Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? (2598 Views)

At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? / Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. / Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by fatstan1: 6:31pm On Jul 22, 2008
why is it that we meet a person and all we can think of is spending the rest of our lives with that person?
why cant we just enjoy the moment without plan for the future?
why do we want to own the person and have right over them?

whats ur idea?
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Persona82(m): 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2008
What then is the essence of a relationship?

Concerning owning? Dunno 'bout that.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by MissyB1(m): 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2008
I actually don't xpect ma every relationship to end up in marriage
or last forever just incase. . . undecided
bhut yl in it,i do ma best to mk it work out nd i xpect anything
bearing in mind dat its probability of workin out is 50-50.
Observation has it dat pple who carry their relationship like their whole
life depends on it,re d same set of pple dat carry out stupid actions
wen dey get heartbroken.it's alwaz safe NOT TO XPECT TOO MUCH.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2008
Some of us love to know where we are going. I would never date someone I don't see as a potential husband. What's the use of a pointless relationship, total waste of my precious time.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 22, 2008
stillwater:

Some of us love to know where we are going. I would never date someone I don't see as a potential husband. What's the use of a pointless relationship, total waste of my precious time.

100% in agreement. Why waste yours and her time if its not going to lead anywhere? At this stage i have no time to waste on a bootycall.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by ogrebuga(m): 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2008
What's the point in expending energy and resources on a project that you're gonna tear down in a few weeks? tongue
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 22, 2008
ogrebuga:

What's the point in expending energy and resources on a project that you're going to tear down in a few weeks? tongue

There's nothing wrong in making your intentions clear to your partner at the onset of the relationship. It's better that way than deceiving people.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by HCH3COO: 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2008
grin Relationships come and go. Marriage is supposed to last forever.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by ogrebuga(m): 9:20pm On Jul 22, 2008
stillwater:

There's nothing wrong in making your intentions clear to your partner at the onset of the relationship. It's better that way than deceiving people.

So we're gonna be telling each other we're in love, knowing it's only temporary with no hope of leading anywhere? That's the stuff evil love stories are made of, no thank you. Not going anywhere, not worth starting. Feel me?
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Busta(f): 9:43pm On Jul 22, 2008
fat stan:

why is it that we meet a person and all we can think of is spending the rest of our lives with that person?
why can't we just enjoy the moment without plan for the future?

whats your idea?

not for me.

I have actually had one knowing right from the beginning that it wasn't going to work out . . yet, i dug my head in it and got more than a headache.

sometimes . . .some guys don't understand the word "NO" or "I NO DO AGAIN"
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2008
ogrebuga:

So we're going to be telling each other we're in love, knowing it's only temporary with no hope of leading anywhere? That's the stuff evil love stories are made of, no thank you. Not going anywhere, not worth starting. Feel me?

ogrebuga:

What's the point in expending energy and resources on a project that you're going to tear down in a few weeks? tongue

Your posts are contradictory to me embarassed
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Hannibal: 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2008
fat stan:

why can't we just enjoy the moment without plan for the future?

whats your idea?

People define the kind of relationships they want to have.
Although Africans are conservative about pure sexual relationships so nobody sets out to have a dead end relationship based purely on sex.
In some parts of the world. . . . .a guy and a babe can agree on such arrangements with no strings attached.

stillwater:

Where are u going??
I mean are u saying u would see a 16-20 yr-old dude as a potential husband if you're dating him??
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2008
Hannibal:

Where are u going??
I mean are u saying u would see a 16-20 yr-old dude as a potential husband if you're dating him??

I'm going somewhere
In the first place a 16-20yr old would never be my boyfriend let alone a potential husband, where I'm concerned. The thought of considering him as my date would automatically be swapped off my mind.
I like my guys mature both in age and mentality.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Hannibal: 9:59pm On Jul 22, 2008
stillwater:

I'm going somewhere
In the first place a 16-20yr old would never be my boyfriend let alone a potential husband, where I'm concerned. The thought of considering him as my date would automatically be swapped off my mind.
I like my guys mature both in age and mentality.

I am mature in age n mentality, do u consider me as a potential husband??
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2008
Hannibal:

I am mature in age n mentality, do u consider me as a potential husband??

cheesy tongue
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Hannibal: 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2008
stillwater:

cheesy tongue

Is that a STRONG yes or a weak NO?? wink wink wink
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by eldee(m): 10:16pm On Jul 22, 2008
@topic
Exactly my sentiments
If you go into every relationship with the aim of getting married, what happens when you see that u're not made for each other?
This we must marry mentality is the reason why people commit suicides after break-ups
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Hannibal: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2008
eldee:

@topic
Exactly my sentiments
If you go into every relationship with the aim of getting married, what happens when you see that u're not made for each other?
This we must marry mentality is the reason why people commit suicides after break-ups

Only Africans have this mentality. . . . .
A white chic has a chart of how many guys she must shag before she gets married. . . . . .
They know the relationship is a dead end right from start so no strings attached. . . . When she's choked, she moves on and find anutha geezer!
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2008
Hannibal:

Is that a STRONG yes or a weak NO?? wink wink wink

I don't know you. I certainly cannot deduce what you are here undecided
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by onyinye2(f): 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2008
@post

i feel that if im dating a person of course im going to think about the future. i mean isn't that the point of relationship. to see if you can spend the rest of your life with that person. i dont understand how people are in relationships for two years and still have no plans on marriage.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by ogrebuga(m): 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2008
@el  n hannibal,
rofl! cheesy

@stillwater,
contradictory aw? First one says, no point building a relationship you know won't last or lead anywhere. second one says the same. Abi mi o gbo oyinbo mo ni?  
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by HCH3COO: 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2008
eldee:

@topic
Exactly my sentiments

Exactly!
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Chat2MeBac(f): 10:26pm On Jul 22, 2008
Busta:

not for me.

I have actually had one knowing right from the beginning that it wasn't going to work out . . yet, i dug my head in it and got more than a headache.

sometimes . . .some guys don't understand the word "NO" or "I NO DO AGAIN"

Rofl, So Busta even after all your 'warnings" the goat still hang around? LOL,

@topic
Communication Rocks!! Make sure both parties are clear from the beginning what the relationship entails. The problem here is that, Men more than women, like to have their cake and eat it too.  For those type of situations, I strongly recommend "open relationships" And contrary to popular belief, they do work,
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by eldee(m): 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2008
Hannibal:

A white chic has a chart of how many guys she must shag before she gets married. . . . . .
They know the relationship is a dead end right from start so no strings attached. . . . When she's choked, she moves on and find anutha geezer!
Exactly, know what you want, even if it's just a placeholder . . .
It's only our african women that feel every dude that takes 'em to Mr Biggs three times is Mr Right
I've never seen a country so marriage obsessed . . . my daizzz

I thought relationships always start with 'Let's see where we can go with this' before 'Let's take it to the next level'
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Hannibal: 10:29pm On Jul 22, 2008
stillwater:

I don't know you. I certainly cannot deduce what you are here undecided

Use ur church mind!!!!

onyinye2:

i feel that if im dating a person of course im going to think about the future. i mean isn't that the point of relationship. to see if you can spend the rest of your life with that person. i don't understand how people are in relationships for two years and still have no plans on marriage.

Some men would actually run away from u when u start bringing up marriage issues and stuffs.
One step at a time, ladies. . . . . . . no man wants to be with a desperate babe ready to do whatever for the altar.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2008
eldee:

@topic
Exactly my sentiments

Not necessarily a "we must marry" mentality, it's a matter of knowing what you want and going to get it. I would not entangle myself with people with no plans for the future. As I said earlier, total waste of my time.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by ogrebuga(m): 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2008
stillwater:

Not necessarily a "we must marry" mentality, it's a matter of knowing what you want and going to get it. I would not entangle myself with people with no plans for the future. As I said earlier, total waste of my time.

My point exactly.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by eldee(m): 10:36pm On Jul 22, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

@topic
Communication Rocks!! Make sure both parties are clear from the beginning what the relationship entails. The problem here is that, Men more than women, like to have their cake and eat it too.  For those type of situations, I strongly recommend "open relationships" And contrary to popular belief, they do work,
angry angry angry angry angry
Don't dare me . . . I'll take you to Nandos three times and we'll be engaged cheesy cheesy

stillwater:

You can't go out with me for two weeks and know we'll get married
You decide AFTER, not before the relationship starts

What happened to taking one step at a time?
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2008
ogrebuga:

@el  n hannibal,
rofl! cheesy

@stillwater,
contradictory aw? First one says, no point building a relationship you know won't last or lead anywhere. second one says the same. Abi mi o gbo oyinbo mo ni?  

Sorry oo, the oyinbo scatter my head, lmao grin

Hannibal:

Use your church mind!!!!

My church mind is not with me at this instant.  lmao
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2008
Hannibal:

Another ignorant piece. The question is who are the white girl's you've been meeting? The ones i meet have a pretty clear idea of what they want and it certainly isnt a quick shag.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by onyinye2(f): 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2008
Hannibal:

Some men would actually run away from u when u start bringing up marriage issues and stuffs.
One step at a time, ladies. . . . . . . no man wants to be with a desperate babe ready to do whatever for the altar.

okay im not saying that as soon as i walk into the relationship im going to start talking of marriage or spending our lives together. im saying that i would date people i would see as potential life partners.
Re: Why The General Believe That Relationship Should Last Forever? by Hannibal: 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2008
eldee:

You can't go out with me for two weeks and know we'll get married
You decide AFTER, not before the relationship starts

What happened to taking one step at a time?

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nigerian chics like double-promotion.
Take em to Mr Biggs and u are half-married to them.
Call em the next day and they are calling u "daddy" already. . . . .
By the time u spell ALEX FERGUSON, they have told their parents u are the fiance.

stillwater:

My church mind is not with me at this instant.  lmao

Find your church mind ASAP or should we go to Nandos to seal the deal??

davidylan:

Another ignorant piece. The question is who are the white girl's you've been meeting? The ones i meet have a pretty clear idea of what they want and it certainly isnt a quick shag.

Shut up, bozo.
According to what we read 48 hrs ago, the white chics u get to meet are ALL on TV(Sex and the City). grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wetin Do Naija Girls Self! / Flirting - Cool Or Uncool? / Guys Please Make Us Girls Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.