Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands (29772 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / FG Condemns ASUU New Demands / FG Condemns ASUU's New Demands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by favouryemmy: 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
I wish to commend ASUU for shifting ground at last. This shows you commiserate with the students. Payment of the outstanding salaries should not be a problem, knowing the kind of government we have, there has to be a commitment from them. ASUU we hail thee! I see light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by mcshol(m): 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
dont allow journalists to mislead u. I can see a light at end of d tunnel. Its true dat wat dey are demanding is somewhat outrageous. From wat i learnt, d mata has been resolved. Goodluck jonathan has approved d so called outrageous demand. If u choose to be misled by journalists whose means of livelihood is telling coordinated lies, ur choice. Just a Mata of tym or shud i say hours remaining for d strike to be officially called off. Any oda tin u hear and believe is ur choice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Demdem(m): 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
robo247:
1 dislike

Ur opinion. The truth remains.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by ekenzify(m): 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
BUT SERIOUSLY, WHY WOULD ASUU DEMAND FOR SALARY ARREARS, AFTER NOT WORKING FOR ALMOST 5 MONTHS?...THEREBY KEEPING STUDENTS @ HOME...?!
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Demdem(m): 1:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
malon tee:

Thought you have better comments,all I see is depression. Get a life dude.

U av seen wrongly. Ur departmental levies doesn't go to ASUU purse. Deal with that.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by babanne(m): 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
Don4perfect: 1st to comment. Dis is gr8t. As 4 ASUU and FG Wats they are probelm self. If d strike want to end, ASUU wil find a way to extend it.
Read what you wrote up there again. Does it make any sense at all to you? Some people ran away from English language class. SMH.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by lynkeith: 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
abegi jor m tired n vry faustrated. mtcheeewww if dey like dey call of d strike if dey like dey shuldnt dats dier buswas. infact dey jes want students to commit sucide
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Demdem(m): 1:24pm On Nov 26, 2013
ckc: Truth my foot! U can even change his name to Saint Buhari. Nonsense!!!

Leave him out of this. He signed no agreement, Jonathan did.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Demdem(m): 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
Yahoo1: ok as a stewpid pathetic pedoph¡le?....dude.....i dnt blame u shaa,seeing as you are a mental case,I mean you have no legitimate parents,so i guess the Cond0m factory got away with poor production

Did u just say that u are a Bastard. Ur granpa was surely useless to have allowed ur mum live such a life.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Demdem(m): 1:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
pcnwamadi:
why dont u post ur best 5pictures here and I post my 5worst. Lets see who lives d good life. Frustrated empty vesel. I wonder how much seun pays u dat ur here evry min.

Don't need to impress ur miserable likes. Criminals for that matter. Abegi, shift.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by ezeama1010(m): 1:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
omenka: Stop sounding like a kid. ASUU stands to gain nothing by prolonging the strike, afteral, it is their members whose kith and kin populate the affected institutions while i can bet my last breath none of the members to the fed executive council have their kid(s) in any of the universities. The salary issue shouldn't be any problem at all since had the lecturers been in school, they would have been getting paid monthly. But since the govt decided to adopt the no-work-no-pay draconian policy to armtwist the lecturers back to the classrooms, i want to believe they didnt, in their typical manner, loot the monies meant to pay the lecturers but stashed them away for prompt disbursement as soon as the strike is called off. But if they didnt, and rather applied the monies for unintended purposes, then they have to find a way of getting it back and giving it to the actual owners. As for the release of 100bill development fund, may Amadioha strike anyone who says the govt doesnt have that kind of money, given the news of sleaze and executive profligacy we are daily inundated with. This govt is awash with deadheads and outright lunatics who give not even a wasp's a$$ how the coutry fares, they are just there for themselves and their families period! What is been asked for is much within the limits of the capability of govt. They should comply asap, and stop trying to make ASUU apear like the aggressor here, afterall, they have shifted grounds and are no longer insisting on strict implementation of the 2009 agreement. And by the way, Wike is an assh@le.
Dis Aboki must either b a lecturer or a dullard for him to vomit all dis rubbish besides wat do u have in mind wen u were typing dis Jamb comprehension passage
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Demdem(m): 1:34pm On Nov 26, 2013
Dreament: u should also understand the fact that states university has no bizness wit this strike, so the management has the right call the lecturers back to class. If the governor gives the management the right open school, who is that lectural that wouldn't resume. I think it is only federal universities that the lecturers will refuse 2 resume work since they are been managed by the FG. How wouldn'ty paying of federal universities lecturers affect state university lectureres, instead of them to tell states universities to sort salaries issues out wit their governor they are using it as an excuse to continue the strike

From day one, I have stated that the only issue I have with the agreement is the inclusion of states universities. The FG was so foolish to include them. Even at that, agreement is agreement. Take a look at the agreement and u will see that they also have something to benefit from it.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Demdem(m): 1:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
Efewestern: Rubbish vanguard! Wike condemned it.. But GEJ hasn't learnt of t, he said ''i will present it to the president'' meaning he hasn't present it, he z just talking out ov z own opinion!

It shows how foolish the animal heading the ministry. Education for that matter.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Demdem(m): 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
pcnwamadi: were is demdemdaft, am sure the free 10mb MTN dashed him has run out.. animal in human form

Nddc contract seller, just finished dealing with ur fellow criminal.
Ur own day of reckoning is also near. cheesy
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by pwaju: 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
I jus dy observe. cool
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Demdem(m): 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
kukus01: after reading a lot of post on this topic, its best to say @demdem you understand the situation on ground. TRUST issues abounds;
1. an agreement is an agreement.
2. never trust Nigeria Govt promise and fail abound in all sector
3. commitment
all lot of people here are just posting based on sentiments and emotions.

Wellsaid.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by damoobaba: 1:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
egift: Abeg what is there for FG to condem? Pay the 4 months pending salary and commense the XYZ you have accepted. What more is there?

Everything to Wike is politics.
That Wike guy na serious mumu,na only 4 naija u go see nonentities like that dey run govt.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Yahoo1(m): 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
Demdem:

Did u just say that u are a Bastard. Ur granpa was surely useless to have allowed ur mum live such a life.
like i said Pedo. i dnt blame you,it happens sometimes; a man doesn't want a kid,bc he doesn't want to put another ediot like himselft in the world,but due to the con.dom factory's incompetence,he gets an unwanted kid....i know it happened to you,but you gotta fight your father's DNA. be a better man than your father. :-(
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
The battle has just begun.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by laughinggal(f): 2:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
This is pure wickedness, why could a country be this careless with their future leaders. Imagine hindering students from their rights for getting to half a year now thus making life miserable for citizens of the nation. Our so called leaders ain't trying at all, ASUU have been on strike for a long period of time now even ASUP, but instead of the FG to meet the demands of this two great firm which makes up the tertiary institution in the educational sector, they rather add salt to injury by condemning the demands. Some of the so called leaders have their wards in private varsities and prefer punishing others. GOD IS WATCHING US FROM A DISTANCE
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by adekanbifadeke(f): 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
This has become more like el classico, war without End,but I hope it end soon.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Demdem(m): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
Yahoo1: like i said Pedo. i dnt blame you,it happens sometimes; a man doesn't want a kid,bc he doesn't want to put another ediot like himselft in the world,but due to the con.dom factory's incompetence,he gets an unwanted kid....i know it happened to you,but you gotta fight your father's DNA. be a better man than your father. :-(

Bottom line...

Demdem:

Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by samjbo: 2:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
I am lost here. I can't find anything resembling fresh demands in the post. Those of you blabbing on ASUU should read carefully and tell us what the new demands are.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Yahoo1(m): 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
Demdem:

Bottom line...

the truth hurts.

Yahoo1: like i said Pedo. i dnt blame you,it happens sometimes; a man doesn't want a kid,bc he doesn't want to put another ediot like himselft in the world,but due to the con.dom factory's incompetence,he gets an unwanted kid....i know it happened to you,but you gotta fight your father's DNA. be a better man than your father. :-(
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by adonismuller(m): 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
Those people clamoring to resume next year will be S̴̩☺ frustrated when it gets to March or April and they don't call off the strike....!!!!!!
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by mavister(m): 2:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
See fellow nigerian students beefing and raining abuses on each other at a time like this. This is one problem we human beings in this part of the world have. No one believes in freedom of speech.literally they say'there is freedom of speech' but practically there is none. The bitter and home truth is that we students have nothing whatsoever to do to stop this strike. What i mean by this is that. As students.its unfortunate we are the victims of this strike and looking at it from a critical point..you and i have nothing to do but to hope and pray. Do u wanna go on ur own strike to stop this one? Do u wanna carry gun and start firing the president or ASUU members? Do u wanna return to school now that the strike is on? Will you teach your self? Will u ? So why do we abuse each other on a matter in which we have very very little or nothing to do? As a matter of fact, every man IS entitled to his/her opinion(s) whatsoever. Everyone cannot reason in the same way. Yes thats why we differ. Am really disappointed seeing fellow nigerian students beefing and dissing themselves on this issue. Its really absurd. The best advice i can give anyone at a time like this is to fix your self somewhere and be doing something meaningful till its all over.. Cause to me. This strike is similar to graduation.. If u cant get anything doing now, well you may console yourself saying you havent gotten a certificate. But if u cant get anything doing now, i feel your pains. Dont worry.. Job will come to your doorsteps soon.. Duh!
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Richydos(m): 2:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
mcshol: dont allow journalists to mislead u. I can see a light at end of d tunnel. Its true dat wat dey are demanding is somewhat outrageous. From wat i learnt, d mata has been resolved. Goodluck jonathan has approved d so called outrageous demand. If u choose to be misled by journalists whose means of livelihood is telling coordinated lies, ur choice. Just a Mata of tym or shud i say hours remaining for d strike to be officially called off. Any oda tin u hear and believe is ur choice

Who is this 1 n wat is he even sayin sef
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by frankpessu(m): 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2013
Segeggs: They want their 4 months salaries paid to them but who will replace the 4 months they made nigerian students to lose?

If they ever get paid that money, they will never spend it on anything reasonable.

When schools resumes finally, so also will their google search, plagiarism, sale of hand-outs at huge costs, sleeping with female students, runs and bribery, absence from class, chasing students out of their offices, failing students, demi-god attitude and their poor english.

Who will save students from the above?

God go bless u...... Hw wish d fg cn read dis....... ASUU r behavin as if dey r saint......
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Demdem(m): 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
samjbo: I am lost here. I can't find anything resembling fresh demands in the post. Those of you blabbing on ASUU should read carefully and tell us what the new demands are.

U must be joking. U expect these fools to highlight it for u shocked
Ok ooo. I dey wait alsi grin
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by ignis: 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2013
ASUU is currently biting more than they can shew
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by whatofyou: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2013
I have for long been stretching my ears to hear something from our FG. ASUU brings their palaver to the the table, FG is quick to say it is burdensome. When will FG also bring something to the table? I am talking about something that will repair our crumbling educational institution. Something that will make our certificates have value, where a secondary school certificate will give you most jobs that a degree does now; where universities won't be an all-comers affair; renovate our schools- they are mostly death-traps et c.
Pity my forgetfulness, our nation has so many pressing problems! Let me keep stretching my...
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by egift(m): 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
kolidave: its either u live in a cave or cannot read. Nothing fresh or new in ASUU's demand? Abeg do ur research again and this time use a bigger glasses
My friend it seems you did not read the main post. In case you skipped it like many others, let me highlight them for you:
1. For the 5 months ASUU have been on strike, they are qualified to be paid (they are asking for it).
2. The FG have now agreed to pay XYZ amount. ASUU is asking to pay the amount due for this year (the total amount was slitted into years, this years portion is yet to be released).

So can you put sentiments aside to tell us what is wrong with that? Is the Nigeria Students have a demand, they can through their union make those demands. Why do you guys only result to be throwing insults here in pretense of siding with Jonathan (who is yet to receive this feedback or comment on it)?

We are all products of the Nigerian Educational System, I want to plead with the current Nigerian Students to stop bringing shame to all of us here through these childish and bold display of ignorance as showcased here. It's very pathetic and disgraceful.

God Bless Nigeria - Aluta Continua!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction / Igbinedion University To Expel 86 Bauchi Students, Read Reason Why / Do Not Study A Course Just Because You Like It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.