Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend (23739 Views)

Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled / TV Series That You Have Watched So Far? / Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by DanWrites(m): 10:24am On Nov 30, 2013
Funny no one has mentioned DEVIOUS MAIDS...my sister got me into it n it wasn't so bad after all.

1 Like

Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by Lashifon: 1:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
no one seems to mention ALIAS....if u hv not watched ALIAS...u are so 2000 and late...u nid to see sidney bristow and marshal flinkman in action.....ALIAS still remain my best followed by GAME OF THRONES

1 Like

Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
Devious Maids
Revenge
Homeland
Scandal
Covert affairs
Suits
Criminal Minds
Without a trace, Cold case and flash point ( now canceled).
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by darqly(m): 2:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
Boardwalk Empire
The Sopranos
The Walking Dead
Band of Brothers......just awesome(Damian Lewis)
The Pacific (I'm a huge fan of WW2 obviously)
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
prison break
vampires dairies
secret life of d American teeneger
merlin
legend of d seeker
the promise
the two of us
one tree hill
Dangerous luv...u won't regret buying any of d above
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by sonyc00(m): 2:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
Everybody hates chris,faith,city hunter,common law,a man called god,boys for flowers,penguins of madagascar,kung fu panda.
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by 12month: 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
The ones i enjoyed

The Mentalist
The Walking DEAD
Game of thrones
Prison Break
The Unit
wink
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by 12month: 3:13pm On Nov 30, 2013
Lashifon: no one seems to mention ALIAS....if u hv not watched ALIAS...u are so 2000 and late...u nid to see sidney bristow and marshal flinkman in action.....ALIAS still remain my best followed by GAME OF THRONES

i enjoyed it but it's too fictional
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by aadejesu: 5:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
chupcake: 1. Breaking Bad - On paper, this is the best series of all time with a 99/100 rating on Metacritic and it did live up to the hype. Still don't like that 'Eisenberg' had to die tho.

2. 24 - You must have heard about it before. Best espionage series out there. Glad its coming back 2014.

3. Anything from Julie Plec - From TVD, Originals and Tomorrow People. She really knows how to pen those stories.

4. Scandal - If you into Political Dramas and White House BS. Then you'll like this one. The fact that Kerry Washington is hot and takes her top off almost every episode helps too.

5. 2 Broke Girls - Everything from Sexual Innuendos to Well written stories. Particularly love Kat Dennings Boobs.

6. Carlifornication - All you need to know is that it's an HBO series, Its about fornicating in California. Do you need anymore reason to watch?

7. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - Continuation of the Avengers storyline but it focuses more on Shield. *Spoiler - Coulsen, the dude Loki stabbed before Hulk almost destroyed that giant flying thingy, He didn't die*

8. Legend of Korra - If you liked Avartar - The last Airbender, You'll love this one.

9. AMC's The Walking Dead - Who doesn't like the idea of a zombie apocalypse. Nicely written.

10. Pretty Little Liars - Boring for the first 7 episodes or so but it is pretty addictive.

11. Nikita - I just love Maggie Q (Naked Weapon). Really really nice. Struggling with ratings not though but its just 5 episodes more, they can't cancel anymore.

12. Real Husband Of Hollywood - Fakest, funniest semi scripted reality TV show ever. Kevin Hart is a genius.

13 Mindy Project - I love the lead character, Funny and nice stories.

I don't like Arrows, too depressing for me.. Saw 7 episodes and i didn't even laugh once. Loved White Collar, i'll start watching that one again sef. If i remember more, i'll update but Either way, make sure you check online to see if they haven't been cancelled before you start watching.

this post shows you really know your movies. impressive list this is as I'd seen quite a number of them. I gave up on Hollywood movies about a year ago when there were too many craps and repetitions coming-out, But I think I might give some movies being mentioned here a try.
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
THE WIRE!!!!!!!!!! (Arguably The Best Series Ever)
GAME of THRONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE SOPRANOS (UNDOUBTEDLY THE BEST WRITTEN SERIES EVER)
BOARDWALK EMIPRE
Breaking Bad
Sherlock
Downton Abbey
Suits
Revenge
Arrested Development
Mad Men (MOST COMPLEX CHARACTERS IN ANY TV SHOW)
The Good Wife
The Newsroom
Pillars of the Earth
Gossip Girl
Orange is the new Black
Da Vinci Demons
Fringe
The Wire
Luther
Strike Back
Ringer
Rome

AMERICAN HORROR STORY
HANNIBAL
I'm a TV & Movie Aficionado & Critic and I Vouch my experience on The Listed Titles

You can get these series here, See "FAQ" & "TV SERIES"

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dntuwq3s4odktv6/K5uURc-eZ6

Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by smladeoye(m): 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
BREAKING BAD !!! Best series ever

1 Like

Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by mozzie(f): 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2013
why are people not mentioning off the map,monday mornings. i love the evebt &V too(except that twaz cancelled). hannibal andthe following too will keep you thinking. i love under the dome too but it was too short( i had goose pimples through out). tyler perry's diary of a mad black woman.. scandal and once upon a time too sweetened my belle.

1 Like

Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by fabulousdame(f): 8:58pm On Nov 30, 2013
i'm such a movie freak..i've seen almost all d series everyone mentioned here...
game of thrones(a masterpiece, the setting, bckground, story, characters...nothing beats dis movie...my best)
grey's anatomy( a medical drama..i love it. it's really tragic... second best)
others include.. 2 broke girls, single ladies, arrow, nikita, walking dead, legend of d seeker(great characters)...the list is endless.. cant mention all cos i'll ve to mention almost all series.
#moviefreak.com

#teamdrizzy
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by badbull92(m): 9:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
Chuck event psych 44100 vampire diaries original tara nova naruto bleach samurai x arrow one tree hill jumong 4 gods city hunter...revolution
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2013
Smallville(still waiting 4 s11)
the bourn notice
vampires dairy
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by xtophera(f): 12:05am On Dec 01, 2013
LEVERAGE
HUSTLE -british version of leverage
NCIS
NCIS Los Angeles
BORN NOTICE
WHITE COLLAR
HUMAN TARGET
THE PRETENDER
PERSON OF INTEREST
Fringe
No ordinary family

Just for laughs
VICTORIOUS
BIG TIME RUSH
MY WIFE and KIDS
FAITH and HOPE

Am yet to get the hype for this Games Of Thrones undecided
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by Habidab: 12:09pm On Dec 01, 2013
AUTOBOT ROLL OUT= TRANSFORMER I,II,III grin cheesy
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by mytym(m): 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
Criminal Minds
Suits
Scandal/The fixer
The Good Wife
Lie To Me
Homeland
Strike Back
**Nollywood**
Tinsel
Clinic Matters
Doctors Quarters
Agbára Nlá
Àrélù
Apèrè Òràn
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by Tochi4life: 2:25pm On Dec 01, 2013
R2bees: Toochukwu what season does true blood end?

it hasn't been ended, season 7 it's in production and would start mid 2014.
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
Tochi4life:

it hasn't been ended, season 7 it's in production and would start mid 2014.
aite. Thanks
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by stillmaticOG(m): 9:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
sons of anarchy
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by USADiasporan: 1:18am On Dec 02, 2013
American Horror Story
Damages
Dexter
Battlestar Galactica
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by sultan003(m): 1:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ayee Idris: Supernatural. The angels have been expelled from heaven. Season 9 will be awesome

British Doctor who. Series 4 and 5. 'Hello, I am the doctor'

Just finished episode 9 of supernatural season 9.
It is awesome
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by georgecso(m): 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
*Lost is my favorite.. (although l became lost but never the less l watched it till the end)

*24 (If you have not watched it, l don't think you are on this planet)

*The Event ( Intriguing/Thrilling)

*Prison Break (Love/thrilling)

* Scandals (Na real Scandal.. )
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by mytym(m): 5:01am On Sep 18, 2014
I think Person of Interest became boring and i eventually got lost watching Lost-guess its the sole purpose of that show.

Both series featured this bespectacled character in Person of Interest, i presume he's attracted to anything where Chaos Analysis will first be applied and then proved to be 'insufficient'.
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by Callfubu(m): 5:49am On Sep 18, 2014
AdannayaBella: Ok, I see some people have already recommended Scandal, Person of Interest and Arrow, those three are awesome shows. Another great TV show to watch is Suits, it is the bomb. Even if you're not into legal drama, Harvey Specter's hotness and panache is enough to keep you glued to the show.

Also Hannibal if you love dark and horror themed shows. It is for people with GUTS. If you can't stand the sight of gore, Hannibal is certainly not for you. Nevertheless, it is a brilliant show.

And of course, GAME OF THRONES. This is the best show out there, it truly lives up to its hype. It is in a completely different league from the rest of the shows out there, nothing else comes a close second.
just when I was beginning to lose faith in the human race, you came along. How can a human being's top ten not include Suits and GOT?!!! That's way too alarming
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by Callfubu(m): 5:50am On Sep 18, 2014
AdannayaBella: Ok, I see some people have already recommended Scandal, Person of Interest and Arrow, those three are awesome shows. Another great TV show to watch is Suits, it is the bomb. Even if you're not into legal drama, Harvey Specter's hotness and panache is enough to keep you glued to the show.

Also Hannibal if you love dark and horror themed shows. It is for people with GUTS. If you can't stand the sight of gore, Hannibal is certainly not for you. Nevertheless, it is a brilliant show.

And of course, GAME OF THRONES. This is the best show out there, it truly lives up to its hype. It is in a completely different league from the rest of the shows out there, nothing else comes a close second.
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by Callfubu(m): 6:15am On Sep 18, 2014
1. Game of Thrones ( awesomeness doesn't even begin to describe it)
2. Suits (best law series out there, suspense,twist its all there)
3. 24 (Jack Bauer, need I say more?)
4. One Piece (best anime series, for those who love cartoons, you can never go bored with this)
5. Da Vinci's Demons (intriguing to say the least, 3rd season in the offing)
6. The Blacklist (Alan Shore of Boston legal gave me a run for my money, he pretty much killed this one)
7. Vampires Diaries (arguably the best vampire series out there, grew tired of them trying to extend to the originals)
8. Revenge (quite eye-catching)
9. Criminal Minds (amazing insight to crime and serial killers, young Dr. Reed is one to watch)
10. Game of Thrones (yeah yeah, I know I mentioned it in no1, that's just how crazily awesome it is, if you haven't watched this, you're on a long thing *in d'banj's voice*)
Re: Movie Series That You Enjoyed And You Recommend by maxiwise: 10:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
My favourite Nigerian/American series movie is Bob Hearts Abishola
Very interesting and funny.check it out
https://7r6.com/LS96

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

AMAA: Burna Boy Presents The Manager Of The Year Award To His Mum, Bose Ogulu / Website To Download Foreign Season Films And Nigerian Movies Too.(drop Yours) / Bbnaija: Biggie Introduces New Twist For Eviction, Divides Housemates Into Teams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.