Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,729 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! (83255 Views)

ECA Fund: Say The Truth, Oshiomole Tells Okonjo-Iweala / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! Mad Idea To Help The Woman! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by eagleeye2: 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01:

There is a logical interpretation of that than the emotionally biased meaning given to it. The extent to which he was frustrated and infuriated by the woman's indirect justification of her act.
"Temper Justice with Mercy"
I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice. ~ Abraham Lincoln

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
manny4life:

That is why I asked na,

It's ok for a Judge to sentence someone to DEATH because they stole recharge cards (not armed roberry or even violent theft), but someone who steal billions at the expense of patients in the hospital, bad roads that leads to numerous accidents, poor safety standards and metrics in different boards and entities, even pensioners who end up committing suicide, they allow these same folks walk free. If this isn't a form of physiological violence, then what is?

Meanwhile, go tell that to the U.S. Judge who sentenced Bernie Madoff to 150 years in Jain "TWICE", as well as other well known sentence the difference between armed robbery and non-violent theft.

We are talking Nigeria not US sir and I wonder what the ruling of a Judge on a case has to do with the subject of discourse.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
AdannayaBella: Some pathetic people with unbelievably daft reasoning on this thread continuously screaming "She broke the law, she broke the law." What law did she break when she is not even a hawker? A fact that should already have been established if you fish brains took 2 minutes out of your pitiable lives to watch the video. In your unintelligent minds, that woman was a hawker trying to sell goods still sealed in huge cartons? How is that even plausible? You guys need to straighten out your thinking faculties, it's too wretched.
Word!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by doopsy(f): 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
Oshoimole is a total disgrace...how can you tell someone to go and die in public,if you can do this,what will the children and youths be doing....mehn...the heart of man is wicked,I seriously hope channels or one of this teevee stations take this up....a person the gods want to kill turns mad at first...osho baba heeennn,those fresh girls done they make you feel on top of the world...ok now..
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pappilo(m): 10:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

No! Doctors like me save more lives cos I can tear you open and eat my lunch 5 mins after the surgery. Those doctors who have your kind of emotions throws up and shakes like a jelly fish when the see a cadaver.

Life is not what you think it is bro. Open your eyes to the reality.

You must be a quack doctor. No real doctor could have watched that video and try to justify what that ugly barsteward said to the widow. A widow's means of livelyhood, probably acquired over many years of hard work was being taken away from her and you think its justified. Have you no empathy?

No law in Nigeria gives anyone the power to seize the property of a person who has alighted from a bus at an undesignated stop.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by theoctopus: 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01:

We are talking Nigeria not US sir and I wonder what the ruling of a Judge on a case has to do with the subject of discourse.

This is your answer right there, iddiota!

Florida Cop Buys $100 in Groceries for Woman Caught Shoplifting Food

A struggling Florida mom who was caught trying to shoplift hundreds of dollars of groceries ended up with food and a ride home from a kind-hearted police officer, instead of a ride to the stationhouse.

When Miami-Dade Police Officer Vicki Thomas, 55, was dispatched to look into a shoplifting case at a Publix grocery store, a store manager led her to Jessica Robles.

“She was crying. I said, ‘Okay, what did she take?’ And he pointed to a grocery cart that was full of groceries,” Thomas told ABCNews.com. “I’ve been on [the job] 23 years, and I went, wow.”

“She just filled up the grocery cart and she just walked out, which shocked me and I asked her, ‘Why?’” Thomas recalled. “She said, ‘My children were hungry.’ And that immediately impacted me.”

Thomas said Robles told her through tears, “I’d love to be able to tell you I’ll never do this again, but I can’t because my children are hungry.”

“My grandchildren flashed before my eyes,” Thomas said. “I knew at that time what I was going to do. I knew I was going to buy her groceries.”

Thomas and her partner took the woman to their car, completed her paperwork and then Thomas asked her to wait a few minutes.

“I grabbed my debit card, ran back into the store and bought things that would sustain her for a week or so and when I walked out she saw that I had the cart of groceries and she burst out in tears and asked if she could hug me, which is kind of unusual for the suspect to be hugging the officer,” Thomas said with a laugh. “I let her hug me.”

Thomas made it clear that she technically arrested Robles. The woman had no priors for shoplifting and since the amount of goods she tried to steal amounted to just under $300, the cut-off for a misdemeanor, it was up to Thomas’ discretion whether to arrest her or give her the misdemeanor and get a promise to appear in court. She chose the latter.

The woman didn’t have a car, so Thomas loaded the $100 worth of groceries into the police car and the officers gave her a ride home.

“I’m a full-service cop,” Thomas joked.

At Robles’ house, Thomas met two of her three children.

“She went into the house and said, ‘Come outside. The officer bought us groceries,’” Thomas said. “They came outside and they were helping us bring the groceries in, going through the bags asking, ‘Can I eat this? Can I have that?’”

“I honestly didn’t know the magnitude of how bad it was until later,” she said. “We got the groceries in and I got back in my car and took the next call.”

Robles could not be reached for comment.

Thomas hesitantly admitted that she has done good deeds for people she encounters on the job “a lot,” such as buying meals, but admitted this was an unusual case. She said it’s not uncommon for police to go above and beyond their required duties.

She recalled an incident where her sergeant arrested a woman’s husband for domestic violence and the woman didn’t have any gas in her car to go to her mother’s house. The sergeant put $80 of gas in the car.

“We do it silently,” Thomas said. “The victims know and I figure she’s the one that mattered. I just don’t normally buy subjects groceries.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/10/florida-cop-buys-100-in-groceries-for-woman-caught-shoplifting-food/
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 10:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
manny4life:

The Constitution was drafted and signed by who? How do you define a govt? A govt is -, by the - and for the - (now fill in the blanks).

Please don't preach about Constitution, the Edo state people are the govt, they make their laws so if they deem that their govt has erred, they should remove him... Shikena.

You can uphold the law without being rude and callous and most importantly being unethical and uncouth about it. Like I said, Edo citizens reserve the right to impeach him immediately.

The constitution is not same as public opinion, please get your facts right sir, no offence.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by KayDee4: 10:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

The woman has a right to press charges, I don't know she should get a lawyer and know her options.

We live in a civilised society and I still think that the Governor's choice of words is very wrong.

But hawking, nah nothing kills an economy more than when people steal jobs instead of creating one.

We need to expand our middle class. That's the catalyst for a growing economy. Enough of these hawking already, we've been hawking since 1960 or before.

How is she stealing jobs ? She created a job for herself and that is one less jobless person off the streets.

. . . . . and your other post was talking about her not paying taxes. How much profit does she make from hawking that would warrant her to be taxed. If the tax system and govt were functioning properly she would be eligible for tax breaks or exemptions and even welfare.

I'm not in support of her flouting a rule that says "No hawking" (and I believe she wasn't), I just want to understand how she 'steals jobs by hawking' - according to you.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 10:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01:

Oh, we're talking about Nigeria now, I was only making a connection between your distinction of "armed robbery" and "non-violent" crimes. If you're wondering what it has to do with it, go back to the posts again. My point, robbery is robbery, armed or unarmed... So like the so-called judges you referenced, they are the same..
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by coogar: 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

Until you give up those emotions, it'll be hard for you to push forward in life. I'm a Medical Doctor and I can assure you that I've seen more emotions from patients in ICU but that doesn't mean that the surgery wouldn't be performed.

Think about the greater good. If everyone starts crying and begging like this woman, what do you think would be of our society?

Armed robbers cry too
Ritualists cry more
Even Kidnappers
...name them.

You cannot rule a state or a family wearing a sweat pant. Rules are rules and any who defaults must face the law. It's that simple.

you are a disgrace to the university that have you your degree. scratch that, you can't even be a doctor with this bottom-level intelligence you have displayed here.

how can you compare this innocent woman to an armed robber, kidnapper or ritualist when all she's done was attempting to move her wares from one point to another?

i think the poverty in nigeria has desensitised the average nigerian. this is why many of you have no pity for this woman trying to eke a living. they say crime does not pay & yet they still seized this woman's wares.

rudedough, you should be ashamed of yourself for justifying this barbaric act from this irresponsible governor. if there's any justice in this world, amadioha shall impregnate you with 6 albino midgets.

onye nzuzu!

4 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by born2boink(m): 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
GO AND DIE True example of animal talks.

Remind of fela wey talks say na nigerian government dey call their people yeye people.

Our government don dey smoke weed.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by tpia5: 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
eagle,eye:

please be adviced that uptill today, I have not had the heart to watch the Aluu Video. Somethings are too gory to be watched.

I have nothing more to say to you concerning what The Governor said to the Widow.

if you did not watch it, how did you know its gory?

if you have anything to say about the governor and the widow, direct it to the appropriate quarters, thanks.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
How are you sure @rudedough is even a doctor?

The internet is a virtual place where anyone claims anything, you can see through peoples actions and comments... Who dash am doctor? Doctor for where... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by drmikeadams(m): 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
Later now sum she goats will tell me can abi apc will change nigeria wen they take over power,.even igbibedion former governor no mean reach dis hungry looking governor,..see as em be ,..
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
jice:

Is this woman an Armed robber?
Is she a kidnapper?
Is she a ritualist?
How many of these criminals has he caught?
You are one of the book doctors withouth even any psychology of human behaviour. Who knows how many patients you would have killed with your undecerning book knowledge

You have freedom of speech.

You all don't know that in law, a crime is a crime. The gravity of the crime would be decided in a law court.

The term criminal doesn't mean a thief. Over speeding is a crime and you are termed a criminal for over speeding.

Armed robbers, murderers, traffic offenders or hawkers are all the same criminals. So don't take the word criminal out of contest.

I'm not being cold I'm only trying to be objective. As for killing people, I don't but know that we all die. You may be 99, a middle age man, a teenager, a baby, even a fetus. Death is inevitable.

Sad reality again
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
theoctopus:

This is your answer right there, iddiota!

Florida Cop Buys $100 in Groceries for Woman Caught Shoplifting Food

A struggling Florida mom who was caught trying to shoplift hundreds of dollars of groceries ended up with food and a ride home from a kind-hearted police officer, instead of a ride to the stationhouse.

When Miami-Dade Police Officer Vicki Thomas, 55, was dispatched to look into a shoplifting case at a Publix grocery store, a store manager led her to Jessica Robles.

“She was crying. I said, ‘Okay, what did she take?’ And he pointed to a grocery cart that was full of groceries,” Thomas told ABCNews.com. “I’ve been on [the job] 23 years, and I went, wow.”

“She just filled up the grocery cart and she just walked out, which shocked me and I asked her, ‘Why?’” Thomas recalled. “She said, ‘My children were hungry.’ And that immediately impacted me.”

Thomas said Robles told her through tears, “I’d love to be able to tell you I’ll never do this again, but I can’t because my children are hungry.”

“My grandchildren flashed before my eyes,” Thomas said. “I knew at that time what I was going to do. I knew I was going to buy her groceries.”

Thomas and her partner took the woman to their car, completed her paperwork and then Thomas asked her to wait a few minutes.

“I grabbed my debit card, ran back into the store and bought things that would sustain her for a week or so and when I walked out she saw that I had the cart of groceries and she burst out in tears and asked if she could hug me, which is kind of unusual for the suspect to be hugging the officer,” Thomas said with a laugh. “I let her hug me.”...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/10/florida-cop-buys-100-in-groceries-for-woman-caught-shoplifting-food/

Thomas and Adams do not share the same DNA nor are they expected to reason alike. What's your point exactly and how does this normal everyday event, we see every now and then address the point raised?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 10:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mr. @Rudedough,

Here is my comment again

3. They don't pay taxes but the wholesalers they buy from pay the taxes, heck they are taxed at the point of purchase

Read it slowly this time and then come again for eduction part 2
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by tpia5: 10:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
manny4life:

The Constitution was drafted and signed by who? How do you define a govt? A govt is -, by the - and for the - (now fill in the blanks).

the Edo state people are the govt, they make their laws so if they deem that their govt has erred, they should remove him... Shikena.

Like I said, Edo citizens reserve the right to impeach him immediately.

thank you sir.

the leaders are the reflection of the people, like i pointed out before.

the human rights advocates and public defenders can also get involved if they deem it fit.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 10:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

You all don't know that in law, a crime is a crime. The gravity of the crime would be decided in a law court.

The term criminal doesn't mean a thief. Over speeding is a crime and you are termed a criminal for over speeding.

Armed robbers, murderers, traffic offenders or hawkers are all the same criminals. So don't take the word criminal out of contest.

I'm not being cold I'm only trying to be objective. As for killing people, I don't but know that we all die. You may be 99, a middle age man, a teenager, a baby, even a fetus. Death is inevitable.

Sad reality again

Good point again. I wonder why people are finding this fact hard to comprehend and accept.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by ziga: 10:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

you are a disgrace to the university that have you your degree. scratch that, you can't even be a doctor with this bottom-level intelligence you have displayed here.

how can you compare this innocent woman to an armed robber, kidnapper or ritualist when all she's done was attempting to move her wares from one point to another?

i think the poverty in nigeria has desensitised the average nigerian. this is why many of you have no pity for this woman trying to eke a living. they say crime does not pay & yet they still seized this woman's wares.

rudedough, you should be ashamed of yourself for justifying this barbaric act from this irresponsible governor. if there's any justice in this world, amadioha shall impregnate you with 6 albino midgets.

onye nzuzu!

shocked shocked shocked Lol.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by salykely(m): 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
Oshiomhole is a pretender, that man has no credibility in him. He rode on the back of the masses to achieve what he is today. but i tell u that oshiomhole has gone against those lofty ideas he entice the masses with. where is ONE MAN ONE VOTE; he conducted the most fraudulent election in the history of Edo state. Oshiomhole disregarded the aspiration of APC members in Etsako local government (his LG of origin) and impose a nonentity as the chairmanship candidate. the people of his LG revolted against him and decided to vote for the PDP in protest. Oshiomhole personally came down to INEC office to rig the election in favour of his mole. he however went unpunished as he was rained with stones.
what about FUEL SUBSIDY? OKADA AND NOW this POOR WOMAN. OSHIOMHOLE'S MOTHER HAS TURN GODMOTHER IN HIS LOCAL GOVT whom every one must receive her blessings before contesting for any position. OSHIOMHOLE IS THE BIGGEST DECEIVER AND PRETENDER, AN OPPORTUNIST. THAT MAN IF GIVEN THE CHANCE WILL BE WORST THAN MOGABE

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by ronalmagic10(m): 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
I strongly supported the ruggedness of oshiomole when he signed the death warrant of some kidnappers because I know that they deserved it. The menace in Benin city is becoming a habit and unbearable. However, this situation is pathetic. You meet a woman trading by the roadside, then you order your men to seize her goods even when she was on her knees pleading like her entire life depended on it. To make matters worse, you use derogatory words on her. I'm still in shock. This woman must really be going through a lot wherever she is. A widow with probably plenty kids.

Pls I want you guys to listen to the video very
well and tell me what oshiomole said on 1:33.
The woman said her late husband was a
policeman and I think I heard oshiomole saying
something nasty but I couldn't figure it out.

God help the poor people. I thank God everyday for my life cos I can't believe wat I see others go through
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

onye nzuzu!
Exactly what I thought. If he is indeed a doctor, then my sincerest condolences go out to his patients. There is nothing more unfortunate than having a lunkhead as a doctor. Screw the school that gave that mofo a medical degree.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 10:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

Sad reality again

While over speeding is a crime, if we're to weigh in on the same issue, when you over speed, they should seize your car, yet impound it and straight to auction... Besides, over speeding is a misdemeanor offense unless you DUI, the it's a felony.

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 10:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
manny4life: How are you sure @rudedough is even a doctor?

The internet is a virtual place where anyone claims anything, you can see through peoples actions and comments... Who dash am doctor? Doctor for where... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Address the point he was trying to drive home with that post and quit the comic act. Be law-abiding.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 10:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01:

Address the point he was trying to drive home with that post and quit the comic act. Be law-abiding.

Which is?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by tellwisdom: 10:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
banky0503: what did u smoke?

Banana leaf. Anuofia undecided
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 11:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01:

The constitution is not same as public opinion, please get your facts right sir, no offence.

I asked you again, the public citizens are WHO?

Define a govt and who drafts the Constitution then we begin to get somewhere.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 11:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
manny4life:

Which is?

You need me to help you spell it out

Good to see your humble side! cheesy
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by bokohalal(m): 11:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
If you are a widow you now block walkways,litter the streets, cause traffic jams and or accidents?. First widow in the world,abi?.
Their illegal activity lead to flooding and subsequent loss of lives and property in the city.
The woman should go and die so that others may live.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Adegokenath(m): 11:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
kokoA: You don't use such words on your human being no matter what.. That was cold oshiomole.
you people don't know what really happen o i was at the seen. details later
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
pappilo:

You must be a quack doctor. No real doctor could have watched that video and try to justify what that ugly barsteward said to the widow. A widow's means of livelyhood, probably acquired over many years of hard work was being taken away from her and you think its justified. Have you no empathy?

No law in Nigeria gives anyone the power to seize the property of a person who has alighted from a bus at an undesignated stop.

No! Real doctors have balls to suck up their emotions and do what has to be done.

You can call me whatever you like but the emotion thingy, i don't buy it. No hawking means no hawking.

Nigerians must learn to respect laws. The lawlessness and indiscipline in that $hithole of a country is just too much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (34) (Reply)

Buhari’s Reaction When Small Doctor Told Him 'Stop Sleeping' (Video, Pix) / Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives / How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.