Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,706 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:50 AM

Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. (16420 Views)

I Don't Understand God / I Am Praying For The End Of This Wicked World. / I Am Praying For The End Of This Wicked World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 29, 2013
Why is such a beautiful thread being derailed by this people?
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by godman01(m): 11:36am On Nov 29, 2013
idnoble135:
The Holy Spirit understands english but you see, the English language can not effectively communicate some things of the Spirit. New words are added constantly to english which tries to provide more words that can express human thoughts and feelings in a better way.
You see, the Holy Spirit prays through you with tongues. Scriptures says he searches the deep things of God

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man,
the things which God hath prepared for them that
love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep
things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the
things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of
God. 1 Corinthians 2:9-11

So there are things that exist that we can not fully express in words. And so, the importance of tongues, which is that we can communicate with the Father at the highest level possible. So the Spirit of God(Holy Spirit), knows the deep things of God, so that by praying in tongues, we are partnering with the Holy Spirit to pray God's will for us.
"For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding." (1 Corinthians 14:14-15).
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 29, 2013
Mujah1deen:
Whatever, embrace Islam before it is too late

its my prayer too. The punishment start from the grave. The message is simple: worship God the way he wants you to worship Him not what you think is the best

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by harbiola1(m): 11:39am On Nov 29, 2013
leckxy: Even Satan understands english and any other language, but when you speak in tongue you are talking to God directly. Disconnect yourself from men for a day and pray as his spirit will grant you utterance.

Omo olomo, guys won't be able to see all those expo for nw. At least, her body should nw be a temple of God since Holy spirit has entered.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 29, 2013
Mujah1deen:
Tell your God to end the war in Congo
Where was he during the Rwandan genocide?
The op is lying and you guys are taking us for Id1ot, Islam remains the answer and solution to our problems as a country and for this op who is in a state of spiritual confusion(if she's saying the truth) .
Linking your so called speaking in tongue with God is absurd

dont 4get to ask her to pray abt d crusade between catholic and anglican in northern ireland (dat war bloody ooo, but it does nt make headline)
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by harbiola1(m): 11:44am On Nov 29, 2013
idnoble135: Why is such a beautiful thread being derailed by this people?

WHAT IS THE MATTER?

can't u see the topic "HELP! I'm Speaking In A Language I Don't Understand"
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 29, 2013
harbiola1:

Omo olomo, guys won't be able to see all those expo for nw. At least, her body should nw be a temple of God since Holy spirit has entered.

This is shirk ??
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mujah1deen: 11:48am On Nov 29, 2013
Sheykul Islam:

dont 4get to ask her to pray abt d crusade between catholic and anglican in northern ireland (dat war bloody ooo, but it does nt make headline)
it is taboo lipsrsealed don't forget Christians are peaceful and always turn the other cheek. grin grin, bloody hypocrited angry
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 29, 2013

we dont abuse ppl, just a calling from darkness to light
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mujah1deen: 11:50am On Nov 29, 2013
Sheykul Islam:

its my prayer too. The punishment start from the grave. The message is simple: worship God the way he wants you to worship Him not what you think is the best
Let's spread the message and save them
In sha' Allah we will witness them embracing Islam.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by adsonstone: 11:53am On Nov 29, 2013
lanrexlan: Do you understand what you are saying? No,you don't so it's jargons and still they are congratulating you on it.Se holy spirit never sabi english ni?

hey, why dont you just leave her.
Your response suggests you dont even understand what's happening (to her).

@op, God knows all, it is well.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 29, 2013
Am grateful that you all have taken time out of your busy schedule to help me on this and give me insight as to what is happening to me,i appreciate your contributions. Thanks
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by asadss: 11:56am On Nov 29, 2013
don't fool your self there is nothing hide, God never hide anything is just a devils comes to you. why only you ask your self are you the only 1 that read Bible or are u better than all?
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 11:58am On Nov 29, 2013
azeezlateefah:
av u forgot dat jesus also knock his head on the ground like muslim does....go read the book of mathew....wake up from ur dream islam is here for you and i.....
Yes now,the jesus in d quran,i know the Bible Jesus differs from ur quran jesus,no?
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by djdroydakkount: 11:59am On Nov 29, 2013
Understanding is what u need and I don't think nairaland is the source. Go back to ur God for it.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 12:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
i wonder too o,too many scoffers and fleshly ppl,spiritually dead pple,i pray God open their eyes so tthat they may see the Joy which d Op is enjoying.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mujah1deen:
Whatever, embrace Islam before it is too late
i will when ur dead prophet mohammed rises from the dead...cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
arcbabe: Am grateful that you all have taken time out of your busy schedule to help me on this and give me insight as to what is happening to me,i appreciate your contributions. Thanks
You are welcome dear sister,May God bless you and may He open up Himself to you d more as you grow deeply in Him.
Enjoy yourself in His presence.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by dancocity(m): 12:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
dear look 4 a man of God who will help u out.....
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mujah1deen: 12:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mintayo:
i will when ur dead prophet mohammed rises from the dead...cheesycheesycheesy

Islam has come to stay,you better catch the train bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX8rjaqMvBs

Walk on the path of Muhammad(peace be upon him )
Embrace Islam and give your life to Allah

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by tellwisdom: 12:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
OP,Have you started taking your cloths off?? sad
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by RealAlfranco: 12:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
Joagbaje:

It's called "SPEAKING IN TOGUES"
When deep and meaningful thoughts gets shut down with LOGIC!!!
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mujah1deen: 12:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
tellwisdom: OP,Have you started taking your cloths off?? sad
this is hilarious
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by richie44(m): 12:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
2 avoid long story read 1corinthians 14
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mujah1deen:

Islam has come to stay,you better catch the train bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX8rjaqMvBs

Walk on the path of Muhammad(peace be upon him )
Embrace Islam and give your life to Allah
I know now,Satan too has come to stay now,its just that he will end up in d lake of fire now.
Allah has nothing to offer,i can't be bowing to a moon god...
I have found PEACE in Christ Jesus,just like OP too,you can also join in d train.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by harbiola1(m): 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sheykul Islam:

Josheph Kony aka Spoke Person for Holy Spirit is currently doing wonders in uganda, even America don tire. One thing is that i just have that strange feeling that Holy spirit may tell this lady to go and lead Akwat Akpot, because that was the same way it started with Alice Auma. And the masscre of Holy spirit eh.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
arcbabe: Am grateful that you all have taken time out of your busy schedule to help me on this and give me insight as to what is happening to me,i appreciate your contributions. Thanks
Develope this and ask God that you can interprete as well or may be to give you an interpreter.
But submit yourself to a Godly authority and counsel in your local church.

Please ignore those that will say all sort of degrading things in this forum espcially the moslem folks that are under the influence of demons. They dont understand. Those that dont know or have the Holy Spirit in them will never understand. They are not experiencing what you are experiencing, and it doesnt matter what anyone says, it is you that know what the Lord is doing in and with you. So dont respond to them. If you have a diamond in your pocket, you will guard it with all you have in you. What you have now is an eternal diamond. lol
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by ypeace: 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
Salam alaikum muslim bros. Please, let us make our sermon and preaching 'soft' and insult free. Since the owner of the thrend said she does not want the kind of response we muslims are giving, I think the best thing is to pray for her. Lets avoid the creation of hatred among ourselves. The op has displayed a high degree of maturity so far. May God bless us all. Peace
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mujah1deen: 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mintayo:
I know now,Satan too has come to stay now,its just that he will end up in d lake of fire now.
Allah has nothing to offer,i can't be bowing to a moon god...
I have found PEACE in Christ Jesus,just like OP too,you can also join in d train.

shocked shocked angry May Allah forgive you
May he guide you on the right path
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
Lordlexyy: Why should you be surprise if you have been reading your bible as you claim. Go back to 1 Cor 14, read the entire chapter and stop being too childish waiting to be pampered. Mintayo and idnoble just said it all. If want to you learn, then learn but if asking randome unnecessary questions is all you wanted, then suit yourself. Btw, the english language is not rich enough to communicate the deep things of God as a result of that, the Holy Spirit constantly help us to express ourselves in spiritual language understood by God and God alone.
haba you don't have to be so harsh na... The op is only asking for guidance.
@ op like someone said congratulations. You are speaking in tongues. Your spirit is praying to God. Read 1 cor chapter 14. Evrything about speaking in tongues is there and if you don't understand KJV then you can use New Living Translation. And don't be scared. Keep praying in the holy ghost. This is just the start of God's work in your spiritual life.
btw don't mind the people saying rubbish here o..like the ones saying you are mad, just ignore them. To understand the word of God and the things of God, you first have to have the spirit of God in you and they don't. That's why they are thinking like natural men. It is not their fault. They have been blinded by the devil.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by IdowuOtukoya(m): 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
swity, carnal minds will surely criticize u but dnt be discouraged.......study rom8:26 nd 1cor14:1-2 stay blessed! smiley
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by harbiola1(m): 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sheykul Islam:

This is shirk ??
Just borrowed their dirty language, May God Forgive me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi Reveals Nigeria's Crisis Will End Soon / How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria / Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.