Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,986 members, 7,835,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands (29775 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / FG Condemns ASUU New Demands / FG Condemns ASUU's New Demands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Johnsonpac(m): 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
egift: Abeg what is there for FG to condem? Pay the 4 months pending salary and commense the XYZ you have accepted. What more is there?

Everything to Wike is politics.
Are you part of d thieves?
So you want to be paid for what you didn't. Worked for abi?
The ASUU members better have a rethink before the building start falling on them
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by omenka(m): 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
Super1759: what is this one saying? Who told you about their wards? Take it from me, ASUU have over stepped boundaries, EBSU just left, UNILAG will join soon. And others will follow suit.
I wonder how they want to be paid when they are at home. That's rubbish, my Goodluck is just too soft,that's my problem.
Yeah, he's too soft, little wonder his govt is the most corrupt in the history of this nation. It is so bad he even goes as far as granting duely convicted felons pardon!
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by PreciousBro: 3:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
I think ASUU should have a review at their unscrupulous demands and see if it doesn't brew Greed,Selfishness and nonchalance.

They are bunch of thieves as far as I'm concerned, how can they ask for salaries for work they didn't do, it just goes to show the degree of transparent corruption we're seeing now in this nation.

Isn't the strike a means of sacrifice to yield better result ? Now who will compensate the students haven stayed away from school for almost a year ? If they truly care for this nation and the movement of a better Educational system as the portray, then they should see it as it is, and deal with the loss of no pay due to no work"
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by manneger2: 3:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
All dis update about ASUU shuld stop....live ur life any day dem want make dem call off.....all u guyz saying dey r nt suppose to be paid, did nigeria constitution say so. Many of this ASUU members borrowed moni dis 4 months, so dey gots to pay bck....dis ASUU strike no dey wahala me at all, i jst dey make pips every day siting at home with my lappy, any day dem cal off i go jst round up my 1st degeree....leave dis sick country for a beta qualifification..guyz make una find sumtyn n do... tired of seeing ASUU dis ASUU dat giving urself unnecessary headache

1 Like

Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by egift(m): 3:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
Johnsonpac:
Are you part of d thieves?
So you want to be paid for what you didn't. Worked for abi?
The ASUU members better have a rethink before the building start falling on them

I will try not to stoop so low to exchange insults with you for the sake of sanity. But for the sake of useful discussion, here is what is applicable here:

1. In 2009, after some strike action and negotiations, the Federal Government and ASUU reached an agreement to uplift the Nigerian Tertiary Education system (Jonathan, then VP play a prominent role in that agreement).
2. When Jonathan after being elected President, signed another agreement, stating his commitment to the 2009 FG agreement with ASUU.
3. Till date FG have not fulfill the 2009 agreement - prompting the current ASUU strike action which have lasted 5 months (remember that ASUU did a warning strike for which FG ignored).
4. After a marathon meetings and negotiations, the Federal Government have stated what they will do and ASUU have accepted. Now to call off the strike action, ASUU is asking the FG to pay its members the immediate salary arrears - which is 4 months (the law is very clear on this - if your worker embark on strike because of a dispute, as long as they are still fully employed by you, They Will Be Paid In Full). If anyone have any issue with this Employee Protection Law, you can take it up with the National Assembly and I pray that you will soon find yourself in that same spot with your source of income.

Having highlighted the issues involved, I therefore do not why the insults and name-calling.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by nnamathy: 4:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
egift: Abeg what is there for FG to condem? Pay the 4 months pending salary and commense the XYZ you have accepted. What more is there?

Everything to Wike is politics.
instead of payin dem 4 month no work salary; students shud b paid "STRIKE ALLOWANCE".....f**k dem expecting their four months salary once, every1 of dem won use d money do Gr8 tinxs wit 'NO WORK'......GOD dey oooo
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by drmikeadams(m): 4:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
Segeggs: you are really the demdemoron that they call you. You want ASUU to get paid while students bear the brunt alone? In a negotiation, nobody gets all; Government loses, students lose so therefore ASUU too. Who are they to be excempted?

No work no pay.
Gbam
Why dem go pay dose fools widout working..so they want 2 be paid &they were busy forming Oga boss for Oga Jonah..make faage and nana go drink fuel.:anumanu..

1 Like

Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by flinsburg: 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
Segeggs: They want their 4 months salaries paid to them but who will replace the 4 months they made nigerian students to lose?

If they ever get paid that money, they will never spend it on anything reasonable.

When schools resumes finally, so also will their google search, plagiarism, sale of hand-outs at huge costs, sleeping with female students, runs and bribery, absence from class, chasing students out of their offices, failing students, demi-god attitude and their poor english.

Who will save students from the above?

that is why you have a student union, but are the unions sincere? undecided
Segeggs: They want their 4 months salaries paid to them but who will replace the 4 months they made nigerian students to lose?

If they ever get paid that money, they will never spend it on anything reasonable.

When schools resumes finally, so also will their google search, plagiarism, sale of hand-outs at huge costs, sleeping with female students, runs and bribery, absence from class, chasing students out of their offices, failing students, demi-god attitude and their poor english.

that is why you have a student union, but are the unions sincere?
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by toyinjimoh(m): 5:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
I pity these students, for how long would they continue to stay at home....2013 is bad for Nigeria students
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by onyeka205(m): 6:00pm On Nov 26, 2013

If all these you listed here are being done by your lecturers, that your institution should be shut down permanently becuase I don't think there is any remedy to your institution's sitation.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Mescopaul(m): 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
Super1759: what is this one saying? Who told you about their wards? Take it from me, ASUU have over stepped boundaries, EBSU just left, UNILAG will join soon. And others will follow suit.
I wonder how they want to be paid when they are at home. That's rubbish, my Goodluck is just too soft,that's my problem.

Which Goodluck are u talking of? Hope its not GEJ, if its him, then i hope u knw that Aso Rock is vacant.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by onyeka205(m): 6:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
~PreciousBro~:
I think ASUU should have a review at their unscrupulous demands and see if it doesn't brew Greed,Selfishness and nonchalance.

They are bunch of thieves as far as I'm concerned, how can they ask for salaries for work they didn't do, it just goes to show the degree of transparent corruption we're seeing now in this nation.

Isn't the strike a means of sacrifice to yield better result ? Now who will compensate the students haven stayed away from school for almost a year ? If they truly care for this nation and the movement of a better Educational system as the portray, then they should see it as it is, and deal with the loss of no pay due to no work"

If I must educate you on how things work in the university system, the lost months must be recovered by the university authority that's why ASUU is asking for the payment. They will shorten the semesters and have just one week holiday inbetween semesters.The president knows about this and the money is already with the VCs, what is required is a circular and they will release the money. Forget all about politics, the FG will pay the money but they want to just paint ASUU black before releasing the money.The other demands are in line with the discussion they had with the president. The person that was complaining is the Minister of education and not the president. The message is meant for the president and not for the minister. The president will accept the conditions and the strike will be called off soonest so don't panic.

1 Like

Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by jaidor: 6:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
http://m.nysc.gov.ng/mob-timetable\2014\2014a.php

May the wrath of the disgruntled Nigerian
students strike ASUU!

May they become as shambolic and divided as
PDP!

May the destiny of their future generations be
delayed for frivolous reasons!

ventingmyrage4asuu#
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by searay(m): 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
ignis: ASUU is currently biting more than they can shew
Sweet heart, it is Chew and not the bolded above.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by clnzo: 8:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hackerjay: The Battle line is drawned
abeg u go pry school??

1 Like

Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Danzar: 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
Omexonomy: chief demdemoron the chief m0r0n of nairaland how are you and ur folkes.
Why would ASSU prolong the strike when they know that student will suffer
afterall you dont expect to recieve all what you demand for in a negotiation.
how ASUU could Trust FG,slowpoke.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by kasco27: 10:46pm On Nov 26, 2013

From ur msg I have no doubt that u r a fool. U 've displayed ur animalist attitude to back politicians for ur lecturers. If u don't have any reasonable things tơ̴̴̮͡ say just read the messages online and learn from people comment. These are people who make you tơ̴̴̮͡ be educated, go outside the country and see how the lecturers are been treated.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Abuja2013: 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2013
What is the CV of Wike to be heading Min of Edu. He should be in ministry of youth, Sports or other ministry .in fact, some of d ministers are fit to be in d ministry they head.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
Osahon7: Sauce?

egg n fresh veg....
must every1 comment..
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by kolidave: 11:57pm On Nov 26, 2013
skidoox:

egg n fresh veg....
must every1 comment..
u sef be olodo. That one na sauce?

1 Like

Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Ctoosin: 7:01am On Nov 27, 2013
until any of d commentators become a lecturer, u'll neva undastnd d meaning of what d strike is all abt wc i blif many 'll neva wntd or prayd 2 b. i do nt knw ur views 2wards ur lecturers bt b gr8ful 2 them cos u & ds country owes them much alots
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by vocalprince(m): 8:07am On Nov 27, 2013
ncpat:
my friend go and sleep and expect government to pay you, is university of llorin not owned by government? today uni llorin is one of the best university in Nigeria with a fast academy calendar and do u know why? because they pulled out of the useless ASUU. For Nigerian university to progress they need a transparent and accountability VCs to head and manage the affairs of our universities.I have seen universities that took off successfully but only to fall down because of joining ASUU.
Thank U my brother. One good example of such university is Unizik. Chai!! See self aclaimed "university of the moment". The mighty has fallen for real. SMH!
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by scortez: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2013
When The Leadership Of ASUU
Led By Nassir Fagge Announced
The Commencement Of The
ASUU Strike In July,So Many
People Including Myself
Thought They Had A Goal.I Am
However Disgusted By The Fact
That The Nassir Fagge Led
ASUU Executive Has Lost It's
Way.Two Days Ago There Was A
High Expectation In All Quaters
That The Strike Will Be Called
Off Only For These Clowns To
Come Out Wit Fresh
Demands.Greed They Say
Destroyeth A Man.One Of The
Conditions Given Was That They
Will Be Paid For The Five
Months They Stayed
Idle.Imagine Such Idiotism.Una
No Work Una Wan Chop.How
Will The Students Who Have
Been At Home These Five
Months Be Compensated?
Greedy Old Shylocks! An
Average University Lecturer Is
a Dunce.All They Do Is
Plagiarise Other Peoples Works
And Then Claim It To Be
Theirs.How Many Lecturers Are
Seriously Engaged In Research?
All They Know Is To Sell
Plagiarised Textbooks And
Handouts,And Also Chase
Girls.Now Is The Time To Call
Off The Strike Before They
Completely Loose This
Fight.President Jonathan Is The
First President Ever To Meet
With ASUU,Hence I believe He
Is Committed.I However Feel
That His Being Soft Is His
Weakness.If It Were President
ObasanJo These Old Men Would
Have Called Off This Strike A
Millenia Ago.Anyway My Advice
To Them Is That Uncle Jona Has
More Pressing Issues Notably
The G7 Governors Decamping
To The APC So Before He
Chooses Not To Have Time For
ASUU They Had Better Call Off
The Strike.Oga At The Top Has
Spoken!
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Inova(m): 10:19am On Nov 27, 2013

You want to know who will save students? Its obvious you are still a learner.
All these attributes you are listing is as a result of the need for the lecturers to survive in a country were education is not paramount. Had the government showed enough dedication to pursue excellence in the educational sector from the on start, all these attributes wouldn't have been there in the first place. Don't blame the lecturer for a hydra headed issue created by the govt in the first place
Hope you get it now.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Inova(m): 10:19am On Nov 27, 2013

All these attributes you are listing is as a result of the need for the lecturers to survive in a country were education is not paramount. Had the government showed enough dedication to pursue excellence in the educational sector from the on start, all these attributes wouldn't have been there in the first place. Don't blame the lecturer for a hydra headed issue created by the govt in the first place
Hope you get it now.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 27, 2013
Inova:
Hope you get it now.

[b]You obviously are as corrupt as those ASUU lecturers, you even had the guts to read the below parts and justify it as a means of survival. When has Sex become a means of survival?

I haven't seen any lecturer abroad who earn as much as Nigeria lecturers do, even in a world class University.

I was a lecturer for a semester but I deferred because I couldn't keep up with the work load. My salary was ~N215,000 with a tuition waiver for my MSc. I'm currently working as a laboratory attendant on the same salary.

My supervisor earns ~N885,000. He has a Post Doctorate degree with 15 years experience in field research.

Our departmental head earns ~N1,230,000 he has a PhD with over 20 years of experience in academia and research.

These Professors have academic research autonomy so they must always fulfil those conditions by publishing research papers.

They go as far as to part with a portion of their salaries to sponsor students research so that their names could be on the research paper. Just to meet up with the school's expectations.

Nigeria Lecturers are just greedy mud.er.fuc.kers. An Assistant professor in Nigeria Universities earns more money than a professor with a Post Doctorate degree at the University of Nottingham, a University ranking top 100 in the world.

These Nigeria lecturers get bogus allowances and yet demand for more and cry victim later. No wonder Dr. Obiga rejected an offer to be a lecturer here after his PhD, he said there's more money in Nigeria.

Nigeria is a $hit hole, some nice guy should just nuke it out of the face of this earth. Everything stinks of corruption.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by kalimera101: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2013
All of u saying that Govt. Should pay ASUU for the lost 4 months, I meant 5 FREAKING MONTHS are either STUPID OR EVEN MORE STUPID. When has it been that u don't work and u get paid. God too punish ASUU. God too punish these Lecturers. If ur parent(s) is a lecturer. I'm sorry for my harsh comment.
But it will be harsh anyway.
I'm trying to read one Lecture note now. Can any of u guess when the Note was compiled?
If ur guess was within the 2000s u are so wrong that I weep for u.
If ur guess was in the 1900s u understand the method.
This note was compiled in 1989. All the research sources were dated 1970 and above. So tell me is it the fund the Govt will be providing that is going to change their notes and attitudes to work.
That they should be paid allowances for doing their work. Then what the hell was their salaries 4. Wen this thing started, I was thinking it was salary again. Instead it was Junk. Junk I tell you.
Wen we resume they want to threaten us to buy one certain unknown book else we won't pass.
I say God too punish them.
What sort of life is this? Even if this money comes for the so called infrastructure 10% will go to the actuall projects while the remaining 90 only God knows.
Oh God am so Pissed now eh.
Call me arrogant and stupid. Quote this my post and say ' rantings of a fool.'
But I'll call u ignorant and silly to not see that this ASUU people are not it at all.
They suspend NEC meeting because one man I don't know went and died. ASUU members voted to call it off, they came up with fresh demands.
How many students had lost their lives within these 5 months, frankly, I don't know either.
Some1 might even claim 'so are u saying that if ASUU was not on strike they wouldn't have died?'
I didn't like checking the newspapers because this ASUU thing is Depressing. But this fresh demand thing is something else.
Then one idiot might say, go and learn a trade. Oh I did dat sonny, I'm still doing that, but I want to go to school. That my parents can't afford private universities and international schools is it a sin to school in Nigeria's public universities?
Another person will say, why are u making a fuss, it's not like wen u graduate, u will get a job? 'Buzz' sorry, I believe that with the right skill and God by your side, anything is possible. But let me finish school first and cross that bridge wen I get there.

3 Likes

Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by vocalprince(m): 12:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
kalimera101: All of u saying that Govt. Should pay ASUU for the lost 4 months, I meant 5 FREAKING MONTHS are either STUPID OR EVEN MORE STUPID. When has it been that u don't work and u get paid. God too punish ASUU. God too punish these Lecturers. If ur parent(s) is a lecturer. I'm sorry for my harsh comment.
But it will be harsh anyway.
I'm trying to read one Lecture note now. Can any of u guess when the Note was compiled?
If ur guess was within the 2000s u are so wrong that I weep for u.
If ur guess was in the 1900s u understand the method.
This note was compiled in 1989. All the research sources were dated 1970 and above. So tell me is it the fund the Govt will be providing that is going to change their notes and attitudes to work.
That they should be paid allowances for doing their work. Then what the hell was their salaries 4. Wen this thing started, I was thinking it was salary again. Instead it was Junk. Junk I tell you.
Wen we resume they want to threaten us to buy one certain unknown book else we won't pass.
I say God too punish them.
What sort of life is this? Even if this money comes for the so called infrastructure 10% will go to the actuall projects while the remaining 90 only God knows.
Oh God am so Pissed now eh.
Call me arrogant and stupid. Quote this my post and say ' rantings of a fool.'
But I'll call u ignorant and silly to not see that this ASUU people are not it at all.
They suspend NEC meeting because one man I don't know went and died. ASUU members voted to call it off, they came up with fresh demands.
How many students had lost their lives within these 5 months, frankly, I don't know either.
Some1 might even claim 'so are u saying that if ASUU was not on strike they wouldn't have died?'
I didn't like checking the newspapers because this ASUU thing is Depressing. But this fresh demand thing is something else.
Then one idiot might say, go and learn a trade. Oh I did dat sonny, I'm still doing that, but I want to go to school. That my parents can't afford private universities and international schools is it a sin to school in Nigeria's public universities?
Another person will say, why are u making a fuss, it's not like wen u graduate, u will get a job? 'Buzz' sorry, I believe that with the right skill and God by your side, anything is possible. But let me finish school first and cross that bridge wen I get there.
My guy U are so on point. U are one of the best things to have happened to this education section in nairaland. God bless U wella. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Sike(m): 1:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
Let's Go 2014!
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by drhammed: 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
honestly ,i didnt want to comment b4 ,bt d law binding any labor is dt IF ANY LABOR UNION STRIKE 4 MORE DAN 3MNTH,DIA SALARY MUST NOT BE PAID AGAIN , u wl c dt @ d end of everytin,ASUU wl end up getin jux Octoba nd Novemba salary ,dats if dh resum dz mnth,and d 1st 3mnth wl b forfeitd ,nd if it entas january,makin it 6mnth,d whole salary wont b paid ,they wl blame diaselve 4d loss,i jux wish GEJ shud pay dm nd cal a SPADE A SPADE ,am tird of home ,honestly
egift:

I will try not to stoop so low to exchange insults with you for the sake of sanity. But for the sake of useful discussion, here is what is applicable here:

1. In 2009, after some strike action and negotiations, the Federal Government and ASUU reached an agreement to uplift the Nigerian Tertiary Education system (Jonathan, then VP play a prominent role in that agreement).
2. When Jonathan after being elected President, signed another agreement, stating his commitment to the 2009 FG agreement with ASUU.
3. Till date FG have not fulfill the 2009 agreement - prompting the current ASUU strike action which have lasted 5 months (remember that ASUU did a warning strike for which FG ignored).
4. After a marathon meetings and negotiations, the Federal Government have stated what they will do and ASUU have accepted. Now to call off the strike action, ASUU is asking the FG to pay its members the immediate salary arrears - which is 4 months (the law is very clear on this - if your worker embark on strike because of a dispute, as long as they are still fully employed by you, They Will Be Paid In Full). If anyone have any issue with this Employee Protection Law, you can take it up with the National Assembly and I pray that you will soon find yourself in that same spot with your source of income.

Having highlighted the issues involved, I therefore do not why the insults and name-calling.
Re: FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands by Ekob(m): 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
onyeka205:

If all these you listed here are being done by your lecturers, that your institution should be shut down permanently becuase I don't think there is any remedy to your institution's sitation.
Do u mean to tell me u are not aware of all these happenings in Nigerian universities?..pls what part of the bush r u from cause i knw are nt a Nigerian

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Inability To Speak Fluent English Is Costing Me Huge Opportunities. / Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction / Igbinedion University To Expel 86 Bauchi Students, Read Reason Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.