Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians (24396 Views)

Mbeki, Muazu, IBB, Abdulsalam Abubakar Pose For The Camera (photo) / Buhari With Thabo Mbeki And Abdulsalam Abubakar (photo) / Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Ferdinandu(m): 12:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
kingoflag: Apart from the fact that Nigerians are docile, corrupt and scared of change, they are also pathetic liars and self-deciets--- they see nothing wrong in lying to themselves and others. Why do I say this? Pls, let's face the truth, truth is the Igbos are the main people encouraging the current corrupt government to do as it wishes. This is the bottom line. Yesterday, it was the North encouraging their sons to plunder the country as they wish, today it is the East. If Govt doesn't feel pressure from every angle of the country they will never do whats right.
Your life is pathetic because i don't know what your tribe did when Obj was plndering the nation or what they are doing in the states you come from.Stupid asshole from generation of losers

2 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by ayyoshert: 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
This is not about ethnicity, religion, political party
it is not about PDP OR APC OR APGA or whatever, they are all same corrupt people.
It is about one man who can be faithful and honest enough to do the right thing, the one man that can hand to us what good governance is.
The day when we cease to have stronger individuals and weaker system, is the day when Nigeria's match towards her rightful place of greatness begins.

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by ChiSun27(m): 1:06pm On Nov 25, 2013
Nigeria will only change the day we develop the mentality of the Libyans and Egyptians.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 25, 2013
Afam4eva:
How do you mean? If APC loses?
not necessarily but a decent and visionary leader. Not this crap we are with
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by DJMONACO(m): 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
so true
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by joephemzyz(m): 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
Numerous causes of nigeria's problem
Heterogenous religion
Numerous ethnic groups
Numerous languages
High level of illetracy....this is a major factor because the only way nigeria can achieve unity in diversity is when a large percentage of the populace is educated.
NB=we are collectively responsible for Nigeria's problem...
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Aabee(m): 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
we can continue to blame ourselves till d "Jesus comes" like my xtain folks say
1 question for every1on dis thread to ansa is "what av u done to stop corruption.
i can ansa 4myself by sayin i av done nothing.
we shud look 4 solutions 2d prob and not chew on individual opinion.
pple on dis thread shud gv us solutions dat we can work on and 4get about blaming any tribe
dats 1 way i think we can go 4ward.
D SOLUTION can cum only 4rm within us and not ouside dis country.
left 2 me, a modor any1 who knows about openin thread on nairaland cud open a thread titled "reviving 9gria" or a bttr topic.
den pple with solutionns can share views, and an mod wud ban d tribalistic set of pple who av notin meaninful 2 contribute.
dats my opinion, i stand 2b correctd +vely.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Aabee(m): 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
we can continue to blame ourselves till d "Jesus comes" like my xtain folks say
1 question for every1on dis thread to ansa is "what av u done to stop corruption.
i can ansa 4myself by sayin i av done nothing.
we shud look 4 solutions 2d prob and not chew on individual opinion.
pple on dis thread shud gv us solutions dat we can work on and 4get about blaming any tribe
dats 1 way i think we can go 4ward.
D SOLUTION can cum only 4rm within us and not ouside dis country.
left 2 me, a modor any1 who knows about openin thread on nairaland cud open a thread titled "reviving 9gria" or a bttr topic.
den pple with solutionns can share views, and an mod wud ban d tribalistic set of pple who av notin meaninful 2 contribute.
dats my opinion, i stand 2b correctd +vely.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 25, 2013
vislabraye:

The issue here is trust and courage. Many of us can't take a bold step and risk its consequences. Nothing good comes easy. Where you are today is as a result of someone's sacrifice. In a revolution, people have to sacrifice.
But the issue of trust comes up. While some people are busy fighting for the good, you have other saboteurs. Some people will make an agreement to protest only for them to back out.
If students can't come together and fight a corrupt lecturer, is it the government they will fight ?
protesters dnt remove a person they do not want 4rm office, or stop a govt. Decision, if d appropriate authority dnt support d protest. If students protest against a lecturer and d VC is behind d lecturer, my brother there is nothing d students will do unless they take to violence which i don't think u would want 2 advice! Come 2 think of it, how many lecturers will u remove? Cos there are skuls that 99% of the lecturers are corrupt, i guess ur own kind of revolution is not 4 a skul 2 be without a single lecturer? Pause and think abt it sir!
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by moodswing(m): 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2013
kingoflag: Thats the problem with you clowns like I said---- ure so deceitful and hate the truth u don't mind lying to outsiders,as well as urselves.

Tribalism? Because I spoke the truth? Are Igbos not vocally 100% behind this thieving govt? Were Northerners not behind Yar Adua? Ok, then. Is any Northerner crying over my truthful allegation? So, why do u choose to cry at the truth?

You ask about OBJs tenure. Well, pardna, I didn't give 2 fuxcks about Nigerian affairs back then,but from the little I've read his fellow Yorubas were his biggest antagonists while he garnered much of his support from the North and part of the East because he gave their "sons" and "daughters" juicy posts in his govt.

That weird moment when you want to make sense at all cost and fails woefully.

Next time find a perspective if you want to make a valid argument. Absolving your thieving self from the problem facing this thieving nation isn't smart mate.

4 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
I have a Yoruba man in my office who said he will never indict or be angry with any Yoruba man who is corrupt and steal public fund because he cant see himself going against his brothers, meanwhile the is a stunt crusader of Good governance and he hates ppl like Stella Oduah, NIO and GEJ because he believes they are corrupted....he is just like every other Yoruba man and woman in NL...SMH

2 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by KenStranger(m): 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2013
I reserve my comment; so much fight in the house. we have helped ourselves. nagerians
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by moodswing(m): 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
slightlyMad: A president who takes to google adwords with the phrase "GEJ is working", same way Jumia and Konga runs advert
to advertise.

A president who recruits and pay youths to go on every social media including Nairaland to paint his fraudulent government in good light and defend his governance

A president who went on National TV with a careless phrase like "I dont give a damn" in a democratic system

A president who says he now has information on the sponsors of Boko Haram and did nothing

A president who negotiates with terrorists (No part of the world does this cos they are what they are, Terrorists. They will not change, and a leader should know this)

A president who kept a corrupt Aviation minister in office, even when she is being investigated. (a woman who should be relieved of her job first so that she will not be able to influence investigation)

A president who eats 1Billion naira meal when more than half the country's population are not sure of what to eat.

He is not my president and cant wait vote him out of office.

Unfortunately your vote is just 1.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by kinethic: 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
And Nigerians are sitting , folding their hands, supporting and encouraging all the ones that are looting us dry. They have bankcrupt us.
Nigerians are Idiots and we have lost almost every morality in us. Everyone wants to get something from the diminishing cake the next day we go to church and kneel before the tomb of Christ in Israel and the non challant disgusting pastors and so called bishops would be praying for the thieves .
Sorry we are all idiots and we will get all we deserve .
Crazy bunch of idiots .

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by baslone: 2:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
[b]1. Iyabo Bello Obasanjo - N300 Million
2. Igbinedion embezzled Edo’s N19bn —EFCC
3. Money Laundering: Group Sues EFCC Over First Lady Patience Jonathan's $ 13 Million Fraud
4. EFCC Arrests Bode George, Dabo, Accuses Them of N100 Billion Dirty Contracts
5. N2.4 b: Nyame Must Face Criminal Trial - Supreme Court
6. Efcc Files N700m Fraud Charges Against Dariye, Others
7. N100 Million Scam - Court Grants Boni Haruna's Aids Bail
8. EFCC declares Ibori wanted over N44bn fresh corruption charges
9. Money Laundering: Orji Kalu Loses bid To Stop Trial Was in
10. DSP Alamieyeseigha pleads guilty-jailed 2 years
11. Gov. Daniel faces indictment for corruption and abuse of office.
12. Atiku Abubakar, of diverting more than $ 100m (£51m) in public funds to private interests.
13. THE 54 MILLION NAIRA BRIBERY SCANDAL IN THE NIGERIAN SENATE IS NOT A SMALL MATTER
14. Ex-gov Turaki’s N30b used to finance third term project
15. $16B Power Scam: IBB’s Allies Call For OBJ’s Arrest

THIS IS ANOTHER VERSION SAID TO HAVE BEEN RELEASE BY EFCC IN 2010: S/No/ Name on case File/ Amount Involved

1. Ayo Fayose - N1.2 Billion
2. Adenike Grange - N300 million
3. Saminu Turaki - N36 Billion
4. Orji Uzor Kalu - N5 Billion
5. James Ibori - N9.2 Billion
6. Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello - N10 Million
7. Lucky Igbinedion - N4.3 Billion
8. Gabriel Aduku - N300 Million
9. Jolly Nyame - N1.3 billion
10. Chimaroke . Nnamani -,N5.3 Billion
11. Michael Botmang - N1.5 Billion
12. Roland Iyayi - N5.6 Billion
13. Nyeson Wike - N4.670 Billion
14. Kenny Martins - N774 Million
15. Patrick Fernadez - N32 Billion
16. Prof. Babalola Borishade - N5.6 Billion
17. Boni Haruna - N254 Million
18. Femi Fani-Kayode - N250 Million
19. Prince Ibrahim Dumuje - N774 Million
20. Bode George - N100 Billion
21. Rasheed Ladoja - N6 Billion
22. Four Snr Zenith Bank Managers -N3.6 Billion
23. Mallam Nasir El-Rufai - N5.2 Billion
24. Prof B.Sokan, Molkat Mutfwang, Michael Aule, Andrew Ekpanobi, (All Directors) Alexander Cozman(MD,In termarket Ltd).- N636 Million 25. Dr Ransome Owan, Mr. Abdulrahman Ado, Mr. Adulrasak Alimi, Mr.Onwuamaeze Iloeje, Mrs Grace Eyoma,Mr. Mohammed Bunu, Mr. Abimbola Odubiyi - N1.5 Billion
26. Tom Iseghohi, Muhammed Buba, Mike Okoli,(GM&Manag ers of Transcorp Group PLC) - N15 Billion
27. Dr Albert Ikomi - N43 Million
28. Dr Yuguda Manu Kaigama - N17 Million
29. Chief Joe Musa, DG Natioanl Gallery of Art, Olusegun Ogumba, Chinedu Obi, Oparagu Elizabeth, Kweku Tandoh, (All Directors of NGA) N1.012 Billion
30. Olagunju, Ex. Sec. National Commission for Mass Literacy, Adult & Non- Formal Education. Joshua Alao, Alice Abang, Jibrin Waguna, Ahmed Abubakar, Shehu Abdullahi, Dr Victoria King Nwachukwu, Adamu Khalid, Moses Oseni, Francis Awelewa & Bashir Suleiman N479 Million
31. Hamman Bello Hammed, Ex-CG Customs, Hannatu Sulaiman, Tajudeen Olalere, Lukman Hussain, Popular Foods Ltd & Silver Maritime shipping coy ltd - N2.5 Billion
32. Professor Innocent Chuka Okonkwo, fmr VC Imo state Univ, Uchechi Nwugo & Wilfred Uwakwe -N145 Million
33. Dr (Mrs) Cecilia Ibru - N160.2 Billion
34. Dr Bartholo-mew (Fmr CEO, Union Bank PLC) Bassey Ebong, Henry Onyemem & Niyi Albert Opeodu - N187.1Billion
35. Raymond Obieri,(Fmr Chairman,Interc ontinental Bank PLC Hyacinth Enuha, Ikechi Kalu, C.A Alabi, Samuel Adegbite Isyaku Umar, Sanni Adams N131.8 Billion
36. Sebastian Adigwe, Peter Ololo, Falcon Securities Ltd -N277.3 Billion
37. Okey Nwosu - N95.1 Billion
38. Alex Nkenchor, Ex-Bank Manager, Ebi Odeigah & GMT Securities & Assets Nig Ltd. - N860 Million
39. Francis Atuche - N80 billion
40. Adamu Abdullahi - N15 billion
41. Attahiru Bafarawa - N15 billion
42. Francis Okokuro - N2.4 billion
43. Dr Charles Silva Opuala - N2.4 billion
44. Chief Osa Osunde(fmr Chairman Afribank), and 4 directors: Jibrin Isah, Isa Zailani, Chinedu Onyia and Henry Arogundade - N55 billion
45. Mr Oladele Shittu - N139 million
46. Mr Sunday Akinyemi - N90 million
47. Hon. T Faniyi, Albert Soje & others - N3 billion
48. Adeniyi Elumaro, Rakiya Mamman,Integrat ed Capital Services Ltd - N405 million
49. Dr Erastus Akingbola - N27 billion 50. SaniLulu, & 3other sacked NFF board members - N1.5billion.

Indeed corruption has no party, religion, tribe, gender, it cuts acrtoss etc.

We are all victims. Lets fight it. It concern all of us. efccng.org[/b]

7 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by COOLDUN: 2:07pm On Nov 25, 2013
kingoflag: Apart from the fact that Nigerians are docile, corrupt and scared of change, they are also pathetic liars and self-deciets--- they see nothing wrong in lying to themselves and others. Why do I say this? Pls, let's face the truth, truth is the Igbos are the main people encouraging the current corrupt government to do as it wishes. This is the bottom line. Yesterday, it was the North encouraging their sons to plunder the country as they wish, today it is the East. If Govt doesn't feel pressure from every angle of the country they will never do whats right.

Do not tribalize this good thread now, yesterday was Hausas, Now is Igbos, what about the years before Yaradua/ Goodluck became presidents? You excluded your tribe and mentioned others. The same problem that was mentioned in this thread is what you are showcasing here while DUMMIES like you clicked Like to your posted TRASH.

Personally i am highly disappointed in GEJ,lead most corrupt government, but we should not point accusing fingers on one special tribe alone.

As this great leader Thabo Mbeki rightly said, we are all involved in the mess we find ourselves, every tribe is involved, including you and i, posterity will judge you and i, for not preparing a good future for children and future generations to come.

This forum is a den of toothless bulldogs, online intellectuals/warriors, best online administrators, and the worst BIGGOTS in the world.

Let us face the reality, from you, i and past and present GEJ led government have failed woefully in this country called Nigeria. Take it or leave it.

2 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by toprealman: 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
Marking should keep quite and focus on helping redeem his country not ours.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Yujin(m): 2:13pm On Nov 25, 2013
Restructure Nigeria(decentralize her) and see many things begin to fall into place. You can't hold a man down and still be mobile.
This Nigeria has no future unless it is restructured. Quote me anywhere and anytime.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Sina001: 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
@shymexx. Your blatant and misguided attack on Nigerians as a group would have been ignored with the ignominy it deserves but for one thing : You alluded to the Nigerian state of mind being a delusional state of mind. Granted, what Ex-President Mbeki said about Nigerians or any other nation for that matter is valid, for it is axiomatic that a people get the kind of government they deserve. We recognize our issues, and we admit that everything is not rosy, but we definitely are not non-achievers. If having a chip on our shoulders is causing you belly-ache, then unfortunately you just have to deal with it.
What I have a gripe with is when someone hides behind the page of a media to throw blanket assumptions and generalizations at a people. I can bet my last dime that you are one of those people who have a private xenophobic sentiment against Nigerians or anything Nigeria. I feel sorry for people like you because ,despite Nigeria's problems, we are and shall continue to thrive better than some of you whose countries have been dominated physically and mentally by another race that you cannot see anything good anymore either in yourselves or people that look like you(in this case Nigerians) . It is even more pathetic, as in South Africa for example(where I live currently), everything and anything that goes wrong under the sun is blamed on "foreigners", especially Nigerians, whilst their constitution recognises Chinese and other white skinned foreigners as "black" people. Whenever there is any "protest' or "toyi-toyi" as they call it here, the first thing they do is go and loot the shops and businesses of black "foreigners",whilst they cowardly cringe at the sight of any white person.We don't share your sentiments about Nigerians, Nigerians are not delusional,we shall eventually sort out our internal problems and certainly not you or anyone else would make us feel less human about ourselves, political problems aside. Nigerians are here to stay, so deal with it.

4 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Jazz247: 2:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
[/color]
It's visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that this geographical entity called Nigeria is far becoming a failed state.The indicators are presenting itself to us like a PowerPoint in the IT classroom. When you have a set of people who thrives in sadism at the helm of affairs,what they achieve is looting of treasury and generation of 4000 megawatts of electricity for a population of over 170m.The world, especially Asian tigers and south Americans are leaving us behind in the race. [color=#006600]
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by ronnietilo: 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
gramci:

your stupidity will go unnoticed

5X Tinubu and Buhari not as useless as J.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by shevi4mb(m): 2:41pm On Nov 25, 2013
payless: I am speechless. Nigerians deserve what they get in return from their government. Jonathan has been a failure. May God work on your life the same way Jonathan and PDP are working on Nigeria's affairs if you disagree with this prayer.
Never knew people are now gettin nairaland star for highest likes....mtchww
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by KingGeorge1: 2:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
Look at how they are ranting as if they are sincere? Mbeki just made a salient call and all of a sudden ethinc, religious and political bigots have taken over the room throwing tantrums at each other, instead of accepting failure on their parts. Wonder when the fools in this forum will learn to read in between the lines rather than allowing ethnic, political and religious sentiment to manifest through them, did Mbeki mentioned any party, ethnic or religion in his speech? CAPITAL NO! all what he said was for Nigerians to wake up and demand transparency and accountability from their leaders irrespective of background . But as soon as the story ended, Bigots starting exchanging verbal missiles, as if Mbeki was talking to any particular administration or group, that clearly show how insincere we are and how sentiment have clouded our poor reasoning instead looking inward, we all resort to apportioning blame.
Nigerian a people with no sense of morality, from all the reactions/actions we can clearly deduce that Nigerian are never ready for the task but are very comfortable with their situation as long as they have access to social media to pour out their ignorant and selfish mind to the listening pleasure of the million of viewers/listeners online. And at the end of the day will feel satisfied..
You guys better wake up and put these cancer(Ethnic,Religious and Political sentiment) aside and let start the change with ourselves first cause He who goes for Equity must do that with clean hands.

2 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
Pls can you create a thread for this? The topic should be "list of Nigerian thieves and still counting" so that the silly yoruba saints will see that they are dominating the list!

baslone: [b]1. Iyabo Bello Obasanjo - N300 Million
2. Igbinedion embezzled Edo’s N19bn —EFCC
3. Money Laundering: Group Sues EFCC Over First Lady Patience Jonathan's $ 13 Million Fraud
4. EFCC Arrests Bode George, Dabo, Accuses Them of N100 Billion Dirty Contracts
5. N2.4 b: Nyame Must Face Criminal Trial - Supreme Court
6. Efcc Files N700m Fraud Charges Against Dariye, Others
7. N100 Million Scam - Court Grants Boni Haruna's Aids Bail
8. EFCC declares Ibori wanted over N44bn fresh corruption charges
9. Money Laundering: Orji Kalu Loses bid To Stop Trial Was in
10. DSP Alamieyeseigha pleads guilty-jailed 2 years
11. Gov. Daniel faces indictment for corruption and abuse of office.
12. Atiku Abubakar, of diverting more than $ 100m (£51m) in public funds to private interests.
13. THE 54 MILLION NAIRA BRIBERY SCANDAL IN THE NIGERIAN SENATE IS NOT A SMALL MATTER
14. Ex-gov Turaki’s N30b used to finance third term project
15. $16B Power Scam: IBB’s Allies Call For OBJ’s Arrest

THIS IS ANOTHER VERSION SAID TO HAVE BEEN RELEASE BY EFCC IN 2010: S/No/ Name on case File/ Amount Involved

1. Ayo Fayose - N1.2 Billion
2. Adenike Grange - N300 million
3. Saminu Turaki - N36 Billion
4. Orji Uzor Kalu - N5 Billion
5. James Ibori - N9.2 Billion
6. Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello - N10 Million
7. Lucky Igbinedion - N4.3 Billion
8. Gabriel Aduku - N300 Million
9. Jolly Nyame - N1.3 billion
10. Chimaroke . Nnamani -,N5.3 Billion
11. Michael Botmang - N1.5 Billion
12. Roland Iyayi - N5.6 Billion
13. Nyeson Wike - N4.670 Billion
14. Kenny Martins - N774 Million
15. Patrick Fernadez - N32 Billion
16. Prof. Babalola Borishade - N5.6 Billion
17. Boni Haruna - N254 Million
18. Femi Fani-Kayode - N250 Million
19. Prince Ibrahim Dumuje - N774 Million
20. Bode George - N100 Billion
21. Rasheed Ladoja - N6 Billion
22. Four Snr Zenith Bank Managers -N3.6 Billion
23. Mallam Nasir El-Rufai - N5.2 Billion
24. Prof B.Sokan, Molkat Mutfwang, Michael Aule, Andrew Ekpanobi, (All Directors) Alexander Cozman(MD,In termarket Ltd).- N636 Million 25. Dr Ransome Owan, Mr. Abdulrahman Ado, Mr. Adulrasak Alimi, Mr.Onwuamaeze Iloeje, Mrs Grace Eyoma,Mr. Mohammed Bunu, Mr. Abimbola Odubiyi - N1.5 Billion
26. Tom Iseghohi, Muhammed Buba, Mike Okoli,(GM&Manag ers of Transcorp Group PLC) - N15 Billion
27. Dr Albert Ikomi - N43 Million
28. Dr Yuguda Manu Kaigama - N17 Million
29. Chief Joe Musa, DG Natioanl Gallery of Art, Olusegun Ogumba, Chinedu Obi, Oparagu Elizabeth, Kweku Tandoh, (All Directors of NGA) N1.012 Billion
30. Olagunju, Ex. Sec. National Commission for Mass Literacy, Adult & Non- Formal Education. Joshua Alao, Alice Abang, Jibrin Waguna, Ahmed Abubakar, Shehu Abdullahi, Dr Victoria King Nwachukwu, Adamu Khalid, Moses Oseni, Francis Awelewa & Bashir Suleiman N479 Million
31. Hamman Bello Hammed, Ex-CG Customs, Hannatu Sulaiman, Tajudeen Olalere, Lukman Hussain, Popular Foods Ltd & Silver Maritime shipping coy ltd - N2.5 Billion
32. Professor Innocent Chuka Okonkwo, fmr VC Imo state Univ, Uchechi Nwugo & Wilfred Uwakwe -N145 Million
33. Dr (Mrs) Cecilia Ibru - N160.2 Billion
34. Dr Bartholo-mew (Fmr CEO, Union Bank PLC) Bassey Ebong, Henry Onyemem & Niyi Albert Opeodu - N187.1Billion
35. Raymond Obieri,(Fmr Chairman,Interc ontinental Bank PLC Hyacinth Enuha, Ikechi Kalu, C.A Alabi, Samuel Adegbite Isyaku Umar, Sanni Adams N131.8 Billion
36. Sebastian Adigwe, Peter Ololo, Falcon Securities Ltd -N277.3 Billion
37. Okey Nwosu - N95.1 Billion
38. Alex Nkenchor, Ex-Bank Manager, Ebi Odeigah & GMT Securities & Assets Nig Ltd. - N860 Million
39. Francis Atuche - N80 billion
40. Adamu Abdullahi - N15 billion
41. Attahiru Bafarawa - N15 billion
42. Francis Okokuro - N2.4 billion
43. Dr Charles Silva Opuala - N2.4 billion
44. Chief Osa Osunde(fmr Chairman Afribank), and 4 directors: Jibrin Isah, Isa Zailani, Chinedu Onyia and Henry Arogundade - N55 billion
45. Mr Oladele Shittu - N139 million
46. Mr Sunday Akinyemi - N90 million
47. Hon. T Faniyi, Albert Soje & others - N3 billion
48. Adeniyi Elumaro, Rakiya Mamman,Integrat ed Capital Services Ltd - N405 million
49. Dr Erastus Akingbola - N27 billion 50. SaniLulu, & 3other sacked NFF board members - N1.5billion.

Indeed corruption has no party, religion, tribe, gender, it cuts acrtoss etc.

We are all victims. Lets fight it. It concern all of us. efccng.org[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by OdaNobunaga(m): 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
Flygeriansteve: I marvel at this sort of self-delusion displayed by those attacking Mbeki's personality and ignoring what he's said. If your house is on fire and sb whose house is also burning points it out to you, will you let your family burn, waiting for that person to put out the fire in his own house? Won't you look after your own? Seriously the cliche that he comes to equity must come with clean hands is just bullcrap! If other supposedly corrupt leaders can say this much about the stink in our own yards, then maybe we're the ones who stink most.

Bros Ur making good sense

2 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by agohavivi(f): 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
In essence Thabo Mbeki means i should stake my life and that of my children to stage a protest/revolution for an ununited Nigeria that wouldnt remember us, if we should end up six feet under. If i may ask how many of the countries involved in the arab spring presently experience Peace? The protest in libya has escalated to a civil war besides egypt is still in turmoil. Who remembers those That died during the "occupy Nigeria" protest? In my opinion we can only bring about a change when we work on the value system of nigerians starting from the homefront. Parents, instill the right values in your children, teachers and schools should carryout intensive sensitiazation programmes including nursery and primary schools thereby instiling the right values and morals in our future leaders. It would take a long time to achieve this but, thats the best Way out.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
The greatest problem with Nigeria is not the leaders but the followers. Thabo Mbeki is absolutely right on this.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by adconline(m): 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
Naija is irredeemable! Collective apathy and laziness to stand up for what is right. I was at Shoprite and the checkout line was long, joined the queue and was the next to be attended to, a stranger, jumped the line and said he was right behind me and had stepped out a foot to get some candy bars. I insisted that the man was not in line and folks behind me knew it, but none of them challenged him. As a matter of fact, 2 guys rose in his defense and started saying that I was being hard and petty like a " woman". Folks I was looking out for, threw me under the bus
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by beryl04(m): 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2013
peppy luv: Don't mind the Id iot but I don't blame them cuz we Nigerians wash our dirty linens in public every dick and harry wants to give a final verdict on Nigeria very soon Mugabe will

also give his verdict... Even an American gay senator had the guts to ridicule Nigeria,a country full of pedophiles,homos and psychophats who go on molesting and shooting spree. After they go looking for terrorists in the Arab world when they have so many as citizens.
Foolish people..
No doubt that Nigeria is a filed state but the solution to our problems is in our hands!

You are such an arze.hole! Cos of eediaats like u we've remained stagnant.stewpid ignorant biaatch.

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 25, 2013
the warrior72: U never fails to mention igbo in everything u say, this ur love for Igbos is too much........keep it up
Just like I never fail to mention the North or the Yorubas...but u don't see them crying at my statements.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
safarigirl: mods kindly ban this pathetic du.nce. I can't beleive like-minded bigots even endorsed such brazen stewpidity by 'liking' his post. Our biggest problem remains tribalism, things like corruption are just offsprings of tribalism. And eediots like this re.t.ar-d funny enough are people we have in power. Never accepting their own part in the decay of the country, but pointing fingers everywhere. Please were you also against FFK when he went about announcing his ignorance or did you clap for him like majority of your 'blameless' brothers? Our problem is bigger than GEJ
cry all u want. If u feel I lied, feel free to address it.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by sCun: 3:26pm On Nov 25, 2013
Obasanjo alone ruled Nigeria for a total of 15 out of the 53 years since independence. Any time we are discussing Nigeria's problems Obasanjo should be the first name mentioned. Those who want to tribalise this thread should look closer home.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan, Zuma Open Talks Over Botched $15m Arms Deals. / Osinbajo Presides Over NEC Meeting At Aso Rock (Photos) / Media Attacks On Adeboye Orchestrated By Ayodele Fayose – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.