every single tribe can unite and kick against every single corrupt leader destroying our country, we will change for good...but Hausa hates igbo...igbo also hates Hausa... igbo people call Yoruba back stabbers.. if we can put tribal issues behind and just come together for once...trust me...we will change... but as long as d monster called 'tribalism' is around... we can't move forward... GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Please spare us that blame on Tribalism. !!!

The average Nigerian you see is a very conservative creature towards changes (progressive changes) that doesnt favor his/her path to meaningless gains. !

Yoruba O
Ibo O
Hausa O
Others O....

We'v all contributed to the demise of this British Scam, be it in little or large proportions. !

Lets deal with It.

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Aspetta(f): 11:50am On Nov 25, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
berem: A wise man have spoken. It is left for the foolish ones to listen.
cry
berem: A wise man have spoken. It is left for the foolish ones to listen.
. No ,it is left for the wise ones to listen. A fool will still sit back. Watch it unfold.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by confusion247(m): 11:53am On Nov 25, 2013
AdekunleBalogun: This just emphasised my point that been tribalistic in the way we do things that concerns everybody in our country would not help anybody, just like putting religion in things that requires common sense would not help anybody. Back to issues of tribalism, been yoruba in Nigeria has not done much either for me, doesn't mean better education, doesn't mean instant job after graduation, doesn't mean better security for me and my family and its doesn't mean increase in my salary. This politicians becos of their lack of innovation and ideas that can unite us have successful created a myth in tribalism, as far as am concerned, Yoruba's, Igbo's and Hausa's all has representative in local, state, house of representative, senate and in the executives and yet in all the regions their gross under-development, which further show that leaders in this country plays on our naivety to loot and commits crime, so if anybody is found corrupt at any level in government, its the responsibility of every Nigerian to make sure such in individuals are dealt wit by relevant institutions. On the religion aspect, am a muslim, my religion forbids me from stealing, adultery, killing and so on and I don't need to read the bible to know what it says but what still surprises me is how some people want their religion to be given more relevant than the others. Let's forget Islam and christianity, even when their was traditional worship as the main worship, their was still conflicts. The government is a reflection of her people and their behaviours.
Whosoever that is hoping that things will get better in hypocritical One Nigeria is wasting his or her time. We are not One and we can never be. Our so called leaders knew it and that is why they capitalize on it to loot.
An example is what is happening today in the fight against corruption, where people from south east are supporting Odua and people from jigawa are supporting Lamido and his two sons. Today we are not talking about a candidate better than Jonathan rather we are shouting it is our turn to produce the President.

3 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by dbride: 11:53am On Nov 25, 2013
Okija_juju: @ Mbekis comment..... GBAM!!!!

It took an "outsider" to make some known "tribal defenders of evil" to accept that Nigeria is sick. Thanks to Thabo Mbeki and congrats to @okija_juju and so many others for your deliverance. I am happy for you, let's do the soul searching together!
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by clemriches(m): 11:54am On Nov 25, 2013
this man jst said it all... Personally president Goodluck has failed me and failed those people that died in the north during his election.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 25, 2013
Jesus is coming soon!!!!! Im usually more intellectual, But this is a fact, He is coming Very soon and God have mercy i dont get to see when it is posted on Nairaland that "THE RAPTURE HAS TAKEN PLACE". Jesus is calling all who would care to even hear. God bless!!![/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by mikeuz(m): 11:58am On Nov 25, 2013
Truth be told,our political system is thrash,all d parties are thrash,no need to be tribalistic,its time to be objective.

I will start the revolution,will narialand support me? grin

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by bjdon: 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2013
The simple truth is that Nigeria is corrupt, decayed big FAT LIE of a country. It is a country that was never supposed to be and thus, can never be. Ethnic divisions will ALWAYS prevent a truly national uprising against the corrupt rulers. Just look at what happened in Egypt not once but twice. In fact the second uprising against the Muslim brotherhood was even larger than the first. Upto 20 Million people came out onto the streets. They all marched as EGYPTIANS. There were Muslims, Christians, secular people all marching together. Can that happen in Nigeria? Of course not! It is the time of the North, no it the time of the Igbo, nonsense it is the time of Yoruba, the middle belt are being marginalised, blah blah blah meanwhile the EVERYBODY is suffering as a result of this small minded stupidity.
Only when Nigerians from Sokoto to Sapple, Yola to Yabba, OPEN THEIR EYES, and realize that they need to stand up together, shoulder to shoulder, to demand real accountability from their leaders, will things change. Till then, expect Stella Oduah type affairs and looting Govs to be norm.

4 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Afam4eva(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
Obiagelli: Mbeki sure knows nigeria expecially from his surulere years. 2015 goes wrong and I am done with Nigeria.
How do you mean? If APC loses?
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by egees: 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: Even a thread like this that should lead to soul-searching has already led to finger pointing instead.
Instead of us looking inwards and examining ourselves, some self-righteous hypocrites have started laying the blame on one another forgetting themselves. One donkey couldnt even hide his stupidity as usual. He has tribalised the thread already thereby alienating some people that could have agreed with some of his valid points. I expect this discourse to go south from hence.
SMH. We are truly our own worst enemies.
my brother
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
undecidedSoul searching on nairaland while u keep bribing ur way up!
Hypocrites!e-saints
dbride:

It took an "outsider" to make some known "tribal defenders of evil" to accept that Nigeria is sick. Thanks to Thabo Mbeki and congrats to @okija_juju and so many others for your deliverance. I am happy for you, let's do the soul searching together!

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Immunity1555: 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
[quote
author=Aigbofa]

Not only Jonathan. The national assembly is a den of robbers, what they
pay themselves for doing nothing is an insult to all Nigerians.[/quote] what have U and I done abt it?
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by egees: 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: Even a thread like this that should lead to soul-searching has already led to finger pointing instead.
Instead of us looking inwards and examining ourselves, some self-righteous hypocrites have started laying the blame on one another forgetting themselves. One donkey couldnt even hide his stupidity as usual. He has tribalised the thread already thereby alienating some people that could have agreed with some of his valid points. I expect this discourse to go south from hence.
SMH. We are truly our own worst enemies.
my brother am really in support of your point we are really our problem, instead of pondering on this scourge ravaging us we are busy accusing each other, if not ibos today then is yorubas tomorrow and then hausas. Thabo mbeki has said it all where are the youth that were suppose to take over leadership there are no where to be found. We may not take up ammunitions or weapons but we can mobilize and stand up for our right to say enough is a enough if not. As long as we as they say are the leader of tomorrow our future is in jeopardy.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by lernah: 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2013
kingoflag: Apart from the fact that Nigerians are docile, corrupt and scared of change, they are also pathetic liars and self-deciets--- they see nothing wrong in lying to themselves and others. Why do I say this? Pls, let's face the truth, truth is the Igbos are the main people encouraging the current corrupt government to do as it wishes. This is the bottom line. Yesterday, it was the North encouraging their sons to plunder the country as they wish, today it is the East. If Govt doesn't feel pressure from every angle of the country they will never do whats right.
i agree wit u bt lets see wot 2015 brings
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by swedbase(m): 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2013
kingoflag: Thats the problem with you clowns like I said---- ure so deceitful and hate the truth u don't mind lying to outsiders,as well as urselves.

Tribalism? Because I spoke the truth? Are Igbos not vocally 100% behind this thieving govt? Were Northerners not behind Yar Adua? Ok, then. Is any Northerner crying over my truthful allegation? So, why do u choose to cry at the truth?

You ask about OBJs tenure. Well, pardna, I didn't give 2 fuxcks about Nigerian affairs back then,but from the little I've read his fellow Yorubas were his biggest antagonists while he garnered much of his support from the North and part of the East because he gave their "sons" and "daughters" juicy posts in his govt.

Lair
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
I cant just wait to see this 'Doomed-for-life' entity of a thing called Nigeria go up in flames. !

If the only way any particular region in this country can progress is through a break-up, so be it come 2015.

Be it BY WAR or BY PEACE , Let this be done Lord God. !
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by 1025: 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
oga Mbeki make sense i swear. a south african friend once told me that nigerians are the worst cowards in this world. why will thieves be our rulers? tony annenih is sitting on billions of naira meant for road reconstruction yet he is a leader. alams, even our own saint joe had a case of money laundry while he was the gov of bayelsa state.
but if we talk, they will release their political dogs(soldiers) into the streets and order them to shot at sight.
the whole world must come to our aid. we are LIVING IN BONDAGE.
i wish all of them will be dying twice like agagu.

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by emorse(m): 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
DaLover:
which west african neigbor?
do you want to go head to head on this?
Ghana for example. Bear in mind that your Nigeria just attained the status of Africa's largest economy o.
Now, do you know that according to World bank's world dev. report of 2013, 54% of Nigerians live below the poverty line? Thats worse than 70% of sub-saharan Africa. Uganda is 38%, Ethiopia is 31% and Togo is 28%. And before you mention their population, consider the sizes of their economies.

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by brosdoncome(m): 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
ITbomb: On the contrary , Nigerians are lion-hearted but as I always say, Corruption is not the problem of Nigeria, Tribalism has weakened the resolve of any Nigerian to stand up and fight and expose corruption and that is the fundamental problem.
No matter who is the President , as long as the structure of this country encourage tribalism , corruption will still thrive and there is nothing we can do about it sadly.

So it was tribalism that gave rise to corruption?
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by lilkech(m): 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ngwakwe: What have you done to resist corruption?

What price have you paid to change the status quo?

What comes first in your life: Self against Merit or the reverse?

What is your meaning of Success: Wealth by any means or Average Lifestyle with Integrity intact?

Do you accept gratification to do the work you are contracted?

Can you resign or accept to suffer for upholding the truth?

Will you prefer to remain unemployed than to cut corners against better candidates?

Will you stop your journey to withstand corrupt uniform men on our highways?

Have you shared your scarce resources to sustain the persecuted?

Do you prefer to live above your means to satisfy your friends for pride's sake?

Can you testify against your Parents or Siblings during prosecution?

Let's think on these things

Erm, thought about it

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

a peacock can't change its feathers

I'm a PATRIOTIC 9jahAreaN grin
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Undabridge(m): 12:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
I don't drop comment but I'm force to do dis one.I'm realli sad for Nigerian youth in general becos of deir tribalistic traits.We're very quick to pick on our fellow tribe on issues dat is so glaring dat is a collective fault.If only social media can be utilized for the purpose of change and not all dis fight like little kids.This man has said everytin dat needs to be told concerning dis country,it's left to us to provide a way out of dis mess we're in.

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Shaakasi(f): 12:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
9ja for lyf wink
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Joey82(m): 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2013
Mbeki may be right, the problem with Nigeria is not about informed citizenry, the problem is that the 'informed' are way too tribal and nepotistic.
even here on nairaland, some supposedly informed guys blindly support corrupt persons as long as they are from their own side of the divide.
Oduah's case promptly comes to mind.

3 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by bonna4u(m): 12:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

You must be a professor! Only sensible post
He did make so much sense.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by bonna4u(m): 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2013
ITbomb: On the contrary , Nigerians are lion-hearted but as I always say, Corruption is not the problem of Nigeria, Tribalism has weakened the resolve of any Nigerian to stand up and fight and expose corruption and that is the fundamental problem.
No matter who is the President , as long as the structure of this country encourage tribalism , corruption will still thrive and there is nothing we can do about it sadly.
The best post so far. Thanks for hitting the nail at right spot. Tribalist are the problem we have in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan, Zuma Open Talks Over Botched $15m Arms Deals. / We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says / Pressure Mounts On Secondus To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.