Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:43 PM

Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. (16419 Views)

I Don't Understand God / I Am Praying For The End Of This Wicked World. / I Am Praying For The End Of This Wicked World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 9:51am On Nov 29, 2013
wellmax: I see muslims studying the bible more than their book, looking for what Ŧo use in arguements...little wonder the Word bears no fruit in them. You call Jesus a prophet, yet you come here Ŧo insult His person. This is the height of confusion. May God's hand of mercy reach you.

Ŧo OP, if you have trully read your bible like you claim, you will understand what happening Ŧo you without coming Ŧo seek public opinions. Better still you could talk Ŧo a christain of like faith. The Holy spirit comes Ŧo consecrated christians when the seek Him. But sometimes God sees your innocence andd sincererity, and wants Ŧo use you for his purpose, He then fills you with His Spirit. Samson and John were spirit filled from their mother's womb, they had no choice but Ŧo heed the call of God.
God bless you.
Well said...
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 9:52am On Nov 29, 2013
adonismuller: Must you advertise it on nairaland?...alll these christians self,,,am not a muslim but I think they are more composed

Go meet your pastor and stop telling the whole world
cheesycheesy
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2013
wellmax: I see muslims studying the bible more than their book, looking for what Ŧo use in arguements...little wonder the Word bears no fruit in them. You call Jesus a prophet, yet you come here Ŧo insult His person. This is the height of confusion. May God's hand of mercy reach you.

Ŧo OP, if you have trully read your bible like you claim, you will understand what happening Ŧo you without coming Ŧo seek public opinions. Better still you could talk Ŧo a christain of like faith. The Holy spirit comes Ŧo consecrated christians when the seek Him. But sometimes God sees your innocence andd sincererity, and wants Ŧo use you for his purpose, He then fills you with His Spirit. Samson and John were spirit filled from their mother's womb, they had no choice but Ŧo heed the call of God.
God bless you.
thanks for your contribution,may God bless you too.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by JimloveTM(m): 9:53am On Nov 29, 2013
arcbabe: Have been going through a lot recently and have decided to hope,trust and pray to God to see me through. Have been reading my bible and at a point i will start speaking in a language i don't understand,this is bothering me. Will God hear me out and why the sudden language change? Since i don't understand the language myself,how will i channel my problems to God for instance if i want to say i want something from God,will the language am speaking let God understand my thought and needs? Am confuse,pls i need a very God christian or pastor to make me understand this and help me.

Acts 2 vs 4
Acts 19 vs 16
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 29, 2013
arcbabe: Have been going through a lot recently and have decided to hope,trust and pray to God to see me through. Have been reading my bible and at a point i will start speaking in a language i don't understand,this is bothering me. Will God hear me out and why the sudden language change? Since i don't understand the language myself,how will i channel my problems to God for instance if i want to say i want something from God,will the language am speaking let God understand my thought and needs? Am confuse,pls i need a very God christian or pastor to make me understand this and help me.

my dear, if you had actually been going through a lot before the strange language thing begins, you may need to see a doctor. except if of course you think you are speaking in tongue. an assumption which beats any rational line of thinking.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mccullum: 9:55am On Nov 29, 2013
Stop decieving urself by misunderstanding scriptures in d bible, those that speaks in tongue in d bible at that period people understood them unlike contemporary christians that speaking rubbish, jagbajantis under d pretext of speaking in tongue... stop deception of evil msg of tongue speaking because you can't decieve almighty God but ueself.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 9:58am On Nov 29, 2013
arcbabe: thanks for your contribution,may God bless you too.
please be weary of most of the post you see here,majority are scoffers.
God bless you.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 29, 2013
arcbabe: thanks
What is happening to you is just awesome. God is fulfilling His promise in your life so rejoice!
For now, forget about your needs and whether and how you speak to God about them in English. They will be met.
God is calling you into a deeper and intimate relationship with Him. All you need to do is devour the Word if God (start from John and Act) and spend lots of time in Fellowship with the Holy Spirit to perfect in the language He has given you. Also book a time with your pastor or elder in your church so they can groom you in the Spirit. This is glorious. You ought to rejoice and get excited. The hand of the Almighty is upon your life in a mighty way. We are truly living in the lady days!. I rejoice with you sister!!

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by akinemma1: 9:59am On Nov 29, 2013
lanrexlan: Do you understand what you are saying? No,you don't so it's jargons and still they are congratulating you on it.Se holy spirit never sabi english ni?
The dictionary meaning of jargons is this: The specialized or technical language of a trade, profession, or similar group. Not everybody understands jargons but some people still understand it. Every profession has its own jargons. We have medical jargons, etc So if you say she is speaking jargons, you are right because she is speaking heavenly jargons which cannot be understood by you but God understands it because it is inspired by the holy spirit.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 29, 2013
Lordlexyy: Apparently, your inability to comprehend this wonderful mystery of the Spirit has made you really uncomfortable and you have resorted to all gimmicks to discredit this heavenly bliss. It's too late, you can't take it away from her no matter your contradictions. Sorry, it is not meant for everyone(dead woods), but those who are alive to God and sensitive to the Spirit.
Thank you bro
You can't argue with the Holy Spirit. When He is at work, all doubters will be confounded. The power and manifestation of the Holy Spirit are only deniable to those that have never experienced it or dead. These things are real.
The kingdom if God is not about words, but about manifestation if power and the Spirit.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by lanrexlan(m): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2013
Mintayo:
He is a muslim,he will never understand what the Spirit is saying.
Pls be mindful what some ppl tell u here now that you are on fp,the answer is in the scriptures.
I don't comprehend babble and words that aren't meaningful.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 29, 2013
Pls i didn't post this in Islamic section neither did i seek the advice of muslims in this thread. It high time you stick to your Quran instead of studying the bible just to change it meaning and trying to confuse people. Majority of christians belief in the words of the bible and don't take it upon themselves to study the Quran,but you see muslims studying the bible just to blasphem God. Pls you can go to another thread to do that b'cos i won't accept such here,this is not an avenue for you to insult the integrity and sincerity of the word of God. Am a christian and will want muslims to stop disturbing and trying to make me change my religion. Respect is reciprocal, i can never say anything bad about Islam and i also will want you to respect my religion. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by THUNDER4real(m): 10:08am On Nov 29, 2013
let THUNDER STRIKE DEAD any body that is insulting Jesus, God the father and the holy spirit who is made manifest through SPEAKING IN TONGUES.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 29, 2013
Well Done Sister, well done, The psalms are a powerful tool of praise to God, no wonder your sudden jolt into the supernatural....
The Bible Calls David the sweet psalmist of Israel, and God called David a man after his own heart.
So keep at it, you about to break forth into a realm beyond the natural.
God Bless You.
PS: If Jesus is all you have, you have all you need....

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 10:12am On Nov 29, 2013
lanrexlan: I don't comprehend babble and words that aren't meaningful.
lol,someone has given u a perfect definition of jargons now you ave moved into babbles? It cant be meaningful to yu nw,dnt u get it,you are spiritually dead,accept Jesus and come alife and be a new being.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mujah1deen: 10:12am On Nov 29, 2013
Funny people.

Anyway don't know why but your thread sounds fishy undecided very fishy to say the least,maybe I know why maybe I don't anyway keep speaking in. How do you call it again? Oops my bad in tongue.

On a more serious note, you are invited to embrace Islam and give your life to Allah.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by pmc01(m): 10:16am On Nov 29, 2013
arcbabe: what is your point exactly,pls i need assistance from christians who are deep in the scripture and pastors not any discouragement. What do you suggest i do now? Force myself to stop speaking in the strange language or you want me not to pray at all?

It could be the work of jinns (unseen spirits or demons, if you like it that way). Try Islam, forget the sham you are into now.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mujah1deen: 10:16am On Nov 29, 2013
arcbabe: Pls i didn't post this in Islamic section neither did i seek the advice of muslims in this thread. It high time you stick to your Quran instead of studying the bible just to change it meaning and trying to confuse people. Majority of christians belief in the words of the bible and don't take it upon themselves to study the Quran,but you see muslims studying the bible just to blasphem God. Pls you can go to another thread to do that b'cos i won't accept such here,this is not an avenue for you to insult the integrity and sincerity of the word of God. Am a christian and will want muslims to stop disturbing and trying to make me change my religion. Respect is reciprocal, i can never say anything bad about Islam and i also will want you to respect my religion. Thanks
you are confused , what's your denomination? If you are catholic my advise to you is to stop listening to the like of mintayo he's a protestant and he's only preying on you . If you are a protestant then you are more doomed than I thought because you are following manmade doctrines . Islam is the truth and solution Embrace Allah and join the Umah
Allahu Akbar

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Iyineda(m): 10:17am On Nov 29, 2013
Joagbaje:

It's called "SPEAKING IN TOGUES" you are the second person shearing such experience with me in one week . Congratulations

Nah man, it is called "dementia".
Not a laughing matter...

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by lanrexlan(m): 10:17am On Nov 29, 2013
pmc01:

It could be the work of jinns (unseen spirits or demons, if you like it that way). Try Islam, forget the sham you are into now.
Gbam!!
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mujah1deen: 10:19am On Nov 29, 2013
akin emma: The dictionary meaning of jargons is this: The specialized or technical language of a trade, profession, or similar group. Not everybody understands jargons but some people still understand it. Every profession has its own jargons. We have medical jargons, etc So if you say she is speaking jargons, you are right because she is speaking heavenly jargons which cannot be understood by you but God understands it because it is inspired by the holy spirit.
how do you understand that so called heavenly jargon? Or do you even it is one ? Have you ever been in the heaven? Do you work up there?
I bet she prays drunk
Or op why don't you record yourself? Nonsense
You alone know the church you are trying to advertise
Speaking in tongue my left foot

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by laclass(m): 10:20am On Nov 29, 2013
mumumugu: Na so madnes dey take start
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i tire oo
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by John1305(m): 10:23am On Nov 29, 2013
Its amazing to see someone bring up this issue to NL and I am so happy.

Dear OP,

This is not for you to be scared, but as Apostle Paul, (whom you must have read about) said, I wouldn't have you IGNORANT."

So also, do not ignore the gifts of the Holy Spirit. This act which you described, happened to me too, and I tell, I have gotten far beyond even my expectations. Even the things I couldn't pray about in (beyond my understanding) I saw them materializing. I found peace praying in the Holy Ghost so much that, I tagged it my first Language.

Rom 8:26-28 describes one of the wonderful reasons why this invaluable gift was given to us believers, and I believe it is more applicable to this case of yours (there are more uses).
"Also the Holy Spirit helpeth our infirmities, for we no not what to pray as we ought to, ... With groaning that can not be uttered'..

The Lord grant you light. And strength.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by esley: 10:23am On Nov 29, 2013
@ op,i believe ROMS 8:26 best explains ur position.
jst keep praying & believing in God,for he cares.
SHALOM.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Queenhadassah: 10:23am On Nov 29, 2013

My dear its either u are speaking in tongues or u are speaking in a demonic language. if u are speaking in tongues, I believe u should be comfortable and peaceful since its via d holyghost. But in this case u are scared and uncomfortable. If I may ask, have u been having strange dreams, are u having sex or eating in ur dream, do u see urself speaking this language with other people in ur dream? In this case, u are not speaking under the influence of d holyspirit but a strange spirit.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by astronautog(m): 10:23am On Nov 29, 2013
Op I have read this thread over and over again my conclusion is that your are mentally unstable as in kolomental you need uselu!!!
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by ecode1(m): 10:23am On Nov 29, 2013
Op, I believe you have been given the required clarification you needed. Speaking in tongues is real and you can't really understand some certain things as a Christian if you don't speak in tongues. English or any other Language has limited us when it comes to communicating with God. I Thank God for the spirit of understanding of speaking in tongues. Speaking in tongues is a way of life for me now.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 10:23am On Nov 29, 2013
Mujah1deen: you are confused , what's your denomination? If you are catholic my advise to you is to stop listening to the like of mintayo he's a protestant and he's only preying on you . If you are a protestant then you are more doomed than I thought because you are following manmade doctrines . Islam is the truth and solution Embrace Allah and join the Umah
Allahu Akbar
See a despirate mohammedan,guy bend,she does not need your help...
Tell allah to bring solution the fight btw sunni and shia,tell him to bring solution to bokoharam,tell him to bring soltion to alqueada,tell him to bring solution to young and tenaage girls whom ur brothers have disrupt their hope for the future,maybe then we will start considering him...
The Op is experiencing the New wine and Living water that flows only from Christ Jesus to all we who are saved.
Time is running fast,you can experience it too,leave your confused state and embrace Jesus,He is waiting for you.
Op beware of this spiritually dead ppl.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by freenature: 10:25am On Nov 29, 2013
Its called speaking in tongues (you've just received the baptism of the holy ghost Acts1 vrs 8, Acts 2) dear, so do not worry or be afraid just get connected in the spirit. Let the Lord lead you and pray that Jesus help you stand firm in him faithfully.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 29, 2013
Arcbabe.....
U shouldnt hav posted ur personal life experience in a public forum.
Meet ur pastor or a sum1 u know is more spiritually inclined 2 throw more lime light on this...
*I'll advice u unfollow this thread and go seek the council of ur pastor*
keep ur close relationship with God, He'll show u great and mighty things ur mouth cannot express!!!

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by christaddicted: 10:25am On Nov 29, 2013
Congratulations beloveth@Op...
I give you 1millions likes.
I've been experiencing same with you for years now...Till date as i'm typing this...Is a great & sweet experience...The Lord will send you an interpretter soon...Watch out!
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by christaddicted: 10:29am On Nov 29, 2013
Congratulations beloveth@Op...
I give you 1millions likes.
I've been experiencing same with you for years now...Till date as i'm typing this...Is a great & sweet experience...The Lord will send you an interpretter soon...Watch out!
Mind you, never respond or reply to persecutors on this thread.. They are blinded & ignorant.. 2Cor.4:4.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi Reveals Nigeria's Crisis Will End Soon / How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria / Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.